Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Things That Happen In Churches That I Don't Understand - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things That Happen In Churches That I Don't Understand (1118 Views)

Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas / "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad / Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things That Happen In Churches That I Don't Understand by izombie(m): 1:10pm On Feb 12, 2017
There may be reasons why these things are done in churches but i find them irritating.
Number one on my list would be pastors that shout throughout their sermon. I mean we have loudspeakers inside the church, do you still need to shout and give people headache before they leave the church.

Number 2. The people that always ask the congregation to stand whenever they have the microphone. I was in a service where the pastor thought everybody standing for 2 hours while he delivered his sermon is ok. Does the holy spirit only talk to people who stand in church?

Number 3 is the daddy and mommy issue. Sorry but no pastor can ever be my daddy because i already have a daddy. Simple.

Number 4 is the "if you believe this, jump up and shout amen" shout a bigger amen. Like say the first amen you shouted didn't reach God.

Number 5 irritates me the most, why do people stand when a pastor walks past them? I was watching this service one day and notice that anytime the pastors walks past those in the front row, they'll stand and then sit when the pastor has walked by and they'll repeat the same over and over again.

I wonder if people still go to church to worship God.
Re: Things That Happen In Churches That I Don't Understand by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 12, 2017
Majority are worship men not God

1 Like

Re: Things That Happen In Churches That I Don't Understand by psucc(m): 1:32pm On Feb 12, 2017
Except for No.2, I will say others are OK. For item 2, where the truth is and the spirit of God holds sway, healing us inevitable. though it was not meant for all.
Re: Things That Happen In Churches That I Don't Understand by Rich4god(m): 1:40pm On Feb 12, 2017
psucc:
Except for No.2, I will say others are OK. For item 2, where the truth is and the spirit of God holds sway, healing us inevitable. though it was not meant for all.
Did you just say others are ok....

1 Like

Re: Things That Happen In Churches That I Don't Understand by izombie(m): 1:42pm On Feb 12, 2017
psucc:
they might be ok but not relevant
Re: Things That Happen In Churches That I Don't Understand by Thepasserby(m): 2:57pm On Feb 12, 2017
izombie:
There may be reasons why these things are done in churches but i find them irritating.
Number one on my list would be pastors that shout throughout their sermon. I mean we have loudspeakers inside the church, do you still need to shout and give people headache before they leave the church.

Number 2. The people that always ask the congregation to stand whenever they have the microphone. I was in a service where the pastor thought everybody standing for 2 hours while he delivered his sermon is ok. Does the holy spirit only talk to people who stand in church?

Number 3 is the daddy and mommy issue. Sorry but no pastor can ever be my daddy because i already have a daddy. Simple.

Number 4 is the "if you believe this, jump up and shout amen" shout a bigger amen. Like say the first amen you shouted didn't reach God.

Number 5 irritates me the most, why do people stand when a pastor walks past them? I was watching this service one day and notice that anytime the pastors walks past those in the front row, they'll stand and then sit when the pastor has walked by and they'll repeat the same over and over again.

I wonder if people still go to church to worship God.

Everybody has the right to like or hate anything. If you don't like it then fine, there is need infecting others with your ulcer. No hard feeling though.
Re: Things That Happen In Churches That I Don't Understand by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 12, 2017
Wen will christians come to know dat these guys bringing up all these useless questions are mostly Muslims and atheists. And yet d so called christians will come here to start condeming and criticizing churches to d joy of these Muslims and atheists
Re: Things That Happen In Churches That I Don't Understand by Rainmaker69(m): 9:45pm On Feb 12, 2017
Lol! Interesting posers. Its easy to fall into the routine of religion... sometimes we need someone to point these things out to us.
Re: Things That Happen In Churches That I Don't Understand by obinna58(m): 9:51pm On Feb 12, 2017
damagepbuh:
Wen will christians come to know dat these guys bringing up all these useless questions are mostly Muslims and atheists. And yet d so called christians will come here to start condeming and criticizing churches to d joy of these Muslims and atheists

E pain u ryt?

Don't worry its natural to human, truth is always bitter
Re: Things That Happen In Churches That I Don't Understand by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 12, 2017
obinna58:

E pain u ryt?

Don't worry its natural to human, truth is always bitter
From my observation u look like an atheist. I prefer investing my time replying a Christian who wants to learn dan someone who just asks useless questions about wat he thinks he doesn't believe.
It didnt pain me in anyway at all. I just passed a message to my fellow christians because i have been observing d trend.
Now u dat know d truth go and better ur life with it
Re: Things That Happen In Churches That I Don't Understand by obinna58(m): 10:16pm On Feb 12, 2017
damagepbuh:

From my observation u look like an atheist. I prefer investing my time replying a Christian who wants to learn dan someone who just asks useless questions about wat he thinks he doesn't believe.
It didnt pain me in anyway at all. I just passed a message to my fellow christians because i have been observing d trend.
Now u dat know d truth go and better ur life with it
A problem share is a problem solve, he found out somethings that not right in a place of worship, maybe it might be corrected after people have learned.

You took it personal and started hating
Are you a sadist?
After all
The world wouldn't have been a better place if science made all their discoveries and kept it for themselves.

Don't worry your heart will burst soon out of anger (e pain u die)
Re: Things That Happen In Churches That I Don't Understand by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 12, 2017
obinna58:

A problem share is a problem solve, he found out somethings that not right in a place of worship, maybe it might be corrected after people have learned.

Are you a sadist?
After all
The world wouldn't have been a better place if science made all their discoveries and kept it for themselves.

Ok oga atheist. No problem. Mr science
Re: Things That Happen In Churches That I Don't Understand by obinna58(m): 10:37pm On Feb 12, 2017
damagepbuh:

Ok oga atheist. No problem. Mr science
OK oga theist. Was their a problem b4. Mr nonscience
Learn not to be a sadist
Re: Things That Happen In Churches That I Don't Understand by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 12, 2017
obinna58:

OK oga theist. Was their a problem b4. Mr nonscience
Learn not to be a sadist
Forgive me i thought u were a Christian seeking answers. Sorry bro. I wont reply u again.
Re: Things That Happen In Churches That I Don't Understand by obinna58(m): 10:43pm On Feb 12, 2017
damagepbuh:

Forgive me i thought u were a Christian seeking answers. Sorry bro. I wont reply u again.
It would have been more better if u had not replied this one wink
Re: Things That Happen In Churches That I Don't Understand by izombie(m): 11:43pm On Feb 12, 2017
damagepbuh:
wetin make you think i'm a moslem? God forbid. Na you be moslem. Afo anu.
Re: Things That Happen In Churches That I Don't Understand by izombie(m): 11:44pm On Feb 12, 2017
obinna58:

Are you a sadist?
After all

no mind that guy.
Re: Things That Happen In Churches That I Don't Understand by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 13, 2017
izombie:
wetin make you think i'm a moslem? God forbid. Na you be moslem. Afo anu.
Ok sir. U can call me d Afo anu again. Does it really matter? If u need clarification on issues u have ur pastors and neighbors. If i am right or wrong on wat u tend to achieve with dis post, let God judge between us.

(1) (Reply)

I Made Juju To Charm Men, Woman Confesses, Says 41 Pastors 've Fallen Victim / Shocking Reason Why Apostle Johnson Suleman’s Pastor Was Deported From Zambia / See The Sacrifice Made By Igbo Man So That Igbos Will Say No To Christianity(pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.