Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,914 members, 7,952,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:58 PM

What Do You Think Should Motive Personal Development: Money Or Effectiveness? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Do You Think Should Motive Personal Development: Money Or Effectiveness? (445 Views)

Why Personal Development Is Important / Personal Effectiveness Course / My Personal Development Plans For 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think Should Motive Personal Development: Money Or Effectiveness? by sammyscholar(m): 3:12pm On Feb 12, 2017
Personality development is a much-talked about topic in all strata. While some were encouraged from within to develop themselves; some were encouraged without - through advice from parents, teachers, employers and other persons in place of authoriy.

Two major things could be said to be the reason why one must develop himself. One is EFFECTIVENESS; and another is MONEY. So, the question (and the crux of the post) is: which of these two factors (reasons) should come first? What should really motivate a man/woman to develop him/her self: Money or Effectiveness?

By effectiveness here, I mean being effective in ones profession, relationship and in the society at large. I await your intelligent responses.
Re: What Do You Think Should Motive Personal Development: Money Or Effectiveness? by hemartins(m): 3:17pm On Feb 12, 2017
Personally, effectiveness comes first. Once you are very effective in what you do, your values increases. Money follows.
Re: What Do You Think Should Motive Personal Development: Money Or Effectiveness? by sammyscholar(m): 3:30pm On Feb 12, 2017
hemartins:
Personally, effectiveness comes first. Once you are very effective in what you do, your values increases. Money follows.
I hold this personally, too. I love to see myself being more effective and proficient in what I do. I can go miles to develop myself than to make cheap money. Give me money and I will thank you for once; but help me to develop myself and I will thank you forever.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Discover How I Started My First Online Business With No Money / Empowertech Live In Egbeda..... / Create Ads, Logo's,designs,book Covers,flyers,event Cover,etc For Just #2500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.