Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,379 members, 7,836,541 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God (11204 Views)

Nasa Finds Evidence And Proves The Bible Is True: The Missing Day / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! / Atheists: Empirical Reasoning For The Existence Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by viaro: 6:26pm On Dec 07, 2009
KunleOshob:

Mmmmmh a leopard truly cannot change it's spots, highlighted above are classic lines from pilgrim.1

Oh, I see. Could you refer me to such quotes by her? This must be intersting. cheesy
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:27pm On Dec 07, 2009
Yet another subpoena, appear now or risk being tried in your absence angry
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by viaro: 6:29pm On Dec 07, 2009
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 07, 2009
Seriously people need to stop saying "if God is all loving why is there evil?". It's a weak argument and there is an explanation for it. What you need to ask these creationists is if every design has a designer, then what or who designed God?

Also to the guy saying "God was never talked of as a man in the bible", I guess the HE/HIS in the Bible are wrong right? Because the Bible simply used HE/HIS to describe God. Misinterpretation? The Bible itself is a misinterpretation of human history.

Aquina's creationist argument is simply what you guys are using and it is so flawed to the extent that it is BIAS. It has a premises which says something like In the Natural world not everything has a beginning therefor the creator doesn't have to have a beginning. If this isn't some bigot from Rome who is?

Last but not the least. Many are using phones complexity etc to explain that there is a designer. First of all, There are different kinds of complex electronics out there and they all have different designers so what's your point? We have all kinds of complex living organisms on this planet so they all have a single designer? You guys must be in mental torture. Why can't you just say God set evolution in progress?
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 07, 2009
where is ogaga4luv wey talk say God no dey?

undecided
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by No2Atheism(m): 8:48pm On Dec 07, 2009
9jaganja:

Seriously people need to stop saying "if God is all loving why is there evil?". It's a weak argument and there is an explanation for it. What you need to ask these creationists is if every design has a designer, then what or who designed God?

In terms of Spiritual Evil:
---------------------------------------

I do not know the answer to that question.

In terms of Physical Evil:

- There is something called Free-will amongst human beings.

- The argument is easily defeated by the fact that they themselves "have the free will to question The Creator". : ITS SEEMS PEOPLE DO NOT EVEN REALISE THAT IF THERE WAS NO FREE WILL IN HUMANS, THEY THEMSELVES WOULD NOT EVEN BE IN A POSITION TO EVEN ASK THAT KIND OF QUESTION.

- If The Creator wanted Robots He could have created us (Humans) without free-will. How we choose to excercise the free-will is ours alone to determine.
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by sofadj(m): 10:31pm On Dec 07, 2009
IT'S ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE TO PROVE GOD'S EXISTENCE ESPECIALLY WITH ALL THESE MAN-MADE INSTRUMENTS AND TECHNIQUES.

HOW CAN U PROVE A "THING" WITH A RULE AND THEM CLAIM THE ''THING'' DOES NOT OBEY DT RULE IN ANOTHER INSTANCE.

FORGET ALL THESE CREATOR CREATES CREATION INSINUATIONS AND RIDDLE-LIKE QUESTIONS.
GOD HAS TO REVEAL HIMSELF TO U TO PROVE HIS EXISTENCE. BUT WAIT A MINUTE, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING TO LOSE BY BELIEVING IN GOD'S EXISTENCE? IMO NO ! BUT WHAT IF AT THE END HE EXISTS IMAGINE WHAT U'L LOSE BY THEN.

MY ADVICE TO ATHEISTS.

DROP ALL THESE UR PECKIN AROUND CLAIMING THERE'S NO GOD, I BET U SIT AROUND EVERYDAY DISTURBING UR MIND WITH ALL THESE THOUGHTS, WHEN U CAN JUST SIMPLY BELIEVE AND MOVE ON WITH UR LIFE.
WHAT EXACTLY DO U HAVE TO GAIN?, DOES IT MAKE U FEEL BETTER?.
SOME PEOPLE SAY IT'S A FORM OF SLAVERY BUT I DOUBT THAT.

CAN SINGING MELODIOUS SONGS TO SOMEONE BE A FORM OF SLAVERY?
TAKING FEW OF UR TIME TO PRAY AND COMMIT UR WAYS INTO HIS HANDS SLAVERY?
AND THESE GOES ON,

IT'S VERY NATURAL THAT AFTER A DISASTER MOST PEOPLE TEND TO ASK THE QUESTION IS THERE A GOD? WHY WOULD HE WATCH ALL THESE EVIL BEFALL ME?, ALL THESE REMAIN MYSTERY.

BUT THE QUESTION ATHEISTS DONT ASK ARE:

1. WHAT IF REALLY THERE IS A GOD?
2. WHAT IF WE ARE MISSING SOMETHING?
3. WHAT IF THERE REALLY IS LIFE(ETERNITY) AFTER DEATH?
4. WHAT IF I'M WRONG?

REALLY FOR JUST THIS ONE TIME STAY ON THE MAJORITY SIDE SO U WONT REGRET IT AFTER ALL.

I ALSO ASKED A LOT OF QUESTIONS AS A KID , BUT I JUST DECIDED TO WORSHIP THIS UNSEEN GOD AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS AFTERALL HIS COMMANDMENTS ARE TO MAKE ME A BETTER PERSON.

GOD OFCOURSE LATER REVEALED HIMSELF TO ME PERSONALLY AND SINCE THEN I'VE HAD NO DOUBT ABOUT HIS EXISTENCE.

MY ADVICE TO THEISTS:

QUIT TRYING TO PROVE GOD'S EXISTENCE BECAUSE U CAN NEVER DO WITH UR MOUTH. THE MORE U TRY, THE MORE U ARE LET DOWN BY UR PROOFS AND THE MORE U CONVINCE THE ATHEISTS DT GOD DOESNT EXIST. PRAY FOR GOD TO REVEAL HIMSELF TO THEM THAT'S ALL.
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by Krayola(m): 10:51pm On Dec 07, 2009
My question is this. Why didn't God say anything about heaven, hell (as the fate of man after death) remission of sins etc to any of the patriarchs, or other great leaders of the Israelites  . . Not Abraham, not Moses, not Joshua, not David, not Solomon.  Why didn't that come up Till Israel was under foreign rule? Why was Paul,  That never met Jesus, mentions little to nothing about his teachings and works,   The person that pretty much set these ideas as central to God's plan?
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by bellisma(f): 11:00pm On Dec 07, 2009
theres really no need to argue 4 those dt dont bliv in God just die or sumtin, then u ll know if He exists.
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by Krayola(m): 11:23pm On Dec 07, 2009
na just topic for debate my broda. . .no need to recommend death to me. . wetin i do u?   
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by No2Atheism(m): 11:29pm On Dec 07, 2009
bellisma:

theres really  no need to argue 4 those dt dont bliv in God just die or sumtin, then u ll know if He exists.

- I would not wish it even on my enemy to die first and find out the truth later.

- After death there is no second chance hence I would gladly prefer we do everything in our power to help atheist see reason.
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by mazaje(m): 12:28am On Dec 08, 2009
No2Atheism:

In terms of Physical Evil:

- There is something called Free-will amongst human beings.

This is false the word free will does not appear in the bible and the bible actually negates the free will argument. . . .the god of the bible does not give humans a choice.  According to the bible, everything you do and will do, from birth to death, is already known to the biblegod and written down in his book before you were born.

"your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:16

- The argument is easily defeated by the fact that they themselves "have the free will to question The Creator". : ITS SEEMS PEOPLE DO NOT EVEN REALISE THAT IF THERE WAS NO FREE WILL IN HUMANS, THEY THEMSELVES WOULD NOT EVEN BE IN A POSITION TO EVEN ASK THAT KIND OF QUESTION.

The bible does not talk about people having the free will to choose anything. . . .there are verses that say that Christians were chosen before they were born. . . . Read some of Paul's letter where he talks about predestination. . .

- If The Creator wanted Robots He could have created us (Humans) without free-will. How we choose to excercise the free-will is ours alone to determine.

False again because Nothing like that exist in the bible. . . If the bible is true and if humanity actually had freedom of choice, then there would be the risk that the prophecies espoused in the bible could be negated by humans choosing differently than what that god would need them to do in order to fulfill the prophecies if they posses free will. . . . . .In fact, every single moment of your day is completely and totally controlled by god according to the hypothesis, to follow precisely that which is already known to him. . . . . You have absolutely no choice in anything whatsoever because god according to the hypothesis already knows everything.  You will get up when god already knows you to get up, you will wear what god already knows you will wear, you will run over that specific cat that god already knows you will run over.  You cannot swerve your car to avoid it, because god already knows you will kill that cat, years before you were even born according to the bible so where did the free will argument come from?
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by No2Atheism(m): 12:45am On Dec 08, 2009
mazaje:

This is false the word free will does not appear in the bible and the bible actually negates the free will argument. . . .the god of the bible does not give humans a choice.  According to the bible, everything you do and will do, from birth to death, is already known to the biblegod and written down in his book before you were born.

"your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:16

The bible does not talk about people having the free will to choose anything. . . .there are verses that say that Christians were chosen before they were born. . . . Read some of Paul's letter where he talks about predestination. . .

False again because Nothing like that exist in the bible. . . If the bible is true and if humanity actually had freedom of choice, then there would be the risk that the prophecies espoused in the bible could be negated by humans choosing differently than what that god would need them to do in order to fulfill the prophecies if they posses free will. . . . . .In fact, every single moment of your day is completely and totally controlled by god according to the hypothesis, to follow precisely that which is already known to him. . . . . You have absolutely no choice in anything whatsoever because god according to the hypothesis already knows everything.  You will get up when god already knows you to get up, you will wear what god already knows you will wear, you will run over that specific cat that god already knows you will run over.  You cannot swerve your car to avoid it, because god already knows you will kill that cat, years before you were even born according to the bible so where did the free will argument come from?

This is really ridiculous . . .to be frank.

How exactly does this have to do with choice . . . and free will.

I hope you know their is a difference between "Days" and "Free will" . . .

-----------------------------------------------------------

One word for all the mis-information . . .

Book of Genesis

Man was created with the ability to make a choice in the Book of Genesis.

Chapter 1

26 ¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Chapter 2

15 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
-----------
19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
--------
23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

Chapter 3

3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
--------
6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

[size=20pt]
CHECK THE HIGHLIGHT POINTS FOR YOUR FREE-WILL IN THE CREATED MAN.[/size]
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by Nobody: 12:49am On Dec 08, 2009
One olodo posted pictures of a face on the moon. If that is real, does that look like Jesus' face? Secondly, Same person posted a picture of Jesus on toasted bread or was it tortillas? That doesn't prove the existence of God in fact what that proves is that not everything needs a designer. If in fact Jesus' face was on that bread, then it happened randomly right? YES since no one pasted his face on toasted bread. Have you seen Jesus before? NO so how do you know that was him on toasted bread? Illusion and wishful thinking.

@No2atheism

Don't tell me you believe God said once you eat from a particular tree, you'll die? Wait how will you guys explain Dinosaurs?

Seriously how would you religious folks explain Dinosaurs? We've seen their bones dating as far back as 1million years old. How would you explain that? Human skeletons and skulls dating back millions of years how would you explain that? God created the earth in 7days 6 thousand years ago but there are rocks and mountains dating back billions of years. How would you explain that?

No educated man would believe the Bible.
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by No2Atheism(m): 1:07am On Dec 08, 2009
@9jaganja

1. With the flood

2. I am a scientist by nature, researcher by degree programme. . . hence even when I don't want to, I subconsciously tend to ask questions rather than go with the generally accepted dogma.

3. I know that not one dating method is absolute. They are all based on assumptions, such as circular reasoning, for example: rocks are dated by fossils found in them, and yet the same fossils are also dated by the same rocks  shocked shocked shocked. That is two assumptions are used as references for each other.

4. I hope you  know that dinosaur bones containing blood have been found, hence that alone completely rubbishes the idea of millions of years. Not to even talk of the polystrata fossils and the scientific problems with dating accuracy.

FOR EXAMPLE, A ROCK THAT WAS RECENTLY FORMED AND WHOSE AGE IS KNOWN CUS IT OCCURED DURING OUR MODERN TIME, GUESS WAT: WHEN SOME DATING METHODS WERE USED, COMPLETELY HORRENDOUS AND CONTRADICTORY ANSWERS WERE OBTAINED.

SO YOU SEE, AS A SCIENTIST BY NATURE, IT SIMPLY TELLS ME THAT IF DATING METHODS ARE NOT ACCURATE FOR AGES THAT ARE KNOWN, HOW THE HECK DO WE EXPECT THEM TO BE ACCURATE FOR AGES THAT ARE UNKNOWN.

5. Archealogical findings are consistent with a sudden global catastrophe and not with gradual millions of years accummulation of fossils.

6. Polystrata fossils alone is a serious problem for evolutionary thinking.

7. There are ancient carvings showing that humans knew about Dinosaurs even before the modern misnomer known as the Theory of Evolution.

SO IN SUMMARY, DINOSAURS ARE NOT A PROBLEM FOR ME AS FAR AS CREATION IS CONCERNED.

9jaganja:

shocked shocked shocked

Well,

- I am educated
- I am a bible believer

Hence I am an educated man who believes the Bible . . . infact it is very consistent with scientific observations.
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by Krayola(m): 1:19am On Dec 08, 2009
9jaganja:

One olodo posted pictures of a face on the moon. If that is real, does that look like Jesus' face? Secondly, Same person posted a picture of Jesus on toasted bread or was it tortillas? That doesn't prove the existence of God in fact what that proves is that not everything needs a designer. If in fact Jesus' face was on that bread, then it happened randomly right? YES since no one pasted his face on toasted bread. Have you seen Jesus before? NO so how do you know that was him on toasted bread? Illusion and wishful thinking.

Professor Peller.  . . did u even bother to read the post that had those pictures in it to see the point that the author was trying to make with the pictures? For someone going off about what an educated person should believe u sound like a stark illiterate. Blow-hard doofus!!

9jaganja:

That is officially the dumbest post ever made on Nairaland!! WTF do u know about the bible? I'm shocked u can spell "educated"
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by Nobody: 1:34am On Dec 08, 2009
No2Atheism:

@9jaganja

1. With the flood

2. I am a scientist by nature, researcher by degree programme. . . hence even when I don't want to, I subconsciously tend to ask questions rather than go with the generally accepted dogma.

3. I know that not one dating method is absolute. They are all based on assumptions, such as circular reasoning, where rocks are dated by something which itself is dated by the same rocks  shocked shocked shocked. That is two assumptions are used as references for each other.

4. I hope you  know that dinosaur bones containing blood have been found, hence that alone completely rubbishes the idea of millions of years. Not to even talk of the polystrata fossils and the scientific problems with dating accuracy.

FOR EXAMPLE, A ROCK THAT WAS RECENTLY FORMED VIA AND WHICH AGE IS KNOWN CUS IT OCCURED DURING OUR MODERN TIME, GUESS WAT: WHEN SOME THE DATING METHODS WERE USED, COMPLETELY HORRENDOUS AND CONTRADICTORY ANSWERS WERE OBTAINED.

SO YOU SEE, AS A SCIENTIST BY NATURE, IT SIMPLY TELLS ME THAT IF DATING METHODS ARE NOT ACCURATE FOR AGES THAT ARE KNOWN, HOW THE HECK DO WE EXPECT THEM TO BE ACCURATE FOR AGES THAT ARE UNKNOWN.

5. Archealogical findings are consistent with a sudden global catastrophe and not with gradual millions of years accummulation of fossils.

6. Polystrata fossils alone is a serious problem for evolutionary thinking.

7. There are ancient carvings showing that humans knew about Dinosaurs even before the modern misnomer known as the Theory of Evolution.

SO IN SUMMARY, DINOSAURS ARE NOT A PROBLEM FOR ME AS FAR AS CREATION IS CONCERNED.

shocked shocked shocked

Well,

- I am educated
- I am a bible believer

Hence I am an educated man who believes the Bible . . . infact it is very consistent with scientific observations.

Please let me know where you found something about Dinosaur bones with blood. Also, you can't dispute dating just like that. It has worked on many many situations which are used to uncover many things about space and it worked so Saying it's not correct is a just out right bigotry. Bigotry in the sense that saying the radio metric dating is not correct is just to prove your point of earth's 6k years old. All forms of dating methods puts the earth between 4.5 to 4.7 billion years old. 

Since the earth is 6k years old according to you guys, then dinosaurs should be less than 6k years old or 6k years old. But that is not the case. Dinosaurs are older than that. You can't dispute scientific dating which is used in everyday historic and space findings base on your own hypothesis. So explain your point more clearly or concede that the Bible was wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiA9QiAnA8I

That video speaks of Africans who have been in modern day India 12k years ago. Now tell me that was an error? You can watch that. There are thousand other artifacts that are dated as more than 6k years old are they all wrong too? Carbon and radio metric datings are scientific dating methods and they are widely accepted in the science community so for you to dispute all it's works here on Nairaland just to prove the earth is 6k years old is unexplainable.

It doesn't have to be accurate but it's not far from accuracy. By the way science provided an objective method to prove the earth is more than 6k years old. What method do you guys have to that the earth is 6k years old? Go b3yond please (Sorry had to use my PS3 thing there hahah)

There is nothing like Scientist by nature. You don't naturally have the skills to know, you develop those skills.

@Krayola

Sorry if you were offended by my post but hey, education doesn't mean getting degrees.
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by Krayola(m): 2:03am On Dec 08, 2009
haha. I wasn't offended. Was just tryin to get u to debate me. . . lol. My strategy didn't work grin .  I didn't mean the insults. . . no vex o

But u said "does that look like Jesus' face?" I was wondering if u could tell us what Jesus looks like

Also. . .Not everyone that believes in the Bible takes everything in the bible literally. So maybe u should have said "no educated person would believe everything in the bible literally". . . I would have agreed with that 100%
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by Nobody: 2:17am On Dec 08, 2009
Krayola:

haha. I wasn't offended. Was just tryin to get u to debate me. . . lol. My strategy didn't work  grin .  I didn't mean the insults. . . no vex o

But u said "does that look like Jesus' face?" I was wondering if u could tell us what Jesus looks like

Also. . .Not everyone that believes in the Bible takes everything in the bible literally. So maybe u should have said "no educated person would believe everything in the bible literally". . . I would have agreed with that 100%
Hahaha I didn't have debate on my mind. I thought I just offended someone that meant no harm. Sorry.

Ok what are your premises? Your points?

I didn't mean that was Jesus' on the toasted bread, I was just saying the poster haven't seen jesus so how did he or she know that was Jesus. It might sound funny but That looks more like the European representation of Jesus but Jesus wasn't European according to the Bible. So that might be Caesar or Anda the second son of pope Alexandra the sixth of Rome Or a rastaman hahaha

@bolded
I'm sorry if you were offended by my previous post I guess that's what I should've said. Thanks
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by bellisma(f): 6:29pm On Dec 08, 2009
bellisma its feminine k am a girl not broda, u no offend me.
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by sofadj(m): 7:44pm On Dec 08, 2009
Krayola:

My question is this. Why didn't God say anything about heaven, hell (as the fate of man after death) remission of sins etc to any of the patriarchs, or other great leaders of the Israelites  . . Not Abraham, not Moses, not Joshua, not David, not Solomon.  Why didn't that come up Till Israel was under foreign rule? Why was Paul,  That never met Jesus, mentions little to nothing about his teachings and works,   The person that pretty much set these ideas as central to God's plan? 

HI EVERYONE I SEE YOOU GUYS ARE'NT HEEDING TO MY ADVICE
JUST TO REMIND YOU

sofa-dj:

IT'S ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE TO PROVE GOD'S EXISTENCE ESPECIALLY WITH ALL THESE MAN-MADE INSTRUMENTS AND TECHNIQUES.

HOW CAN U PROVE A "THING" WITH A RULE AND THEM CLAIM THE ''THING'' DOES NOT OBEY DT RULE IN ANOTHER INSTANCE.

FORGET ALL THESE CREATOR CREATES CREATION INSINUATIONS AND RIDDLE-LIKE QUESTIONS.
GOD HAS TO REVEAL HIMSELF TO U TO PROVE HIS EXISTENCE. BUT WAIT A MINUTE, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING TO LOSE BY BELIEVING IN GOD'S EXISTENCE? IMO NO ! BUT WHAT IF AT THE END HE EXISTS IMAGINE WHAT U'L LOSE BY THEN.

MY ADVICE TO ATHEISTS.

DROP ALL THESE your PECKIN AROUND CLAIMING THERE'S NO GOD, I BET U SIT AROUND EVERYDAY DISTURBING your  MIND WITH ALL THESE THOUGHTS, WHEN U CAN JUST SIMPLY BELIEVE AND MOVE ON WITH your LIFE.
WHAT EXACTLY DO U HAVE TO GAIN?,  DOES IT MAKE U FEEL BETTER?.
SOME PEOPLE SAY IT'S A FORM OF SLAVERY BUT I DOUBT THAT.

CAN SINGING MELODIOUS SONGS TO SOMEONE BE A FORM OF SLAVERY?
TAKING FEW OF your TIME TO PRAY AND COMMIT your WAYS INTO HIS HANDS SLAVERY?
AND THESE GOES ON,

IT'S VERY NATURAL THAT AFTER A DISASTER MOST PEOPLE TEND TO ASK THE QUESTION IS THERE A GOD? WHY WOULD HE WATCH ALL THESE EVIL BEFALL ME?,  ALL THESE REMAIN MYSTERY.

BUT THE QUESTION ATHEISTS DONT ASK ARE:

1. WHAT IF REALLY THERE IS A GOD?
2. WHAT IF WE ARE MISSING SOMETHING?
3. WHAT IF THERE REALLY IS LIFE(ETERNITY) AFTER DEATH?
4. WHAT IF I'M WRONG? 

REALLY FOR JUST THIS ONE TIME STAY ON THE MAJORITY SIDE SO U WONT REGRET IT AFTER ALL.

I ALSO ASKED A LOT OF QUESTIONS AS A KID , BUT I  JUST DECIDED TO WORSHIP THIS UNSEEN GOD AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS AFTERALL HIS COMMANDMENTS ARE TO MAKE ME A BETTER PERSON.

GOD OFCOURSE LATER REVEALED HIMSELF TO ME PERSONALLY AND SINCE THEN I'VE HAD NO DOUBT ABOUT HIS EXISTENCE.

MY ADVICE TO THEISTS:

QUIT TRYING TO PROVE GOD'S EXISTENCE BECAUSE U CAN NEVER DO WITH your MOUTH. THE MORE U TRY, THE MORE U ARE LET DOWN BY your PROOFS AND THE MORE U CONVINCE THE ATHEISTS DT GOD DOESNT EXIST. PRAY FOR GOD TO REVEAL HIMSELF TO THEM THAT'S ALL.

ONE QUESTION TO THE THEISTS ARGUING ON NL, NOTOATHEISM,NAIJAGANGAN,

HOW MANY ATHEISTS HAVE YOU CONVERTED WITH ARGUMENTS?JUST CURIOUS
BANOM CLAIMS HE IS CONVERTED BUT HE NEVER SAID IT HAD TO DO WITH ANY OF THE ARGUMENTS HE HAD ON NL, HE SAID HE JUST THOUGHT AND MADE D DECISION(ASK ME I'D SAY HEAVENLY VISITATION)

AND TO ATHEISTS , U ASK SO MANY QUESTIONS BUT U DONT ASK VERY SIMPLE ABD OBVIOUS ONES, I WONDER WHY.
HAVE YOU EVER TAKE THE PAIN TO ASK ANY OF CONVERTED ATHEISTS IF THEY NOW HAVE ANSWERS TO THOSE RIDDLE-LIKE QUESTIONS YOU GUYS POSE. ASK BANOM IF HE NOW HAS ANSWERS TO THOSE QUESTINS HE ASKED VIALOR AND CO. WELL U WOULDNT BECAUSE THE OBVIOUS ANSWER IS "NO"

Krayola:

SO KRAYOLA ARE THESE WHAT MAKE IT DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO BELIEVE THERE IS A GOD?

MAN I GOT TO SAY THESE,
I CHOOSE NOT REPLY TO ANY OF THE QUESTIONS.
REASON: I CAN'T SAY FOR SURE WHY GOD DID WHATEVER HE DID.
I'M SURE IF I REPLY ANY OF THOSE U'RE GONA FIND A HOLE IN MY RESPONSE AND THEN THAT WOULD LEAD TO ANOTHER ARGUMENT WHICH IS THE LAST THING WE NEED NOW.

PLS NOTE THIS : I HAVE QUESTIONS OF MY OWN TOO, SO MANY THAT I CAN'T ANSWER. YES I CAN'T TELL U I UNDERSTAND EVERY THING ABOUT GOD AND ANY ONE who SAYS SO OBVIOUSLY LIES.

BUT THERE IS ONE THING FOR SURE,
NO MATTER HOW TRUE A FACT IS IF "ERROR" IS WHAT U WANNA FIND, U ARE BOUND TO SEE ERRORS .

CIAO.
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by mazaje(m): 7:50pm On Dec 08, 2009
sofa-dj:

BUT THERE IS ONE THING FOR SURE,
NO MATTER HOW TRUE A FACT IS IF "ERROR" IS WHAT U WANNA FIND, U ARE BOUND TO SEE ERRORS .

CIAO.

Hope you know what a fact is? It is a fact that men do NOT give birth to children, tell me what error is to be found in that fact?
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by IDINRETE: 7:58pm On Dec 08, 2009
@sofa-dj

"GOD OFCOURSE LATER REVEALED HIMSELF TO ME PERSONALLY AND SINCE THEN I'VE HAD NO DOUBT ABOUT HIS EXISTENCE."

please just out of curiosity,
how did that "GOD" reveal "HIMSELF" to you?
how did you ascertain the gender of that "GOD"?
what was the complexion?
In what language did "HE" speak to you?

please enlighten me.
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by iorhenter(m): 9:17am On Dec 10, 2009
MY ADVICE TO THEISTS:

QUIT TRYING TO PROVE GOD'S EXISTENCE BECAUSE U CAN NEVER DO WITH your MOUTH. THE MORE U TRY, THE MORE U ARE LET DOWN BY your PROOFS AND THE MORE U CONVINCE THE ATHEISTS DT GOD DOESNT EXIST. PRAY FOR GOD TO REVEAL HIMSELF TO THEM THAT'S ALL.

It's an advice indeed, afterall the Bible foretold that all these will happen.

Science is changeing everyday, old findings are giving way to new Discoveries and a lot is being changed about what was actually known and written. Believe me Charles Darwin never had the Idea about a cell the way we do now. Some scientist of the old died knowing that the Earth was Flat and some kind of tangible substances or objects held it aloft. Is that true today? But long ago the Bible gave the Description of the Earth
Job 26:7

7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.
KJV

Isa 40:22

22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
KJV

WHAT YOU KNOW TO BE A SCIENTIFIC FACT TODAY WILL NOT BE TOMMOROW, THIS IS A FACT IN ITSELF. The BIBLE never changes, it's SAME yesterday, today and Tommorow Because the words are facts
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by ikhideman(m): 11:13am On Dec 10, 2009
@ isorry4u :

There's one thing you should know; in Genesis Chapter 2, God gave man total dominion over all the earth - meaning man became the "god" of this world - hence, God couldn't do anything without man on the earth, but man (in Chapter 3) handed that dominion over to the devil. Hence, the devil is the god of this world (2Corinthians 4:4).

God in His Mercy, decided to provide a way out by sending His son - Jesus to pay (with His blood) for the redemption the world - through a simple means: Believe in your heart that Jesus is the son of God & Confess him as Lord over your life.

I'm sorry for the loss of your dad at that young age - which isn't pleasant at all, the devil caused his death because its not the Will of God for anyone to die young (Psalm 91:16); but now you have your life to live, you can live it abundantly on the earth by accepting Jesus into your life, because that's one of the reasons Jesus came (John 10:10). The abundant life includes: Divine health, Wealth, Long life and other good things (James 1:17).
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by itismd(m): 12:14pm On Dec 10, 2009
Plenty psychos in the house
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by stede(m): 5:10pm On Dec 10, 2009
wonders shall never end
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by mazaje(m): 2:07pm On Dec 11, 2009
No2Atheism:

This is really ridiculous . . .to be frank.

How exactly does this have to do with choice . . . and free will.

I hope you know their is a difference between "Days" and "Free will" . . .

-----------------------------------------------------------

One word for all the mis-information . . .

Book of Genesis

Man was created with the ability to make a choice in the Book of Genesis.

Chapter 1

26 ¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Chapter 2

15 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
-----------
19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
--------
23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

Chapter 3

3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
--------
6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

[size=20pt]
CHECK THE HIGHLIGHT POINTS FOR YOUR FREE-WILL IN THE CREATED MAN.[/size]

Your post is truly laughable. . . . according to the story Adam & Eve did not even know right from wrong until they ate the magic fruit. According to the story the bible god allowed a tempter who happened to be his worst enemy to influence them before they were magically imbued with the knowledge of right vs. wrong. So how does that story make any sense to you? The bible god decided to punish adam and eve without them even knowing the difference between right and wrong. . .This remains one of the most useless stories in the bible. . . . .

Lets assume for the sake of this disccusion that the myth was a true story. . . Would any of us have made the same mistake as Adam? If your answer is yes, then this means that the god of the bible made a flawed product when creating humans; if your answer is no, then why should people be subject to Adam's punishment?

Why should people even accept the Adam and Eve story as literal history especially since it is an obvious copy from other ancient near eastern creation myths that predate it. Plus the story is filled with nonsense which defies common sense. . . . . .Your free will concept with regards to the Adam and Eve story makes no sense at all. . .
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by No2Atheism(m): 2:56pm On Dec 11, 2009
mazaje:

Your free will concept with regards to the Adam and Eve story makes no sense at all. . .

- I was asked to show how Adam and Eve had free will . . . I showed it to you . . . then you say it makes no sense.

- If something like that does not make sense to you, even though its very clear to see . . .as i have painstakingly taken time out to highlight where they excercised free-will and how the Creator Himself . . .waited for Adam to use his free will to name the animals. Then I am sorry I do not have time to waste to discuss further with you, cus it shows you only choose to see what you want to see and it also shows you are willing to say anything just to make your point even if your point is pointless.

- You have already said somewhere on nairaland that "you do not know", yet here you are saying that something that is clear is senseless despite that you already said you do not know shocked shocked shocked.

- Since you claim not to know, then it means your atheism stand is based on faith [/b]and not on fact. . . cus it can only be fact [b]if you know.

- You can't know if you choose not to know . . . keep on excercising your faith in atheism.

[size=15pt]Have a good day, I have better things to do with my time both on nairaland and off it.
[/size]
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by mazaje(m): 3:27pm On Dec 11, 2009
No2Atheism:

- I was asked to show how Adam and Eve had free will . . . I showed it to you . . . then you say it makes no sense.

What did you show me? grin grin

-
If something like that does not make sense to you, even though its very clear to see . . .as i have painstakingly taken time out to highlight where they excercised free-will and how the Creator Himself . . .waited for Adam to use his free will to name the animals. Then I am sorry I do not have time to waste to discuss further with you, cus it shows you only choose to see what you want to see and it also shows you are willing to say anything just to make your point even if your point is pointless.

What has the myth of adam namimg all the animals got to do with the free will concept? Free will also invloves making right or wrong decisions no? How can the mythical Adam and Eve have free will to do thing without them knowing the difference between what is right and what is wrong? How can they make the right choice using this elusive free will argument? And by the way what name did Adam give to these animals. .

[img]http://zaxy.files./2006/07/lost-world-1-kangaroo.jpg[/img]

- You have already said somewhere on nairaland that "you do not know", yet here you are saying that something that is clear is senseless despite that you already said you do not know shocked shocked shocked.

I think you are only trying to pat yourself on the back here because you are tottaly mischracterizing what I said. . .

- Since you claim not to know, then it means your atheism stand is based on faith [/b]and not on fact. . . cus it can only be fact [b]if you know.

My atheism is based on the FACT that all the gods of man made religion were created by men. . . .

[size=15pt]Have a good day, I have better things to do with my time both on nairaland and off it.
[/size]

Have a good day trying to trying to prove to the member of NL that jesus is was a blak man. . . wink
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by sofadj(m): 5:41pm On Dec 12, 2009
mazaje:

Hope you know what a fact is? It is a fact that men do NOT give birth to children, tell me what error is to be found in that fact?

IF I FIND AN ERROR IN THAT STATEMENT WOULD YOU BELIEVE THE EARLIER THEORY?.
Re: How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God by sofadj(m): 5:50pm On Dec 12, 2009

IF I DONT WANT TO BELIEVE THIS STATEMENT I WOULD SIMPLY PICK MY DICTIONARY

in my dictionary, men could mean workforce.
the generic use of the word to refer to any human being e.g. "it was every man for himself"

AND VOILA I HAVE DISPROVED IT.

IF I WANT TO BELIEVE IT I SIMPLY HARMONIZE MY MIND WITH DT OF THE WRITER AND THE TRUTH IN HIS WORDS COME TO MY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT.

YOU READ ALL WHAT I WROTE BUT BECAUSE YOU WANTED SOMETHING TO BE WRONG THERE U PICKED OUT JUST THAT PART OF IT WHICH REALLY HAD NOTHING MUCH TO DO WITH THE OTHER THING S THAT I WROTE.

FOR THIS SAME REASON YOU'RE GOIN TO BE LOOKIN FOR SOMETHING FALSE IN ALL WHAT I'VE WRITTEN SO FAR UNTIL YOU COME UP WITH ANOTHER THING.

THIS IS TRUE, PEOPLE THAT LOOK FRO FAULTS, USUALLY FIND AT LEAST ONE THAT WILL SOOTHE THEIR UNDERSTANDING.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dr Myles Munroe Spoke About His Death, Before The Plane Crash. / Shiloh 2020 Begins Today, 7pm / The Truth Your Pastor Would Not Tell You About Tithes: Tithing Is Unscriptural U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.