Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,495 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Appeal Court Pulls The Rug From Under Soludo: Ngige or Soludo?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Pulls The Rug From Under Soludo: Ngige or Soludo?? (734 Views)

Poll: Who do you prefer to be Governor in Anambra State**Ngige or Soludo??

Ngige: 33% (2 votes)
Soludo: 66% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Atiku Abubakar At Emir Sanusi's Palace, Sits Down On The Rug (photo) / Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal Court Pulls The Rug From Under Soludo: Ngige or Soludo?? by danexd(m): 10:04pm On Dec 05, 2009
I will use this thread to also say my opinion in respect to the thread started

by aloy~Emeka but was locked by the admin before i could come in.
Soludo is intelligent, educated and smart no doubt***I am convinced you

don't need a professional to do a good job in public office.**my take, that

Soludo worked well as CBN Governor does not mean he can perform as a
state Governor in Anambra state.
Soludo coming out for the governorship position in Anambra  state at this
time is badly timed and ill advised, for me it is an insatiable urge for power
usually possessed by those who have tested it***and a desperate attempt
by the PDP to recaputure Anambra state.
It will be unfair for me to call him a thief but i must say that there are so
many unanswered questions surrounding his candidacy and the money he
is throwing around.
as someone rightly quoted before****“By doubting we come to question,
and by questioning, we perceive the truth.” (Peter Abelard, 1079-1142)

Lets us then look at his strong opposition which is Ngige****any political
minded person heard, knew or saw what happened in Anambra state during
his time but one thing i want to point out was to that the man heard to make a choice***
1st Choice was to loot Anambra state tresuery,thereby making some people like Chris Uba rich and making himsel richer becuase he is the one in charge of the *money* he will also be working in a condusive environment to the detriment of Anambra State People
2nd Choice***to disobey his God-father, make less money for himself and  work for the *betterment* of Anambra state people

He choose the second option, I respect Prof. Charles Soludo but Ngige is my man for Anambra state Governorship, and the people of Anambra state knows it, vox populi vox Dei
Let your conscience be the judge,
Re: Appeal Court Pulls The Rug From Under Soludo: Ngige or Soludo?? by danexd(m): 10:09pm On Dec 05, 2009
By Festus Owete

December 4, 2009 07:36PMT
Print print Email email Share Share

The Court of Appeal sitting in Abuja has ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission to disregard the candidacy of Chukwuma Soludo of the Peoples Democratic Party in the February 2010 Anambra State governorship election.

This followed an application brought by two other aspirants on the platform of the party, Valentine Ozigbo and Victoria Nwankwo. Both asked the court to stop Mr. Soludo from parading himself as the party’s candidate.

Status quo, please

Justice Mary Odili, who gave the order, asked the parties to maintain the status quo ante bellum. Going by the order, none of the candidates should carry out further activities.

Mrs. Odili, while giving the ruling said: “We are not unaware of the essence of time in this appeal, hence the court fixed December 14, 2009 in order for the Peoples Democratic Party to respond to the pending motion so that the matter would progress.”

The national legal adviser of the Party, Olusola Oke, had asked the appellate court to oral application made by the appellants, saying he was not served.

“I am yet to see even the page one of the motion,” he said, praying the court to adjourn the suit to enable the party respond appropriately.

Mr. Oke also asked that the application be thrown out since the appellants did not provide any material evidence to support their prayers.

‘Engine of oppression’

Counsel to Mr. Soludo Patrick Ikwueto argued that granting the application would be the same as granting the order sought in the main appeal.

He said the court should not to be allowed to be used as an “engine of oppression and hardship in stopping a process of democratic governance.”

Counsel to the commission Amaechi Nwaiwu said the commission “is an independent party in this matter and that granting or refusing any application is at the discretion of the court.”

The Soludo Campaign Organisation, however, said the ruling was not likely to affect his candidature.

A statement signed by the director of media and communications for the campaign, Christian Udechukwu, said: “The Supreme Court had ruled in the case of Senator Hosiah Ehinlawo Vs Chief Olusola Oke on Friday, 27th April 2008 that the judiciary should not interfere in how political parties decide their candidates. The Nigerian constitution also protects the rights of individuals to free association and the rights of political parties to elect, nominate and or appoint their candidates for public elections. The rights of PDP flag bearers Soludo/Anosike is guaranteed under the law.”

source
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5491872-146/story.csp

Re: Appeal Court Pulls The Rug From Under Soludo: Ngige or Soludo?? by chidichris(m): 10:25pm On Dec 05, 2009
i am seeing the 2007 gubernitorial election drama in imo state been replayed over there in anambra.
i mentioned that earlier on somewhere in this forum.
the monster(obj) have said it and so shall it be so if by mistake soludo was denied the pdp ticket, the monster will show in anambra to tell the people that pdp is no longer interested in the election.
i am not inetersted in the goodness of soludo or whosoever is coming to rule anambra, rather my concern is whose interests are u coming for? the people or obasanjo.
go to the poll and prove urself and stop depending on the anointments of obasanjo who has destroyed nigeria and the hard fought democracy.
look at the electorial systems in the country since 1999, one will easily accept the fact that we are operating a democracy that is more brutal than a millitary system.
where is the fate of this country. this is 10 solid years of pdp leadership with no single institution in place. every decission is made by a single man. even in the millitary, there is a millitary council but today, we only have a govt of obasanjo, by obasanjo and for obasanjo.
how long are we going to depend on the wisdom and decission of a single old fool to run a country of over 150 million people. statesmen like mandella are valid even outside their countries but what do we have here, a man who is too dirty to be called a father. a morrally dead that he could sleep with his own daughter inlaw.
nigerians, what is there to learn from such a lessthan human being? i lost my respect for soludo that day he made himselve available for obasanjo dangerious games.
Re: Appeal Court Pulls The Rug From Under Soludo: Ngige or Soludo?? by Afam(m): 4:51am On Dec 06, 2009
chidichris:

i am seeing the 2007 gubernitorial election drama in imo state been replayed over there in anambra.
i mentioned that earlier on somewhere in this forum.
the monster(obj) have said it and so shall it be so if by mistake soludo was denied the pdp ticket, the monster will show in anambra to tell the people that pdp is no longer interested in the election.
i am not inetersted in the goodness of soludo or whosoever is coming to rule anambra, rather my concern is whose interests are u coming for? the people or obasanjo.
go to the poll and prove urself and stop depending on the anointments of obasanjo who has destroyed nigeria and the hard fought democracy.
look at the electorial systems in the country since 1999, one will easily accept the fact that we are operating a democracy that is more brutal than a millitary system.
where is the fate of this country. this is 10 solid years of pdp leadership with no single institution in place. every decission is made by a single man. even in the millitary, there is a millitary council but today, we only have a govt of obasanjo, by obasanjo and for obasanjo.
how long are we going to depend on the wisdom and decission of a single old fool to run a country of over 150 million people. statesmen like mandella are valid even outside their countries but what do we have here, a man who is too dirty to be called a father. a morrally dead that he could sleep with his own daughter inlaw.
nigerians, what is there to learn from such a lessthan human being? i lost my respect for soludo that day he made himselve available for obasanjo dangerious games.

Can someone remind this guy that we have a man called Yar'adua that is the president of Nigeria since 2007?
Re: Appeal Court Pulls The Rug From Under Soludo: Ngige or Soludo?? by danexd(m): 10:41am On Dec 06, 2009
Afam:

Can someone remind this guy that we have a man called Yar'adua that is the president of Nigeria since 2007?
Maybe he is saying that OBJ is still the man behind the mask*****though that is for him to confirm.
Re: Appeal Court Pulls The Rug From Under Soludo: Ngige or Soludo?? by onyengbu1(m): 11:52am On Dec 06, 2009
Chidichris,
map is to becomrich what obasanjo is to you.
Just like becomrich will use map to prove anything, you use obasanjo to prove everything.
Have you ever posted a single thread on nairaland without mentioning obasanjo.
It is now an obsession and very irritating.

(1) (Reply)

Cbn Governor, Sanusi's Wake-up Call For Nigerians! / ‘I Use Livestock Farming As Cover , I’m A Robber’ / Fashola To Be Impeached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.