Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,985 members, 7,814,356 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India (32485 Views)

Pigeon Pea, Sesame Seeds, Cocoa Beans, Habiscus Flower And More / Please I Need Pigeon Pea (cajanus Cajan) In Tons / Sesame Seeds And Pigeon Pea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by Pennywise(m): 9:51pm On Feb 08, 2017
what kind of news is this? I still don't understand it or was it sponsored for some kind of 419 act in a distant land?
Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by Sebastine1994(m): 9:52pm On Feb 08, 2017
This pea is getting very cost in the market now. Even before buhari. These indians who buy cashew also buy it from us. The excess demand drove the price to the roof. In Enugu we dont joke with it. My problem is that the Indians will become self sufficient and start exporting to us soon. How you see am?

1 Like

Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by 9jaloadedfile(m): 9:54pm On Feb 08, 2017
wow good news

Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by Vizzim: 9:56pm On Feb 08, 2017
This is good for our international Market.. Good one
Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by HeavenShield: 9:56pm On Feb 08, 2017
Over Exaggeration..Big Lie, do you know what is $100B, Anyways i could still believe, BUT the figures should be verified..WHAT, $100B Order..
Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by Integrityfarms(m): 10:01pm On Feb 08, 2017
seguno2:

Assuming the story is not FALSE, it is a good thing.
It will promote more investments in the farming and related activities for pigeon peas due to increased income to farmers and entrepreneurs as well as EMPLOYMENT growth plus TAXES to government for electricity, tap water, roads, schools, clinics etc.
Why should anyone complain?

These are mere theoretical postulations and plausibility. That was how the Chinese Yuan swap deal was overblown beyond proportion yet we are not seeing its impacts.

In as much as I dont want to sound pessimistic yet I can't throw away the caution of realism and pragmatism into the air based on verbose statements by an inconsistent administration.

1 Like

Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:01pm On Feb 08, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
so pigeon pea is now our daily bread issorite.
Did you read the news?
Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by shukudi(m): 10:03pm On Feb 08, 2017
Integrityfarms:
Misplaced priorities of this administration and yet we talk of forex depletion.

What will happen to you guys if just $1bn dollars is invested in real farming in this country that it will et down to the small holder farmers which consist over 70% of our farmers?

I am ashamed of this country with the set of leaders we have here.
Nigeria is also greatly ashamed of you. If your parents had invested the money spent on your education into planting of this peas, we will have more peas to export to India. So it is very difficult for you to read and comprehend?

1 Like

Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 08, 2017
jarkbauer:
Only IPOB yoots will believe this.

OP change your name to DUMB Ifeanyi

$100 billion dollar is Nigeria's budget for 5years

I laughed when I read this. There is so much disinformation out there. Posturing, chest beating and dancing without music.
Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 10:07pm On Feb 08, 2017
dumebiifeanyi:

http://politicsngr.com/fg-acquires-100-billion-worth-pigeon-pea-india/
am just watching this country in 3D imagine securing 100 billion worth of pigeon pea from india and wanting to borrow 30 billion loan from china. Abeg make una no vex oh but how much is Nigeria worth?.
Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by azimibraun: 10:09pm On Feb 08, 2017
omenkaLives:
Learn to read beyond titles before commenting.
Sucker Punch! Nikka is hit.
Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by Origin(f): 10:19pm On Feb 08, 2017
Topic and news de contradict. We want to sell the peas to India.

You people should not give me hypertension in this recession.
Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by spafu(m): 10:21pm On Feb 08, 2017
chronique:
Your caption is misleading. India is buying from us. If true, then we can say bye bye to poverty as a nation., $100bn coming into Nigeria over a period of time, would do us a lot of good.
Sorry o. But how much has been coming to this country through crude oil earning? How many poor people did say bye bye to poverty? Why do we like to deceive ourselves?

1 Like

Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by seguno2: 10:22pm On Feb 08, 2017
Integrityfarms:
These are mere theoretical postulations and plausibility. That was how the Chinese Yuan swap deal was overblown beyond proportion yet we are not seeing its impacts.

In as much as I dont want to sound pessimistic yet I can't throw away the caution of realism and pragmatism into the air based on verbose statements by an inconsistent administration.

How can you see the impact of something that never happened or at best was "overblown"?
I already said in my comment that you quoted the story may be FALSE as is usual with Buhari and his party, APC.
Having said that, increased exports and trade is good for everyone. This is not about "theoretical postulations and plausibility". It is about "realism and pragmatism" based on practical knowledge and experience of consistently applied economic policy initiatives.
Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by alizma: 10:26pm On Feb 08, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
so pigeon pea is now our daily bread issorite.
after all your family actually suffered to see you through school, you read through this passage and what you understand is that Nigeria is going to import pigeon pea from India abi? chai! chai!! may your children not waste your money as you are wasting your parents' own.
Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by Integrityfarms(m): 10:26pm On Feb 08, 2017
shukudi:
Nigeria is also greatly ashamed of you. If your parents had invested the money spent on your education into planting of this peas, we will have more peas to export to India. So it is very difficult for you to read and comprehend?

Have a sweet night rest bro. Good night
Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by grandstar(m): 10:34pm On Feb 08, 2017
freeze001:

Don't display symptoms of IPOB induced dementia and dike ukwu please! The story is that India will purchase from Nigeria and pay that sum to Nigeria. Learn to read and don't get hung up on captions only. That smacks of acute intellectual laziness!

Is it possible? This will probably be the largest order in the world for a single commodity.

Thailand which exports more food than all Africa and is called the kitchen of the world earns about $20 billion yearly from all agric exports.

Now Nigeria will earn that much yearly from just one commodity yearly? I have my reservations

2 Likes

Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:40pm On Feb 08, 2017
alizma:
after all your family actually suffered to see you through school, you read through this passage and what you understand is that Nigeria is going to import pigeon pea from India abi? chai! chai!! may your children not waste your money as you are wasting your parents' own.
ur dad just wasted is sperm and produced a pigeon like you.zombie
Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by alizma: 10:42pm On Feb 08, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
ur dad just wasted is sperm and produced a pigeon like you.zombie
your Monica says it all.
Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by freeze001(f): 11:00pm On Feb 08, 2017
My dear, like I said, that's the story. Feasibility or otherwise is a different ball game altogether. I no get power for speculation cos Naija is too 'amazing' for words.

grandstar:

Is it possible? This will probably be the largest order in the world for a single commodity.

Thailand which exports more food than all Africa and is called the kitchen of the world earns about $20 billion yearly from all agric exports.

Now Nigeria will earn that much yearly from just one commodity yearly? I have my reservations
Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by Skmoda360(m): 11:29pm On Feb 08, 2017
kateskitty:
Which one is pigeon pea
ask google now
Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by SUPERPACK: 11:54pm On Feb 08, 2017
kateskitty:
Which one is pigeon pea
fio-fio
Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by Fortissimo502: 11:58pm On Feb 08, 2017
Nairaland is really something. Heading doesn't jive with the story.
Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by Nobody: 12:38am On Feb 09, 2017
Op if you are a student or a job seeker, I assure you beyond reasonably doubt that you will absolutely fail all exams & interviews. This is the kind of annoying misleading tittle that people hate
Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by Jhamzy(m): 12:59am On Feb 09, 2017
Lets try and get it straight! The topic is not misleading, just that we are not use to such construction of words. I almost got confused myself, until I analysed it.

India places the order (which is a form of a documented requisition) for Peagon Pea (the needed item which is more of a open ticket as they must have presented the same to other countries).
But Nigeria at the end secures the order which is as a result of its availability and our compentecy to deliver.
I stand to be corrected though.

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by Nobody: 1:11am On Feb 09, 2017
You misled the general public. Exactly the same kind of thing our journalists do. angry
Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by Rick9(m): 4:52am On Feb 09, 2017
Does nairaland have issues with titles ?
Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by GreatEngineer(m): 6:05am On Feb 09, 2017
The topic is wacky and the story is trash.
APC always looking for story to impress the public with numerous lies.
$100 billion for sale of only cow pea.

Then no need for $30b borrowing proposal and even no need for drilling oil as this can fund our budget.

Confused set of liars.
Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 09, 2017
Integrityfarms:
Misplaced priorities of this administration and yet we talk of forex depletion.

What will happen to you guys if just $1bn dollars is invested in real farming in this country that it will et down to the small holder farmers which consist over 70% of our farmers?

I am ashamed of this country with the set of leaders we have here.
Guy just read and understand the post na, it won't hurt u.
Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 09, 2017
Sebastine1994:
This pea is getting very cost in the market now. Even before buhari. These indians who buy cashew also buy it from us. The excess demand drove the price to the roof. In Enugu we dont joke with it. My problem is that the Indians will become self sufficient and start exporting to us soon. How you see am?
Ya, same thing happened when Malaysia bought our palm kennel.
Re: FG Secures Order For Pigeon Pea From India by Nobody: 7:14am On Feb 09, 2017
GreatEngineer:
The topic is wacky and the story is trash.
APC always looking for story to impress the public with numerous lies.
$100 billion for sale of only cow pea.

Then no need for $30b borrowing proposal and even no need for drilling oil as this can fund our budget.

Confused set of liars.
U just displayed ur ignorance for the world to see. Its very possible, such deal happens over a period of years, is not like they will send Nigeria 100 billion dollars, while we will give the the pea worth that amount. Its a gradual process over a period of time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Processing Of AgroProducts:Your FastLane To Making Millions And Wealth. / My Pineapple Plantation In Our Compound / We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.