Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,442 members, 7,836,776 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death (885 Views)

Zungeru: Birth Place Of Ojukwu, Azikiwe, David Mark -What It Looked Like In 1900 / Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 / Last Photo Of Ishiaka Adeleke Before His Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death by OkoNDOoBo: 3:45pm On Feb 10, 2017
like awolowo , zik, ahmadu bello, balewa, e.t.c during their time they contributed immensely to the growth of their regions and the country at large.
they implemented policies that yielded fruits which impacted the life of a common man in the street during their reign.
their achievements re there for everybody to see.
Re: What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death by RockHard: 3:50pm On Feb 10, 2017
At least he managed to snatch Bainca from FFK. I think that should count for something.

3 Likes

Re: What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death by zendy: 4:05pm On Feb 10, 2017
OkoNDOoBo:
like awolowo , zik, ahmadu bello, balewa, e.t.c during their time they contributed immensely to the growth of their regions and the country at large.
they implemented policies that yielded fruits which impacted the life of a common man in the street during their reign.

I think that the greatest thing Ojukwu did was to declare his people free. Nobody has managed to do this since Lord Lugard 'roped' everyone into his colonial creation called Nigeria in 1914. Ojukwu gave his people freedom, gave them their flag, their currency, their anthem, their identity and their pride. Without freedom, life is worth nothing. The belief in self determination which Ojukwu gave his people in my view is the single greatest thing anyone one man has ever given his people in the history of Africa.

1 Like

Re: What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death by helinues: 4:06pm On Feb 10, 2017
I don't have anything to say.

May be the person below me does...
Re: What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death by marshalcarter: 4:24pm On Feb 10, 2017
he made his man hood live on grin
Re: What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death by Emycord: 4:25pm On Feb 10, 2017
My father my father mighty defender of biafrans. Selflesly using his father's wealth to save the life of nigerian/african jews from extinction. Not minding his own comfort or the lack of it this singular action of ojukwu preserved the lives of millions of biafrans. For just that fact we are proud of ikemba nnewi. The man nigerians so desperatly wish to discredit. And all thier efforts so far has been so fruitless

2 Likes

Re: What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death by olasaad(f): 4:41pm On Feb 10, 2017
OkoNDOoBo:

Lol,you wicked oo this people are not his mates. Ojukwu can be group along with Hassan Uthman Kastina, Adekunle Fajuyi, David Ejor and Gen. Yakubu Gowon, so you can compare this people achievement with that of Ojukwu

2 Likes

Re: What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death by Dedetwo(m): 4:43pm On Feb 10, 2017
OkoNDOoBo:

What did Awolowo achieve? At least, the first African to realize that a country needed to be created in Africa without any string attached to Europeans.
Re: What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death by Toosure70: 5:11pm On Feb 10, 2017
He lead his people to destruction.
Re: What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death by annayawchee: 5:13pm On Feb 10, 2017
His greatest achievement is biafra movement.... And his name will never be forgotten.....
Re: What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death by enigma3000: 5:14pm On Feb 10, 2017
sometimes make una just neglect STUPID Posts na...
by the time the op get 750 views with just 3 comment, him go by himsef realize how foolish him dey
Re: What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death by ElsonMorali: 5:24pm On Feb 10, 2017
zendy:

I think that the greatest thing Ojukwu did was to declare his people free. Nobody has managed to do this since Lord Lugard 'roped' everyone into his colonial creation called Nigeria in 1914. Ojukwu gave his people freedom, gave them their flag, their currency, their anthem, their identity and their pride. Without freedom, life is worth nothing. The belief in self determination which Ojukwu gave his people in my view is the single greatest thing anyone one man has ever given his people in the history of Africa.

Oh really?

If they are free why are they still screaming for freedom over 40 years later.

2 Likes

Re: What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death by Sunnymatey(m): 5:25pm On Feb 10, 2017
Op which would u choose. Free education under slavery and Total freedom from slavery.
Re: What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death by ElsonMorali: 5:26pm On Feb 10, 2017
Emycord:
My father my father mighty defender of biafrans. Selflesly using his father's wealth to save the life of nigerian/african jews from extinction. Not minding his own comfort or the lack of it this singular action of ojukwu preserved the lives of millions of biafrans. For just that fact we are proud of ikemba nnewi. The man nigerians so desperatly wish to discredit. And all thier efforts so far has been so fruitless

Lol. Which time frame are you using to answer? Thought the guy is dead undecided

1 Like

Re: What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death by ElsonMorali: 5:27pm On Feb 10, 2017
Sunnymatey:
Op which would u choose. Free education under slavery and Total freedom from slavery.

Do you know the meaning of the word slavery, or do I have to buy every IPOB a dictionary?
Re: What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death by MidolsStudent(m): 5:29pm On Feb 10, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Oh really?

Jesus
Bros u go school at all?
Re: What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death by Sunnymatey(m): 5:41pm On Feb 10, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Do you know the meaning of the word slavery, or do I have to buy every IPOB a dictionary?
You must be blind to the happenings in this country if u think otherwise. That's how the hausa/fulani sees other tribe. You may pretend not to know this. My hausa friends and business associate have told me this. What happened to the killers of Past. Eunice in Abuja? Nothing cus its normal for a slave master to kill his servant and many more
Re: What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death by zendy: 6:27pm On Feb 10, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Oh really?

You missed the point. Do you see anyone else screaming for freedom except them? Thats is due to Ojukwu. Ojukwu opened the eyes of his people to freedom and self determination. The rest who call themselves 'Nigerians' are still answering the colonial name the white man imposed on them and claiming the country created by Lugard as their own. Those ones cant scream for freedom in a million years because they are too blind to see they are in bondage. Their own 'Ojukwu' is yet to come.

1 Like

Re: What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death by Danzakidakura(m): 6:38pm On Feb 10, 2017
@ Op you should compere Zik of Africa with great Awo and the likes of Amadu bello. not with Ojukwu because he is a military man like hassan katsina and likes of David ejoor. God bless Nigeria and may the soul of Ojukwu rest in peace
Re: What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death by Emycord: 6:49pm On Feb 10, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Lol. Which time frame are you using to answer? Thought the guy is dead undecided
ridiculous statement! Anytime from his birtday to his death day is before his death ok but you can prove nd wrong but before you do remember there are educated guys on this public forum. Dont display any stupidity o
Re: What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death by YourCoffin: 8:01pm On Feb 10, 2017
He planted an idea in his people's mind. 40 years after, the idea is still waxing strong. What other achievement is greater than that?
Re: What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death by ElsonMorali: 3:26pm On Feb 13, 2017
zendy:

You missed the point. Do you see anyone else screaming for freedom except them? Thats is due to Ojukwu. Ojukwu opened the eyes of his people to freedom and self determination. The rest who call themselves 'Nigerians' are still answering the colonial name the white man imposed on them and claiming the country created by Lugard as their own. Those ones cant scream for freedom in a million years because they are too blind to see they are in bondage. Their own 'Ojukwu' is yet to come.

Yeah, you're right. Let's blame the white man for all our woes and criminal tendencies.

They are the reason we smuggle drugs, steal from the national treasury, kill ourselves in the name of religion, engage in prostitution, establish baby factories, kill ourselves for money rituals.
Re: What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death by ElsonMorali: 3:29pm On Feb 13, 2017
Emycord:
ridiculous statement! Anytime from his birtday to his death day is before his death ok but you can prove nd wrong but before you do remember there are educated guys on this public forum. Dont display any stupidity o

Really? There are educated guys on this forum?! shocked

I wasn't aware o.

Wait lemme guess, you're one of them abi?
Re: What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death by ElsonMorali: 3:30pm On Feb 13, 2017
Sunnymatey:
You must be blind to the happenings in this country if u think otherwise. That's how the hausa/fulani sees other tribe. You may pretend not to know this. My hausa friends and business associate have told me this. What happened to the killers of Past. Eunice in Abuja? Nothing cus its normal for a slave master to kill his servant and many more

Oh I see. Now go get yourself a dictionary and look up the meaning of slave.
Re: What Re The Acheivements Of Ojukwu Before His Death by ElsonMorali: 3:31pm On Feb 13, 2017
MidolsStudent:
Jesus
Bros u go school at all?

So because you just passed JAMB we won't hear word again, abi.

(1) (Reply)

Referendum In Nigeria. / Exposed: APC Funding Sheriff Planned Convention With $1m- Fayose / BREAKING: Ngilari Granted Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.