Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,787 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Cake Decor:how To Make Fondant Icing. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cake Decor:how To Make Fondant Icing. (5921 Views)

Perfect Fondant Class For 2000 Naira Only / Learn The Fundamentals Of Cake Baking And Decoration (buttercream &fondant) / How To Achieve Fondant Pleats On A Cake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cake Decor:how To Make Fondant Icing. by Nwendubrights(f): 6:59pm On Feb 11, 2017
Today, i thought to share this stuff about cake icing, i just made a cake last week ith a good friend of mine, some people find it difficult tto apply fondant icing, maybe somethings ruin it, but I’ll be clear in today’s post.

Last week Thursday I was making a birthday cake with a friend and we applied fondant icing to the cake.(note that there is another type of icing called royal icing)Fondant icing is delicious and can last for days, that is to say that it does not perish easily.

Now let’s start with the equipments for making fondant icing:

A rolling pin

A bowl
gas cooker or stove(for heating water)
a smooth board or a work table
And a smoother to smooth-en the edges
And that’s all for the equipment.

Now the ingredients:
Icing sugar is the basic ingredient

Icing sugar
Color(your choice)
butter
cornflour
glucose
water
c.m.c(carboxylmethylcellulose)
And that’s all you need,the list is not Long..is it?
STEPS ON HOW TO MIX THE WHOLE INGREDIENTS.
Your clothes must be ready by now, you just keep it aside to cool off and then you prepare the icing.
Get a bowl,to the bowl add sieved corn flour and c.m.c
Stir and keep aside
Add water to a pot and heat
Get a metal plate ,add gelatine and glucose and stir
Put the plate with the mixture of gelatin and glucose inside the pot and stir till it dissolves
Then pour the mixture in the metal plate inside the bowl of icing sugar and c.m.c and knead
Add a little amount of hot water if it becomes too hard.

Knead it to a circle shape and then transfer to the smooth board

To the board rub cornflour and roll the icing to your a size that will cover your cake
now roll out the size you need and cover the cake then design.

Its easy, you just need to get things right.

Make yours to be outstanding.

Spread the word!

Re: Cake Decor:how To Make Fondant Icing. by JewelRegi(f): 7:25pm On Feb 11, 2017
Yea, u tried
Re: Cake Decor:how To Make Fondant Icing. by bakeuhappy: 4:59pm On Feb 12, 2017
My dear I appreciate this information but what are the measurements
Re: Cake Decor:how To Make Fondant Icing. by Nwendubrights(f): 5:21pm On Feb 12, 2017
[quote author=bakeuhappy post=53649078]My dear I appreciate this information but what are the measurements [/quote
I can't really say, it depends on the size of your cake. i just listed the guidlines.
Re: Cake Decor:how To Make Fondant Icing. by marylandcakes: 12:10am On Feb 13, 2017

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Favourite Fruit? / How Honey Hunters Risk Their Lives To Get Honey From The Himalayas(Photos) / 10 Most Popular Cocktail Drinks. and their recipes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.