Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,626 members, 7,823,757 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? (6927 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Which Book Really Teaches How To Build A Million Naira Business In Nigeria / Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by SamMilla1(m): 4:07pm On Aug 09, 2008
I was addicted to 'THE CONCUBINE' when i was very young.
It made a lot of impact on my young life.
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by MadMax1(f): 5:49pm On Aug 16, 2008
I have to hand it to The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen.R. Covey. And The Foolishness of God by Paul Aribisala. Both altered my realities for ever.
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by TheSly: 5:53pm On Aug 16, 2008
None has and none will. . . . . . . . . .Except of course the Bible! cool
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by Nella(f): 7:02pm On Aug 16, 2008
The Sly:

None has and none will. . . . . . . . . .Except of course the Bible! cool

As if he even reads!

@ topic

That would probably be : "homeless bird" and "sold!" ( minus Bible sha)
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by nawah1: 12:20pm On Aug 20, 2008
Fiction- Francine Rivers 'Redeeming Love'
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by kommy27(f): 4:14pm On Sep 06, 2008
The Holy Bible, Rich dad poor dad by Robert Kiyosaki, Gifted hands by Ben Carson and power of positive thinking by Norman Vincent Peal[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by bolaoni(m): 4:55pm On Sep 11, 2008
Well asides the holy Bible, I have lost count. I have been reading for years and I read books that impacts me.

May be I should list some anyway wink

1) Unleashing The Tremendous Potentials Within You By Bill Wayman (The First book that started the change process)

2) Think and Grow Rich By Napoleon Hill

3) Acres of Diamond by Russell Cornwell

4) The Magic Story

5) Who Moved My Cheese

6) Tough Time Never Last But Tough People Do

7) The Miracle of Motivation

cool Rich Dad, Poor Dad and hundreds of others wink
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by cokolet(f): 11:22pm On Sep 11, 2008
am not a fan of the bible i aint gonna lie, but my fave book (so far til i stumble on anoda bestseller)of all times will have to be 'the monk who sold his ferrari'by robin.s.sharma.i think evry person who needs the motivation an dsense of direction must read this book,its inspiring captivating and down rite lucid!
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by idupaul: 11:24pm On Sep 11, 2008
the google story
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by MP007(m): 8:27am On Sep 12, 2008
The Power of postive thinking
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by jummiee(f): 9:34pm On Sep 12, 2008
The Purpose driven life by Rick Warren, it's an incredible book
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 26, 2009
My classroom notes back when i was studying and brainstorms off meetings now
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by candidlily(f): 6:18am On Nov 27, 2009
Steppenwolf by Herman Hesse
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by naliakar: 1:08pm On Nov 27, 2009
With the exception of one poster, all the others are foreigners. How else would you be influenced by books written by foreigners at the expense of our own Nigerian writers? I thought I would read names such as
Fagunwa
Gabriel Okara
J.P Clark
Oluwole Soyinka
Chinua Achebe etc
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by jaybee3(m): 1:08pm On Nov 27, 2009
K Stroud
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2009
jay bee:

K Stroud

LWKMD! Engineering Maths
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by jaybee3(m): 3:31pm On Nov 27, 2009
anything wrong with that
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by Cristalz(f): 3:35pm On Nov 28, 2009
1)Long Walk To Freedom.  .  .  .  .Nelson Mandela

2)Hungry As The Sea.  .  .  .  .  .  .Wilbur Smith

3)All of James Hadley Chase's books impacted my life in some weird way. grin

That's it for now till I come across another (or others) that will displace the above.
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by seyenko(m): 8:11am On Dec 31, 2009
Not the entire book but portion of the bible - the book of Ecclesiastes and Proverbs. The words and saying of wise king Solomon
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by hermosa(f): 6:07am On Jan 02, 2010
The Alchemist- Paulo Coelho

1 Like

Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by hermosa(f): 6:10am On Jan 02, 2010
I was addicted to 'THE CONCUBINE' when i was very young.
It made a lot of impact on my young life.

love the Concubine too. just like u, i was strangely addicted to it.
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by mamagee3(f): 1:32am On Jan 29, 2010
The Diligent Children.
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by Gamine(f): 9:15am On Jan 29, 2010
In recent times, The meme machine
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by walan(m): 5:59pm On May 25, 2010
You have read his book [Rich Dad, Poor Dad, Cash Flow Quadrant]. Have you tried to play his games: CASHFLOW101&202: The E-games
Call: 08060235195
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by Nenum(m): 1:23am On May 26, 2010
The Odessa File
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by revomind(m): 9:58pm On Oct 08, 2010
The Famished Road by Ben Okri.

48 laws of Power by Green

The Animal Farm by George Orwell

War without end by Anton La Guardia

Rich Dad Poor Dad by Kiyosaki.

There's one Dean Koontz book, Can't remember the name. Easily the funniest book I've read, There are a lot I can't remember now.
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by Freddgreat(m): 12:22pm On Dec 15, 2015
Cather in the rye by J.D Salinger

(1) (2) (Reply)

Heart Of An Angel / Too Hard To Love (18+) / ABDUCTED - A Romance Thriller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.