Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,403 members, 7,812,185 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? (15825 Views)

I Urgently Want To Travel To Cyprus This Year, How Possible? Suggestions Please / Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? / My Trip To Kenya In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 4:01pm On Feb 09, 2017
To my fellow nairaland members on dis forum, who have vast knowledge on traveling. someone is inviting me to kenya, and I want to know if it is possible I can go by road from nigeria to kenya. Hope to see replies.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? by PapiDShipCapt(m): 4:24pm On Feb 09, 2017
EMEKUSBOY9:
To my fellow nairaland members on dis forum, who have vast knowledge on traveling. someone is inviting me to kenya, and I want to know if it is possible I can go by road from nigeria to kenya. Hope to see replies.
how exhausted would you feel when you travel by road from Lagos to Borno state within Nigeria?
Nigeria to Kenya via road? even the most skillful n experienced drivers won't attempt it.
Re: Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 09, 2017
The war torn countries you'd have to pass through! !! -

Cameroon
Zaire
Burundi

shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 7:42pm On Feb 09, 2017
Oboy I don already give up self. Lol no need

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? by Hbuyosh(m): 7:58pm On Feb 09, 2017
Well, it's very possible. Trouble is the bad roads and insecurity esp in central parts of Africa. The time it'd take to finish the journey would run into several weeks. It'd in fact be more expensive than flying!
Is it realy worth it, OP?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? by Hbuyosh(m): 8:01pm On Feb 09, 2017
Re: Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? by Hbuyosh(m): 8:04pm On Feb 09, 2017
Muafrika2:
The war torn countries you'd have to pass through! !! -

Cameroon
Zaire
Burundi
shocked
Cameroon is very safe, but Nigér, the DRC, CAR, Burundi, perhaps he'd hav to go thru SSudan...what is he even thinking?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? by Sassyp(m): 8:34pm On Feb 09, 2017
Seems u dont have anything to do with ur time.from NIGERiA to KENYa...funny guy
EMEKUSBOY9:
Oboy I don already give up self. Lol no need

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 09, 2017
Hbuyosh:
Cameroon is very safe, but Nigér, the DRC, CAR, Burundi, perhaps he'd hav to go thru SSudan...what is he even thinking?
Am reminded of the ill fated cameroonian football team some few years back.
Re: Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? by Hbuyosh(m): 9:54pm On Feb 09, 2017
Muafrika2:

Am reminded of the ill fated cameroonian football team some few years back.
But the OP's idea isnt insane at all, if only there was stability in the region and good roads and railways were available.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 10:33pm On Feb 09, 2017
@Muafrika2. True talk bro

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? by Nobody: 3:50am On Feb 10, 2017
Hbuyosh:
But the OP's idea isnt insane at all, if only there was stability in the region and good roads and railways were available.
You have a point. Its generally difficult to travel around the continent.
Re: Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? by MtuMsuper: 5:00pm On Feb 10, 2017
Muafrika2:

You have a point. Its generally difficult to travel around the continent.
The longest and generally speaking safest long haul in Africa is Addis Ababa to Cape Town, all others are a death trap.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? by MtuMsuper: 5:01pm On Feb 10, 2017
EMEKUSBOY9:
Just fly.
Re: Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? by MtuMsuper: 5:10pm On Feb 10, 2017
Hbuyosh:
Crazy as it sounds, in 1995 or thereabouts, i met a young Nigerian student who told me his dad made a trip by road from Harare Zimbabwe to his hometown in SE Nigeria. He travelled via Zambia, Congo DR, Congo Rep, Gabon Cameroon. He swore by it and i had no reason to doubt him. In Peugeot 505!!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 10, 2017
MtuMsuper:

The longest and generally speaking safest long haul in Africa is Addis Ababa to Cape Town, all others are a death trap.
That explains alot.

There was this time I found myself at Easy Coach. They were announcing destinations that I suspected were as far as the DR Congo,
Re: Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? by MtuMsuper: 5:41pm On Feb 10, 2017
Muafrika2:

That explains alot.

There was this time I found myself at Easy Coach. They were announcing destinations that I suspected were as far as the DR Congo,
Really? like where exactly.
Btw i have travelled from Nairobi to Harare and onwards to Gaborone via road in private vehicle . In Africa, traveling north south easier than west to east.
Re: Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 10, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Really? like where exactly.
Btw i have travelled from Nairobi to Harare and onwards to Gaborone via road in private vehicle . In Africa, traveling north south easier than west to east.

Can't recall the destinations, but they were far beyond. All leaving very early before daybreak.

That was a great idea. But you must have had to rest alot and make long stops in every country! I can imagine the exhaustion.
Re: Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? by MtuMsuper: 6:02pm On Feb 10, 2017
Muafrika2:

Can't recall the destinations, but they were far beyond. All leaving very early before daybreak.

That was a great idea. But you must have had to rest alot and make long stops in every country! I can imagine the exhaustion.

Hiyo ya Easy Coach, you need to tell me the full storo. Yaani they go to doctor Congo??!!
Travelling to Southern Africa is generally a breeze and straight forward. There's no problems travelling from Nairobi to Dar. Or from Dar to Lusaka. Lusaka to Harare, then Harare to Joburg. Plenty of bus companies on all those routes.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 10, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Hiyo ya Easy Coach, you need to tell me the full storo. Yaani they go to doctor Congo??!!
Travelling to Southern Africa is generally a breeze and straight forward. There's no problems travelling from Nairobi to Dar. Or from Dar to Lusaka. Lusaka to Harare, then Harare to Joburg. Plenty of bus companies on all those routes.
He he grin Itabidi ni confirm hiyo story ya Congo. Lakini even trailers carry transit goods to the place from Kenya very regularly,

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? by doubleportion: 8:27am On Feb 11, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Do not agree cool
Travelling within west African countries is safe
Re: Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? by MtuMsuper: 9:29am On Feb 11, 2017
doubleportion:

Do not agree cool
Travelling within west African countries is safe
Traversing Addis to Cape Town is much longer than a similar traverse of say, Dakar to Lagos. consult your map. One would go from Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana /Zimbabwe, South Africa pretty much hitch free. I have done the Nairobi to Joburg route 4 times by road/rail.I know what am talking about.
Re: Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? by doubleportion: 11:53am On Feb 11, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Traversing Addis to Cape Town is much longer than a similar traverse of say, Dakar to Lagos. consult your map. One would go from Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana /Zimbabwe, South Africa pretty much hitch free. I have done the Nairobi to Joburg route 4 times by road/rail.I know what am talking about.
You got it wrong, go back to your original post that I quoted, you made mentioned of your acclaimed route being the only safest and how other routes are death traps. That is what I disagreed with.
Re: Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? by Preciousp1990: 3:22pm On Jul 20, 2021
EMEKUSBOY9:

Am following

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? by BlackSan: 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2021
Hbuyosh:
Well, it's very possible. Trouble is the bad roads and insecurity esp in central parts of Africa. The time it'd take to finish the journey would run into several weeks. It'd in fact be more expensive than flying!
Is it realy worth it, OP?

You just stated why it's possible and still saying it's possible.
Re: Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 9:29pm On Jul 20, 2021
Preciousp1990:

Am following

@preciousp1990.....

If you want to read my adventure journey just follow me on my popular thread that i created when i went to "ivory coast " that has thousands of views and comments still counting and active grin

I wanted to move to Kenya but later went to ivory coast grin

Click on my profile u will see it written has " My sweet ivory coast memories " grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Cities In Nigeria By Population / 5 Things You Shouldn’t Forget Before Traveling / What's The Seats Layout In An Airline?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.