Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Yar' Adua And The Prayer Warriors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar' Adua And The Prayer Warriors (600 Views)

Adamawa To Spend N200 Million On Prayer Warriors, Vigilante To Curb Boko Haram / President Buhari Besieged By Crowd At The Prayer Ground Today (photos) / The Internet, Nigeria Newspaper, Oga Yar Adua And Sss Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar' Adua And The Prayer Warriors by walata44(m): 10:57pm On Dec 05, 2009
By Reuben Abati

OUR Father who art in Heaven, Please do not forsake your children at this trying moment in the life of our Nation, "

"What's going on?"

"Our Lord and our Father, Everlasting Grace of Ages, you delivered Daniel from the lion's Den, you saved Isaac from the butcher's long knife, "

"Hello o, o, o ?"

"I call upon the Holy Covenant, for whoever believes in your beloved Son, our Lord Jesus Christ shall have eternal Salvation. Father, unfold now upon this nation, your Wings of Grace, your wings of Redemption, your shadow of Salvation, "

"Are you alright?"

"I am trying to get across to God. Have you not heard? They say we should pray. Pray for President Umaru Yar'Adua, Holy Ghost Fire , shabbarara h bababa "

"Who said so?"

"Political leaders. Religious leaders. The PDP. The other day, there was a request on the floor of the Senate asking that the Senators should have a special prayer session for President Yar'Adua."

"Pastor David Mark turning the Senate Chamber into a church. The Senate President wants the Catholic Novena prayer. I know. Has anyone also declared a period of fasting, in addition to the inter-denominational prayer session that the PDP is proposing? Or do you think they will give us public holiday for the prayers? "

"Don't be heartless. I have nothing against prayers. And the Bible says, "

"Don't bother. I know what the Bible says."

"Then, shall we pray together?"

"For Nigeria?"

"For President Yar'Adua. Well. Both."

"You know something?"

"What?"

"You know Nigerians like to create a circus out of everything. And that is what they are beginning to do with President Yar'Adua's ill-health. I am a scientist. I like to face the facts. The President is ill. He is in a critical condition. Nigeria must organize itself. We must use this opportunity to strategise for the future and possible developments. "

"Science is not God. Are you God? The God that I worship is the God of miracles."

"Fine. So, since you are now Yar'Adua's spiritual prayer warrior, why don't you ask all these our Pastors and Prophets who claim to have the power of the Word, and a direct phone line to God, to come together and cure the President of his ailment?"

"Beware of blasphemy."

"Talking seriously. How about taking this matter to Pastor Temitope Joshua for example? When the President of Ghana had a health problem, he solved it. A former President of Zambia is also his parishioner; he cured the man. The Pastor also helped Ghana to win the U-20 World Cup; he said so. A moment like this calls for patriotism. I am surprised that all you prayer warriors have not deemed it necessary to ask the Pentecostal body of Christ to cast out all demons that may be troubling Nigeria at this critical hour. Charity should begin at home."

"May God forgive you."

"I am a pragmatist. To tell you the truth, I share the view that the President should resign."

"You know, asking the Commander-in-Chief to resign from office is actually a treasonable felony."

"I plead the First Amendment."

"You are in Nigeria, Mr. Scientist."

"Section 39 of the 1999 Constitution, then."

"Just be careful."

"What are you saying? Are you trying to suggest that those 55 Nigerians who signed a statement asking President Yar'Adua to step down and save the country from this uncertainty, this drift, will be charged for treasonable felony? That will be the day."

"The country started drifting long before President Yar'Adua took over. And mind you that statement has been disowned by many of the persons whose names appeared on it."

"No matter. Yar'Adua has become the issue, he has made the national drift worse. And now the country is about to collapse. You better forget this thing about prayers and let's discuss Nigeria. We are in serious trouble."

"But be realistic. You are a scientist or so you claim. I am a student of power. You must know that President Yar'Adua will not resign."

"I know. It's better to die in office and get a state burial. But where does that leave Nigeria?"

"You are so cold-blooded. Nigeria. Nigeria. Nigeria. Is this your Nigeria not made up of human beings? And is the President not one of us? We all voted for him, didn't we?"

"Hey, speak for yourself."

"The Federal Executive Council has already told us that all is well, and that government is running smoothly."

"Now, using the platform of the FEC to tell lies - that is what I call treasonable felony."

"There are just too many bad persons in this country. I can't imagine how President Yar'Adua will be feeling now."

"Okay, look at it this way. Let us imagine that you are the one suffering from acute pericarditis, "

"I reject it in Jesus name."

"What's wrong with you? This is only a hypothesis. Suppose you have complications, "

"It is you that will have complications. Look, stop pointing in my direction. I am covered by the blood of Jesus."

"Okay. I rest my case. You see now? When Nigerians are confused, that is when they begin to hide under the umbrella of prayers. But let's be realistic. We should start thinking ahead. Even if the President returns to Nigeria tomorrow, he'd be on bed rest most of the time. That is why I am in support of the open debate of his condition. Nigerians must be free to discuss their own future. At least, one point is now settled in the public domain."

"Which is?"

"The Jonathan Goodluck issue."

"No comment. Although I noticed that the man is now wearing Northern Nigeria caps. He wore it two days ago."

"What does it matter?"

"I am just observant. At a time like this, we must pay attention to the minutest detail."

"It doesn't matter. I am on the side of those who believe that if the occasion arises, we must test the will of the North."

"Be careful. The last time the will of the North was tested was in January 1966."

"You don't know your history."

"Please, can we change this subject? Let the Will of our Father who art in Heaven, be done."

"I think it is a national tragedy that this is how every important subject in Nigeria ends. We claim to run a democracy, but in the end, we are mostly theocrats."

"Okay. If you are opposed to God's Will, is it your own Will that Nigeria must obey?"

"And what is my will?"

"You tell me."

"Let's leave the matter. In Nigeria, we always like to postpone the truth. We postponed the truth on the Niger Delta, but eventually it caught up with us. So let it be."

"I don't know whether you saw the story about the Oba of Benin and the Benin Airport."

"I read it. Uku Akpolokpolor says the Royal Family is being disturbed by the endless noise of aircraft flying over the Palace. He wants the Airport moved."

"I support him."

"Because he is the Oba? How about ordinary people across Nigeria who share fences with airports? I have a friend who lives in Akowonjo. If you are in his bedroom, you can actually stretch your hand and touch an aircraft as it descends into the airport."

"But that is not right?"

"So what does the Oba want? He wants every approaching aircraft to switch off their engines as they fly over the palace?"

"No. The Oba is talking about an urban planning crisis. He wants the authorities to change the flight route by diverting aircraft away from his palace."

"How about moving the palace itself?"

"Not your fault. This is the kind of contempt that democracy allows. The Oba is the owner of the land. You think the Benin Palace is one of those palaces in other towns which have since relocated to the GRA?"

"I don't like the idea of the Oba talking about himself and his family. He should have spoken for the people, for the community. The truth is that Nigeria is generally, a noisy country. Every day, we have to deal with so much noise. We are almost going deaf. Have you not noticed that most Nigerians shout when they talk?"

"The Oba's opinion should be respected. If this were the 19th Century in the days of Oba Ovonranwen, you know what could happen?"

"I think you are confused like all Nigerians. Now, you are a Pastor. The next minute, you are a monarchist, defending ancient norms."

"All I know is that the Oba has a point."

"All I know is that anything anybody in power says, you defend it. It is people like you are the enemies of Nigeria."

"I can empathise with the Oba. Look, he is complaining about noise. In my own case, I deal everyday with both noise and insomnia. When I am on the road, the bedlam on every road gets on my nerves. When I get home, the sound of generators robs me of sleep. At least twice before daybreak, I have to wake up to switch the power gear between PHCN supply and the generator."

"But just now, you were defending the Federal Executive Council, and the Ministers who claim that all is well in Nigeria?"

"I am strengthened by faith".

"Well, some people can't take it so they turn their anger on society. Like that policeman at the Oni Memorial Children's Hospital, Ibadan who was told that his daughter had died of severe malaria and he turned on other people's children in the ward, trying to kill them".

"A case of temporary insanity. He has been dismissed from the Police Force."

"But he threatened that if he had a gun, he would have killed".

"I blame the hospital management. Knowing that his daughter had died; in fact the second child he'd lose within two weeks, they should have been more careful breaking the news to him. He should have been counselled. But in many of our hospitals, the medical personnel are terribly callous. They have no human feelings".

"A policeman."

"It is not only policemen who are frustrated in Nigeria".

"Precisely my point. This country makes me sick. It makes you sick".

"I reject it in Jesus name. I am strong".

"Strong. Come to think of it, that is a terribly misused word in Nigeria. I know many Nigerians who will never used the word-sick, or ill, or indisposed. When you hear: I am strong, it actually means I am ill. We are a nation of sick people who will never admit it. So, you see why the Federal Government will forever insist that the President is strong?"

"Na you sabi".

"Are you aware that after the Ibadan incident, another policeman in Mashimari Barracks, Maiduguri, killed his wife and used the same AK-47, his official rifle, to kill himself, over a disagreement?"

"Two policemen going berserk within a week. The Inspector-General of Police should authorize psychiatric tests for every policeman in this country".

"I'd recommend the test for every Nigerian".

"Starting with you".

"Yeah. Why not? And you too, of course".

"I reject it in Jesus name. I am sanctified by His Blood."

"Only God knows how many things you people reject in a day. That is why the country is the way it is; the truth is rejected all the time."
Re: Yar' Adua And The Prayer Warriors by tanimz(f): 11:00pm On Dec 05, 2009
This post long no be small!!
Re: Yar' Adua And The Prayer Warriors by Kobojunkie: 12:38am On Dec 06, 2009
Roflmao!!! I can relate!!! I have had similar DISTURBING conversations with too many Nigerians, both abroad and at home myself. I get more, and more disgusting each time!

@Poster just so you know, I happen to be a BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN myself. Please do not for once believe that a christian LOSES the ability to REASON, AND MAKE WELL INFORMED DECISIONS, the minute he/she becomes a BORN AGAIN or GETS GOD. That is a MYTH !!! Christians actually are REQUIRED to use their God given BRAINS when making decisions.

Also

a) One Christian cannot KNOW the will of God for another PERSON OR Christian except the PERSON reveals it to him/her ( it is in the bible)

b) Christians are called to RESPECT their leaders, but also to STAND AGAINST them ( in respect) when they go wrong. Christians are not called to WORSHIP those in office which is what we see your friend doing here. We see examples of that in the book of Samuel, Jeremiah, Ezekiel etc

Just FYI!

c)
Re: Yar' Adua And The Prayer Warriors by Tayoskey: 1:15pm On Dec 08, 2009
David Mark & His Band Of Prayer Warriors
While I will not rejoice at another man's ill health, I however disagree that Yaradua and his band of thieving cohort deserve our prayers, remember how his wife, Turai and the Minister of Mis-Information aggressively attacked and desperately tried to discredit the World Health Organization’s report indicating Nigeria as one of the countries with highest maternal & infant mortality in the world? To Yaradua’s administration and its attack dogs, those death were mere statistics, they are not real human lives, now the chicken has come home to roost, the same Yaradua who desperately shielded corrupt politician/public officials that largely ran down our public health institutions expects our prayers for a quick recovery in a foreign hospital. It is indeed shameful that Yaradua could not build a decent hospital while governing Katsina State, neither did he deemed it fit to equip the one in Abuja since he became President of the nation, what happens to millions of children dying of preventable diseases like Malaria, Typhoid, Malnutrition, Marasmus, Cholera, River Blindness e.t.c. who prays for their grieving parents? What about daily deaths on our roads and others caused by infrastructural neglect? I keep asking myself these questions about Yaradua; of what benefit is his presidency to the Nigerian state? Poverty rate is soaring, corruption is waxing stronger again & the rule of law is failing drastically. I will certainly not curse Yaradua, but I have one prayer point for him and others who have held Nigerians hostage through mismanagement of our resources 'MAY GOD JUDGE HIM ACCORDING TO THE WORK OF HIS HANDS ON HIS CURRENT ILLNESS’. That is my prayer, after all we are asked to pray for him. Barber (1972) defines five metrics of a president's performance. (a)The contemporary power situation (b) Climate of expectations. (c) Political style (d) Worldview & (e) Character. Does Yaradua score up to 40% in a fair and objective assessment?
Re: Yar' Adua And The Prayer Warriors by AndreUweh(m): 12:05am On Dec 09, 2009
I join the prayer warriors in prayers for the healing of Nigerian leader.

(1) (Reply)

Pray For Your Leaders! / A New Republic / A Week In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.