Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant - Travel (418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (1980245 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by modath(f): 6:25pm On Oct 29, 2018
gorm:

Ok seen...
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by reichwolf: 8:16pm On Oct 29, 2018
Please I want to ask a question to you all. Can I buy a mobile SIM card at the airport when I land at Toronto Pearson airport? Someone told me in Canada they don’t sell SIM cards at the airports but I want to confirm wether it’s true.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by sparkle2k3: 8:53pm On Oct 29, 2018
Please how does one pay on the Ethiopian airline site?
Epp pls.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by DadR: 9:48pm On Oct 29, 2018
My Sister, I no kuku runaway. I just dey low key. Trust you good.

Newmum0615:
Runaway soldier.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by terryo1: 11:23pm On Oct 29, 2018
Hello my people,

Thank for ur good works & knowledge shared on this forum.

I just landed in canada less than 2 weeks precisely in newfoundland

I have a masters degree in finance & will like to get a job in the financial services industry here.

So for finance professionals in our midst who moved to Canada, how did you navigate the financial job market. specifically, are there courses or certifications in finance here that could increase my chances of securing a job in this field.

Thank you very much for ur anticipated kind response.

One love.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Lolladey(f): 11:34pm On Oct 29, 2018
modath:

At what rate?

Still valid.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by joo2018: 11:56pm On Oct 29, 2018
Guys, watch this video for an expose on the Canadian experience requirement. Very relevant to us as we hustle and prepare to hustle for jobs.

A bit long and the cameraman didn't focus on the slides, but very useful. Going back to school is not the only way to get the Canadian experience. Dr Lionel Laroche is a French immigrant based in Canada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhA3zeELPzc

20 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Defisto: 12:09am On Oct 30, 2018
Always dreamed of moving to Canada. At least we regularly go there to relatives, but I still want to go there to study and stay there permanently.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Numerouuuno: 2:36am On Oct 30, 2018
sparkle2k3:
Epp pls.

For some reason Sudanese and Nigerian cards isn't being accepted, pick a flight booking, then instead of paying, hold the reservation for 24hrs instead. Within this moment, send an email to their office operating at your selected departure airport to inquire of their account number. visit any bank with the total cost of the ticket, and pay, please don't forget to include your reservation number on the payment slip. When you do this, they'll send you your ticket or be proactive and send the payment slip to the email address that replied you. You'll get it.

PS: I could have helped you get their account numbers and email address to contact, but it's on their website, you'll see it too. GOODLUCK.

14 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by sparkle2k3: 5:51am On Oct 30, 2018
Numerouuuno:

For some reason Sudanese and Nigerian cards isn't being accepted, pick a flight booking, then instead of paying, hold the reservation for 24hrs instead. Within this moment, send an email to their office from your departure airport to inquire of their account number. visit any bank with the total cost of the ticket, and pay, please don't forget to include your reservation number on the payment slip. When you do this, they'll send you your ticket or be proactive and send the payment slip to the email address that replied you. You'll get it.

PS: I could have helped you get their account numbers and email address to contact, but it's on their website, you'll see it too. GOODLUCK.

Thank you very much.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Newmum0615: 7:59am On Oct 30, 2018
The account numbers are actually listed on their site. Just do a transfer and the ticket will be sent to your registered email address. Use the booking ref code in the transfer narration to enable them tie the payment to your booking. Let the OP check their site. You don't need to call the airline at all. At least I didn't.
Numerouuuno:

For some reason Sudanese and Nigerian cards isn't being accepted, pick a flight booking, then instead of paying, hold the reservation for 24hrs instead. Within this moment, send an email to their office from your departure airport to inquire of their account number. visit any bank with the total cost of the ticket, and pay, please don't forget to include your reservation number on the payment slip. When you do this, they'll send you your ticket or be proactive and send the payment slip to the email address that replied you. You'll get it.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Numerouuuno: 8:08am On Oct 30, 2018
Newmum0615:
The account numbers are actually listed on their site. Just do a transfer and the ticket will be sent to your registered email address. Use the booking ref code in the transfer narration to enable them tie the payment to your booking. Let the OP check their site. You don't need to call the airline at all. At least I didn't.

Yeah I knew it was listed there, but I don't want to copy account numbers here and be accused of anything. It's better OP checks it him/herself. I thought it was safer that way.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by rainazoe: 9:35am On Oct 30, 2018
Make your reservation and obtain the code. Then pay online via GTB ticketing service.

sparkle2k3:
Epp pls.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by joo2018: 10:59am On Oct 30, 2018
data analyst, data scientist, data engineer and machine learning engineer job prospects.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4433446/best-paying-entry-level-job-canada/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by sparkle2k3: 12:58pm On Oct 30, 2018
rainazoe:

Make your reservation and obtain the code. Then pay online via GTB ticketing service.

Thank you. Done.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by ibnhasan: 1:42pm On Oct 30, 2018
redocean:

Hello,

If the address you provided has a mail box, your PR card will be dropped in the mail box. That's how I got mine.

[/b]Also, link your PR application to your account so you can be on the alert to receive it once it is approved.[b]

All the best..

Thank you for your response. Please how can I go about this?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Tojued: 2:27pm On Oct 30, 2018
ibnhasan:

Thank you for your response. Please how can I go about this?

Blackbuddy:

Hi, there is no published phone number for the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, NS but you can try the Call Centre 1-888-242-2100 for those who are in Canada. Others outside can try contacting the Call Centre +1 613 944 4000 (for an agent: use options 1,2,1,2,1 ...then 0 to skip the recorded message) from outside Canada.

I don't know if you fall under this category but for those who applied for PR more recently (EE/PNP) you can follow the following steps after landing to know the status of your PR card processing. Do note you only have 5 attempts in one day.

1) Login to CIC account.
2) Go to section "Link an existing application to this account". Click on "Link application to this account" button.
3) Select category as PR Card
4) Select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
5) Fill required details (please make sure of capital, small, comma etc.)
6) Provide landing date in "Date you became a permanent resident"
7) Click on 'search my application'
cool after application searched, make sure you submit application else it not link

Once you have successfully linked your application it will show you as "Submitted" status and once it is ready for dispatch it will go into "Approved" status.

The steps above were copied from a post at canadavisa forum, hope it helps.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by debbydee(f): 5:05pm On Oct 30, 2018
Good day to all the seniors in the house.

I intend relocating with my three children hubby is not coming yet. How possible/feasible will this decision be.

I have five years experience in the IT sector.

kindly assist.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by ottawasenators: 5:09pm On Oct 30, 2018
its very possible.

read page 1 on below thread, then ask them all the questions. (very experienced peeps there)

https://www.nairaland.com/4657743/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/502

debbydee:
Good day to all the seniors in the house.

I intend relocating with my three children hubby is not coming yet. How possible/feasible will this decision be.

I have five years experience in the IT sector.

kindly assist.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by terryo1: 5:40pm On Oct 30, 2018
Please someone should kindly help me with this question. Thanks

terryo1:
Hello my people,

I have a masters degree in finance & will like to get a job in the financial services industry here.

So for finance professionals in our midst who moved to Canada, how did you navigate the financial job market. specifically, are there courses or certifications in finance here that could increase my chances of securing a job in this field.

One love.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by modath(f): 7:09pm On Oct 30, 2018

Anyone in need of Canadian Dollars in CANADA, to bank, to pay rent, or for any sundry needs not exceeding $5k (for now) can message me ..TOTALLY LEGIT funds...(Kindly investigate my antecedent on this platform before making contact)

I'm active on the E currency thread in the business section......

WhatsApp link on Siggy.......

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Blackbuddy: 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2018
reichwolf:
Please I want to ask a question to you all. Can I buy a mobile SIM card at the airport when I land at Toronto Pearson airport? Someone told me in Canada they don’t sell SIM cards at the airports but I want to confirm wether it’s true.

You heard right in the sense that there are no permanent stalls for the telcos to sell their retail products at Pearson Airport however, they occasionally have pop-up shops when they have promos. I saw a koodo pop-up shop in July at Pearson arrivals lounge when I went to pick up visiting relatives. When I was there just last month to pick up friends passing thru to Nova Scotia, the stall was gone smiley So hope for the best when you arrive.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Blackbuddy: 7:13pm On Oct 30, 2018
terryo1:
Hello my people,

One love.

Hi, this question has been answered numerous times by various respondents with very detailed steps on how to navigate the financial services sector as well as other areas. You`ll gain a lot if you backtrack and read backwards, cheers.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Estac: 10:50pm On Oct 30, 2018
Also, you can save at least 10k per ticket if you book through the Ethiopian airways app as opposed to booking via their website wink
rainazoe:

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by einsteino(m): 12:40pm On Oct 31, 2018
vcole:
@einsteino Bienvenue au Canada. Enjoying your stories. Lovely photos.
Thanks alot
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Livy2018: 1:43pm On Oct 31, 2018
Dear Landed Seniors, please is anyone here coming to Nigeria soon from Calgary that can help me bring 1 or 2 law books? Or you know anyone that is coming to Lagos soon that can be of help, please pm me.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Jesuba: 2:09pm On Oct 31, 2018
Jesuba:
Any one looking to stay in Mississauga from 31st Oct to 17 Nov 2018 and needs a temporary accommodation for that period. I have a 3 bedroom, fully furnished house with unlimited internet, and all utilities inclusive for CAD 1800. Interested persons should kindly contact me.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by ibnhasan: 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2018
Tojued:

Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by ibnhasan: 3:05pm On Oct 31, 2018
cochtrane:

Faced the same prob. Your immigrant Visa is only one entry, so you can't reuse it. I asked a Canada Border Services officer and according to him, CBS has no prob letting you back in with your COPR. That however doesn't mean the airline/US officers will accept that. Your PR card is what they'll want to see. So, in summary, you may not be able to regain entry into Canada.

Thanks for your response

***Update***

I made the trip to US and returned to Canada with only my COPR using the Megabus service from Toronto to NYC. The journey took approximately 12 hrs.

On the first leg to the US, we disembarked with our luggages at the US border posts and boarded again after going through US customs.

On the return leg of the trip, the megabus driver asked to see my visa and I showed him my COPR, with which he allowed me to get on the bus. On getting to the Canada border posts, we came down and went through the canada customs/immigration and they allowed me enter after presenting my COPR and other landing documents.

So coming in to Canada without a PR card is possible if you come in through the land border with your COPR document.

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by MummyJT: 3:39pm On Oct 31, 2018
What do you need to know?

labelbybee:
Please i need anyone that claimed points for sibling in Canada and has gotten PPR urgently.

Thanks.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by einsteino(m): 5:37pm On Oct 31, 2018
ibnhasan:

Thanks for your response

***Update***

I made the trip to US and returned to Canada with only my COPR using the Megabus service from Toronto to NYC. The journey took approximately 12 hrs.

On the first leg to the US, we disembarked with our luggages at the US border posts and boarded again after going through US customs.

On the return leg of the trip, the megabus driver asked to see my visa and I showed him my COPR, with which he allowed me to get on the bus. On getting to the Canada border posts, we came down and went through the canada customs/immigration and they allowed me enter after presenting my COPR and other landing documents.

So coming in to Canada without a PR card is possible if you come in through the land border with your COPR document.

Thanks alot. Just what I needed to know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Cherokee(m): 5:49pm On Oct 31, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (505)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.