Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,507 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Senate Need Not Sit To Approve Buhari’s Vacation Extension – Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Need Not Sit To Approve Buhari’s Vacation Extension – Presidency (665 Views)

Nigerians React To Buhari's Vacation Extension / Buhari Vacation: Tinubu Finally Opens Up On President’s Health Status / Nigerians React To Buhari's Vacation Extension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Need Not Sit To Approve Buhari’s Vacation Extension – Presidency by seunlly(m): 7:50pm On Feb 08, 2017
The Presidency has debunked insinuations by some
Nigerians that the Senate may void President
Mohammadu Buhari’s request for extension of his
vacation period saying the Senate, in fact, need not
sit to approve the letter.
Mr Ita Enang, Special Assistant to the President on
National Assembly Matters, told newsmen in Abuja
that the situation did not need Senators’ debate as no
resolution was required to approve the letter.
According to him, the senate does not need to sit to
validate the letter.
Enang, who is a lawyer and former lawmaker,
described insinuations as “unfounded’’.
Senator Enang
The president had on Jan. 19, sent a letter to the
senate, intimating it of his intention to proceed on a
10-day working vacation from Jan. 23 to Feb. 6.
He also intimated the senate that he would undergo
some routine medical check-up within the period.
However, another letter was transmitted to the senate
at the expiration of the 10-day period earlier
requested, asking for an extension of the period to
enable the president to complete the medical checks.
On Tuesday, the senate acknowledged receipt of the
letter conveying the fresh request for extension but
noted that no time frame was indicated.
Enang said that what was important was for the
senate to be informed of the president’s intention.
“It doesn’t require a `yes’ or a `no’; it is to inform it.
“What is important is that there is a communication
with the senate.
“Once the communication is received by the senate
and the House of Representatives, through their
respective presiding officers, that settles it,’’ the
presidential aide said.
On non-specification of time frame needed by the
president, he said “this question will not be answered
until the senate sits.
“But, I want us to look at the Constitution because
the Constitution says what should be done is
notification.’’
He also said that no vacuum was created by the
president’s absence as the Vice President was already
piloting the affairs of the country in acting capacity.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/02/senate-need-not-sit-approve-buharis-vacation-extension-presidency/
Re: Senate Need Not Sit To Approve Buhari’s Vacation Extension – Presidency by hucienda: 7:51pm On Feb 08, 2017
Drama continua.
Re: Senate Need Not Sit To Approve Buhari’s Vacation Extension – Presidency by NLSniper(m): 7:54pm On Feb 08, 2017
Please quote the section of the 1999 Constitution or the Senate Standing Order.
Re: Senate Need Not Sit To Approve Buhari’s Vacation Extension – Presidency by ozoigbondu: 7:54pm On Feb 08, 2017
Yar adua 2.0 loading............. 45%

1 Like

Re: Senate Need Not Sit To Approve Buhari’s Vacation Extension – Presidency by lytech1(m): 7:56pm On Feb 08, 2017
Re: Senate Need Not Sit To Approve Buhari’s Vacation Extension – Presidency by Ohammadike: 7:59pm On Feb 08, 2017
There is something fundamentally wrong with this govt. Last time bubu was asked to produce his ordinary certificate instead he hired 20 SANS now produce the old man alive they are sending different messengers with different messages

Nobody asked ita whether bubu needs senate approval we simply want to know whether the dullard is dead or alive

Useless govt
Re: Senate Need Not Sit To Approve Buhari’s Vacation Extension – Presidency by lytech1(m): 8:03pm On Feb 08, 2017
My brother and sister: They truth is,Buhari is dead.....

These cabals are just looking for ways of fustrating osinbajo to resign or bend him to dance to their tune.

The truth will be reveal soon.
Re: Senate Need Not Sit To Approve Buhari’s Vacation Extension – Presidency by Sinkills: 8:54pm On Feb 08, 2017
I don't think the president is dead. I believe he is seriously sick, incapacitated or needs some rest. I really do not want him to die. I want him to come back alive as a private citizen. I seriously pray that a man or woman who will sincerely fight corruption and other ills of this country without partiality or favouritism succeeds him. I think his government is too divisive. I may be wrong but I also think that politics, sentiments and self-interest is taking precedence over real governance and the country is suffering for it.
Re: Senate Need Not Sit To Approve Buhari’s Vacation Extension – Presidency by Oildichotomy(m): 9:03pm On Feb 08, 2017
All these hullabaloo and back and Forth rebuttals will stop if two things happen.
Death or Speak to Nigerians

I don't know why it is so hard for Bubu to take the easiest option.

I tire for this country!

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Terrorist Attack Air Force Helicopter / S’africans Destroy Nigerian Businesses In New Xenophobic Attack / Onnoghen's Wikipedia Profile Already Updated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.