Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Pls My Sick Mum Needs Urgent Help.. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls My Sick Mum Needs Urgent Help.. (1340 Views)

“my Sick Wife Denied Me Staying With Her. I Look After Her Business” – Man / How Do I Tell Hubby I Want My Sick Brother To Come To Lagos / Man Batters Wife; Says ‘dragging My Sick Mum On The Ground Is An Insult’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls My Sick Mum Needs Urgent Help.. by qreem231(m): 11:28pm On Feb 08, 2017
Hello Nairalanders, pls I want to use this medium to solicit for your financial assistance... MY mum(single mum with 3 kids) has been down health wise for the past 3 months. she has been on self medication and I noticed she has this frequent cough. I just got to know earlier this wen she was advised to go for check up after the cough increased.. we got to know that she has tuberculosis and its almost at the chronic stage. we were referred to another hospital and on getting there she was given some mild treatment which has no effect then we were told to make a deposits of 163k before full treatment starts.. as d first child, between me n mum we were able to raise 82k. pls I av a deadline for the tuberculosis not to get to the chronic stage which isn't good for an elderly woman..pls I will appreciate any help that comes from anyone reading this.. pls this isn't a scam, its a matter of life and death. I wish I didn't av to do this but I av no choice as time is fast ticking by and I have no one. pls help me save my mother, she is all I have.. Thank u and God bless u!
PS : 08059717686 is my number.
ishilove
Seun
mynd44
lalasticlala.
Re: Pls My Sick Mum Needs Urgent Help.. by eyinjuege: 12:39am On Feb 09, 2017
Go to a government hospital.
Tuberculosis treatment is free there. She will have access to free drugs for whstever the duration of the treatment is, at least 6months.
Which part of the country are you?

11 Likes

Re: Pls My Sick Mum Needs Urgent Help.. by qreem231(m): 7:10am On Feb 09, 2017
eyinjuege:
Tuberculosis treatment is free there. She will have access to free drugs for whstever the duration of the treatment is, at least 6months.
eyinjuege:
eyinjuege:
Ogun state
Re: Pls My Sick Mum Needs Urgent Help.. by enoqueen: 10:08am On Feb 09, 2017
Tuberculosis treatment is freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

As in zero naira. WTF!!!

5 Likes

Re: Pls My Sick Mum Needs Urgent Help.. by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 09, 2017
eyinjuege:

Truth be told. Government hospital is not completely free.
Registering and applying for bed there is certainly not free. Have taken a sick one there before. There is always no space. But the treatment is cheap and certainly not free.
Then whether tuberculosis drugs and treatment is free? I really doubt it.. Maybe the basic immunization treatment for tuberculosis is free? Yes but not the main treatment and diagnosis
Ordinary mosquito they sell how. Much more free treatment for an adult getting to a chronic stage in tuberculosis?
If some peeps want to help the op, make some more findings about him and where the mum is? And she should be taken to government hospital. The total cost there should be cheaper than private hospital, then Before giving him or the hospital a dime.

That's my two cents.
Re: Pls My Sick Mum Needs Urgent Help.. by eyinjuege: 11:35am On Feb 09, 2017
qreem231:
Ogun state
Have you tried the teaching hospital there? Request for all your blood test results, and especially the Xrays and ask to be referred to the teaching hospital there for a second opinion.
If it were in Lagos, I would have asked you to go to some specific general hospitals that do TB management.

1 Like

Re: Pls My Sick Mum Needs Urgent Help.. by eyinjuege: 11:42am On Feb 09, 2017
alexialin:

Truth be told. Government hospital is not completely free.
Registering and applying for bed there is certainly not free. Have taken a sick one there before. There is always no space. But the treatment is cheap and certainly not free.
Then whether tuberculosis drugs and treatment is free? I really doubt it.. Maybe the basic immunization treatment for tuberculosis is free? Yes but not the main treatment and diagnosis
Ordinary mosquito they sell how. Much more free treatment for an adult getting to a chronic stage in tuberculosis?
If some peeps want to help the op, make some more findings about him and where the mum is? And she should be taken to government hospital. The total cost there should be cheaper than private hospital, then Before giving him or the hospital a dime.

That's my two cents.

The main treatment for TB is free. Its a govt initiative thats been ongoing for decades.

He never said the mother requires admission.

Most TB patients are functioning normally, and spreading the disease.
Its until it gets really bad that they start to manifest. Investigating TB in govt hospitals shouldn't cost more than 10K. Op should be able to raise that without resorting to online help.

HIV treatment is equally free in govt hospitals.

If you didn't know this before, now you know.

3 Likes

Re: Pls My Sick Mum Needs Urgent Help.. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 09, 2017
eyinjuege:

The main treatment for TB is free. Its a govt initiative thats been ongoing for decades.

Its until it gets really bad that they start to manifest. Investigating TB in govt hospitals shouldn't cost more than 10K. Op should be able to raise that without resorting to online help.

bless u as alwayz mam.
Re: Pls My Sick Mum Needs Urgent Help.. by mirabeljenny: 4:48pm On Feb 09, 2017
He has suddenly disappeared like they all do
Re: Pls My Sick Mum Needs Urgent Help.. by qreem231(m): 8:46pm On Feb 09, 2017
eyinjuege:

Have you tried the teaching hospital there? Request for all your blood test results, and especially the Xrays and ask to be referred to the teaching hospital there for a second opinion.
If it were in Lagos, I would have asked you to go to some specific general hospitals that do TB management.
it doesn't matter, im at sango and its quite close to Lagos, i wouldn't mind pls. thanks!!
Re: Pls My Sick Mum Needs Urgent Help.. by qreem231(m): 8:47pm On Feb 09, 2017
mirabeljenny:
He has suddenly disappeared like they all do
madam, I dont have a browsing fone so I'm always using someone's fone at night
Re: Pls My Sick Mum Needs Urgent Help.. by qreem231(m): 8:50pm On Feb 09, 2017
eyinjuege:

she's going to be on admission for at least 3 months
Re: Pls My Sick Mum Needs Urgent Help.. by eyinjuege: 10:21pm On Feb 09, 2017
qreem231:

it doesn't matter, im at sango and its quite close to Lagos, i wouldn't mind pls. thanks!!

Go to IDH- infectious Disease Hospital,Yaba, Lagos.

When do you want to go there?

Make sure you hold your chest xray film, and the radiology report.
Let me know when you want to go there
Re: Pls My Sick Mum Needs Urgent Help.. by Eketem: 6:02am On Feb 10, 2017
Who is charging you for Tuberculosis treatment. Name and address of the hospital please.

EVERYTHING IS FREE, HOSPITAL FEES BED DRUGS EVERYTHING IS FREE, we even in Drug Resistant Tuberculosis cases give patients money for food and even when they return home we support them till they complete their full treatment.

Either the hospital is not a real hospital or you are lying. Even private hospitals will refer you to treatment centers where it is free they won't want to run the risk of infecting other patients.

Call 08002255282 toll-free if you are not just trying to scam nairalandlers. You will be directed to the closest treatment center and everything is free

2 Likes

Re: Pls My Sick Mum Needs Urgent Help.. by Eketem: 6:03am On Feb 10, 2017
qreem231:

she's going to be on admission for at least 3 months

It is FREE NOT A SINGLE KOBO FOR ANYTHING

2 Likes

Re: Pls My Sick Mum Needs Urgent Help.. by Eketem: 6:05am On Feb 10, 2017
eyinjuege:

Not one kobo, it is free everything tests and treatment is free

2 Likes

Re: Pls My Sick Mum Needs Urgent Help.. by qreem231(m): 2:16pm On Feb 11, 2017
really wanna appreciate everyone 4 their comment, my mum has been admitted at sacred heart hospital in Abeokuta, thonits not entirely free but relatively very cheap....... eyinjuege, God bless u 4 me, if u wouldn't mind, pls pm me ur number.

(1) (Reply)

Get Lovely Gift Items For Her This Valentine / Please I Need Your Sincere Answer. / Is There A Way Out Of This Mess?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.