Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

What's The Most Embarrassing Thing That Has Ever Happened To You While Driving - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's The Most Embarrassing Thing That Has Ever Happened To You While Driving (12861 Views)

FRSC: Using Google Map While Driving Is A Serious Offence / Five Simple Things To Do When You Lose Your Brakes While Driving / Driver Covers Himself With Umbrella While Driving An Open-roof Benz In The Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Most Embarrassing Thing That Has Ever Happened To You While Driving by mayweather145: 2:42pm On Feb 12, 2017
o boy, people dey lie abeg grin
Re: What's The Most Embarrassing Thing That Has Ever Happened To You While Driving by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 12, 2017
twilliamx:
One day i was driving on ikorodu road, na so i notice say one car they drive any how by my side, na so i commot hand for window come do WAKA, the next thing wey i see na say the car slowly pulled up by my side i come look inside the car, wetin i see nearly give me heart attack.
Three military men with red beret and feather for the beret, they told me to park and the rest is history...
lol.....abeg....full gist na...thank you
Re: What's The Most Embarrassing Thing That Has Ever Happened To You While Driving by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 12, 2017
IykeWest:
Omo, if na me, i no park o! I dey craze!? Those people no send anybody o, i go just drive off, if dem wan open fire no p, but i no fit park chop beating.
jeez....i literally laughed....burst my head
Re: What's The Most Embarrassing Thing That Has Ever Happened To You While Driving by adanny01(m): 3:37pm On Feb 12, 2017
Back then my dad promised to teach me how to drive if i finished secondary school. Instead he bought me a bicycle and bought himself a new car that he didnt want me to touch. Meanwhile i drive in my dreams and have read his car's manual a dozen times and the traffic book is a picture book to me.

A neighbour whom my father sends on long journeys gave me his car one day as promised and taught me how to operate the clutch for the first time. I was shaking with fear after my first 500m. Armed with that, after washing my dad's car, i moved it out of the mud where i will rinse the tires for a perfect wash. Afterwards my bike is parked at the garage but i cant have access to it since pops car blocks it. So, if mum wants to send me early in the morning and doesnt want to wake dad, she would bring the keys to me and i will move the car out of the garage. She started secretly sending me with the car. It got to the point i will knock dad's door, ask for the keys and drive out the garage to wash or take my bike. All these, my dad never saw it himself bt was ok since i never left a scratch.

On the fateful day, my uncles were around and they were to travel with dad so dad brought me the keys to drive out and wash while he and uncles watched me for the very first time. I trembled but reversed well, on making the turn to park where am to wash, i let the clutch too fast, and throttle too hard while steering too slow. The result was i kissed the steps to the porch scratching the front bumper. I felt like the ground should open and i disappear in it or press pause and rewind so i can do better. it was too late but dad was consoled by mum. Today, dad borrows my car and begs me to go come drive him. The cycle is repeating as my very young sons use any round thing they can find as steering wheel. When they are of right height, i will give them lessons myself.

7 Likes

Re: What's The Most Embarrassing Thing That Has Ever Happened To You While Driving by arewatech(m): 5:01pm On Feb 12, 2017
One of those few boys with ride on the campus. Quite popular.

One evening, I carry some yarinyas for my ride. On our way to the school gate, smoke started coming through the vents. Before I park well fire has started in the hood already.

See the speed of light those babes use comot for the car.

Some guys assisted me put it off with minimal damage.

Tunda faya my electrician for the wacky connections and the relays he threw everywhere in my hood.

My cred died a natural death that day. Thank God I was in level 400 already.
Re: What's The Most Embarrassing Thing That Has Ever Happened To You While Driving by Trizyd(m): 7:23pm On Feb 12, 2017
I got drunk, and it wasn't OK to tell my mum I was, so she handed me the key, drove a few meters, got to a bend as I was about turning a bike man was waiting for me to go, I too was waiting for him, well, he moved first, I followed, we collided, the alcohol changed my brain, brake became the accelerator, I kept ramming the bike man... Thank God I didn't crush him on the road though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Embarrassing Thing That Has Ever Happened To You While Driving by LEMVEG(m): 7:47pm On Feb 12, 2017
not calculating my car lenght before negotiating a bend... u knw na the back tires were all over the culvert
Re: What's The Most Embarrassing Thing That Has Ever Happened To You While Driving by flashinglights: 8:56pm On Feb 12, 2017
Trizyd:
I got drunk, and it wasn't OK to tell my mum I was, so she handed me the key, drove a few meters, got to a bend as I was about turning a bike man was waiting for me to go, I too was waiting for him, well, he moved first, I followed, we collided, the alcohol changed my brain, brake became the accelerator, I kept ramming the bike man... Thank God I didn't crush him on the road though

grin grin
Re: What's The Most Embarrassing Thing That Has Ever Happened To You While Driving by mank1234(m): 8:02pm On May 12, 2017
Na d day wie road safety marshal say my headlamp no work for daytime. Me I come tell am say I no dey drive 4 nait cos I no dey see 4 nait.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Embarrassing Thing That Has Ever Happened To You While Driving by MistadeRegal(m): 8:29pm On Oct 14, 2017
kellystech:
Reached a U turn saw a man stranded cos of bow joint laughed at him turned my steering kpam! My own bow joint too

By the way na dat my stupid baby boy

Chai!
Instant karma.
Maybe you should have frowned instead or docile.
Re: What's The Most Embarrassing Thing That Has Ever Happened To You While Driving by MistadeRegal(m): 8:56pm On Oct 14, 2017
Drabeey:

This OP na na bad person walahi!

See wetin you go make me remember.

I Drabeey was en route Abeokuta from Lagos, everything was smooth till we got to Iyana ilogbo.

I Drabeey curse that backside sha... This lady back big pass olumo rock, walahi!

I Drabeey was so consumed with the frequency at which the yansh was moving, never knew I Drabeey was was close to a pick up, the next I Drabeey heard was a mild sound 'gbooa'...

I Drabeey just bashed OP mesa's HILUX.
Before I Drabeey could realize I Drabeey wasn't even the only one looking at the 'big behind'. Infact the soldiers were looking at me while I Drabeey was carried away. Abeg make I Drabeey no talk wetin von happen. grin grin grin

Drabeey was HERE

I reject reading your comment like it happened to me.
Bash soldiers' Hilux!
If it's police Hilux you'd know which station and your family will come bail yoU but if you enter barracks who will come for you?

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Embarrassing Thing That Has Ever Happened To You While Driving by MistadeRegal(m): 9:07pm On Oct 14, 2017
twilliamx:
One day i was driving on ikorodu road, na so i notice say one car they drive any how by my side, na so i commot hand for window come do WAKA, the next thing wey i see na say the car slowly pulled up by my side i come look inside the car, wetin i see nearly give me heart attack.
Three military men with red beret and feather for the beret, they told me to park and the rest is history...

Hehehe!!!
555 press-up like you're stainless steel.
3 cycling arrows for marathon push-up like you're recyclable material.
Next time before you'd do 'waka' you'd beg the driver to wind down and show you his ID Card.
Re: What's The Most Embarrassing Thing That Has Ever Happened To You While Driving by adanny01(m): 9:53pm On Oct 14, 2017
One day i was driving on the streets. One useless man ahead did me anyhow driving and was trying to park. As i prepared my five fingers to flash him "uwaka" sign for face, na so i see say na my father friend.

Na so i convert the five open uwaka fingers to five closed HI fingers smiling profusely.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Embarrassing Thing That Has Ever Happened To You While Driving by FrancisAdl(m): 12:07am On Oct 15, 2017
Danfuster:

Hnm!

Lol Abi o! Which road abeg??
Re: What's The Most Embarrassing Thing That Has Ever Happened To You While Driving by gidola(m): 5:01pm On Oct 15, 2017
hakwise:
I was driving on my way to Ikorodu Lagos..then I noticed something was smelling alas I suspected my brake pads had depleted it was my wife's car it was raining that day I was going jejely until I was at the back of a very slow car so I decided to over take the slow car only to face an on coming commercial bus.....I applied the brakes alas I had an head on collision....luckily I was using my seat belt no scratch ...when I got down the driver of the commercial bus had absconded....... only for me to call the police when they arrived...they asked me to pay for thier bike money.............you don't wanna know what happened next...
I actually want to know what happened
Re: What's The Most Embarrassing Thing That Has Ever Happened To You While Driving by cyborg123(m): 8:13pm On Oct 15, 2017
adanny01:
One day i was driving on the streets. One useless man ahead did me anyhow driving and was trying to park. As i prepared my five fingers to flash him "uwaka" sign for face, na so i see say na my father friend.

Na so i convert the five open uwaka fingers to five closed HI fingers smiling profusely.
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Camry 99 Thermostat Removal / How To Avoid Tire Blow-out By Pumping Right Pressure Into Your Tire /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.