Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant - Travel (454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (1982065 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Dewys1: 4:14pm On Nov 30, 2018
Please I sent you a pm. I need the contact for the winter jackets. Thanks

softandmoist:

Yes, you will. The prices are fair but the quality may not be as good as the Yaba ones. If you want, I can give you a contact. The jackets and parka we got from Yaba are serving us well.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by joo2018: 4:15pm On Nov 30, 2018
Winter landing loading.........10,9,8,7.................... wink tongue wink
Newmum0615:
Nope. Their account numbers are listed on their website. I did a transfer to one of them and they sent my ticket via my registrated email. It's a simple process.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by enemyofprogress: 5:03pm On Nov 30, 2018
Una don dey use French toast una self for here. It's OK, make una continue.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by cuteguy201: 5:13pm On Nov 30, 2018
Biko, french should not scatter my head jare.
I'm alright. Looking forward to the day I would land smiley
Natalie27:
Hahahahah.... quoi de neuf ?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by DaddyTheFather: 5:58pm On Nov 30, 2018
A little advice wanted from landed seniors that have done this before...

Landed in Airbnb. was hopeful of finding a place asap so only got a week. but I am starting to wonder if my budget is realistic. I chose Toronto because the Mrs and I are both in finance and I also have future plans that sort of make Ontario the only choice for us. We wanted an apartment of any sort except a basement either in Etobicoke, Scarborough, north and east york and Mississauga, but we can't seem to find anything under $1500 that is not a basement (we actually started from a budget of $1300 o, just to show you how much we have pushed our limits on this budget thing)...

Can anyone advise if this amount is reasonable and if I just need to keep searching? Its just frustrating when you see a price on Kijiji and you check the company site and its $1900 instead, or you call the management office and they either don't answer or they tell you the property is not available. I really do not want a basement apartment for my family, so I want to know if my budget is even realistic at all. I would appreciate any input on this or any connections that would help to find a place ASAP. una do well...

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by dkizzy01: 6:05pm On Nov 30, 2018
SENT ME UR DIGIT ON MAIL LET CHAT
lillie26:
Are you with ELB?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Newmum0615: 6:22pm On Nov 30, 2018
I'm still here o. Joining you guys soon. How have you been? Been a while.
linuslynx:
Same thing I did it was very easy and straight forward. I even got the e-ticket earlier than I expected. I thought you've landed already sef.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Newmum0615: 6:23pm On Nov 30, 2018
cry
joo2018:
Winter landing loading.........10,9,8,7.................... wink tongue wink
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by howfar2: 6:43pm On Nov 30, 2018
maternal:

Why didn't you stay in any of those countries ?

With Brexit in the UK no way, I witnessed the recession of 2008/2009 and cant experiment again.
France, not ok for me as per learning French and also a bit of racism over there.
US not for me in terms of growing up of kids.
Nigeria hmmm
Qatar, once your kids are 18 they have to leave the country since they cant be on your residency again

9 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by linuslynx: 7:00pm On Nov 30, 2018
I've been very well though still in naija oh but we must move before elections make COPR no come expire us for hand.

Newmum0615:
I'm still here o. Joining you guys soon. How have you been? Been a while.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by katyamizotta: 7:09pm On Nov 30, 2018
Good evening everyone. Please I need people to talk to me. While I'm excited at a fresh start in Canada and a chance for a better life for my son, my heart is heavy.
I am wondering if Nigeria will ever be sane enough to return to in my lifetime. I am wondering what will become of my children with respect to our ethics, morals, tradition and culture. How do i ensure my children remain "Nigerians"?
Those of you who have stayed in canada for years do you long for your own country?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by salford1: 7:24pm On Nov 30, 2018
katyamizotta:
Good evening everyone. Please I need people to talk to me. While I'm excited at a fresh start in Canada and a chance for a better life for my son, my heart is heavy.
I am wondering if Nigeria will ever be sane enough to return to in my lifetime. I am wondering what will become of my children with respect to our ethics, morals, tradition and culture. How do i ensure my children remain "Nigerians"?
Those of you who have stayed in canada for years do you long for your own country?
I dont think anyone can ever know what will become of your children. One of the demerits of immigration is what you have outlined above. You just have to train them the "Nigerian" way, and pray while you are at it.

Sometimes, it takes a community to raise a child. For this reason, Indians tend to stick together when they migrate. They majorly move into a part of town in a large city e.g NE Calgary areas of Saddletowne and Mcknight. It feels Punjab when you visit or live in that part of town. Living together helps them in preserving their culture to an extent. People do send their kids to Nigeria for boarding school, but that is if you are brave enough.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by softandmoist(f): 7:47pm On Nov 30, 2018
Dewys1:
Please I sent you a pm. I need the contact for the winter jackets. Thanks

0803 479 7290

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Mizwisdom(f): 8:29pm On Nov 30, 2018
katyamizotta:

Silent reader here, I feel your pain. I don't think they'll return (kids) that's why you're migrating to get a better life for them. What you can do is to make Nigerian friends at least they'll learn a few Nigerian ethics through association

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by AZeD1(m): 8:51pm On Nov 30, 2018
katyamizotta:

If Nigerians believed in ethics and morals the country would be better and we wouldn't have to leave the country.

30 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by gook: 9:07pm On Nov 30, 2018
katyamizotta:

You need to teach the child in the way of the Lord wherever you find yourself.2. Pass down those things you mentioned by mentoring to be done by yourself and your spouse..Naija as a country doesn't have those things in good abundance anymore,so why worry??

14 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by salford1: 9:18pm On Nov 30, 2018
AZeD1:

If Nigerians believed in ethics and morals the country would be better and we wouldn't have to leave the country.
This is true. Some parents now celebrate their fraudster pikins.

12 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by misscanada123: 9:57pm On Nov 30, 2018
AZeD1:

True. It's become almost normal to hear of teenagers doing money rituals in Nigeria. Sad but true.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by misscanada123: 9:59pm On Nov 30, 2018
Natalie27:
Salut mademoiselle Canada .. tu es déjà là bas ?

Pas encore.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by eclectic139(f): 10:30pm On Nov 30, 2018
Its good you put the "Nigerian" in quote. Because from what I understand you want your kids to be raised to be good people. Have respect for others irrespective of age, be polite, etc. All these they can learn in a foreign environment with close supervision from you and the grace of God. No too worry. Because we have kids that have been raised in naija and there's a lot to be said for their character.. and those raised abroad that are very disciplined. You can only do as much as you know to keep them on the straight and narrow, and hope that they toe the path you created based on God's direction (this is me assuming you believe in God through any of the religions please forgive my assumption if I'm wrong). More grease to your elbow as you strive to raise them to be wonderful people.

katyamizotta:

16 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by katyamizotta: 12:44am On Dec 01, 2018
Thank you so much everyone. I will do my best and have to trust God that everything will turn out right.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by toboy: 12:51am On Dec 01, 2018
rainazoe:
Ah Ah why are you people tensioning somebody na @cuteguy201 @TheCongo2 @Natalie27. tongue tongue. I go vex go buy french dictionary o and install duolingo.
Do it oo. It can opens doors for you. let me know if you need recommendations cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Daisystar: 7:56am On Dec 01, 2018
Short termed room for rent in Mississauga for December only. Reach out if interested for details. thanks

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by jelmusboy(m): 9:40am On Dec 01, 2018
Alberta people, how easy it is to get a job there, especially healthcare sector. That place looks promising with high minimum wage and low tax
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by jelmusboy(m): 9:48am On Dec 01, 2018
Still moving to Calgary? Seems I will also be moving to Edmonton from Toronto

Guitarlife:

I am planning to book another local flight from Toronto to Calgary.
Its gonna cost me about 400CAD with luggage cost. Cos AirCanada is flying 286CAD AND if you add cost for 2 check in Baggage thats roughly extra NGN100K.

I believe this is better than cancelling and re-scheduling the flight for me. I will just make sure I leave enough time to conclude the landing formality in Toronto airport.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 01, 2018
jelmusboy:
Still moving to Calgary? Seems I will also be moving to Edmonton from Toronto

Yes bro, I booked WestJet using expedia. It cost me roughly ngn80k for a standard flight package.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 01, 2018
Guitarlife:

Yes bro, I booked WestJet using expedia. It cost me roughly ngn80k for a standard flight package (excluding baggage costs).
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Dewys1: 10:57am On Dec 01, 2018
Hello kindly help with such app I can use to provision a Canadian mobile no while in Nigeria. I used an iPhone. Thanks

Akingsqueen:
There is a 3 bedroom townhouse with a basement located in the west end area of Edmonton, Alberta in a decent neighborhood.
The contact number listed is 780-757-3700.

If you are still in Nigeria, you might want to download apps that can give you Canadian numbers so that you can call with that.
You can send some one already in Edmonton to view on your behalf.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by jelmusboy(m): 11:00am On Dec 01, 2018
When are you landing?

[quote author=Guitarlife post=73455664][/quote]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 01, 2018
jelmusboy:
When are you landing?

Feb.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by 1mole1: 12:03pm On Dec 01, 2018
1mole1:
As a lawyer in Nigeria who wants to go into HR in Canada, will I do some bridging courses there or do I have to get a degree there? Are some online courses I can take while in Nigeria to make it faster instead of waiting till I get there?

Please can someone help out? I remember someone once talked about professional exams to take for HRs but I'm not quite sure of the process through I've tried searching the thread for it.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Tojued: 2:33pm On Dec 01, 2018
Dewys1:
Hello kindly help with such app I can use to provision a Canadian mobile no while in Nigeria. I used an iPhone. Thanks

Dingtone

4 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (505)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.