Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,930 members, 7,810,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action (27054 Views)

Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust / Aerial View Of Participants At The Lagos City Marathon (Photos) / Harrison Chinedu Completes The Lagos City Marathon Riding A Bicycle (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by tolustx(m): 8:28am On Feb 11, 2017
Your expression when the athlete beside you is a Kenyan or an Ethiopian...

Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:28am On Feb 11, 2017
K
Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by Omojudy: 8:28am On Feb 11, 2017
Pray:
I'm there.....
Na you go carry last. Keep typing.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by Valfrankie(m): 8:28am On Feb 11, 2017
ARE KENYANS ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE, if yes, the rest should go home and help their mothers, we already know the winner!!! THE LION CHASERS, JUNGLE BOYS!!!undecided

3 Likes

Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by holatimmy(f): 8:28am On Feb 11, 2017
Kenyans will sweep Alof u without apologies....I no sabi the kin heart those pple get undecided undecided
Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by Tolulopefinest(m): 8:30am On Feb 11, 2017
Ugrh.....

I have a feeling Nigeria is winning this.

Remember to quote me after the race cool
Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by mailingdgreat: 8:32am On Feb 11, 2017
Chai see people shaaaaa. Of a truth, derez deep problem in this country cos looking at the crowd one can tell dat d motivation is the money.
Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by Valfrankie(m): 8:34am On Feb 11, 2017
holatimmy:
Kenyans will sweep Alof u without apologies....I no sabi the kin heart those pple get undecided undecided
Because they are always chasing Lions or running away from one, they gotta know how sprint and crush without mercy undecidedundecidedundecided
Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by seguno2: 8:35am On Feb 11, 2017
Great initiative.
Wish I could join.
Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by Rinsola32(f): 8:38am On Feb 11, 2017
Omojudy:

In my opinion, the race should be based on Nigerian nationality. Help us build out talent atleast and help them join the sports world. Now I just see Kenyans coming to pick money and go back. Except maybe access bank has branches in Kenya. Even if, go do Kenyan version there.

I always wonder too. A Kenya man won last year own. They go just enter flight or even motor sef, come run for here and go back with the money the next day. Which kind thing be that? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by zicoraads: 8:39am On Feb 11, 2017
UjSizzle:
Typing this from the race....

Phew!
She won't even run past Surulere grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by tolustx(m): 8:40am On Feb 11, 2017
holatimmy:
They are not all running for the first place. There are medals and financial rewards for the top three, I guess, then the first fifteen Nigerians also have financial rewards. The first lady to complete the run also has a financial rewards. So it could be worth competing for.
Some are however running for the fun of it so they do not intend to complete the race. It is dawned far. Not a joke of a run.
The winner of the last edition (a Kenyan) completed it after over two hours of running.
Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by tolustx(m): 8:44am On Feb 11, 2017
mailingdgreat:
Chai see people shaaaaa. Of a truth, derez deep problem in this country cos looking at the crowd one can tell dat d motivation is the money.
Bros, you mean after seeing this, all you can come up with is that there is problem? Where's the spirit of sportsmanship? Many of these people won't even complete the race. They do not intend to complete it. They just wanna have fun. It is not good to always jump to conclusions

1 Like

Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by tolustx(m): 8:49am On Feb 11, 2017
Here is the map for this race so you can know that up to 2/3 of the runners are doing it for the fun of it and do not intend to complete it.
Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by kadree(m): 8:54am On Feb 11, 2017
Still waiting for who comes fifth after dos Kenya guys don reach dia country with cash n medals

Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 11, 2017
We all know say na kenya person go win, na dem go pack all d dollars
Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 11, 2017
please is the marathon broadcasting live on TV?
Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by ikorodureporta: 8:58am On Feb 11, 2017
dainformant:
The much anticipated Lagos City Marathon has begun with many athletes hoping to be the winner. A total of 100, 000 athletes from 27 countries including Nigeria are participating in the second edition of Access Bank lagos marathon which is currently holding with participants running through major routes across the city.

Scheduled to take off from the National Stadium at Surulere and terminate at Eko Atlantic City on Victoria Island, Lagos, the race will feature around 64 elite athletes from 26 countries, 30 special athletes and 102 runners from Nigeria.

A total prize money of $370,000, made up of $185,000 for the men runners and $185,000 for women is up for grab in today’s event. Those in the Wheelchair category will pocket N1,000,000, N750,000 and N500,000.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/02/lagos-city-marathon-begins-see-massive.html

all thez selfie-taking crowd cheesy
Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by mamatayour(f): 8:59am On Feb 11, 2017
DeRay98:

For your parlour sha grin
grin grin grin
Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by solomoni87(m): 9:01am On Feb 11, 2017
UjSizzle:
Typing this from the race....
Phew!
hope u no carry last for d race
Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by kateskitty(f): 9:01am On Feb 11, 2017
So this much people can come out for marathon but can't afford to come out for protest cry

3 Likes

Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by solomoni87(m): 9:09am On Feb 11, 2017
desquad:
it's on twitter. people are twitting the happenings
Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by Bimpe29: 9:10am On Feb 11, 2017
It is my hope that, all security measures have been deployed so as to prevent the evil deeds of men of the under world?
Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by Unimaginable123: 9:12am On Feb 11, 2017
Tolulopefinest:
Ugrh.....

I have a feeling Nigeria is winning this.

Remember to quote me after the race cool
winner has emerged. Not Nigerian
Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by cybriz82(m): 9:12am On Feb 11, 2017
both d imbicile.d hypertention.diabete.leg cancer.brain cancer.heartless.kidneyless.intestineless.liverless all of them want to participate....life dn really tired some people n dis is d fastest way for dem to die...i wish dem well sha.
Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by ERO32: 9:14am On Feb 11, 2017
dainformant:
see more >>> http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/02/lagos-city-marathon-begins-see-massive.html
chai i can see myself there with green shirt. If yo can see me say aiiii! cool
Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by upuphim(m): 9:15am On Feb 11, 2017
Please tell security operatives and Lagos KAI to open pedestrian bridges it does not disturb marathon just as other lane of the express road is not blocked.
Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by Missmossy(f): 9:15am On Feb 11, 2017
And they can't come out for protest undecided we would see the result.
Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by tohact(m): 9:21am On Feb 11, 2017
I sabi run, but I no get fuel for tank.
Maybe na next year I go win the Kenya. Ema worry
Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by FiedelCastro: 9:27am On Feb 11, 2017
Live on channels tv
Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by FiedelCastro: 9:29am On Feb 11, 2017
desquad:
live on channels tv

1 Like

Re: Lagos City Marathon Begins. See Massive Crowd Of Participants In Action by FiedelCastro: 9:33am On Feb 11, 2017
Tamuiyi Rodah, Fridal Lodepa nd Timbilili of Kenya came 1st, 2nd nd 3rd respectively in women category

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FIFA Gives Ultimatums To Nigeria And Ghana Or Face Bans Over "Undue Influence" / Sarri Furious After Higuain Tackled Luiz Roughly In Training / Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.