Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Tupac Song Selected For Vatican Playlist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tupac Song Selected For Vatican Playlist (643 Views)

“jesus Not Coming Back By The Looks Of It” Admits Vatican / Vatican Official Condemns Maynard Assisted Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tupac Song Selected For Vatican Playlist by smile11s(m): 9:58pm On Dec 05, 2009
-- Music from late rapper Tupac Shakur has been included as part of the Vatican's official MySpace Music playlist.

The seat of the Catholic Church released a list of 12 songs onto the social networking Web site's streaming music service this week when the site launched in the United Kingdom.

Among selections from Mozart, Muse and Dame Shirley Bassey is the slain rapper's song "Changes," which was released two years after his shooting death on a greatest hits album in 1998.

"The genres are very different from each other, but all these artists share the aim to reach the heart of good minded people," the Vatican wrote on its official MySpace Music page.

The lyrics of "Changes" describe Shakur's desire to change a grim life of drugs, crime and violence on the streets.

Lyrics of the song, which is labeled as "explicit," include 'Is life worth living, should I blast myself?" "Give the crack to the kids, who the hell cares, one less hungry mouth on the welfare," and "My stomach hurts, so I'm looking for a purse to snatch."

At another point, Tupac sings: "Cause both black and white are smokin' crack tonight."

In contrast, the playlist also contains selections from the album "Music of the Vatican" such as "Advocata Nostra" and "Causa Nostrae Laetitiae."

smile4kenn y..com
Re: Tupac Song Selected For Vatican Playlist by Reasonably(m): 4:02pm On Dec 06, 2009
Pac was never @ home with the catholic faith, rather he dissed em and the other xtians in Blasphemy,
"The preacher want me buried why? Cause I know he a liar
Have you ever seen a crackhead, that's eternal fire
Why you got these kids minds, thinkin that they evil
while the preacher bein richer you say honor God's people
Should we cry, when the Pope die, my request
We should cry if they cried when we buried Malcolm X"

"Love for dem dat steal in the name of da Lord
Dem a tell nuff lie but holdin my bird in a cloud
Usin de name of de Lord in vein
While de people in de ghetto, feel nuff pain", etc
Re: Tupac Song Selected For Vatican Playlist by smile11s(m): 11:23pm On Dec 08, 2009
Reasonably:

Pac was never @ home with the catholic faith, rather he dissed em and the other xtians in Blasphemy,
"The preacher want me buried why? Cause I know he a liar
Have you ever seen a crackhead, that's eternal fire
Why you got these kids minds, thinkin that they evil
while the preacher bein richer you say honor God's people
Should we cry, when the Pope die, my request
We should cry if they cried when we buried Malcolm X"

"Love for dem dat steal in the name of da Lord
Dem a tell nuff lie but holdin my bird in a cloud
Usin de name of de Lord in vein
While de people in de ghetto, feel nuff pain", etc

But the Vatican is not promoting pac's life but the lyrics of the song
Re: Tupac Song Selected For Vatican Playlist by Reasonably(m): 8:03am On Dec 09, 2009
iite!

(1) (Reply)

Angels Are Real,put Them To Work / Vatican Set To Publish New Rules On Abuse (child Abuse By Catholic Priests) / First Part - The Mystery Of Creation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.