Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,200 members, 7,953,741 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:18 AM

How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" (2396 Views)

'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / Exposing This Evil Religion Called Islam - Confession Of A Muslim / Which Religion Was Practised During The Pre-islamic Period In The Arab Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by 9jii(m): 1:10pm On Dec 05, 2009
How blind are some pple to called islam a man made religion?if u blieve in the creator of d universe the true God, u heard about his rvltion(massages) through prophets who happen to be men to the rest of d people.so if u can't see the God through the teaching of prophet Muhammed (S.A.W)islam u need knowled or shut up an go to hell.
i can c d lamitation of knowledge of many tryn to talk islam.too much ignrnce block ur mind n eyes to understand n see.
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by Krayola(m): 1:44pm On Dec 05, 2009
haha.

I think questioning the sincerity of Mohammed is kinda like questioning the sincerity of Paul. An overwhelming majority of scholars don't. . .and it raises a lot of difficult issues which they accept and try to resolve. It's easy to stand here 2000 years later and call them frauds, but If u study the lives of these 2 inidividuals, especially after their ministries started, and understand just how miserable, perilous, and just straight up suicidal what they were trying to do was at the time they were doing it, you will most likely just have to concede that these guys were sincere in what they believed. Very very few (i'd say none, but that's suicide in a debate  grin ) people will put their lives thru such risk and persecution for something they didn't strongly believe in.
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by jagunlabi(m): 2:34pm On Dec 05, 2009
How blind?As blind as an eagle.
Islam is a man-made religion, just like all other religions.
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by Krayola(m): 2:36pm On Dec 05, 2009
How does one "make" a religion?

Say "God" were to "make" a religion, how would he do it?
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by jagunlabi(m): 2:51pm On Dec 05, 2009
Krayola:

How?You create ideologies and myths to support your own personal fantasy/opinion of the ceator, and make sure that they are to your own advantage.It is a very creative endeavour, and it can be fun too.You can dress your god and religion any way you see fit.It is like creating a fictional story around a superhero.Comic book artists/storytellers do it all the time.
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by Krayola(m): 3:09pm On Dec 05, 2009
jagunlabi:

It is a very creative endeavour, and it can be fun too.You can dress your god and religion any way you see fit.It is like creating a fictional story around a superhero.Comic book artists/storytellers do it all the time.

grin grin

jagunlabi:

How?You create ideologies and myths to support your own personal fantasy/opinion of the ceator.

So u're pretty much saying someone, or a bunch of people,, sit in a room, make up some stuff, and come out and say "God said so"? Or u don't really think it's that simple?

I'm asking because while I agree with the core of what I think u are trying to say, I think the way this idea is usually presented distorts the reality of it and makes it all look like some kinda organized effort to "con" the masses. Though u haven't said that on this thread, but I have read, and in some cases, even made posts that suggest that.
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by Tudor6(f): 3:28pm On Dec 05, 2009
Of course its an organised effort to con the masses!

Man created the gods to explain away all strange happenings in his environment before long figured this "powerful being" capable of such magical things should be able influence life in my favour.

Fear of "bad luck from the gods" began to be exploited by leaders who passed laws in the name of the gods or even sometimes declared themselves gods.

Do you really think moses parted the red sea or heard the voice of God on mount sainai?
Why would anyone make up such stories if not to deceive?
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by jagunlabi(m): 3:36pm On Dec 05, 2009
Krayola:

So u're pretty much saying someone, or a bunch of people,, sit in a room, make up some stuff, and come out and say "God said so"? Or u don't really think it's that simple?
While it might not be that simple, it could easily be that simple if the people creating these religions know how the human psyche works and how it can be manipulated.Trumped up religions are perfect for that job.

Krayola:

I'm asking because while I agree with the core of what I think u are trying to say, I think the way this idea is usually presented distorts the reality of it and makes it all look like some kinda organized effort to "con" the masses. Though u haven't said that on this thread, but I have read, and in some cases, even made posts that suggest that.
But it is, often times.Religions that are grounded on taking man's spiritual growth up are always very easy to recognize, even in this day and age.
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by noetic15(m): 3:42pm On Dec 05, 2009
@OP

u are so right. why would anyone in their right senses believe that islam is a man-made religion. cos man-made things have a lot more credibility than islam.

islam is an unsuccessful plagiarism of xtinaity and an unfortunate elevation of an arabian idol called allah by an uninformed and blood thirsty paedophile illiterate known as mohammed.
islam is an unfortunate and ill done fraud. . .rational men would have taken time out to plan such a fraud.
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by Krayola(m): 6:01pm On Dec 05, 2009
Tudór:

Of course its an organised effort to con the masses!

How so? Can u give me an example please?

Tudór:

Man created the gods to explain away all strange happenings in his environment before long figured this "powerful being" capable of such magical things should be able influence life in my favour.

For example? Please give me an example of a god that was created just for the purpose of explaining something away.

From what I know dreams had something to do with the belief in the supernatural. It wasn't just some guy making stuff up to explain away things. it was people trying to reconcile unconscious "thoughts" (dreams) with reality, and from there the idea that everything was animated with spirit developed, and from there these ideas develop and keep evolving. For the most part they are sincere, honest attempts at explaining reality, based on the data available to them at the time. Man did not create gods out of nothing. . . .they had evidence pointing to the possibility of a reality different from what they experienced in regular states of consciousness. People would see dead relatives in dreams and wake up scared shitless. . . from there they would think it was someone trying to communicate with them from yonder. . . .bla bla bla,  people actually believed this stuff. It wasn't a conspiracy. It was just how people viewed the world back them.

Tudór:

Fear of "bad luck from the gods" began to be exploited by leaders who passed laws in the name of the gods or even sometimes declared themselves gods.

These things aren't black and white like that, And I think one of the problems is that when it is presented like this, people cant take it seriously. These people are products of their societies. Some are born into royalty and grow up believing they are descendants of gods. They really did believe that stuff. IT WASN'T, for the most part, SOME GUYS SITTING IN ROOMS TRYING TO DECEIVE PEOPLE!!!

YOu need to remember that this idea of perfect gods that do no wrong is a product of our own time. Back then gods had very human attributes. . .jealousy, lust, envy, greed etc. . .so that a king was not perfect in morality or virtue did nothing to diminish his "god' credentials.

Tudór:

Do you really think moses parted the red sea or heard the voice of God on mount sainai?
Why would anyone make up such stories if not to deceive?

Those stories were not intended to be taken literally. God parting the red sea just means God will take care of his own so that his will will be done regardless. Not saying I subscribe to these ideas, I'm just saying the traditions out of which they emerge don't take these things literally. It is the fundamentalist christian tradition that has severed itself from it's roots that mostly propagate all these fantastic stories as factual, and then run into problems trying to rationalize them.
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by Tudor6(f): 7:29pm On Dec 05, 2009
Krayola:

For example? Please give me an example of a god that was created just for the purpose of explaining something away.

From what I know dreams had something to do with the belief in the supernatural. It wasn't just some guy making stuff up to explain away things. it was people trying to reconcile unconscious "thoughts" (dreams) with reality, and from there the idea that everything was animated with spirit developed, and from there these ideas develop and keep evolving. For the most part they are sincere, honest attempts at explaining reality, based on the data available to them at the time. Man did not create gods out of nothing. . . .they had evidence pointing to the possibility of a reality different from what they experienced in regular states of consciousness. People would see dead relatives in dreams and wake up scared shitless. . . from there they would think it was someone trying to communicate with them from yonder. . . .bla bla bla,  people actually believed this stuff. It wasn't a conspiracy. It was just how people viewed the world back them.

Doesn't all these constitute "explaining away all you don't understand"? Isn't it the purpose of the gods, anything strange and unusual is the gods.

[b]These things aren't black and white like that, And I think one of the problems is that when it is presented like this, people cant take it seriously. These people are products of their societies. Some are born into royalty and grow up believing they are descendants of gods. They really did believe that stuff. IT WASN'T, for the most part, SOME GUYS SITTING IN ROOMS TRYING TO DECEIVE PEOPLE!!!

The so-called myth of their generational godship started at a point in time, right?

who started it and why if not to deceive, stamp your authority and induce fear in both the people and enemies.
YOu need to remember that this idea of perfect gods that do no wrong is a product of our own time. Back then gods had very human attributes. . .jealousy, lust, envy, greed etc. . .so that a king was not perfect in morality or virtue did nothing to diminish his "god' credentials.

Is it a coincidence that the wishes of the "gods" usually coincided with the wishes and wants of the leaders?

What are you gonna tell me now, "oh that king/religious leader honestly thought it was the wish of God for him to take the wife of a subject of his". . . .indeed!

Those stories were not intended to be taken literally.
God parting the red sea just means God will take care of his own so that his will will be done regardless. Not saying I subscribe to these ideas, I'm just saying the traditions out of which they emerge don't take these things literally. It is the fundamentalist christian tradition that has severed itself from it's roots that mostly propagate all these fantastic stories as factual, and then run into problems trying to rationalize them.
Yea, tell that to the christian and jewish scientists who're pillaging through the Red sea bed looking for evidence to support the red sea crossing Or the explorers who say they've found mount. sainai.
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by Abuzola11(m): 7:43pm On Dec 05, 2009
Allah is great. Islam the religion of peace
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by SeanT21(f): 7:45pm On Dec 05, 2009
Krayola:

Say "God" were to "make" a religion, how would he do it?

Scientology anyone.
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by Abuzola11(m): 7:50pm On Dec 05, 2009
Hmmm
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by Krayola(m): 8:01pm On Dec 05, 2009
@Tudor,  U are not giving me anything to work with here,  I asked for examples and u are just saying the same stuff u say on every thread.  We live in the 21st century,  In those days there was no science,  That was how the world was believed to work. U have to learn to appreciate that. U can keep yelling that it was a con job but to me that makes little to no sense. These ideas evolve over millenia and are not invented by an individual or a group of individuals.

If u want to go around claiming all religions are con jobs, give us one example so we can dig into it and see how valid the charges are. . . The rest na stores
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by Abuzola11(m): 8:05pm On Dec 05, 2009
Allah is my God and ur God
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by No2Atheism(m): 8:34pm On Dec 05, 2009
Abuzola  1:

Allah is my God and your God

No . . . he is not.

Allah can be your God cus you choose and want[b] it[/b] to be .

However he is not the same Creator in the Bible . . . no be by force grin grin

KEEP YOUR ALLAH TO YOURSELF.
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by Abuzola11(m): 8:35pm On Dec 05, 2009
You are so deluded, remain gullible
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by No2Atheism(m): 8:44pm On Dec 05, 2009
Abuzola 1:

You are so deluded, remain gullible

Keep your Moon God . . . aka Allah to yourself . . .

Bible believers do not want it . . .we prefer the True Creator of Heaven and Earth, the I AM that I AM.

The one who said the battle is His own fight . . .

THE CREATOR AS PRESENTED IN THE BIBLE IS NOT ALLAH AND NEVER WOULD BE ALLAH.

Q.E.D
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by Tudor6(f): 8:48pm On Dec 05, 2009
Krayola:

@Tudor,  U are not giving me anything to work with here,  I asked for examples and u are just saying the same stuff u say on every thread.  We live in the 21st century,  In those days there was no science,  That was how the world was believed to work. U have to learn to appreciate that. U can keep yelling that it was a con job but to me that makes little to no sense. These ideas evolve over millenia and are not invented by an individual or a group of individuals.

If u want to go around claiming all religions are con jobs, give us one example so we can dig into it and see how valid the charges are. . . The rest na stores 
Like I said in my first post here, man created the gods to explain away the ill understood realities of life. And like you said, these ideas evolve over millenia.

The question is, what drives this evolution and change. Among many other things is the element of deceit. There are thousands if not millions of different religions on this planet and its typical to human nature to selfishly move the gods so to speak to your side of the fence. This is mostly easy when the religious authority is centralised, A change for whatever reason on the leader's views or motives leads to a whole 'noda level.

In times past political leaders have tried to control the religions, ever wondered why? Yea, its because once they are in then they control god. And for sure, many have succeeded.

You can lie to people but never to yourself. Knowing you need land and resources and therefore telling the people it is gods commandment they go kill for it. Not unless you're a psycho you'd know deep within it came from you and not some god. That is deceit.

Belief in dieties might have begun as an innocent attempt to explain the world, but there's no doubt it most got hijacked along the way.
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by Tudor6(f): 8:49pm On Dec 05, 2009
Krayola:

Like I said in my first post here, man created the gods to explain away the ill understood realities of life. And like you said, these ideas evolve over millenia.

The question is, what drives this evolution and change. Among many other things is the element of deceit. There are thousands if not millions of different religions on this planet and its typical to human nature to selfishly move the gods so to speak to your side of the fence. This is mostly easy when the religious authority is centralised, A change for whatever reason on the leader's views or motives leads to a whole 'noda level.

In times past political leaders have tried to control the religions, ever wondered why? Yea, its because once they are in then they control god. And for sure, many have succeeded.

You can lie to people but never to yourself. Knowing you need land and resources and therefore telling the people it is gods commandment they go kill for it. Not unless you're a psycho you'd know deep within it came from you and not some god. That is deceit.

Belief in dieties might have begun as an innocent attempt to explain the world, but there's no doubt it most got hijacked along the way.
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by Abuzola11(m): 9:09pm On Dec 05, 2009
Allah means God, what the heck re you saying mr no2atheism
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by No2Atheism(m): 9:13pm On Dec 05, 2009
1. Allah is the name of the god worshipped by Mohammed's father . . . or is mohammed's father also now a prophet . . .  grin grin grin (hint: Mohammed bin Abdallah) shocked shocked shocked

2. Allah is a moon god that was raised to the point of prominence by Mohammed.

3. The Creator as given by the Bible is not the same person as Allah.
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by Abuzola11(m): 9:15pm On Dec 05, 2009
Allah means God, you and ur xtrian brothers re ignorance, it is so pathetic,
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by No2Atheism(m): 9:19pm On Dec 05, 2009
Abuzola 1:

Allah means God, you and your xtrian brothers re ignorance, it is so pathetic,

1. Allah is the name of the god worshipped by Mohammed's father . . . or is mohammed's father also now a prophet . . .  grin grin grin (hint: Mohammed bin Abdallah) shocked shocked shocked

3. Allah has 3 daugthers.

4. Allah cannot fight for Himself, hence muslim fight for it.

5. [size=14pt]The Creator as given by the Bible is not the same person as Allah[/size].
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by Abuzola11(m): 9:43pm On Dec 05, 2009
Quote from: No2Atheism    ,

1. Allah is the name of the god worshipped by Mohammed's father . . . or is mohammed's father also now a prophet . . .     (hint: Mohammed bin Abdallah)   

5. The Creator as given by the Bible is not the same person as Allah

what a goon

Allah (Arabic: الله‎, Allāh, IPA: [ʔalˤːɑːh]  ( listen)) is the standard Arabic word for God.[1] While the term is best known in the West for its use by Muslims as a reference to God, it is used by Arabic-speakers of all Abrahamic faiths, including Christians and Jews, in reference to "God".[1][2][3]

The term was also used by pagan Meccans as a reference to the creator-god, possibly the supreme deity in pre-Islamic Arabia.[4]

Pre-Islamic Arabia allah
In pre-Islamic Arabia, Allah was used by Meccans as a reference to the creator-god, possibly the supreme deity.[12]

Allah was not considered the sole divinity; however, Allah was considered the creator of the world and the giver of rain. The notion of the term may have been vague in the Meccan religion.[4] Allah was associated with companions, whom pre-Islamic Arabs considered as subordinate deities. Meccans held that a kind of kinship existed between Allah and the jinn.[13] Allah was thought to have had sons[14] and that the local deities of al-ʻUzzá, Manāt and al-Lāt were His daughters.[15] The Meccans possibly associated angels with Allah.[16][17] Allah was invoked in times of distress.[17][18] Muhammad's father's name was ‘Abdallāh meaning the “servant of Allāh.” or "the slave of Allāh"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah

n02atheism what a hypocrite
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by Abuzola11(m): 9:44pm On Dec 05, 2009
Quote from: No2Atheism    ,

1. Allah is the name of the god worshipped by Mohammed's father . . . or is mohammed's father also now a prophet . . .     (hint: Mohammed bin Abdallah)   

5. The Creator as given by the Bible is not the same person as Allah

what a goon

Allah (Arabic: الله‎, Allāh, IPA: [ʔalˤːɑːh]  ( listen)) is the standard Arabic word for God.[1] While the term is best known in the West for its use by Muslims as a reference to God, it is used by Arabic-speakers of all Abrahamic faiths, including Christians and Jews, in reference to "God".[1][2][3]

The term was also used by pagan Meccans as a reference to the creator-god, possibly the supreme deity in pre-Islamic Arabia.[4]

Pre-Islamic Arabia allah
In pre-Islamic Arabia, Allah was used by Meccans as a reference to the creator-god, possibly the supreme deity.[12]

Allah was not considered the sole divinity; however, Allah was considered the creator of the world and the giver of rain. The notion of the term may have been vague in the Meccan religion.[4] Allah was associated with companions, whom pre-Islamic Arabs considered as subordinate deities. Meccans held that a kind of kinship existed between Allah and the jinn.[13] Allah was thought to have had sons[14] and that the local deities of al-ʻUzzá, Manāt and al-Lāt were His daughters.[15] The Meccans possibly associated angels with Allah.[16][17] Allah was invoked in times of distress.[17][18] Muhammad's father's name was ‘Abdallāh meaning the “servant of Allāh.” or "the slave of Allāh"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah

n02atheism what a hypocrite
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by No2Atheism(m): 9:48pm On Dec 05, 2009
1. [size=19pt]Allah is the name of the god worshipped by Mohammed's father[/size] . . . or is mohammed's father also now a prophet . . .  grin grin grin (hint: Mohammed bin Abdallah) shocked shocked shocked

3.[size=16pt] Allah has 3 daugthers.[/size]

5. [size=14pt]The Creator as given by the Bible is not the same person as Allah[/size].
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by No2Atheism(m): 9:49pm On Dec 05, 2009
Abuzola 1:

Allah was not considered the sole divinity;

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked is he sharing his divinity with his 3 daugthers or the other Arab idols . . . grin grin grin grin
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by Krayola(m): 12:07am On Dec 06, 2009
haha. I thought this thread had disappeared. I seriously thought I had lost my mind. It only got moved to the Islam section.

@ Tudor I dey come o. Barcelona just win, I dey go drink sumtin grin grin
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by mavenbox: 12:41am On Dec 06, 2009
@No2Atheism: Now I wish I never mentioned that Wiki article to Abuzola, ever since I did on one of my first posts on NL, he has clung tenaciously to it. LOL.

Now, let me explain where Abuzola has missed the whole point. There can be two people called Barack Obama, but both of them are not the U.S. president. On the other hand, the fact that my name is Maven Box, child of Professor and Mrs Big Box, does not mean I am a sibling of Black Box, child of Mr and Dr. Mrs. Cardboard Box. Because we have the surname does not mean we are siblings!

What I am saying is that the Arabic Christians refer to my God as Allah because that is the HUMAN WORD, translated in Arabic, for God. It does not mean that Allah is the same as allah the moon god.

undecided
Re: How Blind Are Those Who Called Islam "man Made Religion" by Abuzola11(m): 10:03am On Dec 06, 2009
Funny, mama wikipedia, anyway you can ask the old fellas on NL whether i don't quote wiki or not, u xtrians re so deluded.

ALLAH is one, he does not beget a son or daughter, the self sufficient, none can be co equal to him'
Quran 112

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does The Sun Set In A Muddy Pool? ( Please Forgive Me, I Am In A Lighter Mood) / Why Are Muslims Still Raw Over The Crusades? / Quranic Gems From The 30 Juz For Ramadan By Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.