Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,981 members, 7,852,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:49 PM

The Power Of Sorry, Please And Thank You - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Power Of Sorry, Please And Thank You (780 Views)

Ongoing Debate About The Power Of Oba Of Benin As Regards The Dethronement Of Em / Sorry It Wasn't"ayamatanga" But "I Am At Anger!". / The Power Of OBA of Benin And Why He Covers His Mouth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Sorry, Please And Thank You by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 08, 2017
So many times, we neglect the power of these three words, because we don’t know the role they play in our daily lives.

It is a common knowledge that people find it hard to say these very small but powerful words, they ignore the healing it brings as well.

A lot of misunderstandings, fights or even war would have been averted with just a simple ‘sorry!’

Every one of us is guilty of these common mistakes, about saying sorry, please and thank you. It is seen as a very big task and reduces one’s ego when said.

That is a misconception because saying ‘sorry’, ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ really goes to show how learned, mature and well mannered you are.

Even the children are not left out, most children I come across do not say ‘thank you’ when you give them something or pass a compliment across.

The teachers have a role to play because; children get to learn most of these things in their early stage in life.

Children should be taught how to say ‘please’ when requesting for anything from anybody at any time. And also to say ‘sorry’ when they think they are wrong or have done something wrong.

I dislike it when I come across people who find it so hard in their mouth to say a common ‘thank you’

I was shopping in the popular Balogun market one day, when suddenly a middle aged man started shouting at a passerby.

The man just screamed ‘’ idiot can’t you say sorry.’’ The boy he shouted at, instead of saying ‘sorry’, continued walking without saying a word.

The man then charged forward and slapped him hard across the face, the boy who looked not older than seventeen years started crying and insulting him.

There was chaos around the area, while some blamed the younger man, others blamed the older man.

I just shook my head and walked away. I don’t know what the boy could have done to the older man though. But I blamed the younger man, a simple ‘’oh sorry sir’’ would have sufficed.

But because he didn’t know the power it had, it earned him a dirty slap on a hot afternoon sun!

That is the same thing with saying thank you. I remember how I learned to say ‘thank you’ till today.

My father always gave me money every morning for school, sometimes I will forget to say ’thank you’ and the next thing that will happen is, he will take back the money and I will have to go to school empty handed.

It happened more than twice, and I learned my lessons because, I will have to go hungry in school till I come back home.

That was his own idea of teaching me how to say thank you. These words might be small but they work like a miracle.

Some people will see you and say ’’Chichi give me that pen’’. I always tell them the correct way to say it is; ‘’Chichi give me that pen please?’’

It is just a simple courtesy, it averts misunderstanding between two people and shows how well-mannered and cultured you are when you use these three powerful words.

Saying ‘sorry,’ ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ is very important; let’s us not forget the peace and harmony it brings in all areas of our lives and especially in our relationship with one another!

Read more interesting topics @ http://www.chichiuncensored.com

1 Like

Re: The Power Of Sorry, Please And Thank You by TrinityBen: 4:57pm On Feb 08, 2017
a good write up

1 Like

Re: The Power Of Sorry, Please And Thank You by babyfaceafrica: 7:34pm On Feb 08, 2017
Ok

(1) (Reply)

resolve the problem between the 8 northern Nigeria state and Central Nigeria / I Need Someone Who Can Speak And Write Ikwerre Dialect Very Well For An Urgent J / PHOTOS: Is Oluwo of Iwo Case Karma Or Coincidence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.