Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,663 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now (28236 Views)

4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike / UPDATED: How Any Student Can Make Money Writing Online. / Pictures Every Year One Student Can Relate To In Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by Ekiti360(m): 7:17am On Feb 10, 2017
There are many productive things you can do with your free time when you’re not doing school work. These are some of them.

Sometimes, doing business in school doesn’t just earn you extra cash, it also instills a sense of responsibility in you. So no matter your motive, where it is to earn extra cash and fend for yourself, or it is for sport, or it is just your own training for post-school life, here are a few businesses you can start with little capital and scale up on:

1. Hairdressing:
If your hair making skills are tight, and you can convince 5 friends to tell everyone to come make hair with you, you’re in business.

2. Graphics Design:
This is probably one of the most sought after freelance job at the moment. Whether it is a simple poster, to designing for a big project, it’s possible to juggle it on the side.

3. Programming:
Everyone is building something. Many small Internet companies are always looking for developers to help them build everything from a website to software.

4. Writing and Research:
If you know how to dig, research and get the work done, then there’ll always be someone willing to pay you to help them with their project work or essay, or research paper. Your win.

5. MC’ing:
This is AY. He started off MC’ing in Delta State University, his school.

If you’re funny enough, can speak in front of a crowd, and genuinely believe you’re not as boring as your Vice Chancellor, with some practice, you can earn money MC’ing at events. People do it for a living.

6. Event Planning:
Makeup: Start with your friends, the people they know will see it, and if you’re really good at it, someone will be willing to pay.

7. Artist:
How are your painting, or doodling, or drawing skills? There’s a growing movement of young, middle class people who are beginning to appreciate art more. You might want to find them, and make them pay for your art.

8. Modelling:
Linda Ikeji, for example, started out modelling at the University of Lagos.

Ah. You know the drill. Start with small gigs. Small gigs will eventually lead to big ones.

9. Social Media management:
Small businesses are always looking for people to help them manage their social media presence, so if you seem to have Social Media in your palms, you can also find a way to get that money in your palms too. No course in school can teach you this.

10. Promoter:
Are you popular, resourceful, and convincing? People will be willing to pay you money to bring students in your school to an event.

11. Voice over:
You know that famous “Gulder The Ultimate” voice in the ad or the “We know it’s a tough job, but someone’s got to do it” in that Fidelity bank ad? That’s Femi Sowoolu, and he makes a good living doing voice overs, amongst other things of course.

Besides your boyfriend or girlfriend of course, do people generally think you have a great voice with even greater diction? If you do, then you might want to research people on how to be a narrator and voice-over person.

12. Barbing:
Dude, if you can barb, and your friends aren’t willing to pay you to barb their heads, are they really your friends?

13. Baking:
Mama taught you how to bake. You better learn how to make money with it. Like, someone is celebrating something every week in school. You can be the person they come to for all your cake problems.

14. Photography:
Bayo Omoboriowo is the President’s personal photographer. He started off while he was in University. When do you intend to start?

15. Tailoring:
Everyone needs dresses for the next Owambe, they need a tailor, you have the skills. What are you waiting for?

Remember, there’s nothing shameful about trying to make money legally. If your friends laugh at you, then maybe you need new friends. There’s no dishonour in making money, as long as it’s legal.

All the best !!!

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/02/top-15-small-businesses-any-student-can.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by izzou(m): 7:20am On Feb 10, 2017
MMM
Ultimate cycler
Givers forum
Somapay
Joyful donor
Spring cash
Etc

lipsrsealed

30 Likes

Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by Thisis2raw(m): 7:26am On Feb 10, 2017
That number 3 got my heart

2 Likes

Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by seXytOhbAd(m): 7:26am On Feb 10, 2017
Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by simplemach(m): 7:27am On Feb 10, 2017
So u mean those girls on campus that go out at night and comes back in the morning and sustains their education and sometimes sends money home just with that are not doing business?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by nmreports: 7:27am On Feb 10, 2017
Good approach.

I was in UniLag yesterday and I saw students at night setting up shop to sell noodles, bread and fried egg, salad etc.

All this business are so simple, clear and doable.
2, 3, 12, 13, 14, 15 are what a lot of people and family men do to survive.

Number 3 is so in demand now that there is internet boom in Africa.

Here are also a list of simple businesses you can do generally for anyone:
http://www.hrtechnique.com/2016/06/list-of-simple-businesses-you-can-do-if.html

Hopefully, you will also find that list useful.
Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by herzernBABA: 7:28am On Feb 10, 2017
Easier written than done undecided.

12 Likes

Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 10, 2017
Programming all the way, still learning though
Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by 12345baba(m): 7:29am On Feb 10, 2017
Cleaner, gigolo

2 Likes

Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by Ama124(f): 7:29am On Feb 10, 2017
cool....
Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by sakalisis(m): 7:29am On Feb 10, 2017
Ok
Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by Moshkom(m): 7:30am On Feb 10, 2017
16. NAIRABET

17. BET9JA

18. SUREBET

19. MERRYBET

20. ROYALBET

27 Likes

Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by IamLucy(f): 7:30am On Feb 10, 2017
Lucrative.

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by Nobody: 7:30am On Feb 10, 2017
Thisis2raw:
That number 3 got my heart
same here, but the thing no be beans.

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by NnamdiN: 7:31am On Feb 10, 2017
Everyone talks about the "what" no one talks about the "how". Pointless if you ask me.

4 Likes

Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 7:31am On Feb 10, 2017
'Barbing' means what
Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by izzou(m): 7:32am On Feb 10, 2017
denkyw:
Programming all the way, still learning though

Baba, am learning too

Make I follow your lead abeg.
Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by pxjosh(m): 7:32am On Feb 10, 2017
I do graphic designs and I make small cash with the little time I have. Other stuff I do that fetch me cash include registering student for post ume(mhenn money dey this one well, but its once in a session thing), doing cheats, flashing and upgrading phones and also selling softwares.

You should also add online businesses like blogging, affiliate marketing and co.

3 Likes

Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by mildteddy(m): 7:32am On Feb 10, 2017
All rock solid points.

Good one.

I'm gonna reward you with a visit to your site and clicks on your ads. cheesy
Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by mikeweezy(m): 7:32am On Feb 10, 2017
the person below me have something to say
Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by oluwaVaz(m): 7:33am On Feb 10, 2017
seXytOhbAd:
Space Bookers Association... SBA ...

2 Likes

Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by oluwaVaz(m): 7:33am On Feb 10, 2017
seXytOhbAd:
Space Bookers Association... SBA ...

Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by LegalBaby(f): 7:33am On Feb 10, 2017
Great innovations

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by Iruobean(m): 7:34am On Feb 10, 2017
D guy above me pls shift. Let me comment on first page.
Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by Mznaett: 7:34am On Feb 10, 2017
Tailoring is good o..but new deal for me now is wall and floor tiling cool...still learning though
Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by Klare(f): 7:34am On Feb 10, 2017
Number 1 got my heart tongue

Meanwhile check this out....

HOUSE OF KLARE

Its VALENTINE, get an affordable pack for your SPECIAL ONES this season, make them feel LOVED…and on their BIRTHDAYS

*FEMALE SPECIAL*

*SILVER PACKAGE #2,500*
Cake
Body spray
Love card
Earrings

*GOLD PACKAGE #5,000*

Cake
Teddy bear
Make up item (a set of brush)
Perfume
Love card

*DIAMOND PACKAGE #6,000*

Cake
Cologne
Love card
Teddy bear
Trinket box

*MALE SPECIAL*

*SILVER PACKAGE #5,000*

Wallet
Hatcher (customized wrist band)

*ALL DESIGNED BY KOLA BADMUS*

*GOLD PACKAGE #8,000*

Men spray
Wallet
Signature (wrist band)

*ALL DESIGNED BY KOLA BADMUS*

*DIAMOND PACKAGE #10,000*

Wallet
Sandal
Neck lace

*All DESIGNED BY KOLA BADMUS*

To place your order ☎ CALL/WHAT SAPP KLARE 08103218436, DAVE 08164913500
Delivery services also available, terms and conditions apply.
HOUSE OF KLARE, WE CARE

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by mich24(m): 7:34am On Feb 10, 2017
If I were in school I would go for barbing, that would be a lucrative one there.
Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by delerx(m): 7:37am On Feb 10, 2017
Sensible write up. People that will listen will listen.these are even what graduates are doing to survive outside school now
Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by Strongbest(m): 7:43am On Feb 10, 2017
Nice one Op.
Production of daily need items is also a good one for anyone.

This will help: www.nairaland.com/1798724/

Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by NevetsIbot(m): 7:45am On Feb 10, 2017
Number 7 has my name on it. Art!! So very lucrative.......,
Order your pencil portraits from me. Cheap amd neat
Re: Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now by Mustack: 7:47am On Feb 10, 2017
You didn't mention agriculture.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abuja’s 5 Most Expensive Secondary Schools / WAEC: Abia, Rivers Lead Nationwide In 2017 May/june WASSCE Results [see Top 10] / Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.