Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Read What A One-time Foreign Entrepreneur Said About Nigerians. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Read What A One-time Foreign Entrepreneur Said About Nigerians. (1436 Views)

Fani-kayode Blasts New York Times Over Trump's "Comment" About Nigerians / What A Yoruba Christian Said About Nnamdi Kanu Now And Got 1000 likes (Pictures) / 20 Things You Should Know About Nigerians: The Last One Would Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read What A One-time Foreign Entrepreneur Said About Nigerians. by belovedsamex(m): 11:01am On Feb 09, 2017
Good morning all. Here's an interesting one from a former Foreign Negerian Entrepreneur said about Nigeria and its leaders and peoples. I think he has a big point.
John Zibiri wrote:

I worked and lived in Abuja for 18 years. I ran my own private company from 2001 until 2014.
Two million of the likes of Buhari cannot change Nigeria.
Everything is wrong with Nigeria. The Director won't give you contract except you pay up front .
The banks won't give you loan except you concede a certain percentage. .
The man supervising the contract won't pass the job except you play ball. The clerk won't pass your file for payment except you rob his palm.
The accounts department won't raise your payment voucher or cheque unless you see them. I can go on and on.

The worst thing is that it has become a norm that nobody sees anything wrong with these. If you think otherwise, they begin to think you are sick and not normal. If you try to stand in there way, you put your life at risk. If you get killed there is no justice system in place to seek redress and bring the perpetrators to book.
The police is corrupt , the Judiciary is the same. Even the religious circle is not spared. Everything in Nigeria revolves around corruption. Nobody cares about nobody. No law and order. I looked from my left to right, everybody is only desperate about one thing "money".
They will kill anybody and anything that stand between them and money. I am an electrical engineer with MNSE and COREN.
The system doesn't care about my qualifications. Distribution and transmission jobs are given to alhajis, pastors, friends and relatives without any basic skills. I started asking myself, how do I convince my kids that education and hard work are rewarding? When fools, agberos and touts are running the country from the local govt to the Presidency.
Is this what my four sons will also go through? In 2014 I decided I have had enough. I decided I was leaving. I migrated to Australia with my family. Don't put yourself in harms way for any reason. The problem of Nigeria is in the hands of Nigerians living in Nigeria.
Try starting a gate house in your village, everybody wants to profiteer from it. The bricklayer, the carpenter, the mason and even your brother who claim to be supervising on your behalf.
They are corrupt, morally bankrupt and selfish. Everybody there thinks about himself and nobody is thinking about Nigeria .
You don't have to be the one to go there to change anything. Let those under the hammer start the revolution.

This post is gonna anger a lot of my followers. I'm still gonna post it anyway.

Analogy of OPPRESSORS & FOOLISH CITIZENS. (A case study of Nigeria citizens & their elected oppressors).

During the Soviet dictatorship of Joseph Stalin. He was a brutal dictator with mind of his own. On one fateful day, Stalin came to Politburo meeting with a live chicken. Standing in front of audience, He started to pluck the feathers of the live chicken off one by one.
The chicken trembled in pain, blood tricking out of its pores. It gave out grievous cries, but Stalin being a cruel dictator continued without remorse plucking the feathers out until the chicken was completely naked.
After which, he threw the chicken on the ground. The naked chicken was staggering in pain. Stalin goes into his pocket and from his pockets, he took out some chicken food and started to throw it at the poor & hapless creature.
The poor chicken in pain started eating and Stalin started walking towards his seat. As he walked away, he kept dropping some feeds on the floor & the chicken followed him and sat feeding from his feet.
Joseph Stalin then turned to members of his political party leadership. He said, "This chicken represents the people".
"You must disempower them, brutalise them, beat them up, starve them and then leave them".
"If you do this, go into your pocket & give them peanuts when they are in that helpless and desperate situation, they will blindly follow you for the rest of their life, worshiping you".
"They will think you are a hero forever. They will forget that, you're responsible for their sorrowful situation in the first place."
Breath taking, isn't it ?

Now! Take a look at all the people some Nigerians are busy defending on social media.
Take a look at those they call their heroes. They are the same people who plunged Nigeria into the situation she is. They are the same people who are responsible for their predicaments.
Did you see the numbers of people that throng to Saraki's house during this Christmas period to go collect peanuts? Your guess is as good as mine.
Nigerians kill those they should defend and defend those they should kill!""

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Read What A One-time Foreign Entrepreneur Said About Nigerians. by Nobody: 11:49am On Feb 09, 2017
True
Re: Read What A One-time Foreign Entrepreneur Said About Nigerians. by Yujin(m): 11:54am On Feb 09, 2017
After 21 views, none has managed to comment. What does it tell you? Any hope for this Nigeria? NO! They succeeded in alienating the SE & SS youths from having any patriotism for Nigeria through exclusion. The northern youths especially the Hausa-Fulanis can never rise against their leaders who happen to be the most corrupt owing to illiteracy and cultural stratification. The SW youths though educated can barely organise themselves to protest without one of their corrupt elites being a sponsor thereby derailing the essence of such protest. Tell me then how a revolution is possible in Nigeria. As far as I'm concerned, a revolution is NOT possible in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Read What A One-time Foreign Entrepreneur Said About Nigerians. by koladebrainiac(m): 11:57am On Feb 09, 2017
James Ibori
Re: Read What A One-time Foreign Entrepreneur Said About Nigerians. by ETTY2008(f): 12:03pm On Feb 09, 2017
Truly true and amazing how Nigerians have gotten so used to the idea that a government will come create a heaven for us on earth. Everything is just wrong........
Let the change begin from being compassionate for our children yet unborn.

belovedsamex:
Good morning all. Here's an interesting one from a former Foreign Negerian Entrepreneur said about Nigeria and its leaders and peoples. I think he has a big point.
John Zibiri wrote:

I worked and lived in Abuja for 18 years. I ran my own private company from 2001 until 2014.
Two million of the likes of Buhari cannot change Nigeria.
Everything is wrong with Nigeria. The Director won't give you contract except you pay up front .
The banks won't give you loan except you concede a certain percentage. .
The man supervising the contract won't pass the job except you play ball. The clerk won't pass your file for payment except you rob his palm.
The accounts department won't raise your payment voucher or cheque unless you see them. I can go on and on.

The worst thing is that it has become a norm that nobody sees anything wrong with these. If you think otherwise, they begin to think you are sick and not normal. If you try to stand in there way, you put your life at risk. If you get killed there is no justice system in place to seek redress and bring the perpetrators to book.
The police is corrupt , the Judiciary is the same. Even the religious circle is not spared. Everything in Nigeria revolves around corruption. Nobody cares about nobody. No law and order. I looked from my left to right, everybody is only desperate about one thing "money".
They will kill anybody and anything that stand between them and money. I am an electrical engineer with MNSE and COREN.
The system doesn't care about my qualifications. Distribution and transmission jobs are given to alhajis, pastors, friends and relatives without any basic skills. I started asking myself, how do I convince my kids that education and hard work are rewarding? When fools, agberos and touts are running the country from the local govt to the Presidency.
Is this what my four sons will also go through? In 2014 I decided I have had enough. I decided I was leaving. I migrated to Australia with my family. Don't put yourself in harms way for any reason. The problem of Nigeria is in the hands of Nigerians living in Nigeria.
Try starting a gate house in your village, everybody wants to profiteer from it. The bricklayer, the carpenter, the mason and even your brother who claim to be supervising on your behalf.
They are corrupt, morally bankrupt and selfish. Everybody there thinks about himself and nobody is thinking about Nigeria .
You don't have to be the one to go there to change anything. Let those under the hammer start the revolution.

This post is gonna anger a lot of my followers. I'm still gonna post it anyway.

Analogy of OPPRESSORS & FOOLISH CITIZENS. (A case study of Nigeria citizens & their elected oppressors).

During the Soviet dictatorship of Joseph Stalin. He was a brutal dictator with mind of his own. On one fateful day, Stalin came to Politburo meeting with a live chicken. Standing in front of audience, He started to pluck the feathers of the live chicken off one by one.
The chicken trembled in pain, blood tricking out of its pores. It gave out grievous cries, but Stalin being a cruel dictator continued without remorse plucking the feathers out until the chicken was completely naked.
After which, he threw the chicken on the ground. The naked chicken was staggering in pain. Stalin goes into his pocket and from his pockets, he took out some chicken food and started to throw it at the poor & hapless creature.
The poor chicken in pain started eating and Stalin started walking towards his seat. As he walked away, he kept dropping some feeds on the floor & the chicken followed him and sat feeding from his feet.
Joseph Stalin then turned to members of his political party leadership. He said, "This chicken represents the people".
"You must disempower them, brutalise them, beat them up, starve them and then leave them".
"If you do this, go into your pocket & give them peanuts when they are in that helpless and desperate situation, they will blindly follow you for the rest of their life, worshiping you".
"They will think you are a hero forever. They will forget that, you're responsible for their sorrowful situation in the first place."
Breath taking, isn't it ?

Now! Take a look at all the people some Nigerians are busy defending on social media.
Take a look at those they call their heroes. They are the same people who plunged Nigeria into the situation she is. They are the same people who are responsible for their predicaments.
Did you see the numbers of people that throng to Saraki's house during this Christmas period to go collect peanuts? Your guess is as good as mine.
Nigerians kill those they should defend and defend those they should kill!""

1 Like

Re: Read What A One-time Foreign Entrepreneur Said About Nigerians. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 09, 2017
just to think of it, millions of $ are allocated to the power sector every year yet there is no electricity

even Zimbabwe that had been in recession for many years enjoys an interrupted power supply

what a useless nation !!

1 Like

Re: Read What A One-time Foreign Entrepreneur Said About Nigerians. by Blue3k(m): 2:31pm On Feb 09, 2017
Curruption bred by mineral resources, lack of transparency and culture. It's almost part if the character of population. The only way to solve it I'd get government out of the economy i.m.o.

1 Like

Re: Read What A One-time Foreign Entrepreneur Said About Nigerians. by belovedsamex(m): 8:54pm On Feb 09, 2017
In my own opinion...and following from what I got from this message...If Nigeria must be free from it's economic woes (The consequent of the various political, social and religious misdemeanors to mention but a few), we Nigerians MUST learn to point the accusing finger in the right direction...towards "us" and NOT the "GOVERNMENT".

The truth is, the GOVERNMENT is a figure head in nigeria. No leadership has ever emerged in nigeria without various economic disabilities...right from the first republic till date...none has ever made a difference. We only recount a better yesterday because the government of today is worse than yesterday's.
That tells you that the term Government does not change tins. It only assumes the nature of the people who make it up.

So how do u salvage the situation?...by salvaging the people that have the potential to go there. Who are these people? Nigerians.

You see, I say to myself that our society deserves what it's getting from the leadership of its people. This is because the fruits of leadership is the fruits of the seeds the society has sown in the lives of its inhabitants.

Checkout Nairaland for example...when you make a post based on ur personal opinion...there you see the kind of people this virturial world harbors. You see our youths, presidents-to-be, Governors, ministers, would-be leaders of governmental and non-governmental organizations, spewing insults on one another just because someone didn't opine what they "think" is right. Constructively redress the subject matter, they won't. They would rather defame the image of a "poster" or "a comenter" in order to drive home their points.

That's exactly what's happening in the real world. Yes. Rather than putting things in place to handle the problem of the country, the current leadership begins to put blames and defame the reputation of the previous leadership. Isn't dat what is happening today? And mind you, it didn't start with PMB's regime, it's been the norm among nigerian political elites.
So just as you see it breeding among many youths on this nairaland, do not be surprise in 5 to 10 years time when you become lambasted by the government of our society for saying what they didn't like...it started at home...from home to nairaland...and from nairaland to the helms of leadership.

3 Likes

Re: Read What A One-time Foreign Entrepreneur Said About Nigerians. by leofab(f): 9:29pm On Feb 09, 2017
Na wah ohh
Re: Read What A One-time Foreign Entrepreneur Said About Nigerians. by 7lives: 10:12pm On Feb 09, 2017
What this man is saying is a tip of an iceberg, if only the greedy ones among us knows that they are actually destroying themselves.

1 Like

Re: Read What A One-time Foreign Entrepreneur Said About Nigerians. by Imoy(m): 11:08pm On Feb 09, 2017
This is an impressive post. I think lalasticlala need to move it to fp
Re: Read What A One-time Foreign Entrepreneur Said About Nigerians. by Bevista: 11:57pm On Feb 09, 2017
belovedsamex:
In my own opinion...and following from what I got from this message...If Nigeria must be free from it's economic woes (The consequent of the various political, social and religious misdemeanors to mention but a few), we Nigerians MUST learn to point the accusing finger in the right direction...towards "us" and NOT the "GOVERNMENT".

The truth is, the GOVERNMENT is a figure head in nigeria. No leadership has ever emerged in nigeria without various economic disabilities...right from the first republic till date...none has ever made a difference. We only recount a better yesterday because the government of today is worse than yesterday's.
That tells you that the term Government does not change tins. It only assumes the nature of the people who make it up.

So how do u salvage the situation?...by salvaging the people that have the potential to go there. Who are these people? Nigerians.

You see, I say to myself that our society deserves what it's getting from the leadership of its people. This is because the fruits of leadership is the fruits of the seeds the society has sown in the lives of its inhabitants.

Checkout Nairaland for example...when you make a post based on ur personal opinion...there you see the kind of people this virturial world harbors. You see our youths, presidents-to-be, Governors, ministers, would-be leaders of governmental and non-governmental organizations, spewing insults on one another just because someone didn't opine what they "think" is right. Constructively redress the subject matter, they won't. They would rather defame the image of a "poster" or "a comenter" in order to drive home their points.

That's exactly what's happening in the real world. Yes. Rather than putting things in place to handle the problem of the country, the current leadership begins to put blames and defame the reputation of the previous leadership. Isn't dat what is happening today? And mind you, it didn't start with PMB's regime, it's been the norm among nigerian political elites.
So just as you see it breeding among many youths on this nairaland, do not be surprise in 5 to 10 years time when you become lambasted by the government of our society for saying what they didn't like...it started at home...from home to nairaland...and from nairaland to the helms of leadership.
Couldn't agree more.

Most folks erroneously believe that the problem of Nigeria is the leaders. Unfortunately, this is not the case. The problem lies in the heart of society itself. Leaders are merely products of society. A corrupt society births corrupt leaders. Even if this generation of leaders were to mysteriously all die off, you can be rest assured that the next generation of leaders won't be any better. Just take a look at your SUG leaders or youth leaders and then ask yourself if these generation will anyway be better.
---
Until there is a broadbased reorientation of society, this country will continue in a vicious cycle of perpetual failure. A society that rolls out its drums to celebrate a man who stole them dry is beyond salvage. The country is simply pathetic!

3 Likes

Re: Read What A One-time Foreign Entrepreneur Said About Nigerians. by booblacain(m): 12:21am On Feb 10, 2017
koladebrainiac:
James Ibori
Tinubu aka Jagaban.
Re: Read What A One-time Foreign Entrepreneur Said About Nigerians. by cedar3: 1:23am On Feb 10, 2017
OP, u just stated my mind. Never knew people of like minds still abound online. What u typed here readily brings to mind an episode in my school (unizik) sometime back. We had an annual lecture, Ziks lecture to be precise and many dignitaries were invited to talk. When I arrived d auditorium, I was surprised to see so many women colorfully dressed, youths playing traditional music instruments and everywhere with an air of festivity. Equally surprising was d fact dat many were carry about a banner bearing Atiku's picture. As time went on, many of those women began to fall asleep all around d venue, pointing to d fact dat they were not there for d lecture.It wasn't long before my fears were confirmed. A loud siren started sounding from afar. Immediately, like a spell has been cast off them, them women snapped out of their slumber, many tieing and retieing their wrapper. D scene reminded me of d parable of d ten virgins. D youths too started playing their drums louder than before. Not long after, a long convoy arrived and out stepped d centre of attraction; Atiku. D women began contesting amongst themselves who will out-dance d other. D whole place became rowdy. Even students were jostling about just to get a snapshot of him. He kept waving at everybody till he entered d hall. Throughout d occasion, dis man never gave even a simple speech but it didn't matter. Other dignitaries from outside d country were there early enough while he came late but no one cared. All dat mattered was d money he would share to them later on.. But it never occurred to my gullible people dat dis was their money that was stolen and now is being shared to them. D few I tried talking to looked at me as though I fell from Mars. My annoyance was that even undergraduates couldn't share my view. Dat to show dat our salvation as a people is still very far. I can't keep up with dis nonsense for too long since no change is in sight. Am considering shifting base to a saner clime after graduation.
Re: Read What A One-time Foreign Entrepreneur Said About Nigerians. by belovedsamex(m): 8:12am On Feb 10, 2017
Bevista:
Couldn't agree more.

Most folks erroneously believe that the problem of Nigeria is the leaders. Unfortunately, this is not the case. The problem lies in the heart of society itself. Leaders are merely products of society. A corrupt society births corrupt leaders. Even if this generation of leaders were to mysteriously all die off, you can be rest assured that the next generation of leaders won't be any better. Just take a look at your SUG leaders or youth leaders and then ask yourself if these generation will anyway be better.
---
Until there is a broadbased reorientation of society, this country will continue in a vicious cycle of perpetual failure. A society that rolls out its drums to celebrate a man who stole them dry is beyond salvage. The country is simply pathetic!

Just exactly!

The change begins with US!
Re: Read What A One-time Foreign Entrepreneur Said About Nigerians. by belovedsamex(m): 8:38am On Feb 10, 2017
cedar3:
OP, u just stated my mind. Never knew people of like minds still abound online. What u typed here readily brings to mind an episode in my school (unizik) sometime back. We had an annual lecture, Ziks lecture to be precise and many dignitaries were invited to talk. When I arrived d auditorium, I was surprised to see so many women colorfully dressed, youths playing traditional music instruments and everywhere with an air of festivity. Equally surprising was d fact dat many were carry about a banner bearing Atiku's picture. As time went on, many of those women began to fall asleep all around d venue, pointing to d fact dat they were not there for d lecture.It wasn't long before my fears were confirmed. A loud siren started sounding from afar. Immediately, like a spell has been cast off them, them women snapped out of their slumber, many tieing and retieing their wrapper. D scene reminded me of d parable of d ten virgins. D youths too started playing their drums louder than before. Not long after, a long convoy arrived and out stepped d centre of attraction; Atiku. D women began contesting amongst themselves who will out-dance d other. D whole place became rowdy. Even students were jostling about just to get a snapshot of him. He kept waving at everybody till he entered d hall. Throughout d occasion, dis man never gave even a simple speech but it didn't matter. Other dignitaries from outside d country were there early enough while he came late but no one cared. All dat mattered was d money he would share to them later on.. But it never occurred to my gullible people dat dis was their money that was stolen and now is being shared to them. D few I tried talking to looked at me as though I fell from Mars. My annoyance was that even undergraduates couldn't share my view. Dat to show dat our salvation as a people is still very far. I can't keep up with dis nonsense for too long since no change is in sight. Am considering shifting base to a saner clime after graduation.

Lol...

If we all leave the country like this...who will fix it?
If we fail to put out this thorn from our flesh today, it would brood sores on the flesh of our children tomorrow.
Just look at how it all happened over the years...our parents and grandparents contracted dis disease. They failed to deal with it at the early days of post-colonial era. Today, it has escalated to what we re seeing today. If we leave it undone, what will be the experience of our children tomorrow?

This is why I appreciate many young people across the nation who have set up youth initiatives and foundations to tackle this intellectual and psychological menace. The best way we can achieve something is to team up with these people in our micro-societies and orientate d younger generation around us. Teach them that character is of much value than fame, that skills is much enriching than the pursuit of material possession. T.L Osborn said "Work on being, not on having. With what you are you will have." The search for fame and recognition has eaten deep into our youths. See what they've become on the social media around us. The sad thing is: our younger ones are learner. And believe me, they re smarter than us...they ll do even worse...if we keep shining the light on the wrong things for them. But if we make a paradigm shift from the way we socialize, it will salvage their future.

1 Like

Re: Read What A One-time Foreign Entrepreneur Said About Nigerians. by cedar3: 9:26am On Feb 10, 2017
belovedsamex:

Lol...

If we all leave the country like this...who will fix it?
If we fail to put out this thorn from our flesh today, it would brood sores on the flesh of our children tomorrow.
Just look at how it all happened over the years...our parents and grandparents contracted dis disease. They failed to deal with it at the early days of post-colonial era. Today, it has escalated to what we re seeing today. If we leave it undone, what will be the experience of our children tomorrow?

This is why I appreciate many young people across the nation who have set up youth initiatives and foundations to tackle this intellectual and psychological menace. The best way we can achieve something is to team up with these people in our micro-societies and orientate d younger generation around us. Teach them that character is of much value than fame, that skills is much enriching than the pursuit of material possession. T.L Osborn said "Work on being, not on having. With what you are you will have." The search for fame and recognition has eaten deep into our youths. See what they've become on the social media around us. The sad thing is: our younger ones are learner. And believe me, they re smarter than us...they ll do even worse...if we keep shining the light on the wrong things for them. But if we make a paradigm shift from the way we socialize, it will salvage their future.
Ur view is shared bro, but what happens when the targeted audience spurns ur efforts? Any time I get d opportunity, I try telling my fellow youths dat principles and virtues are what will change things in dis country but no, they would have none of it. You hear things like, "who dis country epp? When it's my turn, I will also take my share of d national cake." Try telling them dat exam malpractice isn't d way and they will shush u down. Graduates and undergraduates litter d environment after eating. During SUG elections, all they are concerned with will be, "which state is he from?, what can he 'offer' us?" No one believes in hardwork or merit anymore. It's just so so depressing. So where do we start from?
Re: Read What A One-time Foreign Entrepreneur Said About Nigerians. by belovedsamex(m): 12:32pm On Feb 10, 2017
cedar3:

Ur view is shared bro, but what happens when the targeted audience spurns ur efforts? Any time I get d opportunity, I try telling my fellow youths dat principles and virtues are what will change things in dis country but no, they would have none of it. You hear things like, "who dis country epp? When it's my turn, I will also take my share of d national cake." Try telling them dat exam malpractice isn't d way and they will shush u down. Graduates and undergraduates litter d environment after eating. During SUG elections, all they are concerned with will be, "which state is he from?, what can he 'offer' us?" No one believes in hardwork or merit anymore. It's just so so depressing. So where do we start from?

Yes...this is true. That's what obtains from most youths around.

But you agree that we cannot leave them in ignorance while evil is eating deeply into our society. I believe there are also many other youths like you and I who share similar views and are willing to give a listening ear to whoever cares to correct or educate. Patiently identify these people. They are your true audience. As an agent of change, not everyone is ur audience, and not everyone of ur audience will immediately give u an ear. The latter will want to see who else is following...and seriously some will dare to follow if u can find them and commune with them. And as for the former, you need not burg ursf wth them. You can take a cue from the "Great men" in our days: the likes of Bishop Oyedepo, Pastor Kumuyi, Pastor Adeboye etc, although they are well-recognized, but not everyone listens to them. Should they quit because of those who refused to listen? Hell no! Rather they identified their audience and move on with them...while ignoring those who do not want to listen to them. Somehow someday, someone would reach these ones.
So ignore those who would not listen, find and identify with your audience, and then influence them with your thoughts.

Another way that's effective in reaching the adamant is by setting a standard for them. Become the person they admire. Do things that they find intriguing. Achieve goals that they find difficult to achieve. When you find yourself in their midst, be the best in whatever you do together. If not for all the things, at least for one thing. Strengthen your hands on it and be a master in it. When you become the pivot for all to take a cue from in that niche, these ones will bow to you. They'll do anything you say. It has worked for me many times during my school days.

I admire your courage bro...you may just be the person that these people need to change.

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Afonja Who Put Buhari And 2 Other african Presidents Into Power: Forbes / Sheriff Will Be Looking Stupid When All SS/SE PDP Office Holder Join Mega Party / Buhari Returns Tomorrow- Presidency.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.