Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,772 members, 7,827,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Beware Of This House Agent - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Beware Of This House Agent (1243 Views)

Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? / 'This House Is Not For Sale': Are They Really Not For Sale? / What's Your Last Experience With A House Agent In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of This House Agent by justice2017: 9:43pm On Feb 09, 2017
Fellow Nigerians ,

I am not out to destroy anyone' business but i am here to warn us about this so-called estate agent. His name is Richard and he operates around Okota/ago-palace/isolo.

Please if you are looking for accommodation around this axis please avoid him and his syndicate like virus. He rolls with some guys at Century Bus stop at Ago palace way.

I met him via OLX and of course you know how they are always after money, after i had paid some amount, i had reasons not to go on with the deal and demanded a refund. Himself and his cohorts disappeared ( they thought they really can disappear). I am posting this to warn other people from falling into this trap with this greedy, wicked and unprofessional guys.

Re: Beware Of This House Agent by twinskenny(m): 9:52pm On Feb 09, 2017
front page?
Re: Beware Of This House Agent by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 09, 2017
Sometimes when you pay agents, they hand over the money to the landlord who give them a commission.

It might then take some time for you to collect your money back, if you decide not to rent the apartment anymore. Why? Because the landlords and the tenant might have put the money to other uses.

It is not always about fraud. If they aren't fraudsters, you will get your full payment when another person rents the apartment.
Re: Beware Of This House Agent by justice2017: 10:25pm On Feb 09, 2017
They said they are not paying back a dime, my saving grace is that i was yet to pay the main rent before i indicated my decision not to go ahead anymore. These guys wont let my phone rest all weekend, very unprofessional set of people. I think govt needs to regulate this sector and save Nigerians from quacks and greedy people. I just dont want anyone else falling into their pits
coolesmile:
Sometimes when you pay agents, they hand over the money to the landlord who give them a commission.

It might then take some time for you to collect your money back, if you decide not to rent the apartment anymore. Why? Because the landlords and the tenant might have put the money to other uses.

It is not always about fraud. If they aren't fraudsters, you will get your full payment when another person rents the apartment.
Re: Beware Of This House Agent by jeftalene(m): 10:37pm On Feb 09, 2017
Ooooops! Failure of due diligence. More caution next time

(1) (Reply)

Land For Sale:Bricks & Bars Phase 2,3mins drive after La campagne Tropicana / Primed 675sqm & 1397sqm Residential Plots @ VGC Lagos / A Suite (shop) For Sale At Ikota Shopping Complex VGC, Lagos State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.