Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Relationship Issues That Are Just As Bad As Cheating - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Relationship Issues That Are Just As Bad As Cheating (1544 Views)

Is Flirting Classed As Cheating? / Conversation Between A Mother And Her Child Who Caught Her Cheating On His Dad. / Man Catches His Wife Cheating And Exposes Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relationship Issues That Are Just As Bad As Cheating by henryderek: 11:24am On Feb 10, 2017
Here are the things to watch out for in a relationship, because they are just as terrible as infidelity. Many couples fear infidelity and unfaithfulness in their partners because this has been established, over the years, as a prime destroyer of bonds, relationships and marriages.

What results from this is an undue watchfulness and suspicion a partner might be cheating with another man/woman, whereas the relationship is getting hit in other places that would not be noticed until the dent becomes irreparable. If you are in a relationship or looking forward to getting into one someday, here are some things to stay alert and watch out for, because they are just as terrible as infidelity.

Holding in your feelings
While heavy conflict is exhausting in a relationship, none is usually a sign of distance and disengagement.

Where partners choose to not express and discuss their issues, the end of that relationship might just be getting closer than they thought.

Being married to a job

When your partner never calls, doesn’t reply calls or messages, is always away at work and seems always absorbed in work even if he’s at home with you, this poses a difficulty especially if you are married.

The implication of this is either that your partner is intentionally avoiding intimacy, or that there are issues in the relationship that they would rather stay away from, instead of facing them head on. It could also be that a relationship with someone else has blossomed at work.

Contacting Exes

While this is not necessarily a bad thing, being extremely secretive about it, and doing it a lot too often does not bode well for an ongoing relationship or marriage.

Sometimes, this could even count as actively cheating on your present partner.

Alcoholism

This is an issue that is often overlooked when discussing relationship problems.

The word alcoholism depicts a severe drinking disorder and in any relationship where a partner suffers this, there could be trouble because a drunk person isn’t ever in his right senses, and could do or say stuff with really damaging effects.

Now imagine that happening every day. Imagine the destructive effect it could have on your relationship.

Too much TV and phones

When partners choose always to watch TV or stay fixated with their phones at times when they should be talking or enjoying each other’s company, this could have a long-term damaging effect on the relationship.

The bottom line is this: cheating has a very strong possibility of bringing an end to your relationship no matter how strong that relationship is.

These five things, however underrated, are just as bad especially when allowed to fester. They could end your relationship just as cheating and infidelity would.

Re: Relationship Issues That Are Just As Bad As Cheating by Acidosis(m): 11:26am On Feb 10, 2017
True
Re: Relationship Issues That Are Just As Bad As Cheating by Erngie(f): 11:26am On Feb 10, 2017
true and nice write-up.
Re: Relationship Issues That Are Just As Bad As Cheating by hushshinani(m): 11:27am On Feb 10, 2017
ok... You don try
Re: Relationship Issues That Are Just As Bad As Cheating by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 10, 2017
Erngie:
true and nice write-up.
so u believ that kin writeup
Re: Relationship Issues That Are Just As Bad As Cheating by Erngie(f): 2:05pm On Feb 10, 2017
Lol. why i no go believe. If you no believe then you follow for cheating club
Martin124:
so u believ that kin writeup
Re: Relationship Issues That Are Just As Bad As Cheating by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 10, 2017
Erngie:
Lol. why i no go believe. If you no believe then you follow for cheating club
eeee u think say I be joseph!!! See cheating or no cheating!!! Anyway no need to tell u who I am,,,dat one na ur home work!!!
Re: Relationship Issues That Are Just As Bad As Cheating by Erngie(f): 2:24pm On Feb 10, 2017
Lol. no wahala. Martin 101. the study of Martin124
Martin124:
eeee u think say I be joseph!!! See cheating or no cheating!!! Anyway no need to tell u who I am,,,dat one na ur home work!!!
Re: Relationship Issues That Are Just As Bad As Cheating by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 10, 2017
Erngie:
Lol. no wahala. Martin 101. the study of Martin124
yeah I hear u,,,,406 na d code!!!(Erngie )diz ya na eh eee,first day I saw thought it waz Engine!!!
Re: Relationship Issues That Are Just As Bad As Cheating by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 10, 2017
Frequent discussion about ex. That one is so annoying.
Re: Relationship Issues That Are Just As Bad As Cheating by Erngie(f): 3:50pm On Feb 10, 2017
Lol.
Martin124:
yeah I hear u,,,,406 na d code!!!(Erngie )diz ya na eh eee,first day I saw thought it waz Engine!!!
Re: Relationship Issues That Are Just As Bad As Cheating by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 10, 2017
Erngie:
Lol.
true ooO

1 Like

Re: Relationship Issues That Are Just As Bad As Cheating by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 10, 2017
only the contacting exes is. .

Why u gotta contact the ex anyway? I wouldn't want it at all .

(1) (Reply)

Increase In Marital Failures: What Factors Are Responsible And Solutions? / . / What Are Your Goals For 2020?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.