Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim (1615 Views)

Nigerian Muslim Cleric Blames Donald Trump For Coronavirus Epidemic. / Demystifying The Confusion - God, Gods God And Creator / "Child Marriage Is Our Religious Belief" Nigerian Muslim Man Says To Fani Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by advocatejare(m): 8:17am On Sep 08, 2022
Nigerian and African Muslims are the most brainwashed group of people ever.

>>> They are raised to believe that Arabic name is better than their tribal names. They rank their Arabic name higher than their tribal names

>>> They are raised to believe that Arab language is better than their cultural languages

>>> They are raised to believe that God accepts worship in Arabic language and not in their local dialects

>>> They are raised to believe that dressing like an Arab is better than their cultural dressing.

>>> They are raised to believe that Arab wedding is better than their cultural wedding.

>>> They are raised to believe that Arab funeral rites is better than their cultural funeral rites.

>>> They are raised to believe that calling God Allah is better than calling him by the local name.

>>> They are raised to believe that Arab culture is their culture.
Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by duro4chang(m): 8:19am On Sep 08, 2022
I think we christians are also guilty on this issue though Muslims are more guilty.
Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by Mamaafrik1(m): 8:21am On Sep 08, 2022
Though Christianity may not be 100 % free from this also but you are right about Islam.
Yoruba Muslim are made to believe that a northern Muslim is more pious than them and that is why they are being treated not equally in Hajj,prayer call, sighting of moon and some other Islamic dictates and engagement in Nigeria.
Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by dallasi: 9:05am On Sep 08, 2022
So also your moniker "Advocate"jare has same element you complained about.
Christians has baptismal name left & right
imagine someone bearing james twice, one b4 born again the other after.
Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by terrezo2002(m): 9:06am On Sep 08, 2022
duro4chang:
I think we christians are also guilty on this issue though Muslims are more guilty.
Speak for yourself. I am not a confused Christian
Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by advocatejare(m): 9:25am On Sep 08, 2022
dallasi:
So also your moniker "Advocate"jare has same element you complained about.
Christians has baptismal name left & right
imagine someone bearing james twice, one b4 born again the other after.
My name is Adejare, the advocate in my moniker is not Hebrew, it’s English and denotes what I do. It has nothing to do with my religion
Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by advocatejare(m): 9:29am On Sep 08, 2022
Mamaafrik1:
Though Christianity may not be 100 % free from this also but you are right about Islam.
The Christians doing same are confused because there was no where it was commanded that in the scriptures that you must answer a Hebrew name once you become a Christian. The early Christians didn’t practice such and Christ never did the same!

Yoruba Muslim are made to believe that a northern Muslim is more pious than them and that is why they are being treated not equally in Hajj,prayer call, sighting of moon and some other Islamic dictates and engagement in Nigeria.
It’s hypocrisy, the northern Muslims see their Yoruba counterparts as lesser Muslims because the yorubas are use sense to practice the barbaric religion the Arabs gave them, that alone is a weakness to their northern counterparts!
Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by advocatejare(m): 9:32am On Sep 08, 2022
duro4chang:
How?
Has any teaching in Christianity ever told you that God won’t hear you if you don’t call him Yahweh or speak to him in Hebrew?

Has any teaching in Christianity ever told you that you must answer a Hebrew name to be a complete Christian?

Does any teaching in Christianity tell you that you must dress like the Hebrews to be a Christian?
Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by duro4chang(m): 9:55am On Sep 08, 2022
advocatejare:

How?
Has any teaching in Christianity ever told you that God won’t hear you if you don’t call him Yahweh or speak to him in Hebrew?

Has any teaching in Christianity ever told you that you must answer a Hebrew name to be a complete Christian?

Does any teaching in Christianity tell you that you must dress like the Hebrews to be a Christian?
Not at all. But we all shout hallelujah. Hallelujah is not our local language

2 Likes

Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by duro4chang(m): 9:57am On Sep 08, 2022
terrezo2002:

Remove the word confused. I never said it. But you shout hallelujah � which is not in your language. Go to catholic church and see how they use latin words.

2 Likes

Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by dallasi: 10:07am On Sep 08, 2022
advocatejare:

My name is Adejare, the advocate in my moniker is not Hebrew, it’s English and denotes what I do. It has nothing to do with my religion

And why not you denotee that in your local dialect let begin with you or you are fixated about English, how about non English speaker,?
Did you ask yourself about those chemical elements, plants etc. with Latin and botanical names as well?

‘LLB’ is the abbreviation for the Bachelor of Laws. The degree abbreviates to ‘LLB’ instead of ‘BL’ due to the traditional name of the qualification in Latin, 'Legum Baccalaureus'.

The full form of MBBS is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery; in Latin Medicinae Baccalaureus Baccalaureus Chirurgiae.
Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by duro4chang(m): 11:08am On Sep 08, 2022
advocatejare:

How?

Our priests and pastors do officiate with foreign gowns. We all shout hallelujah. It is not forced on us but we do all these. You even go on pilgrimage to Jerusalem, Jordan etc. Go to catholic church and see how they use latin words
Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by advocatejare(m): 11:22am On Sep 08, 2022
duro4chang:
Our priests and pastors do officiate with foreign gowns.
You said they are priests, every religion has ways by which their priests dress even in African traditional religion, an Ifa priest won’t dress like a Sango priest etc so it’s not applicable here, Christianity doesn’t force a certain mode of dressing on its adherents

We all shout hallelujah. It is not forced on us but we do all these.
Thank God you said it’s not forced on us, not shouting Hallelujah won’t make you lesser Christian!

You even go on pilgrimage to Jerusalem, Jordan etc.
These are things added to Christianity, Christ never asked us to do it, early Christians never did it so, it’s not part of Christianity

Go to catholic church and see how they use latin
words
Do they claim that Jesus asked them to do such?

Did Jesus endorse their practice?
Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by advocatejare(m): 11:23am On Sep 08, 2022
duro4chang:
Not at all. But we all shout hallelujah. Hallelujah is not our local language
Where did Jesus shout hallelujah or ask you to shout hallelujah? Where is shouting hallelujah made compulsory in Christianity?
Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by advocatejare(m): 11:34am On Sep 08, 2022
dallasi:

And why not you denotee that in your local dialect let begin with you or you are fixated about English, how about non English speaker,?
That was the failure of our ancestors to secure their land against foreign invasion. They allowed English speakers to colonize them and made English their official language.

The reason I write in English here is because of other language speakers who don’t understand Yoruba language, but my God is not limited by such so I can speak my local language in prayers to him!

But I don’t have to speak English or Hebrew to speak to God as a Christian, that’s why I’m different from Muslims!

Did you ask yourself about those chemical elements, plants etc. with Latin and botanical names as well?
That’s not related to this discussion, because are you saying that if I don’t call salt sodium chloride, it will taste as salt? Or before i can use salt as a Yoruba man, I must call it sodium chloride?

‘LLB’ is the abbreviation for the Bachelor of Laws. The degree abbreviates to ‘LLB’ instead of ‘BL’ due to the traditional name of the qualification in Latin, 'Legum Baccalaureus'.

The full form of MBBS is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery; in Latin Medicinae Baccalaureus Baccalaureus Chirurgiae.

Again, this is not related to the topic of discuss!

We are talking about communicating to God of the universe who created all the languages and a religion then claims that it’s only Arabic language that such a god understands!
Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by duro4chang(m): 11:42am On Sep 08, 2022
advocatejare:

Where did Jesus shout hallelujah or ask you to shout hallelujah? Where is shouting hallelujah made compulsory in Christianity?
Jesus did not and did not force anybody to do but all us do. Some christians will even say hallelujah is an heavenly language.
Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by advocatejare(m): 12:01pm On Sep 08, 2022
duro4chang:
Jesus did not and did not force anybody to do but all us do. Some christians will even say hallelujah is an heavenly language.
Anybody can say anything but anything someone says that cannot be seen in the scriptures is not related to Christianity, such people are practicing a different religion!
Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by duro4chang(m): 12:12pm On Sep 08, 2022
advocatejare:

Anybody can say anything but anything someone says that cannot be seen in the scriptures is not related to Christianity, such people are practicing a different religion!
And that is why I said that christians are also guilty.
Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by dallasi: 12:17pm On Sep 08, 2022
advocatejare:

That was the failure of our ancestors to secure their land against foreign invasion. They allowed English speakers to colonize them and made English their official language.

The alleged failure is in all facets

The reason I write in English here is because of other language speakers who don’t understand Yoruba language, but my God is not limited by such so I can speak my local language in prayers to him!

i expect you to insist on Yoruba so the changing beginning with you

But I don’t have to speak English or Hebrew to speak to God as a Christian, that’s why I’m different from Muslims!

In Islam prayers & supplications are different thing entirely go and learn more

That’s not related to this discussion, because are you saying that if I don’t call salt sodium chloride, it will taste as salt? Or before i can use salt as a Yoruba man, I must call it sodium chloride?

Religion is hypothetical

Again, this is not related to the topic of discuss!
referred to all facet of our lives

We are talking about communicating to God of the universe who created all the languages and a religion then claims that it’s only Arabic language that such a god understands!

the Language of Glorious Quran is Arabic.. you can only continue wailing

2 Likes

Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by advocatejare(m): 12:38pm On Sep 08, 2022
dallasi:

[/b]
the Language of Glorious Quran is Arabic.. you can only continue wailing
Arabic is the only language your Allah understands, that makes him limited in knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by advocatejare(m): 12:39pm On Sep 08, 2022
duro4chang:
And that is why I said that christians are also guilty.
Christian means Christlike, anyone doing what is not Christlike is not a Christian!

1 Like

Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by dallasi: 12:54pm On Sep 08, 2022
advocatejare:

Arabic is the only language your Allah understands, that makes him limited in knowledge.
Just try to engaged in frivolities

IGNORED
Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by AllenforGOD(m): 1:10pm On Sep 08, 2022
terrezo2002:

precisely,u are on exact terms.
Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by advocatejare(m): 1:27pm On Sep 08, 2022
dallasi:

Just try to engaged in frivolities

IGNORED
If you knew you won’t be able to stand the heat and defend your Allah that is limited to only Arabic language, then you shouldn’t have commented in the first place
Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by duro4chang(m): 1:29pm On Sep 08, 2022
advocatejare:

Christian means Christlike, anyone doing what is not Christlike is not a Christian!
No . That does not make anybody an unbeliever.
Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by dallasi: 2:15pm On Sep 08, 2022
advocatejare:

If you knew you won’t be able to stand the heat and defend your Allah that is limited to only Arabic language, then you shouldn’t have commented in the first place

I cannot dignified you with response over infantile & frivolous remarks
You are low

1 Like

Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by advocatejare(m): 2:23pm On Sep 08, 2022
dallasi:

I cannot dignified you with response over infantile & frivolous remarks
You are low
When you resort into abuse then we know the level of your intelligence. May it be for you as you infer.

Pained worshipper of a limited god

Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by advocatejare(m): 2:23pm On Sep 08, 2022
duro4chang:
No . That does not make anybody an unbeliever.
Ok
Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by dallasi: 8:57am On Sep 09, 2022
advocatejare:

When you resort into abuse then we know the level of your intelligence. May it be for you as you infer.

U see why i don't want to engaged with your shallow brain ko?

You dont even know the difference between statement and question

Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by dallasi: 8:59am On Sep 09, 2022
advocatejare:

let me keep you busy a bit

Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by advocatejare(m): 10:20am On Sep 09, 2022
dallasi:

let me keep you busy a bit

Re: The Confusion Of A Nigerian Muslim by advocatejare(m): 10:21am On Sep 09, 2022
dallasi:

U see why i don't want to engaged with your shallow brain ko?

You dont even know the difference between statement and question

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unclean Spirits / I Read My Bible But / Why I Hate Frosbel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.