Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? (1749 Views)

"We Killed Michael Jackson" - Nigerian Girl 'Confesses' In Church (VIDEO) / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola / Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 06, 2009
My idea of a Nigerian girl is one who is very religious/spiritual. Was wondering if there is one who really doesn't believe all these christian stories, who can face life independently and squarely without any add-ons from the church, who has developed her own morals and stand by them, who has lived the most part of her life in troubled Nigeria, Any?
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 06, 2009
And if she doesn't what happens?
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 06, 2009
What is this obsession with another person's belief system. You are free to believe what you want and should face the consequences thereof. Everbody has to carry his or her own cross.

But I do find it odd that a self-proclaimed atheist should spend so much time debating and disussing religion.
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by banom(m): 12:31pm On Dec 06, 2009
sauer:

My idea of a Nigerian girl is one who is very religious/spiritual. Was wondering if there is one who really doesn't believe all these christian stories, who can face life independently and squarely without any add-ons from the church, who has developed her own morals and stand by them, who has lived the most part of her life in troubled Nigeria, Any?

Of course there are plenty of you lost female souls, like naira, Spikedcylinder, michelin89 and many more on nairaland, i pity all of you, I am curiously looking forward to the day i will peep from haven and see you gals in hell.
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 06, 2009
wtf?? cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by posakosa(m): 12:42pm On Dec 06, 2009
banom:

Of course there are plenty of you lost female souls, like naira, Spikedcylinder, michelin89 and many more on nairaland, i pity all of you, I am curiously looking forward to the day i will peep from haven and see you gals in hell.

BRA NOM don dey smoke igbo again kiss kiss kiss < i miss ur old self>
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by frprof(m): 1:16pm On Dec 06, 2009
posakosa:

BRA NOM don dey smoke igbo again kiss kiss kiss < i miss your old self>
Do u mean he was on it b4? May be his experience with those pressumed gorls made him say so
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by posakosa(m): 1:22pm On Dec 06, 2009
b ra nom is certainly on something. or maybe someone high jacked his account
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by Tudor6(f): 1:46pm On Dec 06, 2009
Apparently being an atheist is a turn-off for most nigerian ladies. The best option is to keep your mouth shut concerning your unbelief.
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by banom(m): 2:24pm On Dec 06, 2009
posakosa:

BRA NOM don dey smoke igbo again kiss kiss kiss < i miss your old self>

You want to lead me back to evil ( Atheism) ? Devil get behind me . shocked shocked shocked
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 06, 2009
Tudór:

Apparently being an atheist is a turn-off for most nigerian ladies. The best option is to keep your mouth shut concerning your unbelief.
apparently,

I hate to derail, but might I suppose it's true after all the classification as the weaker one, as the overly spiritual? I'm sure women such as Adichie or Ata would resist such. BTW, these people haven't had to stay much in Nigeria
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by Tudor6(f): 3:06pm On Dec 06, 2009
Who is Adichie and Ata if I may ask. . .
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 06, 2009
sauer:

apparently,

I hate to derail, but might I suppose it's true after all the classification as the weaker one, as the overly spiritual?

I still don't know why you are so concerned with other peoples faith. It is absolutely none of your business moreso as you call yourself an atheist.
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 06, 2009
Tudór:

Who is Adichie and Ata if I may ask. . .

nigerian writers of repute, whose feminist ideals ooze out of their literary style in such volume as beget magnificence. Hard to say though if these can be self-groomed on ground so hard to till/plant.

tensor777:

I still don't know why you are so concerned with other peoples faith. It is absolutely none of your business moreso as you call yourself an atheist.
more concerned about its debilitating effect on nigeria, and of course also on nigerian women. This is true in every way,
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 06, 2009
Well in my opinion it would be very hard for you as a  Western woman with a materialistic approach to life to understand the psyche of the African woman who takes a more spiritual path.
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by Tudor6(f): 3:45pm On Dec 06, 2009
@sauer.
Thanks i'll look up on them.

BTW, are you male or female?
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by banom(m): 4:10pm On Dec 06, 2009
Tudór:

@sauer.
Thanks i'll look up on them.

BTW, are you male or female?

sauer is a daughter of devil just like you son of devil.
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 06, 2009
banom:

sauer is a daughter of devil just like you son of devil.

Hey banom, wat makes u think am female? Evidently ur new found god hasn't enabled you with good foresight. Pray harder!
No female here!
Am male and young, and that however isn't important. What's important i seeing if there may be a female among us who isn't to be sold over to these christian stories. Am yet to hear from one who lives in Nigeria, and have often entered into arguments with friends on this.
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by posakosa(m): 8:15pm On Dec 06, 2009
banom:

You want to lead me back to evil ( Atheism) ? Devil get behind me . shocked shocked shocked
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by posakosa(m): 8:15pm On Dec 06, 2009
@ Tudor, why should gender matter.
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by Tudor6(f): 11:33pm On Dec 06, 2009
^^
It really doesn't matter. . . I was just curious.
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by manmustwac(m): 11:36pm On Dec 06, 2009
For any Nigerian babe to openly make known her disbelief in god is like saying she is gay. Its better to keep such views to yourself rather than to make them known publicly in a country like Nigeria where u can face injury for ridiculing god in public.
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by mazaje(m): 11:44pm On Dec 06, 2009
manmustwac:

For any Nigerian babe to openly make known her disbelief in god is like saying she is gay. Its better to keep such views to yourself rather than to make them known publicly in a country like Nigeria where u can face injury for ridiculing god in public.

Injury? Thats if you are lucky. You will get killed. . . .People are killing their children just because someone accused them of being witches talk less of publicly ridiculing any of the imaginary gods that abound in Nigeria in public. . . .
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by posakosa(m): 11:47pm On Dec 06, 2009
manmustwac:

G B A M ! grin grin
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by RiffRaff: 12:30am On Dec 07, 2009
I am an atheist.

Believe it or not there are others out there, I have met a few.
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by Nobody: 12:32am On Dec 07, 2009
I told my dad: don't you know I am an atheist?

he answered: you don't even know what that word means.

Nigerian parents refuse to believe their children can have an autonomous way of thinking.
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:45am On Dec 07, 2009
[size=13pt]Banom nor dey form. . . .my man you dey fall my hand big time! . . . . you berra lemme breath fresh air before this your holy holy go turn to something else . mmm, i even wonder if you're a virgin undecided[/size]
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by posakosa(m): 10:50am On Dec 07, 2009
its funny MANY Nigerian women would worship GOD in public and do VOODOO in the side corner---- the hypocrisy--- lipsrsealed undecided grin
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by posakosa(m): 10:51am On Dec 07, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Banom nor dey form. . . .my man you dey fall my hand big time! . . . . you berra lemme breath fresh air before this your holy holy go turn to something else . mmm, i even wonder if you're a virgin undecided[/size]

why do you want to know if he is still a virgin ? undecided shocked
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:39am On Dec 07, 2009
[size=13pt]posakosa im really wondering ooo. . . . how can some people pretend when we all are in the same gutter. this life is wonderful i tell you.[/size]
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 07, 2009
there is this ease of life being an atheist affords you. You really don't have to impress too many people, you don't have to pray at all (which you can read as screaming and bangin one's head on the floor), and finally (most interesting!!) you don't have to go to church, which is so boring you actually get to counting the number of chairs around, the number of words the guy up on the pulpit is saying and perhaps also the number of chicky little chicks hopping around as ushers, okay, maybe also their respective sizes grin

I told a chick once I was an atheist, and she never wanted to talk to me again!!
Re: Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 07, 2009
sauer:

Hey banom, wat makes u think am female? Evidently your new found god hasn't enabled you with good foresight. Pray harder!
No female here!
Am male and young, and that however isn't important. What's important i seeing if there may be a female among us who isn't to be sold over to these christian stories. Am yet to hear from one who lives in Nigeria, and have often entered into arguments with friends on this.

As a German woman you should speak about what you know. We know that in Europe religion is sometimes seen as a mere academic exercise.where existentialist questions are raised

On the other hand, religion to Nigerian women is not some sort of academic pursuit to which they are introduced by stories, but something that is an inseparable part of their identity and environment

(1) (2) (Reply)

Foursquare Gospel Church, Anthony, Lagos On Fire! / Would Our First Parents (adam And Eve) Have Lived Forever? / Destroying Ancestral Altars/agents (4)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.