Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant - Travel (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (1980546 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by smslive2: 8:53am On Jul 11, 2018
Congratulations in Advance dear..
Ethelia:

Okay, makes sense.

Actually the short landing is so we can have our Canadian baby by Gods Grace grin grin will stay for just a few months then return to prepare properly.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by jhoci: 9:19am On Jul 11, 2018
Go to page 113 you will see the links to different people's landing stories. A number of them used Ethiopian airlines and talked about the experience

Jewel80:
Please does anyone know anything about ethopian airlines? I found a relatively cheap cost of flight from Lagos to Edmonton for august date but i am not sure whether to book or not.

How is their services? Will i regret it?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by QSola: 9:24am On Jul 11, 2018
studyexec:

Hey, I am, but moving in August.
Send me a PM.

Same here. Will send a pm now
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ethelia(f): 10:17am On Jul 11, 2018
luffyhaki:

Congrats in advance

Thank you grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ethelia(f): 10:18am On Jul 11, 2018
smslive2:
Congratulations in Advance dear..

Thank you cheesy cheesy
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Randomsue: 10:36am On Jul 11, 2018
Ethelia:

Okay, makes sense.

Actually the short landing is so we can have our Canadian baby by Gods Grace grin grin will stay for just a few months then return to prepare properly.

Yay...congrats in advance dear.

Please go and submit your passport sharp sharp.

Hope the short landing wouldn't stress you though, getting used to new baby and flying back to naija can be a lot

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ethelia(f): 10:48am On Jul 11, 2018
Randomsue:

Yay...congrats in advance dear.

Please go and submit your passport sharp sharp.

Hope the short landing wouldn't stress you though, getting used to new baby and flying back to naija can be a lot

Thanks dear, God has been faithful.

Regarding the stress, I'm really trying not to think about it cry cry Want to use this time to find out as much info as possible so I'll be well prepared. I'm yet to read up on the experience of anyone who landed and had a baby soon after
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by 1Misha(f): 12:05pm On Jul 11, 2018
Please book it. I just landed Winnipeg yesterday and flew Ethiopian air. I've flown them before and I don't think the service is bad at all. Of course if your other option is Emirates I'll go with that, but if not, just book the flight already.

quote author=Jewel80 post=69264058]Please does anyone know anything about ethopian airlines? I found a relatively cheap cost of flight from Lagos to Edmonton for august date but i am not sure whether to book or not.

How is their services? Will i regret it?[/quote]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 11, 2018
40manlappy:
Anyone that needs the DL authentication letter urgently from FRSC can send me a PM so that I can share a contact that I got recently. I don't think it would be appropriate to post his phone number and email address here.

Based on available information, you may just be required to arrange for courier service if you don't have someone to pick it up for you in Abuja.

IMO, that is still cheaper than paying $50 to obtain it in Ottawa, especially if you are still in Nigeria.

Hello Sir,

I just saw this post and i will appreciate a link so I can process mine. I sent a request to your email

Thank you

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Randomsue: 12:52pm On Jul 11, 2018
All will be well.

You can check vcole's posts, I think she had her baby shortly after landing in Calgary

Ethelia:

Regarding the stress, I'm really trying not to think about it cry cry Want to use this time to find out as much info as possible so I'll be well prepared. I'm yet to read up on the experience of anyone who landed and had a baby soon after

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ethelia(f): 1:09pm On Jul 11, 2018
Randomsue:
All will be well.

You can check vcole's posts, I think she had her baby shortly after landing in Calgary

Thanks a lot.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Blessedluvdfavd: 3:23pm On Jul 11, 2018
Ethelia:

I had my baby 2 days after landing. Went through the ER though so didn't get to find a doctor and all that. Just wanted to point out that if you're planning on birthing in Alberta there's some rule about being resident in Alberta at least 6months out of 12 months. Maybe look it up to clarify. Congrats and all the best!

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Jewel80(f): 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2018
Thanks!
1Misha:
Please book it. I just landed Winnipeg yesterday and flew Ethiopian air. I've flown them before and I don't think the service is bad at all. Of course if your other option is Emirates I'll go with that, but if not, just book the flight already.

quote author=Jewel80 post=69264058]Please does anyone know anything about ethopian airlines? I found a relatively cheap cost of flight from Lagos to Edmonton for august date but i am not sure whether to book or not.

How is their services? Will i regret it?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Jewel80(f): 4:56pm On Jul 11, 2018
jhoci:
Go to page 113 you will see the links to different people's landing stories. A number of them used Ethiopian airlines and talked about the experience

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Jewel80(f): 4:58pm On Jul 11, 2018
QSola:

Please book. What date.i am also looking for a cheap flight as long as it's anything from second to third week of August

17th august. 467k
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by luffyhaki: 4:59pm On Jul 11, 2018
Jewel80:

17th august. 467k

Summertime grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by stubbornman(m): 5:54pm On Jul 11, 2018
Everybody just dey fly commot for Naija, God be with you all

One day me too I go land for there too my own go be STRONG LANDING grin grin cheesy cheesy cool

18 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by IamIye: 6:01pm On Jul 11, 2018
If you're a single female landing between 26th & 31st July or you're already in Canada looking to stay in Mississauga, and you'd like to rent a room in an apartment on short term basis, please send me a PM asap. Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by QSola: 7:53pm On Jul 11, 2018
Jewel80:

17th august. 467k

I might have to chill till September. Saw 299k September 7,8 and 14

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ninichinny: 8:06pm On Jul 11, 2018
Which airline?
QSola:

I might have to chill till September. Saw 299k September 7,8 and 14
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Tamad101(f): 4:02am On Jul 12, 2018
Yay! Congratulations @Ethelia

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ethelia(f): 7:12am On Jul 12, 2018
Blessedluvdfavd:

I had my baby 2 days after landing. Went through the ER though so didn't get to find a doctor and all that. Just wanted to point out that if you're planning on birthing in Alberta there's some rule about being resident in Alberta at least 6months out of 12 months. Maybe look it up to clarify. Congrats and all the best!

Thank you and congrats as well! I'll look into it, hopefully the highest penalty will be to pay the fees.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ethelia(f): 7:13am On Jul 12, 2018
Tamad101:
Yay! Congratulations @Ethelia

Thanks grin kiss
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Adlib007(f): 8:19am On Jul 12, 2018
Awww. Congrats in advance. smiley

Ethelia:

Okay, makes sense.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ethelia(f): 8:27am On Jul 12, 2018
Adlib007:
Awww. Congrats in advance. smiley

Thanks dear kiss
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ethelia(f): 2:27pm On Jul 12, 2018
Hi everyone, I'm asking on behalf of a friend (silent reader) who just got ppr mail yesterday. The head of department for her previous company (the one she used her work experience in) just passed away last week and the company has removed his details from the website. The deceased was the one who signed her reference letter.

She is worried that another review of the file will be done before her passport is stamped and that if they don't find his details on the website it can cause problem. Can this be an issue? I do remember seeing somewhere that another review may be done but I'm not sure, hence her asking me to put the question here.

Your response will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by luffyhaki: 2:52pm On Jul 12, 2018
Ethelia:
Hi everyone, I'm asking on behalf of a friend (silent reader) who just got ppr mail yesterday. The head of department for her previous company (the one she used her work experience in) just passed away last week and the company has . Thanks.

I don't think there's anything to worry about though..But let others weigh in given I have not gotten PPR yet.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Fortissimo502: 3:04pm On Jul 12, 2018
luffyhaki:

I don't think there's anything to worry about though..But let others weigh in given I have not gotten PPR yet.
I agree. Shouldn't be an issue. Plus there's a valid explanation anyway. I also don't think there's usually an in depth review of the file after PPR.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Blackbuddy: 4:04pm On Jul 12, 2018
Ethelia:
Hi everyone, I'm asking on behalf of a friend (silent reader) who just got ppr mail yesterday. The head of department for her previous company (the one she used her work experience in) just passed away last week and the company has removed his details from the website. The deceased was the one who signed her reference letter.

She is worried that another review of the file will be done before her passport is stamped and that if they don't find his details on the website it can cause problem. Can this be an issue? I do remember seeing somewhere that another review may be done but I'm not sure, hence her asking me to put the question here.

Hi, this will not be an issue as the HOD could also have resigned and moved on with his career the day after he issued the reference. It does not invalidate the reference given. IRCC/VO will simply reach out to another officer in the company through the HR group for validation, get validation from HR directly or request (through ADR - additional document request) that you send an updated reference letter if at all that they really need to review/request at this stage.

No need to be worried, this happens all the time all over the world and the VOs have a process in place to address this. All the best with the rest of the application processing.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Blackbuddy: 4:15pm On Jul 12, 2018
Hello all, sharing this inspiring story concerning a dear friend, an internationally experienced Nigerian engineer about how he succeeded in getting licensed and settled in Ontario.

http://www.digitalityworks.com/Viewers/ViewIssue.aspx?IssueID=188&PageNo=17

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ethelia(f): 5:24pm On Jul 12, 2018
Blackbuddy:

Hi, this will not be an issue. All the best with the rest of the application processing.

Thank you all, she sends her thanks @luffyhaki @fortissimo502 smiley

Hopefully they face their work and stamp the visa straight cheesy grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by czaratwork: 6:11pm On Jul 12, 2018
Ethelia:

Your review is normally done before PPR. My update was done before PPR. Once you have gotten to PPR, just start packing your load. Nothing to worry over.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (505)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.