Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,809 members, 7,810,112 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? (22105 Views)

I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / Help! My Boss Is Taking Credit For My Work / Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by Noblejay7: 6:27am On Feb 12, 2017
A friend shared this with me and I decided to bring it here in other to get advice.

He works with a company as an admin officer and part of his job description is processing of expenses for daily purchases and payment to vendors and suppliers.

My friend is in a fix right now and he needs advice. The problem started when his former boss boss was sacked due to downsizing. His new boss is a terribly corrupt person.

Inspire of the fact that his boss earns good salary which ordinary should be enough for him, he still manipulates figures and orders my friend to raise fictitious expenses which he converts to private use.

My friend also notice that his boss connives with vendors to inflate price in return for kickbacks.

Recently my friend processed and got approval for purchase of tyres for their operational vehicles in the office only for his boss to collect the money without buying the tyres.

The internal auditor who is suppose to check mate this excesses has been quiet .

My friend is thinking of using the company's wishle blowing mechanism but this might affect his boss as he could be sacked.

Kindly advice.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by jcflex(m): 6:38am On Feb 12, 2017
He doesn't need to seek NL advice bfor doing the needful.

except if your friend is actually waiting for his own turn to be on that sit, and start manipulating figures, just lik his current boss is doing.

One day, that company will seize to exist, and the blame will be put on bad management, not knowing people like his boss siting at one corner embezzling the company's actually cause it.

case study is NIGERIA.

corrupt individuals need to be weed out

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by NLSniper(m): 6:40am On Feb 12, 2017
Your Friend is on His Own o!

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by darkenkach(m): 6:40am On Feb 12, 2017
Remember, you get 5% of all the recovered loot.

12 Likes

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by Bilabong(m): 6:46am On Feb 12, 2017
He should just stay put and gather evidence over a period of time. Concrete one at that, mouth talk is not enough.

Meanwhile

After 5 months of being 6th on the table they finally moved to five. Not up to 30min Dr Manè sent them back...
They were like... sombori cannot contest league with chelshit again?¿

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by Oliviaxx(f): 7:01am On Feb 12, 2017
Well he can actually 'blow the whistle' only and if only it wont be traced back to him. From my experience, these corrupt people normally have friends in high places. If nothing is done to his boss after he reports and then the said boss catches wind of the situation...ur friend is a goner, and in dis our nigeria of few jobs....is he willing to take such a step at the possible cost of his job?

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by Kondomatic(m): 7:32am On Feb 12, 2017
Easiest way to get sacked in most institutions is to report a corrupt boss..

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by Kondomatic(m): 8:05am On Feb 12, 2017
cc.
Seun
Lalasticlala
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 12, 2017
But is he aware the 5% compensation bill hasn't been passed yet?

BTW, check this offer out
Very Clean Tokunbo Toyota Corolla For Sale
https://www.nairaland.com/3624014/very-clean-tokunbo-toyota-corolla#3624014.1
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by Pvin: 8:24am On Feb 12, 2017
blow
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by johnstar(m): 8:24am On Feb 12, 2017
What are you waiting for?

Blow d gaadm trumpet

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by PqsMike: 8:24am On Feb 12, 2017
Really
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by UcheCokoro: 8:24am On Feb 12, 2017
Your boss is Buhari blow the whistle u evil senators
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by Christane: 8:24am On Feb 12, 2017
u want to blow d whistle and end d game ..and stay jobless ...or wat ..
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by Iceman2017(m): 8:24am On Feb 12, 2017
Once you get another job, you can blow the trumpet

1 Like

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by aljazira: 8:25am On Feb 12, 2017
Go ahead.
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by Idydarling(f): 8:25am On Feb 12, 2017
will comment later, lemme pray

1 Like

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by haywire1: 8:26am On Feb 12, 2017
Noblejay7:
A friend shared this with me and I decided to bring it here in other to get advice.

He works with a company as an admin officer and part of his job description is processing of expenses for daily purchases and payment to vendors and suppliers.

My friend is in a fix right now and he needs advice. The problem started when his former boss boss was sacked due to downsizing. His new boss is a terribly corrupt person.

Inspire of the fact that his boss earns good salary which ordinary should be enough for him, he still manipulates figures and orders my friend to raise fictitious expenses which he converts to private use.

My friend also notice that his boss connives with vendors to inflate price in return for kickbacks.

Recently my friend processed and got approval for purchase of tyres for their operational vehicles in the office only for his boss to collect the money without buying the tyres.

The internal auditor who is suppose to check mate this excesses has been quiet .

My friend is thinking of using the company's wishle blowing mechanism but this might affect his boss as he could be sacked.

Kindly advice.

It's best for ur friend to keep quiet cos boss will surly be boss and watch karma plays out . What goes around comes around..

Meanwhile, I'm searching for job, I studied food technology, cv available upon request ..

#

1 Like

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by twilliamx(m): 8:26am On Feb 12, 2017
It is silence like this that destroyed this country to this level, when the first corrupt person was ignored, the attitude spread like wild fire and see where we are today, i implore you to use the whistle blowing medium and BLOW the whistle on his a$$. this is how they go about ruining what others have worked hard to build. blow the whistle. it the right thing to do.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 12, 2017
No talk jare.

Wen d company eventually runsdown n u dnt ve a job anymore, that will b d ryt tym to talk

1 Like

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by deepwater(f): 8:26am On Feb 12, 2017
Never outshine the MASTER

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by 18SNVL: 8:26am On Feb 12, 2017
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by ifeomafigure8(f): 8:27am On Feb 12, 2017
While Whistle blowing is good, it depends on the environment of the company, you must apply wisdom and ask yourself the following questions: is the whistle blowing mechanism secure? Would you be a prime suspected Whistle blower after the exposure? NB this May put you at risk. You also have to determine the closeness of your boss to his superiors - those Who will take decisions so you dont put yourself in trouble. Above all you must be ready to quit your job if the table is turned against you.

3 Likes

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by duni04(m): 8:27am On Feb 12, 2017
If its a private coy go ahead and report, the executive or owners may even reward you. If its government work, oga just mind your business and face your lane.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by smudge2079(m): 8:29am On Feb 12, 2017
Whistle blower grin
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by bunmixtra(f): 8:30am On Feb 12, 2017
If it doesn't affect your salary or bonuses u may just keep cool.
Sooner or later he will be caught.

Does your company maintain a car log book for repairs n maintenance?
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by obembet(f): 8:31am On Feb 12, 2017
Another liar Muhammed

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by Buharimustgo: 8:31am On Feb 12, 2017
Is it your father's company?instead of eating your own and going,blow the whistle and see if it won't consume u,
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by juman(m): 8:32am On Feb 12, 2017
Blow the whistle, safe the company from collapse. But do it with sense, dont expose yourself to danger.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by Boss13: 8:32am On Feb 12, 2017
I will tell you specifically and even in caps - DON'T DO IT IF YOU STILL LOVE YOUR JOB. Your boss may be serving the interest of someone high up the ladder. A boss who has the effrontery to direct subordinates to change figures may have cover up. Do it and lose your job or be frustrated out of the system.

5 Likes

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by twilliamx(m): 8:33am On Feb 12, 2017
18SNVL:
Do misuse the bible to defend the corrupt.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? / Shoprite Workers Embark On Protests In Ibadan, Shut Down Company Indefinitely / My Experience With The Rude Female Employees At Visafone Office Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.