Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,791 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League (41279 Views)

EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend / The English Premier League Results And Table After Week 1 (Photo) / Barclays English Premier League's 2017/2018 Fixtures Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Challas(m): 4:10pm On Feb 10, 2017
SamConquer:
Madam i take God beg you,commot for my side b4 I use bottle break your head...Do You know how boring this life would be without EPL?...Nigeria leagueEven ABSA premiership for South africa tight pass this yeye league here,Nigeria League where every Home team must wan win there match if not fight go burst..Abeg Madam just shift.
Oga you are John Snow
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by bukkielee(m): 4:12pm On Feb 10, 2017
Until Away teams start winning well, I will never watch it
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Ajibel(m): 4:13pm On Feb 10, 2017
Raziii:
abeg, the phone you used in typing this thing, was it made here in Nigeria?.

Please this is a very dumb example to use sir. Is Nigeria known to produce/ manufacture phones?

A product that has a good local alternative, why not patronise that instead of importing it?

We have a very strong league now. I am am Enyimba fan. Why do I need to support an EPL club when mine is there?
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Ajibel(m): 4:17pm On Feb 10, 2017
aluko360:
only in naija league
Eyimba vs awka (09.02.2017)
Match was supposed to be played a day before but eyimba arrived late hence match was rescheduled.
Eyimba to win @ 1.19 odds
Eyimba win/ draw @ 1.02 odds
Away team to win @ 19 odds

If you care to know, Eyimba manufactured a goal late in second half.

In Naija football league, 95% of wins goes to the home team, its only on few occasions where away team do manage to win or salvage a draw.

What do you stand to gain with this outrageous lie? Mfon Udoh took a volley from about 25 yards out and you're here making it look as if Enyimba did something illegally to win the game.

Smh.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Raziii(m): 4:18pm On Feb 10, 2017
OP, your title shoud be reasons to start watching the NPFL ok.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by seguno2: 4:20pm On Feb 10, 2017
GiftedJosh:
Nigerian league ko, Ibadan league ni... undecided
Make i dey enjoy epl dey go joor

Are you truly a waste of oxygen as the oyinbos regard you?
Just asking.

https://www.nairaland.com/3569175/nigerians-waste-oxygen-flesh-mufclatestnews
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by seguno2: 4:24pm On Feb 10, 2017
aluko360:
only in naija league
Eyimba vs awka (09.02.2017)
Match was supposed to be played a day before but eyimba arrived late hence match was rescheduled.
Eyimba to win @ 1.19 odds
Eyimba win/ draw @ 1.02 odds
Away team to win @ 19 odds

If you care to know, Eyimba manufactured a goal late in second half.

In Naija football league, 95% of wins goes to the home team, its only on few occasions where away team do manage to win or salvage a draw.

Is that not true for oyinbo leagues also?
Why do we hate ourselves so much that we even tell lies against our own country?
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by seguno2: 4:26pm On Feb 10, 2017
aluko360:
naija football league?
No be today yansh dey back.
I remember when sunshine stars played eyimba at the Akure township stadium.

Eyimba scored early in the first half and trust naija league nah, the match no gree end till sunshine equalized via a questionable penalty very late in stopping time (90+10 mins). The match ended immediately after the penalty was taken.

It is good to support our own but why watch a football match when you already know the outcome?

How would you be able to criticise our league for its improvement if you don't keep watching the matches?
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Bluesearoll(m): 4:26pm On Feb 10, 2017
KEEP ON DECEIVING YOURSELF..........
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by cyberguy72(m): 4:30pm On Feb 10, 2017
.....THAT REMINDS ME LET ME CHECK FIXTURES FOR TOMOROS MATCHES.BLUESSSSSSSSSS4LIFE
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by seguno2: 4:31pm On Feb 10, 2017
Keneking:
Amazing write-up.

But when would they join the betting league? e.g Remo VS Enyimba (1X2) (15.10 /5.52 /1.30) shocked shocked shocked

I thought that our league is already on betting companies.
If not, someone is missing out on a nice business opportunity.
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Mightyraw(m): 4:33pm On Feb 10, 2017
Ajibel:
Nigerians would accuse their politicians of not buying Naija to grow the naira but every weekend, you'll see them at the viewing center watching epl games.
Hw does dat kill d naira

Nobe naija veiwing centre
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by aluko360(m): 4:34pm On Feb 10, 2017
seguno2:

How would you be able to criticise our league for its improvement if you don't keep watching the matches?

Who told you i dont watch Naija football?

Over the years, i have realised that its safer watching naija football on tv because if the home team loses, there is bound to be chaos.

The stats are there for you to see. A win/draw is 90% sure for the home team.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by seguno2: 4:35pm On Feb 10, 2017
SamConquer:
Madam i take God beg you,commot for my side b4 I use bottle break your head...Do You know how boring this life would be without EPL?...Nigeria leagueEven ABSA premiership for South africa tight pass this yeye league here,Nigeria League where every Home team must wan win there match if not fight go burst..Abeg Madam just shift.

Is it not the same way that we allow the party in power at the state level to win all LGA elections?
Our league adequately and appropriately reflects our lives and lazy mental attitude.
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Raziii(m): 4:35pm On Feb 10, 2017
Ajibel:

Please this is a very dumb example to use sir. Is Nigeria known to produce/ manufacture phones?

A product that has a good local alternative, why not patronise that instead of importing it?

We have a very strong league now. I am am Enyimba fan. Why do I need to support an EPL club when mine is there?
hey slow down bro, why are you vexing... You obviously didn't get my point. That aside, lets not deceive ourselves, the NPFL is no suitable alternative to the EPL. I watch the NPFL and most time I sleep off.

A consumer will always be drawn to the best product, especially when it gives immediate satisfaction. From records available the league had loads of followership during the 80s, why? There was quality. Last season, Rangers home game were always sold out, why? Good pitch, nice football they played.

All I am trying to say is, when it comes to things that give immediate satisfaction, give them a list to pick from, they will take the best. It has nothing to do with patriotism. That's how humans are.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by seguno2: 4:36pm On Feb 10, 2017
aluko360:
Who told you i dont watch Naija football?

Over the years, i have realised that its safer watching naija football on tv because if the home team loses, there is bound to be chaos.

The stats are there for you to see. A win/draw is 90% sure for the home team.

Please check my post against your response.
Thanks
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Lionofdjungle: 4:37pm On Feb 10, 2017
Can you compare the quality of the players in EPL with the one in the Nigerian league? Can you compare the fields and the officiating of the EPL with the one of the Nigerian league? Can an EPL club owe its players the way Nigerian players are owned two, three, four months salaries by their owners while the latter keep on threatening their owners of industrial actions? My brother, don't compare death with sleep.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by seguno2: 4:39pm On Feb 10, 2017
Raziii:
hey slow down bro, why are you vexing... You obviously didn't get my point. That aside, lets not deceive ourselves, the NPFL is no suitable alternative to the EPL. I watch the NPFL and most time I sleep off.

A consumer will always be drawn to the best product, especially when it gives immediate satisfaction. From records available the league had loads of followership during the 80s, why? There was quality. Last season, Rangers home game were always sold out, why? Good pitch, nice football they played.

All I am trying to say is, when it comes to things that give immediate satisfaction, give them a list to pick from, they will take the best. It has nothing to do with patriotism. That's how humans are.

The Chinese and the Koreans did not become great countries by using foreign products, even when they MAY have been better.
Otherwise how will they be able to improve over time?
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 10, 2017
Op don't worry we will get there
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by seguno2: 4:45pm On Feb 10, 2017
Lionofdjungle:
Can you compare the quality of the players in EPL with the one in the Nigerian league? Can you compare the fields and the officiating of the EPL with the one of the Nigerian league? Can an EPL club owe its players the way Nigerian players are owned two, three, four months salaries by their owners while the latter keep on threatening their owners of industrial actions? My brother, don't compare death with sleep.

Don't we have governors and LGA Chairmen owing salaries and pensions for months and even years?
Don't we praise these useless politicians when they now dash those whom they already impoverished some small change?
When we stop behaving like "waste of oxygen" to our public servants, then owners of our home teams will also start living up to their responsibility to pay salaries on time.
What do you think?

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by madjune(m): 4:50pm On Feb 10, 2017
Thread is dead on arrival.

Why? Dollar rate/ pound rate.

English league is where the money is.
Tell me any good Nigerian player who doesn't dream of Europe?
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by jatau7(m): 4:50pm On Feb 10, 2017
oh my God.....i dont mean to be rude ohhhhh but y na.....so u mean to tell me dat i should start watching Nigeria premier league and leave d most competitive league in d world.....i think we need to flog some pple with koboko......
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by aluko360(m): 4:52pm On Feb 10, 2017
Ajibel:

What do you stand to gain with this outrageous lie? Mfon Udoh took a volley from about 25 yards out and you're here making it look as if Enyimba did something illegally to win the game.

Smh.
try and conprehend the use of english Mr smh.
Never said the win was gotten illegally.
I was justifying the fact that NPFL fixtures favour the home team.

Pele
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by seguno2: 4:52pm On Feb 10, 2017
ajalawole:
Op, i think someone never beat u up inside Nigeria stadium before

I think someone never educate you on how hooligans beat and kill people in European leagues.
Please help yourself and stop the public embarrassment, which makes our oyinbo "superiors" to describe us as a "waste of oxygen".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4174908/Twelve-hooligans-BANNED-football-matches.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by seguno2: 4:54pm On Feb 10, 2017
jatau7:
oh my God.....i dont mean to be rude ohhhhh but y na.....so u mean to tell me dat i should start watching Nigeria premier league and leave d most competitive league in d world.....i think we need to flog some pple with koboko......

Should we start with you?

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by CrEaToRmalden(m): 5:00pm On Feb 10, 2017
Keneking:
Amazing write-up.

But when would they join the betting league? e.g Remo VS Enyimba (1X2) (15.10 /5.52 /1.30) shocked shocked shocked

They are available, check them on bet9ja and 9jadollarbet and so on

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by freshcvvs: 5:03pm On Feb 10, 2017
aluko360:
naija football league?
No be today yansh dey back.
I remember when sunshine stars played eyimba at the Akure township stadium.

Eyimba scored early in the first half and trust naija league nah, the match no gree end till sunshine equalized via a questionable penalty very late in stopping time (90+10 mins). The match ended immediately after the penalty was taken.

It is good to support our own but why watch a football match when you already know the outcome?

How many years ago Mr storyteller?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by freshcvvs: 5:06pm On Feb 10, 2017
SamConquer:

Shut up mental slave. The EPL you're praising was once a dumpshit house until the CITIZENS did something about it. Its the fans that made it what it is. So tell me jlshitheaf how you want the Nigerian league to grow if the citizens aren't supporting it? If you won't support, shut up than writing old story about the league you know little about. I have watched series of live NPFL matches and will watch another tomorrow.

Mental SLAVE!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by freshcvvs: 5:08pm On Feb 10, 2017
Erngie:
The quality of the camera sef go tire you. Besides its not bad watching epl since africans feature in them too

Do you lie for a living? The same supersport showing EPL is the one showing npfl and same camera is used. Grow up bloody liar.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by freshcvvs: 5:11pm On Feb 10, 2017
teamsynergy:
d op is high on dry lettuce.... the same Naija league that has been at the same spot since it glory days in the 80s..no major improvement, no synthetic pitch, no major sponsor, no motivation........ try watch Angolan league and see d difference.... we only have passion for sport, we r not ready to develop sport wise... when last did we host nation cup?
sen Ben Bruce dat was telling people to drop EPL for npfl is a hypocrite like d op... he shud stop showing Hollywood movies too... u can't stop people from watching EPL... SA DAT has a better league sef dey wat EPL....nonsense

Swear on your life that no good pitch in the npfl, swear that all you typed are true.

Why una dey always lie against una own? You see why you are not progressing as a person ? Because you are against your country's progress.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by freshcvvs: 5:12pm On Feb 10, 2017
XaintJoel20:
I think the OP is joking.

Nigeria league where you hardly win away matches..

I am married to Chelsea OP leave alone...

Another liar, just 2 days ago had an away win. We are just in week 5-6, yet have recorded more than 7 away wins.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by senatrpaichulo(m): 5:14pm On Feb 10, 2017
The last time I tried watching that shit, I slept off in the stadium(teslim balogun lagos), nasarawa united and ifeanyi UBA FC. Confederation cup final. Won't try that. FCB for life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Swansea Vs Manchester United (0 - 4) On 19th August 2017 / Chelsea Vs Watford (4 - 3) - Live / Arsenal Vs Manchester United (3 - 1) On 3rd September 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.