Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Lazyitis Hits Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lazyitis Hits Nigeria (896 Views)

Presidency Hits Obasanjo Over Buhari’s Visit To U.S. / Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" / Washington Times: Us Hits Nigeria With Sanctions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lazyitis Hits Nigeria by cromwellk: 1:30pm On Feb 12, 2017
This disease has not only swept Nigeria but the rest of the African Continent

Its effects are much worse than ebola.

You see, African people are becoming lazy

The funniest part is they are looking for success

They look for a better life, riches and fame but don't have the stomach to do what it takes

They b**tch and whine about why another person is making USD$12,000 per month and they are not, why some guy stashed US$9.8M and they got none

They blame the government, they blame their parents, kids or even spouse for their lack of success

The hate and continue to hate on successful people (they even call them satanic or illuminati - Whatever that is)

The only reason that keeps them from becoming financially successful is themselves

They are afraid

Afraid of success

Afraid of failure (which is success if you really look at it)

You have to become different from what most Africans are doing.

Here is common symptom that you have this deadly disease;

“I will figure out success on my own.”

This keeps more people broke than anything else. And african entrepreneurs in a failure zone

Because it’s hogwash.

And I’ll confess to you;

I believed it too.

I worked my frickin tail off for two years straight thinking I could suss out a financial breakthrough for myself.

“How hard can it be?”

“I’m of average intelligence, surely I can crack this?”

I didn’t.

I failed.

Badly.

To the tune of two years wasted, thousands of US dollars spent and zero dollars made.

Zip, Jerk, The square root of 0!

You can’t do this on your own – you need to get help from someone who’s already been there, done it and got the cliche-ridden T-Shirt and support of a community of other entrepreneurs. Find a mentor!

Like me and others in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Nigeria etc

Now sure – you can get your hands on any of my digital products and provided you have the determination to apply yourself you can make money.

But what’s really going to cut the mustard for you is getting in a room personally with me so I can FORCE you to make money.

This way failure is not an option.

But it takes balls.

One option is gonna take money.

Thats travelling all the way to Harare, Zimbabwe.

Option two; Go to my website and register for my video coaching series

And you’re gonna have to get over yourself and realize the only way to break through online is to get personal help from a real life internet entrepreneur.

And don’t for a minute think I’m pitching the crap out of this because I need the money.

Hellz no.

Infact I will coach you for free but Taking a limited number of Nigerians.

Look, I have a limit to the number of people i can work with at a time. Remember I am human. So 1st come 1st served

I’m pitching the crap out of this because this, my friend, is what is going to push you through to success – finally.

And I know how much it hurts to be where you are right now.

I’m fortunate to be at a stage in my business where it’s all about the change I can affect in people.

But I can’t stuff you onto an aeroplane and fly you to Harare (although I would if I could).

That part is down to you.

So stop dreaming and let me personally push you to making big money online.

Grab your ticket now to your Financial Breakthrough

http://apply.cromwellsells.com/

holden alternator wiring diagram

Re: Lazyitis Hits Nigeria by PatriotTemidayo: 2:48pm On Feb 12, 2017
Africans are not Lazy, Africans are frustrated.
What other people do in other clines and get result, Nigerians had done and are often frustrated.

Ask yourself, why is it that Africans, and more specifically, Nigerians, almost always lead the pack anytime they found themselves in other nations, especially developed worlds? That's because platforms are success are accessible. Here our leaders had destroyed every opportunity to succeed. You go to school, your professor will teach you 1980 curriculum in 2017, how can you succeed.
You wanna do business, govt policies will frustrate your effort and destroy your hope.
You manage to have small money and comfort, your family and friends would kill your joy with demands and your supposed enemies would start planning your kidnapped.

Left, right and centre, people are seeing more hopelessness than hope. They are resigning to faith, after all, its always ending in futility.

A little effort elsewhere yields great result, here in Africa, everything is arranged, and a very big effort, is like toiling in vain.
We have brains, we have ideas, we have great aspirations but our realities are better described as FRUSTRATION.

In some other worlds, if you wanna be a doctor, just read well and have brains, here in Nigeria, apart from having the brains, you must also have the BRIBE, Otherwise, just go and read Botany (with all due respect to Botanists).

Dreams are struggling to breathe, not because they have no nostrils, but cuz someone, somewhere or something everywhere is holding the air pipe.

We are not Lazy, we are frustrated.
#mypieceofmind.
Re: Lazyitis Hits Nigeria by Danzakidakura(m): 2:51pm On Feb 12, 2017
I don't believe you at op. if no work the bubu is not providing employment what do you expect my people to do ?
Re: Lazyitis Hits Nigeria by cromwellk: 4:56pm On Feb 12, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:
Africans are not Lazy, Africans are frustrated.
What other people do in other clines and get result, Nigerians had done and are often frustrated.

Ask yourself, why is it that Africans, and more specifically, Nigerians, almost always lead the pack anytime they found themselves in other nations, especially developed worlds? That's because platforms are success are accessible. Here our leaders had destroyed every opportunity to succeed. You go to school, your professor will teach you 1980 curriculum in 2017, how can you succeed.
You wanna do business, govt policies will frustrate your effort and destroy your hope.
You manage to have small money and comfort, your family and friends would kill your joy with demands and your supposed enemies would start planning your kidnapped.

Left, right and centre, people are seeing more hopelessness than hope. They are resigning to faith, after all, its always ending in futility.

A little effort elsewhere yields great result, here in Africa, everything is arranged, and a very big effort, is like toiling in vain.
We have brains, we have ideas, we have great aspirations but our realities are better described as FRUSTRATION.

In some other worlds, if you wanna be a doctor, just read well and have brains, here in Nigeria, apart from having the brains, you must also have the BRIBE, Otherwise, just go and read Botany (with all due respect to Botanists).

Dreams are struggling to breathe, not because they have no nostrils, but cuz someone, somewhere or something everywhere is holding the air pipe.

We are not Lazy, we are frustrated.
#mypieceofmind.

You cannot compare Nigeria or any African Country with countries in Europe which are 200years old or more. Its like comparing a 2 year old and a PHD accomplished 35 year old. There is a lot for the 2 year old to do and must be accomplished by both hard work and experience through time. But look at what your young people are doing? They are expecting someone else to give them a job. In the meantime they would rather complain, b*tch and whine. See, those advanced countries you talk about have been at our stage before but managed to breakthrough simply because they quickly realized thier breakthrough exists within thier ability to create own oppotunities. Is it what Africa is doing? Is it what Nigeria is doing? Thats the Lazyitis I am talking about. Too many people whine but dont have the stomach to make a difference. Indeed its a deadly disease that needs a strong cure
Re: Lazyitis Hits Nigeria by PatriotTemidayo: 5:14pm On Feb 12, 2017
cromwellk:

You cannot compare Nigeria or any African Country with countries in Europe which are 200years old or more. Its like comparing a 2 year old and a PHD accomplished 35 year old. There is a lot for the 2 year old to do and must be accomplished by both hard work and experience through time. But look at what your young people are doing? They are expecting someone else to give them a job. In the meantime they would rather complain, b*tch and whine. See, those advanced countries you talk about have been at our stage before but managed to breakthrough simply because they quickly realized thier breakthrough exists within thier ability to create own oppotunities. Is it what Africa is doing? Is it what Nigeria is doing? Thats the Lazyitis I am talking about. Too many people whine but dont have the stomach to make a difference. Indeed its a deadly disease that needs a strong cure
Thank you for the supply, you made my point clearer. Our world is different. We are not Lazy compared to other worlds, we have lesser opportunities to succeed. If you wanna talk about youths, please remember that youths in some of the countries you mentioned are worst at all the vices you mentioned. Does Nigerian youths do drugs more than US teens? Do we b*tch more than Italian youths, Na! Do we party more than the French, Lailai. Or engage in orgy more than the arabs? NO! The truth is, we are not at the same level with them and their success rate should not be measured against ours.
We are moving at the pace available to our level. Relativity, here is not justified. They are far ahead.
If our nation gets its head out of politics and direct Its gaze at development and growth, just like Singapore and Malaysia did, you'll be surprised at what the youths can achieve.
Re: Lazyitis Hits Nigeria by cromwellk: 5:47pm On Feb 12, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:

Thank you for the supply, you made my point clearer. Our world is different. We are not Lazy compared to other worlds, we have lesser opportunities to succeed. If you wanna talk about youths, please remember that youths in some of the countries you mentioned are worst at all the vices you mentioned. Does Nigerian youths do drugs more than US teens? Do we b*tch more than Italian youths, Na! Do we party more than the French, Lailai. Or engage in orgy more than the arabs? NO! The truth is, we are not at the same level with them and their success rate should not be measured against ours.
We are moving at the pace available to our level. Relativity, here is not justified. They are far ahead.
If our nation gets its head out of politics and direct Its gaze at development and growth, just like Singapore and Malaysia did, you'll be surprised at what the youths can achieve.

I don't see how my supply supports your arguement. How does laziness even link to orgies, drugs and parties? Lets come back to ground zero before we get lost. I am saying as Africans we are lazy because we expect other people to give us jobs. We are not creating anything? We are not adding value? We are complaining more than actually making a difference. You mentioned that Nigerians are dominating out there. I agree but but is it adding any value to Nigeria or even Africa? How many are these people in the first place? There are not too many so lets not waste effort there. Lets talk about people inside Africa/Nigeria like you and I because those are the people who have the capacity to make a difference in Africa. The avarage Joe in Africa expects a white dude to give him a job. I am from Zimbabwe but I know very well that even in your country (because i have stayed there for a while) the educated youngster is not a creator. He is expecting someone to give him job. Guess what? Its not Nigeria only, Zimbabwe too, Tanzania too, Botswana too and South Africa. I have been in thse countries so i know this. Therefore we a have problem. Look, we are not a victims. No! Required is a mindset change in Africa. By only doing that are we going to move from lazyness to becoming real creators. So dont say Africans are frustrated. We are lazy! I want to see a Cameroonian, or Nigerian or South African start an Uber or a Facebook or amazon or whatever! Thats my point. Lets create
Re: Lazyitis Hits Nigeria by PatriotTemidayo: 6:47pm On Feb 12, 2017
cromwellk:

I don't see how my supply supports your arguement. How does laziness even link to orgies, drugs and parties? Lets come back to ground zero before we get lost. I am saying as Africans we are lazy because we expect other people to give us jobs. We are not creating anything? We are not adding value? We are complaining more than actually making a difference. You mentioned that Nigerians are dominating out there. I agree but but is it adding any value to Nigeria or even Africa? How many are these people in the first place? There are not too many so lets not waste effort there. Lets talk about people inside Africa/Nigeria like you and I because those are the people who have the capacity to make a difference in Africa. The avarage Joe in Africa expects a white dude to give him a job. I am from Zimbabwe but I know very well that even in your country (because i have stayed there for a while) the educated youngster is not a creator. He is expecting someone to give him job. Guess what? Its not Nigeria only, Zimbabwe too, Tanzania too, Botswana too and South Africa. I have been in thse countries so i know this. Therefore we a have problem. Look, we are not a victims. No! Required is a mindset change in Africa. By only doing that are we going to move from lazyness to becoming real creators. So dont say Africans are frustrated. We are lazy! I want to see a Cameroonian, or Nigerian or South African start an Uber or a Facebook or amazon or whatever! Thats my point. Lets create
Well brother, I had wanted to guess that you're not really in Nigeria, from your tone and your latest statements gave credence to that. First, Lets go back to the statistics so we dont get lost in a sided argument. Just how many percent of your country and ours have university or tertiary education. In my country, only about 43%, which means largely, about 50% dont flaunt certificates to get jobs, cuz they dont have it. They survive on something and to tell you the truth, my country youths create lota jobs, even if its not for others, they at least employ themselves and try out so many ventures. The best craft jobs in my country are done by young men and women who are self-employed.
While I might not be able to speak for your country since I've never been there or have a friends who are from there, I could tell you that an average Nigerian have no respect for white dudes, they are hurslers in their own right and we happen to be a people that can tell an unruly white folk to shuff his job up his *ss.
The story is different between Zimbabwe and Nigeria, you guys have lota white folks running shows there, here our people run the shows. Both in business, and the entire corporate world.
Haven said that, I stand my ground that my Nigerian fellow lack opportunities to express themselves as much they would wanna or are capable of doing.

1 Like

Re: Lazyitis Hits Nigeria by cromwellk: 6:56pm On Feb 12, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:

Well brother, I had wanted to guess that you're not really in Nigeria, from your tone and your latest statements gave credence to that. First, Lets go back to the statistics so we dont get lost in a sided argument. Just how many percent of your country and ours have university or tertiary education. In my country, only about 43%, which means largely, about 50% dont flaunt certificates to get jobs, cuz they dont have it. They survive on something and to tell you the truth, my country youths create lota jobs, even if its not for others, they at least employ themselves and try out so many ventures. The best craft jobs in my country are done by young men and women who are self-employed.
While I might not be able to speak for your country since I've never been there or have a friends who are from there, I could tell you that an average Nigerian have no respect for white dudes, they are hurslers in their own right and we happen to be a people that can tell an unruly white folk to shuff his job up his *ss.
The story is different between Zimbabwe and Nigeria, you guys have lota white folks running shows there, here our people run the shows. Both in business, and the entire corporate world.
Haven said that, I stand my ground that my Nigerian fellow lack opportunities to express themselves as much they would wanna or are capable of doing.

Ok lets end the arguement. Here is my question to you. Is the avarege Joe (in Africa) adding value to the continent or the world?
Re: Lazyitis Hits Nigeria by PatriotTemidayo: 7:09pm On Feb 12, 2017
cromwellk:

Ok lets end the arguement. Here is my question to you. Is the avarege Joe (in Africa) adding value to the continent or the world?
Yes! Average Joe (in your word) add its own quota of value. Fish often rot from the head, if a good leader calls, the people always follow. Don't blame the thief that came to pillage, blame the guard that let him. If the govt of Africa call for 1million youths with great ideas and bankable plans, I am cock sure they'll get 20millions.
We are not a people without brains, we are a people without institutions and directions.
Re: Lazyitis Hits Nigeria by cromwellk: 7:26pm On Feb 12, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:

Yes! Average Joe (in your word) add its own quota of value. Fish often rot from the head, if a good leader calls, the people always follow. Don't blame the thief that came to pillage, blame the guard that let him. If the govt of Africa call for 1million youths with great ideas and bankable plans, I am cock sure they'll get 20millions.
We are not a people without brains, we are a people without institutions and directions.

You are really contradicting yourself you know? I am going to agree with you that there are millions of Africans with ideas. In fact evryone has an idea. I experienced it in Zambia and Tanzania, but the problem is why are they not implementing? Whats stopping you from becoming a creator in your own world? Comes back to the blaming and fingering...Gvt, spouse, corruption, capital and many other bullsh*t excuses. I hear you do the same thing. It really makes me passionately mad. Not at you but Africa iteself.
Re: Lazyitis Hits Nigeria by PatriotTemidayo: 8:41pm On Feb 12, 2017
cromwellk:

You are really contradicting yourself you know? I am going to agree with you that there are millions of Africans with ideas. In fact evryone has an idea. I experienced it in Zambia and Tanzania, but the problem is why are they not implementing? Whats stopping you from becoming a creator in your own world? Comes back to the blaming and fingering...Gvt, spouse, corruption, capital and many other bullsh*t excuses. I hear you do the same thing. It really makes me passionately mad. Not at you but Africa iteself.
Well, it is easier for you stay where you're and promulgate a generalization for an entire race. However, I have seen, witnessed and even had a fair share of govt policies destroying genuine business efforts and to remind you, Nigerians are one of the most creative people on earth. Creativity has to do with what is done, and not just at idea level. I'll encourage you to come walk through a single street in Lagos and then tell me if my people are lazy.

It takes a man who is creative to appreciate creativity, no matter how little. It takes someone who had been exposed to the harsh realities to understand what real implementations are.

For a quick jolt, thousands of business, Mostly SMEs are dying presently in Nigeria because the govt made a mess of the foreign exchange that determine access to machinery and chemicals for production.

Also, Incurable Lack of electricity is destroying individual businesses right now. As if that is not enough, the govt hiked fuel prices so much that people would rather close shops instead of run all their capital on diesel or petrol. Importation of certain products had been a serious bane of manufacturing in Nigeria. And also, access to financing is like looking for Godzilla in the dessert. I can go on and on.

I bet if you're talking about real businesses, and also if you are a practitioner, you would understand these things, like I do. But I think you're more of a theorist than a field persona.

In the last 4years, Nigerian youths have been coming up so strong in the area of software developments and other e-platforms, they could only excel because there are bodies such as the Google, facebook and Microsoft interested in them.
Re: Lazyitis Hits Nigeria by Yujin(m): 9:10pm On Feb 12, 2017
Temidayo, you responded so well. The situation between West Africa and Southern Africa is totally different. The OP may not understand based on where he has spent more years. Because of the Southern Africans, other races have no respect for us. Here in West Africa, our leaders are our bane. Our youths are not bereft of ideas or strength to add value like you rightly mentioned. Generally, we have a lot to do starting from our leaders. I'd have said our youth but its easy to derail their aims as we've seen in Libya.
Re: Lazyitis Hits Nigeria by cromwellk: 9:40pm On Feb 12, 2017
Yujin:
Temidayo, you responded so well. The situation between West Africa and Southern Africa is totally different. The OP may not understand based on where he has spent more years. Because of the Southern Africans, other races have no respect for us. Here in West Africa, our leaders are our bane. Our youths are not bereft of ideas or strength to add value like you rightly mentioned. Generally, we have a lot to do starting from our leaders. I'd have said our youth but its easy to derail their aims as we've seen in Libya.

The story is the same throughout Africa my brother. Nothing is new in your country. Travel and talk to people in Africa. I sense you have this illusion that Nigeria is different and therefore discounted from the rest of Africa. My discussion with you is not Nigeria vs SA, Zim, Cameroon or Tanzania. No. Ok? I am saying we tend to blame our situation, our location, parents, leaders, spouses, kids, gvt etc. I see this everywhere in Africa. Even in our exchange. I am not denying our capabilities. This is the primary reason creators are so few in Africa. We have cultivated the wrong culture
Re: Lazyitis Hits Nigeria by Yujin(m): 10:11pm On Feb 12, 2017
Bro, if you query why no African country is getting it right then I agree with you but if you blame all Africans of being lazy whether physically or intellectually, then I'll never agree with you. The ability to identify the right problem will help our discussion very well. The problem with Nigeria is a different ball game. Look at the entertainment sector- motion pictures and music we've been successful through handwork. Academically, we've broken records in virtually all the continents of the world. You can google to confirm for yourself. When it comes to entrepreneurship, even in the country you presently reside, I can bet you have lots of Nigerians doing their own businesses with success. What else do you expect of our youths? Our problem is certainly not laziness. We certainly have lots of lazy youths but I tell you the hardworking ones are far more than the layabouts. The problem in Southern Africa is quite close to laziness. I'm not trying to sound divisive. We're all blacks and our situation is very pathetic to say the least.

(1) (Reply)

Doctors Advise Buhari To Resign From Presidency Over Seriousness Of His Illness / Break: Nigerians Attack Mtn Head Office Abuja / Obasanjo To Be Nominated For Nobel Peace Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.