Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League (41290 Views)

EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend / The English Premier League Results And Table After Week 1 (Photo) / Barclays English Premier League's 2017/2018 Fixtures Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 10, 2017
Erngie:
. Lol. I like Barcelona--msn, I like Chelsea--hazard, Willian,etc, I like manU--mourinho, mata, zlatan,etc. I don't like arsenal but I support them at times cos of Walcott and oxlade-chamberl and iwobi... I like man city--guardiola, aguero, iheanacho, etc. I like real Madrid--jamez Rodriguez, benzema, Ronaldo, I like athletico madrid--simeone, Tores and that shot France guy(I've forgotten his name)
u na general,,,? Anthony Griezman...
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 10, 2017
Erngie:
. Lol. I like Barcelona--msn, I like Chelsea--hazard, Willian,etc, I like manU--mourinho, mata, zlatan,etc. I don't like arsenal but I support them at times cos of Walcott and oxlade-chamberl and iwobi... I like man city--guardiola, aguero, iheanacho, etc. I like real Madrid--jamez Rodriguez, benzema, Ronaldo, I like athletico madrid--simeone, Tores and that shot France guy(I've forgotten his name)
u na general,,,? Anthony Griezman...I swear if u sign dat val day....hmmm my dey look sha,,,cuz I know say u be government!!!
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Erngie(f): 10:03pm On Feb 10, 2017
Martin124:
u na general,,,? Anthony Griezman...I swear if u sign dat val day....hmmm my dey look sha,,,cuz I know say u be government!!!
yes Antoine griezman. Government of the people and for the people. Go sleep, goodnight
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 10, 2017
Erngie:
yes Antoine griezman. Government of the people and for the people. Go sleep, goodnight
oh,,,,have a gud night,,,,sleep tigh,,,I still dey look around sleep nor wan come,,,,
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by SaintChukz(m): 11:30pm On Feb 10, 2017
Yarnvibes:
The English Premier League is one of the most exciting football leagues in the world. Thus, it is unsurprising that many Nigerians are addicted to it.

Every weekend, viewing centres are filled out with Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United, and Manchester City among other EPL clubs. It is, therefore, near impossible to end the attachment of Nigerians to the premier league. Nonetheless, Jumia Travel identifies 5 reasons Nigerians should stop watching the EPL.

The Nigerian League is now exciting and better organized

Since the league management body started managing the Nigerian League, they have made concerted efforts to make the league more exciting and interesting. They have ensured that the stadiums are TV friendly and the players and fans obey rules and regulation. Most importantly, the matches are on Pay TV. This has encouraged players to give out their best and you now see a Nigerian league player scoring a hat-trick.

You get real life stadium experience in the NPFL

To watch a Nigerian League match is very affordable and inexpensive. You don’t have to break the bank. Except you have a deep pocket, you cannot travel the England to watch Arsenal. So, with the NPFL, you can watch Kano Pillars live in Kano or watch Remo Stars in Sagamu. You get the stadium experience.

You can support professionally run private clubs

Unlike in the past when the 20 clubs in the Nigeria Professional Football League are government owned, there are now privately owned clubs that are professionally managed. We have The Mountain of Fire Football Club, Ifeanyi Ubah FC, and Remo stars. You can support these clubs because they churn out EPL like football week in, week out.

Nigerian Stadiums are safe

Many Nigerians have the mindset that whenever they visit the stadium, they will be harassed and waylaid. This is in the past. They are now safe because it is now incumbent on clubs to provide security for fans and players alike.

We will support our own

Nigerians don’t seem to support their own. Like they have a knack for foreign products, it is the same for football. Even the Nigerian Super Eagles team is coached by a foreigner. We stop watching the premier league and support the Nigerian league by going to stadiums to watch their favorite Nigerian club.

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/02/5-reasons-nigerians-should-stop.html

For every single damn reason you listed above, I can list an alternate reason as to why Nigerians won't watch their own NPFL either Live or on TV for that matter.

The issues plaguing our own football league runs deeper than you might actually think.
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by SkinnyDude(m): 1:28am On Feb 11, 2017
Keneking:
Amazing write-up.

But when would they join the betting league? e.g Remo VS Enyimba (1X2) (15.10 /5.52 /1.30) shocked shocked shocked
oga go bet9ja..
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by NEROSKY(m): 2:40am On Feb 11, 2017
Chanchit:
You don't need to do this kyn campaign, when league good we go know. This op did not even try to compare NPL to south African league, premiership loun loun!?
i know the OP, em no take em drug today grin grin
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by seguno2: 3:28am On Feb 11, 2017
Tobium1:
Come and beat me

You are already beating yourself.
No need for any bonus beating from me.
Moreover, I cannot waste my energy for such. The same way that I don't waste my time and money watching oyinbo leagues who have described me as a waste of oxygen.

https://www.nairaland.com/3569175/nigerians-waste-oxygen-flesh-mufclatestnews
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by seguno2: 3:31am On Feb 11, 2017
SaintChukz:
For every single damn reason you listed above, I can list an alternate reason as to why Nigerians won't watch their own NPFL either Live or on TV for that matter.

The issues plaguing our own football league runs deeper than you might actually think.

Who stopped you?
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by lereinter(m): 3:42am On Feb 11, 2017
common nigerians are soccer lovers
if npfl got all this it wont be difficult to get spectators
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Caseless: 4:04am On Feb 11, 2017
SamConquer:
Madam i take God beg you,commot for my side b4 I use bottle break your head...Do You know how boring this life would be without EPL?...Nigeria leagueEven ABSA premiership for South africa tight pass this yeye league here,Nigeria League where every Home team must wan win there match if not fight go burst..Abeg Madam just shift.
shut up abeg.
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by pinton: 6:44am On Feb 11, 2017
Dear op, I support your opinion our stadia are now safe and I can assure any football lover of a good game. I am supporter of sunshine stars football club of Akure, and I am most times at the Akure township stadium for our home games. Our league is more organized now. Attached are pictures from our last home league against MFM which we lost 0 -1 and no trouble.

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Oluvico007(m): 8:41am On Feb 11, 2017
Keneking:
Amazing write-up.

But when would they join the betting league? e.g Remo VS Enyimba (1X2) (15.10 /5.52 /1.30) shocked shocked shocked

Nigeria league Don dey bet9ja na
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by senatrpaichulo(m): 12:47pm On Feb 11, 2017
Who knows you even in your own country?
seguno2:

Who knows you in Spain?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by tck2000(m): 8:54pm On Jun 17, 2019
Yeah
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by tck2000(m): 12:05am On Jun 18, 2019
yedidiah:
The incidence that happened on the opening day of the NPFL in the match between Kano Pillars and Ifeanyi Ubah among other ugly incidence, is enough to discredit this whole write up.

I used to be a huge fan of the Nigeria League and support the great Ranch bees of Kaduna. But an incidence I had at the Ranch bees Stadium( now Kaduna township stadium) in a match between Ranch bees and Kaduna United years ago is one that I cannot forget and has made me cautious when it comes to Nigeria football.

Though I follow the league as much as I can, but outside ranch bees, I haven't supported any team and cannot.

Mind you, the excitement of the EPL, is incomparable. Do you know the organisers of the Bundesliga and even French league, have not becareful when arranging league fixtures so that it doesn't clash with EPL else, they may not have much TV and even stadium followership?
Quite True.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Swansea Vs Manchester United (0 - 4) On 19th August 2017 / Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (2 - 1 ) On 7th August 2020 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Chelsea : Carabao Cup (5 -4) On Pens On 29th Sept 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.