Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? (1625 Views)

Do Christians Have To Go To Church? - Olamide Obire / Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying? / Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by Mcowubaba: 11:19pm On Feb 11, 2017
Most times I hear people say Muslims and Christians worship the same God.
Even in Nigeria, I have heard a couple of times from some dignified members of the society, opined that Christians and Muslims serve the Same God

So there shouldn't be any cause for religious violence/intolerance...

Some people have also argue that "God" is translated to "Allah" in Arabic/Hausa, so that means it is the Same God undecided
How true is this!??

Personally, I strongly doubt this popular notion.

What's your opinion

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by Seun(m): 11:42pm On Feb 11, 2017
Muslim and Christians both claim to worship the God of the Jews, but they have different ideas about how that God wants to be worshipped.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by mrmrmister: 11:47pm On Feb 11, 2017
Seun:
Muslim and Christians both claim to worship the God of the Jews, but they have different ideas about how that God wants to be worshipped.

Bro, how can I change my password?

I told someone thinking I'd change it later.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by Seun(m): 11:49pm On Feb 11, 2017
mrmrmister:

Bro, how can I change my password?

I told someone thinking I'd change it later.
Sign out and go through password recovery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by doublewisdom: 12:01am On Feb 12, 2017
Same God Keh? Apples and oranges.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by stonemasonn: 12:43am On Feb 12, 2017
Same concept today, but dating back mellenniums before both religions, Yahweh was a divine warrior God of the Israelites and Allah (simply means the deity) was a moon God.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by stonemasonn: 12:43am On Feb 12, 2017
Also note

Pre-Islamic Arab Christians have been reported to have raised the battle cry "Ya La Ibad Allah" (O slaves of Allah) to invoke each other into battle.[43]

"Allah" was also mentioned in pre-Islamic Christian poems by some Ghassanid and Tanukhid poets in Syria and Northern Arabia.[44][45][46]

........Wikipedia
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by femzysticks(m): 1:21am On Feb 12, 2017
Seun:

undecided undecided
some of their doctrines are contradictory and they claim its from the same source

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by axeman2(m): 2:08am On Feb 12, 2017
THE MUSLIM AND ROMAN CATHOLIC THERE ARE SAME GOD KNOW AS QUEEN OF HEAVEN. THE PENTICOSTAL WHICH ARE TRUE CHRISTIAN THERE ARE THE ONE WORSHING JEHOVAH BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW JESUS CHRIST YOU CAN GET TO THE FATHER WITHOUT PASING THROUGH THE SON. JESUS CHRIST SAID I AM THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE NO ONE COMET TO THE FATHER EXCEPT BY ME.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by Pavore9: 5:56am On Feb 12, 2017
How the Christians and Moslems view God's will and obedience to Him is contradictory. We do not believe we serve the same God
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by Pavore9: 6:02am On Feb 12, 2017
axeman2:
THE MUSLIM AND ROMAN CATHOLIC THERE ARE SAME GOD KNOW AS QUEEN OF HEAVEN. THE PENTICOSTAL WHICH ARE TRUE CHRISTIAN THERE ARE THE ONE WORSHING JEHOVAH BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW JESUS CHRIST YOU CAN GET TO THE FATHER WITHOUT PASING THROUGH THE SON. JESUS CHRIST SAID I AM THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE NO ONE COMET TO THE FATHER EXCEPT BY ME.

The Roman Catholic Faith and Islam is not and will never be the same. Though it believes we all are created in the image and likeness of God irrespective of how each has chosen to connect to their source.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by Soljaboi44(m): 6:39am On Feb 12, 2017
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by Seun(m): 1:55pm On Feb 12, 2017
femzysticks:
undecided undecided
some of their doctrines are contradictory and they claim its from the same source
Yeah. Muslims claim that the Jews and Christians have corrupted their scriptures, so God sent the Prophet to deliver the uncorrupted word of God to the Arabs. Christians claim that Jews don't embrace Jesus because they don't understand the messiahnic prophecies in their own scriptures, but the truth is that every OT verse used in the new testament to support the messiahship of Jesus was quoted out of context. The idea that God has always been a Trinity but never mentioned it to any of the prophets of his chosen people, ever, is just ridiculous. Ezekiel had a vision of God's throne room and Jesus wasn't there, if I remember it correctly. Where was God's eternal, co-equal son hiding at the time??

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by 1miccza: 2:06pm On Feb 12, 2017
axeman2:

This is the height of indoctrination by today's churches. Please try to know a bit of everything before you pass your verdict.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by hahn(m): 2:43pm On Feb 12, 2017
Seun:
Yeah. Muslims claim that the Jews and Christians have corrupted their scriptures, so God sent the Prophet to deliver the uncorrupted word of God to the Arabs. Christians claim that Jews don't embrace Jesus because they don't understand the messiahnic prophecies in their own scriptures, but the truth is that every OT verse used in the new testament to support the messiahship of Jesus was quoted out of context. The idea that God has always been a Trinity but never mentioned it to any of the prophets of his chosen people, ever, is just ridiculous. Ezekiel had a vision of God's throne room and Jesus wasn't there, if I remember it correctly. Where was God's eternal, co-equal son hiding at the time??

Jesus was jerking off at the time. Too bad Ezekiel didn't take a a selfie with God on the throne tongue

1 Like

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by Image123(m): 2:52pm On Feb 12, 2017
Mcowubaba:
Most times I hear people say Muslims and Christians worship the same God.
Even in Nigeria, I have heard a couple of times from some dignified members of the society, opined that Christians and Muslims serve the Same God

So there shouldn't be any cause for religious violence/intolerance...

Some people have also argue that "God" is translated to "Allah" in Arabic/Hausa, so that means it is the Same God undecided
How true is this!??

Personally, I strongly doubt this popular notion.

What's your opinion

NO, anyone that says otherwise is either a politician or a comedian or an ignorant fellow.

1 Like

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by Image123(m): 2:54pm On Feb 12, 2017
Seun:

Did Ezekiel see God? How do you come to the conclusion that Jesus wasn't there, or you expect them to be screaming Jesus Jesus over there?
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by Image123(m): 2:56pm On Feb 12, 2017
hahn:

Jesus was jerking off at the time. Too bad Ezekiel didn't take a a selfie with God on the throne tongue

**** Did Ezekiel mention that he didn't see Jesus? How exactly do you arrive at the position that he didn't see Jesus asides fallacious indoctrination?

1 Like

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by Marxxx: 3:03pm On Feb 12, 2017
Pavore9:

The Roman Catholic Faith and Islam is not and will never be the same. Though it believes we all are created in the image and likeness of God irrespective of how each has chosen to connect to their source.
Please educate him properly.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by EazyMoh(m): 3:06pm On Feb 12, 2017
Whenever Muslims say Allah they are referring to that Jealous God referred to by Moses in the first commandment. Christians have confused the concept of God themselves that they don't eve seem to know who or how to describe him.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by MaziOmenuko: 3:12pm On Feb 12, 2017
Image123:

Did Ezekiel see God? How do you come to the conclusion that Jesus wasn't there, or you expect them to be screaming Jesus Jesus over there?

Isiah 45:5
I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me

There is no god-head siting beside God, none sitting on the right hand throne of God unlike the lies propagated by emperror Constantine so as to integrate pegan worship into Christianity.

Isiah 43:11
Isiah 44:6-8

Should I continue?
Deut 4:35
Deut 32:39
2 Samuel 7:22
1 Chronicles 17:20

No God besides any God, seated, standing, squatting...no God!

Should I continue? Your new testament introduced trinity which is a pegan concept! Do you need more verses?
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by Marxxx: 3:17pm On Feb 12, 2017
Seun:
Let me illuminate...I am a Cathothic and a strong believer in Trinity. Let me enlighten you first with the Catholic doctrine. "Jesus was begotten and not made." He was not created like other heavenly bodies. So if Ezikiel had a vision of God's throne he probably would have seen God the Father only. God the son (Jesus) was begotten from the father via words. "In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God"...and the word was made flesh and dwelt among us. That word has always been there. When you hear Trinity my dear friend don't see thee Gods....See a God that can exist in three forms...like water changing to solid and vapour. "There are three that bears witness in heaven. The father. The Son and The Spirit. And these three are one"....The spirit of God or the Holy Spirit is the Force that works....I trust you understand.

1 Like

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by Marxxx: 3:28pm On Feb 12, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Isiah 45:5
I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me

There is no god-head siting beside God, none sitting on the right hand throne of God unlike the lies propagated by emperror Constantine so as to integrate pegan worship into Christianity.

Isiah 43:11
Isiah 44:6-8

Should I continue?
Duet 4:35
Deut 32:39
In the beginning was the word and the word was with God, and the word was God....."and the word was made flesh and dwelt among us" ...Stop seeing three Gods...One God That can communicate in three forms. For God to communicate with us he became flesh. For him to encourage and strengthen us he became spirit...Trinity is real.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by MaziOmenuko: 3:35pm On Feb 12, 2017
Marxxx:
In the beginning was the word and the word was with God, and the word was God....."and the word was made flesh and dwelt among us"

So all the old testament I quoted is nullified by just this single verse you quoted? So mine verses are not in the Bible, it's your that is valid? I have added more verses, I have like 50 to add more if you feel it's a Bible quoting competition.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by Marxxx: 3:41pm On Feb 12, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

So all the old testament I quoted is nullified by just this single verse you quoted? So mine verses are not in the Bible, it's your that is valid? I have added more verses, I have like 50 to add more if you feel it's a Bible quoting competition.
It is a simple understanding my dear. In your old testament did you not read "and the spirit of God came upon Samson" or The spirit of God came upon Elijah" that is the spirit of God. That is God. It is simple my dear.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by Flexherbal(m): 4:52pm On Feb 12, 2017
I can not get confuses!
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by Lex11(m): 4:59pm On Feb 12, 2017
I do not believe they do...

"Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." - Acts 4:12

That name is JESUS CHRIST, God the Son... the Almighty (Rev 1:7-8 )

+++
"For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one." - 1 John 5:7
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 12, 2017
Absolutely and most emphatically NOT!!! angry

The God that Christians worship is a Trinity.

Moslems don't believe in the Holy Trinity.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by Acidosis(m): 11:18pm On Feb 12, 2017
Christians and Muslims do not serve the same God.

Those who make that claim publicly are purely hypocrites and pretenders who, because of one favour or the other, deny the truth.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by Seun(m): 8:49am On Feb 13, 2017
Marxxx:
See a God that can exist in three forms...like water changing to solid and vapour.
If your interpretation of the trinity is correct, why is God limited to 3 forms? An omnipotent God should be able to exist in an unlimited number of forms. It seems random that he'd limit himself to 3. In my view, the trinity is just a convenient doctrine made up to justify worshipping Jesus. If early Christians said Jesus was not God, worshipping him would contradict the Jewish scriptures. But if they said Jesus was God, it would be difficult to explain why Jesus kept referring to himself as "the Father" and praying to himself. The "mystery" of the trinity was the only way out.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God??? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 13, 2017
axeman2:
Did you write this for you to read alone. Put in a format that is readable and stop your unnecessary use of capital letters.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chris And Benny Hinn Launches Loveworld USA / The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim / Most Popular Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.