Stats: 3,165,883 members, 7,862,993 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:20 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. (61688 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by v3: 10:32am On Feb 03, 2010
God dey for that match sha, could dis be the season DK,Chamo,Ibime, Sauron n co stick their heads in sand?

Sunday's almost here. . .

Where in God's green earth is Muki (Our chapel admin)? cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by A40(m): 10:43am On Feb 03, 2010
I hope Wenger and his troops watched that Chelsea vs Hull game over and over again like 'AVATAR'. Wenger & his troops should be damned if they don't pick at least a point at the Bridge

@Debosky
Eduardo deserves any bashing he gets! 5 goals is unacceptable for a striker with his experience! Do you realize he has only scored two more than Aaron Ramsey? AA23 is not even a striker yet Wenger keeps playing him there lets not even get into the sitters Eduardo has missed all season

If not for lack of depth Song had no business in the Utd game in the first place. He was far better than Denilson sef upon that

Cesc was average in the game cos his midfield compadres where average, Cesc thrives when his midfield partners are playing their position and doing some load balancing that way he is able to focus on those Quarterback passes and not becoming an auxilliary defensive midfielder although i'd be honest to admit that aside Denilson. Rosicky & Nasri where uber-poor that evening Nasri has not impressed this season at all! Aside the game at Pompey and our home UCL ties

Lastly i'd like you to name any one or two big four clashes that Denilson has excelled in because he's really been poor in all the ones i have seen this season

@Nateevs
Sorry i forgot to add K.C Stadium to the list of potential stumbling blocks. All your greasy talk has been archived in ma log and i would retrieve them like a Flashback Query if y'all don't match your slick talk on Saturday with a win
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 11:15am On Feb 03, 2010
allboyz:

let the thread for the macth btw Chelsea and Arsenal begin now and let mi make ma predos. . .

hints - AA23 + FAB4 to get at least a goal each!. . . .3 points so very sure at the Bridge!!!

When are you ever going to learn with your moronic predos?

allboyz:

Arsenal last season is not as this season!!

very tight game but i see a 3 - 1 over the MANURES!!!

FAB4
AA23
SOL
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by debosky(m): 12:14pm On Feb 03, 2010
Arsenal To Sign Pre-Contract Agreement with 19 year old Montenegrin CB.

There were offers from Tottenham and Birmingham City, but once a call came from Arsenal, I had no more doubts. A pre-contract will be signed on Thursday and then I will return to Belgrade and join BSK for their preparations. I will be staying with BSK until May.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1247999/Hot-prospect-Stefan-Savic-claims-shunned-Tottenham-sign-pre-contract-deal-Arsenal.html

Let's hope it actually works out.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by slimshay(m): 12:42pm On Feb 03, 2010
'Once a call came from Arsenal I had no more doubts'. . . . .good lad!!! cool

A-40 please free the mancs performance. 'On to the next one' eh?. . . . wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by A40(m): 1:34pm On Feb 03, 2010
Good grief!! Not another minor! Can't this dude admit his pet project has failed already?

@Slimshay
Ol boi leave story for Puff Daddy. Judging from our antecedents in the last three seasons show we dont bounce back well from crushing defeats against our rivals. First in 07/08 it was 4-0 in the FA Cup at Ojoro Trafford that started a winless run and then UCL knockout by the Scousers followed by another loss at Ojoro Trafford and then 4 losses in two weeks last season against Chelsea and Manure. Then the deuce of losses at Manchester this season! How many losses did i count there? 9! Abeg i can't drum on it hard enough we have to avoid an Encore by any means necessary
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by slimshay(m): 1:36pm On Feb 03, 2010
And how does harshing on defeats help to prepare for the next game?!! make we move on abeg.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by debosky(m): 1:39pm On Feb 03, 2010
A-40:

Good grief!! Not another minor! Can't this dude admit his pet project has failed already?

@Slimshay
Ol boi leave story for Puff Daddy. Judging from our antecedents in the last three seasons [b]show we dont bounce back well from crushing defeats against our rivals. [/b]First in 07/08 it was 4-0 in the FA Cup at Ojoro Trafford that started a winless run and then UCL knockout by the Scousers followed by another loss at Ojoro Trafford and then 4 losses in two weeks last season against Chelsea and Manure. Then the deuce of losses at Manchester this season! How many losses did i count there? 9! Abeg i can't drum on it hard enough we have to avoid an Encore by any means necessary

3-0 against Chelski led to a 10 game unbeaten run with 7 wins and 3 draws. If that isn't bouncing back I don't know what is.

Regarding the boy, I'll agree with the buy - we need young CBs given the issues with Djourou and Senderos. Young players coming in are very necessary.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by A40(m): 2:04pm On Feb 03, 2010
@Debosky
Yeah it is bouncing back but you would agree that the previous concurrent losses highlight a pattern that our players usually let their heads drop at the business end of the season after any loss! we are hoping this is another exception but there is still need for reality checks

Are there no decent defenders between the ages of 21-25 he could buy and we could utilize for the first team? What if Gallas and Verm are unavailable say for the UCL at the Dragao against Porto how comfortable would you be with a Sol/Silvestre Joint Venture?? Havard Nordtveit has been at Arsenal for 3-4 seasons now with no sign of breaking into the first team never mind performing well there these things have a way of indicting Wenger's so-called policy especially with this trophyless chip on his shoulder thats starting to feel like a brick or a boulder
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by A40(m): 2:11pm On Feb 03, 2010
@Slimshay
You learn more in defeat than victory, Lemme harp on the defeat and lets point out the errors so they can be avoided and we can all smile later. Reality check is good for the soul
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by v3: 2:28pm On Feb 03, 2010
Hmmm. . SAF shocked

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by nateevs(m): 2:50pm On Feb 03, 2010
A-40:

I hope Wenger and his troops watched that Chelsea vs Hull game over and over again like 'AVATAR'. Wenger & his troops should be damned if they don't pick at least a point at the Bridge

@Nateevs
Sorry i forgot to add K.C Stadium to the list of potential stumbling blocks. All your greasy talk has been archived in ma log and i would retrieve them like a Flashback Query if y'all don't match your slick talk on Saturday with a win

And on which list do you put the disgraceful 3-1 loss "AT HOME" to title rivals Utd. .
If you like watch Chelsea V Hull over and over again, it doesn't change anything.

Did you forget to watch Chelsea V Wigan before the trouncing at the Emirates? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by A40(m): 2:57pm On Feb 03, 2010
@Nateevs
There is no shame in losing 3-1 to United they have been the best team in England for three years running. Extra pts are not awarded for away victories so don't buss a nut just yet! All i would say is your greasy talk has been archived should you fail to walk your talk over the weekend
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by nateevs(m): 3:25pm On Feb 03, 2010
This is how disgraceful your beloved has become.
One week ago you guys were ejecting becos you led the table for a minute.
Fellas like V3 and mumuface were telling us how winning the prem is very possible.

Fast forward to 2 O' clock today. . . "There's no shame in losing 3-1 to Utd."
Can you imagine such bullcrap?

Extra points are not awarded for away games so it's convenient to settle for 0pts.
There's always something new on here. Always.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by chic2pimp(m): 3:59pm On Feb 03, 2010
A-40:

@Slimshay
Ol boi leave story for Puff Daddy. Judging from our antecedents in the last three seasons show we dont bounce back well from crushing defeats against our rivals. First in 07/08 it was 4-0 in the FA Cup at Ojoro Trafford that started a winless run and then UCL knockout by the Scousers followed by another loss at Ojoro Trafford and then 4 losses in two weeks last season against Chelsea and Manure. Then the deuce of losses at Manchester this season! How many losses did i count there? 9! Abeg i can't drum on it hard enough we have to avoid an Encore by any means necessary
Did you really expext any better? undecided
Wengay is fully fledged paedo hence his preference for the Young uns.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by mystikal(m): 4:04pm On Feb 03, 2010
chic2pimp:

Did you really expext any better? undecided
Wengay is fully fledged paedo hence his preference for the Young uns.

yawns!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by SirKay3(m): 4:23pm On Feb 03, 2010
@ All,

I found this piece somewhere, sure you must have read it. Sauron, debosky, Dr Kit & others, what are your views.

Arsenal Comment:
Five Radical Changes Arsene Wenger Must Make To Stay In The Title Race
Goal.com/en-gb/teams/england/97/man-utd">

To lose to Manchester United is one thing. To lose in the spineless manner that 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
PrintTo lose to Manchester United is one thing. To lose in the spineless manner that Arsenal did last weekend, another.

If Arsenal are to keep their title hopes alive, they need a result against Chelsea on Saturday. Not only to get points on the board, but to prove to themselves that they have what it takes to be champions.

Belief seems to melt away from this Arsenal side when confronted by the big boys. Since last season’s Champions League semi-final when they went out to Manchester United without a bang, there has been plenty of whimpering - not least when Chelsea brushed aside the Gunners last time they met in a humiliating 3-0 defeat at the Emirates.

If Saturday’s game and the season's remainder are to be less painful for Arsenal, then Arsene Wenger needs to make some tough decisions.

He may want to start here…

1. PLAN B (FOR BENDTNER)

Three seasons ago, Arsenal were criticised for having no Plan B. Then Adebayor changed all that. His muscular presence in attack meant the Gunners were able to add a direct dimension to their game.

Without a target man, however, Arsenal are once again becoming too predictable. Nicklas Bendtner may not have ability of the Togolese, but there’s enough goals in the rest of the team to make up for his shortcomings.

Against Chelsea, the burly Dane could prove crucial when it comes to the physical battle. Last time around, with Arshavin spearheading the attack, John Terry and his defensive colleagues enjoyed a leisurely afternoon. But utilise Bendtner correctly and the whole side would benefit. Not least, the little Russian, who could go back to doing what he does best: terrorising defences with the ball at his feet.

2. GIVE THEM THE HAIRDRYER TREATMENT

It worked at half-time against Liverpool, so why not try it again, Arsene? Perhaps it’s not the Frenchman’s style, but then again, perhaps these players aren’t quite the self-starters he once had them pegged for.

In the first 45 minutes at Anfield, they displayed the same lacklustre approach as they did against United last weekend. On that occasion, Wenger - who rarely says more than a few choice words in the dressing room - launched into a half-time tirade. The result? Arsenal went from being 1-0 down to winning the game 2-1.

It appears that a good old-fashioned rollocking still works. If Arsenal are to win the title then Wenger must not forget to pack his hairdryer for Stamford Bridge.

3. ALMUNIA OUT, FABIANSKI IN

Almunia has long been a joke for non-Arsenal fans; the hapless 'Spanish waiter' who dreams of playing for England. But Gunners fans were happy to take the jibes last season while their bleached blond No.1 quietly put together a string of credible performances.

This term, however, Manuel is looking faulty again. The side have managed only eight clean sheets all season – that’s less than Birmingham. Much of this is down to the keeper and the lack of faith his team-mates seem to have in him. (Rumours have it that he and William Gallas don’t see eye to eye – but then again, it doesn’t take much to fall out with the fiery Frenchman.)

Lucasz Fabianski hasn’t exactly proved faultless so far but a run in the team, starting with the game against Chelsea, would at least see Wenger prove to the fans he is still trying to change things for the better.

4. CLICHY OUT, CAMPBELL IN

Everyone’s entitled to one stinker, but Clichy making Nani look like Cristiano Ronaldo at the weekend was not his first offence since returning from injury.

Wenger has always believed in playing his charges into form, but if he continues to do so at the expense of results, it will cost the Gunners the title.

In the absence of the crocked Kieran Gibbs, Armand Traore isn’t the safest option at fullback - but William Gallas is. The veteran defender may not like being shunted out wide, but he’s quick and mobile enough to see off the advances of Joe Cole and Florent Malouda. More significantly, if there’s one Arsenal centre-back capable of handling Drogba’s wrecking-ball approach, it’s fellow heavyweight Sol Campbell.

5. BRING NASTY BACK

Their bid for the title may have hit shaky ground, but there’s still one table that Arsenal are close to topping: the Fair Play League. Nice guys Fulham are top, while Chelsea and Manchester United wallow in fifth and ninth spot.

Of course, such gentlemanly conduct must be applauded, but Gunners fans must begin to wonder what is lost from a team that receives so few cautions. After all, it wasn’t so long ago that Vieira and Petit snarled the North London side to so much silverware.

English football may have, to some degree, followed in the non-contact ways of the continent since the late 1990s, but Wenger’s current side are ahead of the curve - and right now it is to their disadvantage. The truth is, that a juicy tackle here and there to strike fear into the opposition and fire up the Arsenal faithful wouldn’t go amiss at any ground - particularly Stamford Bridge
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 4:54pm On Feb 03, 2010
debosky:

Arsenal To Sign Pre-Contract Agreement with 19 year old Montenegrin CB.

There were offers from Tottenham and Birmingham City, but once a call came from Arsenal, I had no more doubts. A pre-contract will be signed on Thursday and then I will return to Belgrade and join BSK for their preparations. I will be staying with BSK until May.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1247999/Hot-prospect-Stefan-Savic-claims-shunned-Tottenham-sign-pre-contract-deal-Arsenal.html

Let's hope it actually works out.

Very good buy. . . . . .Stefan Savic is a gem!!!!
He won the Young Player award of his league recently and a Serb friend of mine thinks he is the next Vidic.
Letz hope Wenger can hold on to him when he develops into a beast of a defender.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by duduspace(m): 5:27pm On Feb 03, 2010
~Sauron~:

Very good buy. . . . . .Stefan Savic is a gem!!!!
He won the Young Player award of his league recently and a Serb friend of mine thinks he is the next Vidic.
Letz hope Wenger can hold on to him when he develops into a beast of a defender.
Sauron, when did you start this love affair with Arsenal? can the leopard change its spots and become a snow leopard?  undecided, but thanks for the info anyway, Welbeck has started like a house on fire at PNE with 2 goas in 2 apps so far.

We had Wellington Silva in for a behind closed doors game and bloke didn't disappoint.

Arsenal striker Wellington Silva scored a brace and made a goal for Emmanuel Frimpong as the Gunners dispatched Dagenham and Redbridge in a behind-closed-doors game at London Colney.

The Brazilian has been training with the club since last Monday and he was handed a start in a youthful second-string side against a mixed Dagenham XI. He scored the opener before playing in Emmanuel Frimpong for the second. Silva then wrapped up the scoring in a 3-1 win.

Some folks are also reporting that Savic played in the match prior to him signing, though he is no longer so sure of signing for us.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 6:08pm On Feb 03, 2010
duduspace:

Sauron, when did you start this love affair with Arsenal? can the leopard change its spots and become a snow leopard?  undecided, but thanks for the info anyway, Welbeck has started like a house on fire at PNE with 2 goas in 2 apps so far.

I hate Arsenal with a passion but my hatred cannot blind me to speak the truth.
Savic is a gem and i hope he does well if he joins your pathetic outfit.

Welbeck is too good for Preston.
He will keep scoring till the end of the season.

Cleverley also banged in goals to score his 10th league goal for Watford as a midfielder.
United have the best young talents on this island.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by duduspace(m): 6:29pm On Feb 03, 2010
~Sauron~:

Welbeck is too good for Preston.
He will keep scoring till the end of the season.

Cleverley also banged in goals to score his 10th league goal for Watford as a midfielder.
United have the best young talents on this island.

That one na the biggest lie, our boys tear up the championship anyhow year after year. Cleverley has 10 goals in 24 starts, Jay Simpson has 9 in 22. The way its going Cleverley is likely to be useless to you when he comes back because he will never play as a support striker for Manure as he plays for Watford presently, methinks that is why he wants to follow your other bloke at newcastle.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 6:45pm On Feb 03, 2010
duduspace:

That one na the biggest lie, our boys tear up the championship anyhow year after year. Cleverley has 10 goals in 24 starts, Jay Simpson has 9 in 22. The way its going Cleverley is likely to be useless to you when he comes back because he will never play as a support striker for Manure as he plays for Watford presently, methinks that is why he wants to follow your other bloke at newcastle.

Jay Simpson is a striker. . . . . .Cleverley is a midfielder.
There's a universe of difference between the two.

How can Cleverley be useless when he gets back? United dumped Llajic for Tom Cleverley.
Expect Cleverley to blaze the EPL next season with Giggs/JS Park fading into oblivion.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by duduspace(m): 7:16pm On Feb 03, 2010
~Sauron~:

Jay Simpson is a striker. . . . . .Cleverley is a midfielder.
There's a universe of difference between the two.

How can Cleverley be useless when he gets back? United dumped Llajic for Tom Cleverley.
Expect Cleverley to blaze the EPL next season with Giggs/JS Park fading into oblivion.

Have you checked out the position he plays for Watford? he plays directly behind the lone striker in a 4-5-1 formation most if not all of the time, I will show you screenshots of their formation soon enough, last night he played as the supporting striker partner of Helguson in a 4-4-2 and that is why he has such a nice goal tally in the championship. If that is the position yu're looking to play him in the PL, then good luck to manure is all I can say.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 9:14pm On Feb 03, 2010
duduspace:

Have you checked out the position he plays for Watford? he plays directly behind the lone striker in a 4-5-1 formation most if not all of the time, I will show you screenshots of their formation soon enough, last night he played as the supporting striker partner of Helguson in a 4-4-2 and that is why he has such a nice goal tally in the championship. If that is the position yu're looking to play him in the PL, then good luck to manure is all I can say.

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liaCOb8qI0g&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

He is a midfielder unless you want us to believe Ashley Young/Aaron Lennon are strikers.
Cleverley pops everywhere. He is a RW/LW and he sometimes influence games from the middle of the pack.
He was at the Emirates to see Nani's act of sodomy on Arsenal last Sunday. . .He met Fergie and the United boss has given him a target he must meet.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by eyoniggar(m): 9:33pm On Feb 03, 2010
r.i.p

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by A40(m): 11:36pm On Feb 03, 2010
@Nateevs
I suspect you are high on your own supply of dro. I repeat a loss to Utd is nothing to be ashamed of. Did you go and crip-walk on a landmine when you where demolished at OT last season where Drogba was lighting matchsticks (lago) and crossing to the linesman at OT

How about your 'The Premiership is Blue' opaks that has won the Emmy, Nobel Prize, Grammy, Oscar and Pullitzer as the most idiotic statement for three years running
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by debosky(m): 11:44pm On Feb 03, 2010
A-40:

@Nateevs
I suspect you are high on your own supply of dro. I repeat a loss to Utd is nothing to be ashamed of. Did you go and crip-walk on a landmine when you where demolished at OT last season where Drogba was lighting matchsticks (lago) and crossing to the linesman at OT

How about your 'The Premiership is Blue' opaks that has won the Emmy, Nobel Prize, Grammy, Oscar and Pullitzer as the most idiotic statement for three years running

Ouch! cheesy

Keep the gunpowder dry bro. . . .Sunday is still far away. grin

Who knows what Chelski fans will say if like play like play we beat the chavs in their backyard. Some might commit suicide with this level of boasting. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by DrKitaun(m): 12:20am On Feb 04, 2010
Nothing new . . .same old story grin at least all these things had been predicted and y'all said I didnt know what I was saying, thank God for the life of Kay_pumpin and A-40 sha . . .

Its not easy being a realist cheesy
Sir Kay:

@ All,

I found this piece somewhere, sure you must have read it. Sauron, debosky, Dr Kit & others, what are your views.

Arsenal Comment:
Five Radical Changes Arsene Wenger Must Make To Stay In The Title Race
Goal.com/en-gb/teams/england/97/man-utd">

To lose to Manchester United is one thing. To lose in the spineless manner that 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
PrintTo lose to Manchester United is one thing. To lose in the spineless manner that Arsenal did last weekend, another.

If Arsenal are to keep their title hopes alive, they need a result against Chelsea on Saturday. Not only to get points on the board, but to prove to themselves that they have what it takes to be champions.

Belief seems to melt away from this Arsenal side when confronted by the big boys. Since last season’s Champions League semi-final when they went out to Manchester United without a bang, there has been plenty of whimpering - not least when Chelsea brushed aside the Gunners last time they met in a humiliating 3-0 defeat at the Emirates.

If Saturday’s game and the season's remainder are to be less painful for Arsenal, then Arsene Wenger needs to make some tough decisions.

He may want to start here…

1. PLAN B (FOR BENDTNER)

Three seasons ago, Arsenal were criticised for having no Plan B. Then Adebayor changed all that. His muscular presence in attack meant the Gunners were able to add a direct dimension to their game.

Without a target man, however, Arsenal are once again becoming too predictable. Nicklas Bendtner may not have ability of the Togolese, but there’s enough goals in the rest of the team to make up for his shortcomings.

Against Chelsea, the burly Dane could prove crucial when it comes to the physical battle. Last time around, with Arshavin spearheading the attack, John Terry and his defensive colleagues enjoyed a leisurely afternoon. But utilise Bendtner correctly and the whole side would benefit. Not least, the little Russian, who could go back to doing what he does best: terrorising defences with the ball at his feet.

2. GIVE THEM THE HAIRDRYER TREATMENT

It worked at half-time against Liverpool, so why not try it again, Arsene? Perhaps it’s not the Frenchman’s style, but then again, perhaps these players aren’t quite the self-starters he once had them pegged for.

In the first 45 minutes at Anfield, they displayed the same lacklustre approach as they did against United last weekend. On that occasion, Wenger - who rarely says more than a few choice words in the dressing room - launched into a half-time tirade. The result? Arsenal went from being 1-0 down to winning the game 2-1.

It appears that a good old-fashioned rollocking still works. If Arsenal are to win the title then Wenger must not forget to pack his hairdryer for Stamford Bridge.

3. ALMUNIA OUT, FABIANSKI IN

Almunia has long been a joke for non-Arsenal fans; the hapless 'Spanish waiter' who dreams of playing for England. But Gunners fans were happy to take the jibes last season while their bleached blond No.1 quietly put together a string of credible performances.

This term, however, Manuel is looking faulty again. The side have managed only eight clean sheets all season – that’s less than Birmingham. Much of this is down to the keeper and the lack of faith his team-mates seem to have in him. (Rumours have it that he and William Gallas don’t see eye to eye – but then again, it doesn’t take much to fall out with the fiery Frenchman.)

Lucasz Fabianski hasn’t exactly proved faultless so far but a run in the team, starting with the game against Chelsea, would at least see Wenger prove to the fans he is still trying to change things for the better.

4. CLICHY OUT, CAMPBELL IN

Everyone’s entitled to one stinker, but Clichy making Nani look like Cristiano Ronaldo at the weekend was not his first offence since returning from injury.

Wenger has always believed in playing his charges into form, but if he continues to do so at the expense of results, it will cost the Gunners the title.

In the absence of the crocked Kieran Gibbs, Armand Traore isn’t the safest option at fullback - but William Gallas is. The veteran defender may not like being shunted out wide, but he’s quick and mobile enough to see off the advances of Joe Cole and Florent Malouda. More significantly, if there’s one Arsenal centre-back capable of handling Drogba’s wrecking-ball approach, it’s fellow heavyweight Sol Campbell.

5. BRING NASTY BACK

Their bid for the title may have hit shaky ground, but there’s still one table that Arsenal are close to topping: the Fair Play League. Nice guys Fulham are top, while Chelsea and Manchester United wallow in fifth and ninth spot.

Of course, such gentlemanly conduct must be applauded, but Gunners fans must begin to wonder what is lost from a team that receives so few cautions. After all, it wasn’t so long ago that Vieira and Petit snarled the North London side to so much silverware.

English football may have, to some degree, followed in the non-contact ways of the continent since the late 1990s, but Wenger’s current side are ahead of the curve - and right now it is to their disadvantage. The truth is, that a juicy tackle here and there to strike fear into the opposition and fire up the Arsenal faithful wouldn’t go amiss at any ground - particularly Stamford Bridge

Nice piece . . .but pls let ARSHAVIN STFU !!! angry He should do his playing on the field and not turn himself into some media LovePeddler cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by A40(m): 1:31am On Feb 04, 2010
As for Sir Kay's article i agree with most of the other points except for #3. Fabianski should not even be in the British Isles for that game not to talk of Stamford Bridge he should be extradited back to Polska! he lacks 'The Cool' and basic confidence to make it at a club like Arsenal! He is a freight-liner of nerves and knows precious little about organizing his D. Mannone should be moved to #2 ahead of Lukasz cos with his brief stint as #1 you could see the latent abilities in the kid. Not seen it in Almunia never mind Fabianski

@Dr Kit
I still haven't forgiven Wenger for not copping Given from Newcastle thats one of the dumbest moves of his career. As for Arshavin Wenger's antics can frustrate anyone i'm sure this is not what Arshavin bargained for when he joined Arsenal and being the Russian mafioso he is he feels it necessary to give Arsene a piece of his mind
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by DrKitaun(m): 2:54am On Feb 04, 2010
Given is arguably the best goalie mepon in the world about now . . .so I agree with u wholeheartedly, but at least AW for try buy Enyeama as our brodaman shytes on all Arsenal goalies by miles grin

Arshavin is a pro . . .where was he for 26 years of his whole life span for him at his old age to be on the mojo to talk about Arsenal, belief and trophies undecided grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by slimshay(m): 8:25am On Feb 04, 2010
Id assume the boys are on some intensive training things. Real quiet around the arsenal camp except the played out Cesc to barca bla bla bla. Get a life boys tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by allboyz(m): 9:40am On Feb 04, 2010
all ma analysis may seem silly. . . .but i'll wait till April 30th to see where where we are at?

watch out this space!. . . .very optimistic of our result at the SB. . . A WIN WILL BOOST our MORAL!!!! and we shall be indomitable!!!

after the L'pool game next wed. . . we shall have a full week to prepare for the Porto's UCL game as there are no EPL games at the weekend! cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 / Manchester United Vs Paris Saint-Germain: UCL (0 - 2) On 12th February 2019 / Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89