Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant - Travel (409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (1980471 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Blackbuddy: 7:39pm On Oct 17, 2018
snowlordng:
where in Canada

Those are pictures from Toronto and Mississauga smiley

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by chinymi: 8:21pm On Oct 17, 2018
snowlordng:
were in Canada

Toronto and Mississauga. We moved from Scarborough though so, other pictures will show places from there towards toronto
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by chinymi: 8:24pm On Oct 17, 2018
Pictures

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by chinymi: 8:25pm On Oct 17, 2018
More Pictures

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by chinymi: 8:26pm On Oct 17, 2018
More

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by chinymi: 8:28pm On Oct 17, 2018
More pictures

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by chinymi: 8:29pm On Oct 17, 2018
cool

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by chinymi: 8:32pm On Oct 17, 2018
This is more massive than it looks

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by chinymi: 8:33pm On Oct 17, 2018
Evening sun

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by chinymi: 8:34pm On Oct 17, 2018
Have I posted this...

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by chinymi: 8:34pm On Oct 17, 2018
smiley

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by chinymi: 8:36pm On Oct 17, 2018
Peep the 'mechine'

12 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by chinymi: 8:37pm On Oct 17, 2018
grin

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by chinymi: 8:38pm On Oct 17, 2018
[i][/i]

10 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by tintedniggz(m): 1:39am On Oct 18, 2018
chinymi:
Pictures..
Mississauga �
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by mikkyphp(m): 3:20am On Oct 18, 2018
tintedniggz:

Mississauga �
entry to North York
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by stonecoldcafe: 5:56am On Oct 18, 2018
Good morning, for those who purchased Ethiopian airways abi air ticket, how did you guys make payment as dem single Naija/Sudan cards
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Chester2018: 6:28am On Oct 18, 2018
Kemzyebony:
Dear All,

For people interested in taking some courses on Udemy, there is a promo going on, checkout the website now as most courses are upto 94%. 2 days left before the promo ends...

Check out Udemy.com now to take advantage of the offer

Goodnight...
Thank you so much!was able to take some courses at a ridiculously low price.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Fabulux: 8:30am On Oct 18, 2018
Please I sent you a mail as regards this your post. Please acknowledge it.

"Please o does Canada issue eta (electronic Travel Authorization) to Nigerian passport holders. i have one that was issued to my brother i check on CIC website and its says approved. (na agent do am for am o so i dey fear)

Please help o"

My brother just got this same visa. What was the outcome of your brothers ETA visa.? Was he able to travel with it. Please help respond.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Fabulux: 8:35am On Oct 18, 2018

"Please o does Canada issue eta (electronic Travel Authorization) to Nigerian passport holders. i have one that was issued to my brother i check on CIC website and its says approved. (na agent do am for am o so i dey fear)

Please help o"

My brother just got this same visa. What was the outcome of your brothers ETA visa.? Was he able to travel with it. Please help respond
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by armstead: 11:25am On Oct 18, 2018
Please how can I change naira in my Nigerian bank account to Canadian dollars. I’m presently in Calgary.

Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by cochtrane(m): 1:39pm On Oct 18, 2018
armstead:
Please how can I change naira in my Nigerian bank account to Canadian dollars. I’m presently in Calgary.

Thanks
There are a handful of options:
- a wire transfer from Nigeria
- withdraw your money from any of their ATMs with your Nigerian card and deposit into your canadian account
- Western union from Nigeria into your Canadian account

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 18, 2018
Fabulux:

Please help o"

My brother just got this same visa. What was the outcome of your brothers ETA visa.? Was he able to travel with it. Please help respond
Please note that Nigerian passport holders a.k.a. Nigerian Citizens are not eligible to get an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) to travel to Canada with the exception of those who are permanent residents of the United States of America (USA). Nigerian citizens require a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) to enter Canada.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by cochtrane(m): 2:14pm On Oct 18, 2018
Hi All,
Is there anyone who knows who to talk to regarding best opportunities for buying a condo in Edmonton?
Regards
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Kmgb: 2:37pm On Oct 18, 2018
Hello everyone,Is there anyone who landed in Windsor Ontario in the last one year or two? Kindly share your experiences and your opinion on the city.

Thanks in anticipation

@Datechman pls na
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Beeea: 2:39pm On Oct 18, 2018
cochtrane:
Hi All,
Is there anyone who knows who can talk to regarding best opportunities for buying a condo in Edmonton?
Regards

Hello, I live in Edmonton. What would you like to know? You can pm me if you want.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Lalaska(m): 2:54pm On Oct 18, 2018
temmytee1:
Hi all,
Please i intend to apply for a visit visa for my mum. She intends to come at the end of december and i will be landing as PR at the end of November. Would you advise that she applies now or after i land.
My concerns are processing time and to avoid misrepresentation.
If she chooses the option of visiting family or friends i can't provide her an IV letter yet, so it will have to be tourism.
But she has to fill a family information form and will definitely include my name.
Please advice. Thanks

Complicated issue here. The thing is you are not yet a pr holder until you have landed. I would say land and settle before you invite your mum. Her chances are higher with that letter than other means. I have invited my mum and parents in law and everything was smooth.
See if you can land earlier, settle and then invite her or let her come a little bit later.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by cochtrane(m): 3:07pm On Oct 18, 2018
Beeea:

Hello, I live in Edmonton. What would you like to know? You can pm me if you want.
Sent you a mail
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Beeea: 3:16pm On Oct 18, 2018
cochtrane:

Sent you a mail

Replied
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by vascey(m): 4:09pm On Oct 18, 2018
Lalaska:

Complicated issue here. The thing is you are not yet a pr holder until you have landed. I would say land and settle before you invite your mum. Her chances are higher with that letter than other means. I have invited my mum and parents in law and everything was smooth.
See if you can land earlier, settle and then invite her or let her come a little bit later.

How long does one need to be resident in order to invite parents. Do you have a link for the requirements?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by vcole: 4:45pm On Oct 18, 2018
@temmytee1 if your mom meets the requirements for a tourist visa aka trv then she can apply for one on her own. As long as she can show evidence of employment or self-employment or other legitimate source of income, plans for accomodation and can sufficiently cover the cost of her travel, she would be fine. She would fill your name, occupation, date of birth and current place of residence on her family information form as part of her application. There would be no misrepresentation since you have not landed yet and as such you are not a PR yet.
You can find more information on the Canadian Trv thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 18, 2018
Lalaska:

One thing about visa application is that there is no hard and fast rule. I applied for my mum before I landed and her application was approved.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (505)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.