Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Police Brutality And Life After (#ENDSARSNOW) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Brutality And Life After (#ENDSARSNOW) (785 Views)

Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria / Angry Neighbors Invade Woman's House Over Housemaid Brutality. Photos / How To Report Any Form Of Police Brutality In Nigeria (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Brutality And Life After (#ENDSARSNOW) by Wasky101: 3:57pm On Feb 09, 2017
Sometimes in October 2015, I was a victim of extreme police brutality along a very lonely and deserted road. Till date it remains the most traumatic experience I have had.After the incident I reported to the right quarters and I got all the policemen involved locked up for 2 weeks. I felt so good with myself as the policemen kept calling me from the cell asking me to pls forgive them and help secure their release.
The problem here now is that ever since the incident, I have been traumatized and can't find any help on what to do. Every time I approach a police point I break a sweat, my heart skips a beat and I am always very terrified.
There doesn't seem to be an end to the problem no matter how hard I try to fix it.
Useful suggestions would be appreciated.
The SARS Drama
Was coming from Lagos to ilorin. Almost getting into ilorin I ran into the daredevils, they pulled me over. My only offence was that I was driving a very nice car(wasn't even my car, it was my moms car) checked the papers and started saying all this game boys u go register car for your mama name abi, your mama nah thief, we go lock u and your mama up and all sorts. All of a sudden he started beating me saying I should confess to been a game boy,( I didn't even know what that meant at the time) gave me uncountable slaps, when I refused to accept he put a cutlass to my neck, teargas canister to my nose and pointed his gun at me uncountable times. Fast forward after about 2hrs of torture they gave me my phone and wallet that was earlier seized but not with the money I had in it. Very traumatic experience. I wanted to hide it first cos I felt belittled but thank God I spoke up and I got my pound of flesh
Seun
Lalasticlala
Re: Police Brutality And Life After (#ENDSARSNOW) by onward4life(m): 4:01pm On Feb 09, 2017
Wasky101:
Sometimes in October 2015, I was a victim of extreme police brutality along a very lonely and deserted road. Till date it remains the most traumatic experience I have had.After the incident I reported to the right quarters and I got all the policemen involved locked up for 2 weeks. I felt so good with myself as the policemen kept calling me from the cell asking me to pls forgive them and help secure their release.
The problem here now is that ever since the incident, I have been traumatized and can't find any help on what to do. Every time I approach a police point I break a sweat, my heart skips a beat and I am always very terrified.
There doesn't seem to be an end to the problem no matter how hard I try to fix it.
Useful suggestions would be appreciated.

Dee Bam (be Strong) **
Re: Police Brutality And Life After (#ENDSARSNOW) by Wasky101: 5:34pm On Feb 09, 2017
onward4life:

Dee Bam (be Strong) **
I have been trying to stay strong consciously and unconsciously. But the fear just creeps in
Re: Police Brutality And Life After (#ENDSARSNOW) by onward4life(m): 6:05pm On Feb 09, 2017
Wasky101:

I have been trying to stay strong consciously and unconsciously. But the fear just creeps in

Yu need more of outdoor activities.

Like football can make yu run away from your worries and sti make home before supper.
Basketball makes yu jump pass all your worries and no need for parachute.
Table tennis make yu slap any spiritual face without mercy but good point.
Snooker makes yu grab life by the balls.

Nigger yu lost the phite but yu won the War!! **mind set**tins

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality And Life After (#ENDSARSNOW) by Wasky101: 12:29pm On Dec 05, 2017
My SARS story 2015. We must all join hands to fight this monster. #shareyoursarsstory
Re: Police Brutality And Life After (#ENDSARSNOW) by Wasky101: 12:43pm On Dec 05, 2017
#shareyoursarsstory

(1) (Reply)

See Delta Base Lesbian That Are Posting They Romantic Photos On Social Media / Secondary School Students Attempt To Rape Girls Of Neighbouring School In Lagos / 3 Nigerians Scammers Sentenced To 235 Years Imprisonment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.