Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,322 members, 7,829,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai (14502 Views)

"We Didn't Vote For Killings" - Tambuwal To Buhari / Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? / Ortom: How Can Miyetti Allah Take Responsibility For Killings And Are Free? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by stephanie11: 1:10pm On Feb 09, 2017
Kaduna governor explodes over southern Kaduna killings

Governor of Kaduna state, Nasir El-rufai has lashed out at Nigerians for blaming him for the Southern Kaduna killings.

El-rufai, who was interviewed on Channel's ''Sunrise Daily'' on Thursday, stated that Nigerians have resolved to blaming him for the attacks despite his numerous efforts to quell the tensions in the affected areas of the state.

Speaking on the crisis, El-rufai revealed that some traditional rulers in the state are to blame for the unrest, adding that they were sabotaging his efforts to bring peace.

He chided the media for negatively framing reports on his monetary compensation of the Fulani Herdsmen. He added that the killings had started right from the time of his predecessor, Governor Yakowa, claiming that his government was the only government searching for a lasting solution to the problem.

In his words;

Southern Kaduna communities were attacked under Yakowa and my predecessor but I am the one trying to solve it.I am being accused for paying to kill. I am the one doing everything to stop the killings and I am the one being attacked. What I did was compensate to stop the killings and one newspaper decided to twist it.Someone paid youths, and asked them to kill.

He further stated;

In March 2016, the Kafanchan Peace Declaration was signed and in May, another crisis broke.The conflict entrepreneurs who have been benefiting from conflicts decided they had to derail the peace process.

The governor also revealed the steps taken to quell the situation. He said;

We are focusing on 3 major steps to end the crisis. The first is ensuring adequate security in Southern Kaduna.The second step is prosecuting those responsible for the crisis and the third is the Peace Building Process.We are working closely with the traditional rulers, but some of them are the problem.

http://politicsngr.com/sotuhern-kaduna-traditional-rulers-blame-killings-el-rufai/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by owobokiri(m): 1:11pm On Feb 09, 2017
Hellrufai..

33 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by Agadinho(m): 1:15pm On Feb 09, 2017
This short is typically doing nothing at all in kaduna state, if the dullard could be fast in sending troops to small gambia, then this southern kaduna issue is a small stuff..
I still don't know why the army is playing "tom & jerry" with all this.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by thesicilian: 1:17pm On Feb 09, 2017
Now they're beginning to confess

4 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by ojun50(m): 1:22pm On Feb 09, 2017
D gods are nt to be blame

5 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by NOC1(m): 1:30pm On Feb 09, 2017
Agadinho:
This short is typically doing nothing at all in kaduna state, if the dullard could be fast in sending troops to small gambia, then this southern kaduna issue is a small stuff..
I still don't know why the army is playing "tom & jerry" with all this.

Do you live in Kaduna, Have you been to Kaduna before?

if we must tell ourselves the truth southern Kaduna crisis never started in his regime, but that should not stop us from shouting on him. If we continue to shout it will keep him uncomfortable and he will do everything possible to arrest the situation.

when it comes to working he is far more better than many governors.

brother please attack the topic of the day.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by Agadinho(m): 1:35pm On Feb 09, 2017
NOC1:

Do you live in Kaduna, Have you been to Kaduna before?

if we must tell ourselves the truth southern Kaduna crisis never started in his regime, but that should not stop us from shouting on him. If we continue to shout it will keep him uncomfortable and he will do everything possible to arrest the situation.

when it comes to working he is far more better than many governors.

brother please attack the topic of the day.

Yes, I live in kaduna, I was born in kaduna, working in kaduna and still living in kaduna.
I know kaduna very well, and yes, it didn't start from this government, but still, this government can still do something to end it before it gets to the next government.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by Tbillz(m): 1:39pm On Feb 09, 2017
Was it the traditional rulers U paid to stopped the killings The truth is coming Up!!! Over to the action pastor, when you are back from white house please come n reply him again

6 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by NameChecker: 1:39pm On Feb 09, 2017
ok
Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by first001: 1:40pm On Feb 09, 2017
What is this one saying, who is the governor of the state

9 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by madridguy(m): 1:40pm On Feb 09, 2017
I C.
Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 09, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Iranu

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by Mrdecent(m): 1:42pm On Feb 09, 2017
and the blame game begins...

7 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by Chiedu4Trump: 1:42pm On Feb 09, 2017
This man and lies.
There is NO truth in APC

6 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by JideAmuGiaka: 1:42pm On Feb 09, 2017
Interesting
Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by dragonking2: 1:42pm On Feb 09, 2017
This useless midget keeps blaming everyone except himself...You paid the fulani herdsmen, go and arrest them now. angry angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by Funjosh(m): 1:43pm On Feb 09, 2017
And the blaming game continues tongue

3 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by frisky2good(m): 1:43pm On Feb 09, 2017
Begins or continues

Mrdecent:
and the blame game begins...

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by okezed: 1:43pm On Feb 09, 2017
As chief security of the state, arrest them then. APC and blame game , mtwww.

3 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by sniperr007(m): 1:43pm On Feb 09, 2017
The question is why was his responds to calm d situation slow since he knows the traditional rulers causing d problem.
He shud take d blame cos his in charge of d security of lives & property in the state.

3 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by Thisis2raw(m): 1:44pm On Feb 09, 2017
The blame game still continues

2 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by kolado(m): 1:44pm On Feb 09, 2017
Blame game

2 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by BabaCommander: 1:45pm On Feb 09, 2017
El Rufia is an arrogant and over ambitious rogue .

7 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by WILLYBABS(m): 1:46pm On Feb 09, 2017
BabaCommander:
Elisha Rufia is an arrogant and over ambitious rogue .
And also the most ridiculous creature on earth. Do I have a witness in the house?

7 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by Mrdecent(m): 1:46pm On Feb 09, 2017
frisky2good:
Begins or continues

from his own ends thou

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 09, 2017
ppl blame u 4not taking action

#u are useless to Kaduna ppl mr Govnor.

2 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by Mutuwa(m): 1:47pm On Feb 09, 2017
Agadinho:

Yes, I live in kaduna, I was born in kaduna, working in kaduna and still living in kaduna.
I know kaduna very well, and yes, it didn't start from this government, but still, this government can still do something to end it before it gets to the next government.

Correct.

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 09, 2017
F

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ward To Ward Campaign For Tinubu & Other APC Candidates In Nasarawa LG, Kano / Senate Suspends Grazing And Ranches Bills’ Passage / Business Activities Return To Baga Town Following Boko Haram Defeat(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.