Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,669 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? (87856 Views)

Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa / Relocating To Awka. What Areas Are The Best To Live In, And Why. / 10 Most Popular Areas In Lagos And The Origin Of Their Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by nurez305(m): 10:57pm On Apr 13, 2018
doyinisaac:
grin just like when people say lekki,u need to ask the person that hope it is not jakande estate in lekki or ibeju lekki extension.or those core riverine area in lekki where you see fishermen everywhere.....grin.....there is lekki and there is lekki...lol......most of these highbrow areas have their own ghetto part that people don’t often talk about...
ok good... I will like to visit that side whenever I visited again... The last time I visited a friend at akobo ojurin, I really blame myself for that area... Good to hear you are not talking about that area becos that area is terrible for me
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Kfed4ril(m): 10:58pm On Apr 13, 2018
Gamesmart:

This shows you the damage IPOB and their mentally-ill leader, Nnamdi Kanu, did to Igbo people by insulting and antagonising all the major tribes in Nigeria everyday for over a year.

Oga shii you people just have natural hatred for the Igbos,
Why haven’t you hated the Fulani’s for the damage the have been causing for over 3byears?

1 Like

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Kenswitch(m): 10:58pm On Apr 13, 2018
jiangchu:
i love ibadan. I've always been skeptical about that place until i visited oluyole estate. very serene and easy going place. no traffic. and the population of THE DEVELOPERS selling wares by the walk way is zero. living in Ibadan is like Lagos 1970 before the ibos came in and destroy the standard.
Senseless post by senseless idiot, living in Ibadan is like Lagos 1970 before the ibos came in and destroy the standard, get sense and stop blaming Igbo's destroying your shithole State

1 Like

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Gamesmart: 10:58pm On Apr 13, 2018
SmartPolician:
Ibadan is a typical Yoruba town. If you don't understand Yoruba you are in trouble. It's a complete departure from Lagos

I hated it when I visited there for training back in the day and people I'd told my English name still called me omo ibo

Anyway, from Challenge down to Ring Road and Dugbe axes are cool, but from Iwo Road down to UI area looks horrible

You need an Igbo name, not English.
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by SmartPolician: 11:05pm On Apr 13, 2018
samzzycash:
okay post a picture of Aba with bad roads and tell me if the house in the areas no be old brown roof houses..

Go and sleep. You have no point.

Goodbye

1 Like

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Gamesmart: 11:07pm On Apr 13, 2018
Kfed4ril:

Oga shii you people just have natural hatred for the Igbos,
Why haven’t you hated the Fulani’s for the damage the have been causing for over 3byears?

Continue asking silly questions and making silly comparisons.

What makes you think I hate igbos?

And how did you know I don't hate the Fulanis?
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by DoTheNeedful: 11:24pm On Apr 13, 2018
Kfed4ril:

Oga is like you have never been to Abuja, you just here it, how the Bleep to you add wuse II to that list. Do you know what kind of fuckery that is.

What is special about Abuja? It's like you don't know Ibadan. Ibadan has many of the nice structures you see in Abuja. At least, there is hardly any corner I don't know in both places as I have lived there. The only difference is that the developed part of Abuja is far larger than Ibadan. Don't buy into the lies some tribalists are peddling about Ibadan here.

4 Likes

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Gamesmart: 11:24pm On Apr 13, 2018
Ikwokrikwo:
There is no proof anywhere that Ibadan is more ancient than Enugu or Onitsha, Rome, Athens or London.
None of these places have brown roofs

When did development reach Enugu or Onitsha?

1 Like

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by 9jaArea: 11:29pm On Apr 13, 2018
obainojazz:
Sango, bodija and basherun or so. Peaceful, and you could easily access markets, banks and malls. cool
It seem you have good knowledge of the city.
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by seangy4konji: 11:32pm On Apr 13, 2018
Ignorant people just full this thread...

I am an IB boy to d bone and i mean there is no place i do not know as i grew up there with all family though in and out...i rep RING ROAD..MOBIL/OLUYOLE ESTATE...If you want peace,ib is the lace for you,if you wan enjoy,ib get am,if you are a family man and need good schools for kids while you work,you can surely get in ib...places i would recommend but u know everything depends on pocket but you sure cant compare pricing of laagos to ib as ib is relativelly cheaper.

If you want a normal life now with constant electicity,try and find a place around Alao akala express way..over 30 clubs and pubs and hotels on this high way with security and at least 20 hours electricity and good family people living around and hard woking..no touts or thee aabouts..

Oluyole is not bad but very quiet and same as akala express..if you want close proximity to places like mall,settle for ring road,starting from Akinyemi,D Rovans hotel,town planning,Mobil-7 up road(oluyole)not oluyole Aree area,then Oni and sons,High court,Adeoyo,Olusanya,Ajeigbe,Anfani,Challenge,down to Idi odo,Felele.(Felele is a bit rowdy but they have electricity and nice stores and close to challenge where you can get a cab to any part of nigeria like a transit hub for anybody entering into Ibadan.you must pass challenge.

If you want the extra rowdy then you move to all this bode,molete,foko,oke padre and so on...then we have the Yemetu,UCH which is relatively quiet and have nice quarters...

Then you can head to AKOBO,BODIJA and houses here are not too expensive also and very serene also...educated people with close proximity to Uni Ibadan and lots of joints and malls around here also and there you have bodija market....i guess you could gauge prices as i am describing all this places but as bodija is?with 500k?you will get a 5 bed house with tiles and water and everything all set so thats how ok it is if you wanna live in ib...

400K Gets you a nice place around oluyole.felele about200k...Akala about 400k....molete about 100k...rind road about 350 k..all this places are nice places with no agberos or there about...ask any one and there is no traffic in ibadan...the roads have just been expanded to double lanes and life is generally smooth and if its food....food yapa yaski...

I presently live in dd agos but i enter my IB every week and i usually catch the best of fun around mokola,eleiyele,ologuneru side where there are new settlements and hotels and there about...there are nice hotels everywhere and ladies from universities up and down...

Go check it out and i promise you it is a land doing well with no stress or hypertension..

Shalom.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by SalamRushdie: 11:59pm On Apr 13, 2018
coalcoal1:
i relocated from Lagos to Ibadan some years back. I didn't know anyone in this town. all i heard was that it was relatively cheap to live there.
it's been worth it all the way. life is easier and you can live a more quality life and still have time for your family unlike what generally obtains in Lagos.

So what do you do for a living there?
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by 9jaArea: 12:05am On Apr 14, 2018
doyinisaac:
Mehn that akobo ehn....out of every 24 hours they have light for at least 18hours.....for those that love stable power supply then go to akobo....for those looking forward to mingle with fellow wealthy people or socialize then “aerodrome GRA” is for you...aerodrome is cool and it is not far from ventura mall and u have access to UI slayqueens too...lol.......but if u like clubbing very well and u want a place closer to some good clubs then just get an apartment at bodija or agodi.......
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Carlyboi(m): 12:05am On Apr 14, 2018
who know kno no go know!Mehn ib city no place like home!ib city opportunities dey wella cos now civilized society and one top 3 most populous cities in Nigeria and the largest also you have it all in ib,from the local,to the razz dem dey wella,average,inbetweeners,decent yapa,and if na the classy,Behind and posh you dey find dem plenty sef,same with the areas and and forget the brown roofs ish if you wanna know say ibadan get modern beautiful houses try visit the highbrow areas abeg you go marvel!Ib the conquistador city!There is no cith like ma city mean,cool,serene,live your life society no hassle no strees jeje enjoy your life maybe na why gboys plenty for here tis days sef...i think ilorin is similar to ib on some levels cos i lived there its cool too...but the difference na like father and son o!no be play play..but anyone go enjoy the enviroment too but ib city na them daddy for southwest here o...and even when you dey talk cities for naija ib city na daddy gbabe
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Kfed4ril(m): 12:08am On Apr 14, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

What is special about Abuja? It's like you don't know Ibadan. Ibadan has many of the nice structures you see in Abuja. At least, there is hardly any corner I don't know in both places as I have lived there. The only difference is that the developed part of Abuja is far larger than Ibadan. Don't buy into the lies some tribalists are peddling about Ibadan here.

Bro I served in Ibadan lemme tell you now, forestry research institute in Jericho so I know Ibadan as well, my problem is when you said people who stay in wuse II can’t afford Jericho that was when I became mad. Bro anybody that can afford rent in Garki, can afford anywhere in Ibadan talkless of Wuse II or Asokoro abi maitama.

5 Likes

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by 9jaArea: 12:09am On Apr 14, 2018
seangy4konji:
Ignorant people just full this thread...

I am an IB boy to d bone and i mean there is no place i do not know as i grew up there with all family though in and out...i rep RING ROAD..MOBIL/OLUYOLE ESTATE...If you want peace,ib is the lace for you,if you wan enjoy,ib get am,if you are a family man and need good schools for kids while you work,you can surely get in ib...places i would recommend but u know everything depends on pocket but you sure cant compare pricing of laagos to ib as ib is relativelly cheaper.

If you want a normal life now with constant electicity,try and find a place around Alao akala express way..over 30 clubs and pubs and hotels on this high way with security and at least 20 hours electricity and good family people living around and hard woking..no touts or thee aabouts..

Oluyole is not bad but very quiet and same as akala express..if you want close proximity to places like mall,settle for ring road,starting from Akinyemi,D Rovans hotel,town planning,Mobil-7 up road(oluyole)not oluyole Aree area,then Oni and sons,High court,Adeoyo,Olusanya,Ajeigbe,Anfani,Challenge,down to Idi odo,Felele.(Felele is a bit rowdy but they have electricity and nice stores and close to challenge where you can get a cab to any part of nigeria like a transit hub for anybody entering into Ibadan.you must pass challenge.

If you want the extra rowdy then you move to all this bode,molete,foko,oke padre and so on...then we have the Yemetu,UCH which is relatively quiet and have nice quarters...

Then you can head to AKOBO,BODIJA and houses here are not too expensive also and very serene also...educated people with close proximity to Uni Ibadan and lots of joints and malls around here also and there you have bodija market....i guess you could gauge prices as i am describing all this places but as bodija is?with 500k?you will get a 5 bed house with tiles and water and everything all set so thats how ok it is if you wanna live in ib...

400K Gets you a nice place around oluyole.felele about200k...Akala about 400k....molete about 100k...rind road about 350 k..all this places are nice places with no agberos or there about...ask any one and there is no traffic in ibadan...the roads have just been expanded to double lanes and life is generally smooth and if its food....food yapa yaski...

I presently live in VGC Lagos but i enter my IB every week and i usually catch the best of fun around mokola,eleiyele,ologuneru side where there are new settlements and hotels and there about...there are nice hotels everywhere and ladies from universities up and down...

Go check it out and i promise you it is a land doing well with no stress or hypertension..

Shalom.
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by sayisayi(m): 12:09am On Apr 14, 2018
jiangchu:
i love ibadan. I've always been skeptical about that place until i visited oluyole estate. very serene and easy going place. no traffic. and the population of THE DEVELOPERS selling wares by the walk way is zero. living in Ibadan is like Lagos 1970 before the ibos came in and destroy the standard.

Haba, this is why even mallams fight you in Lagos. Rather than face your own wahala, you want to drag other people into your business. OP just asked for positive reasons on an area and you dragged in negative things. I'm sure even for your own erectile dysfunction, you will call Uche. No vex, you will pay Uche school fees and he will handle your madam if the hypertension of Igbophobia persists.

2 Likes

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by DoTheNeedful: 12:26am On Apr 14, 2018
Kfed4ril:

Bro I served in Ibadan lemme tell you now, forestry research institute in Jericho so I know Ibadan as well, my problem is when you said people who stay in wuse II can’t afford Jericho that was when I became mad. Bro anybody that can afford rent in Garki, can afford anywhere in Ibadan talkless of Wuse II or Asokoro abi maitama.

I get you. I think I agree with you.
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mercyville: 12:36am On Apr 14, 2018
Gamesmart:

When did development reach Enugu or Onitsha?
grin grin
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by AreaFada2: 12:45am On Apr 14, 2018
Ok
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by aywhy93(m): 1:19am On Apr 14, 2018
Kfed4ril:

Oga is like you have never been to Abuja, you just here it, how the Bleep to you add wuse II to that list. Do you know what kind of fuckery that is.

If you had read and understood my previous text the same way you furiously commented, you'd have saved me from the stress of dropping this comment again. undecided

BTW, I've not only been to Abuja.. I lived in Gwarinpa when I was there. Do you feel better now? Now, go back and read what I wrote earlier. Peace!
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by aywhy93(m): 1:30am On Apr 14, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

Well, Abuja is special and Ain't even talking about structures, but I'll say that over and over again... I'm being specific. Only few of those who live in Kubwa, Wuse II in Abuja can afford to live in Aerodrome, Ibadan.
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Toshtos: 1:37am On Apr 14, 2018
Rent in Ibadan.....

I'm seeking for mini flat of one bedroom apartment (room and parlour ) in akobo estate/oluyole/Ashi bodija area within the range price of 200,000-250,000 Per Year(total package)

Anybody that have one can contact me via - 08098256561 call

Thanks
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by jman77(m): 2:35am On Apr 14, 2018
olatunji21:

Terrible place..Power supply is next to Zero..I stay in Agbowo, prices of commodities are grossly inflated because of presence of student..
yea! Cultist prone area grin
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by jman77(m): 2:51am On Apr 14, 2018
drey076:
Bere/oje
The area is very descent, no tout, low incidence of robbery. You will thank me later if you consider the area
lol! Werey shey you wan kill OP ni

1 Like

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by tiger28: 3:19am On Apr 14, 2018
SmartPolician:

Which ancient city? Please stop the cheap lies. How do you explain Abeokuta that has old houses everywhr?

The problem is that most rich Yorubas don't visit their villages, leaving their village houses to rot. Most Yoruba natives who are non-native of Lagos don't know the way to their villages. Yes, I know lots of them.

This is different from what you see in the east where people do traditional marriage in villages and always travel to the village to celebrate easter and Christmas. So, Igbos who have terrible village houses are compelled to refurbish it before those events, making our cities and villages look decent.
DRY!!!!!!
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Fitbillionairep: 4:14am On Apr 14, 2018
lonelydora:
Why the relocation? Lagos is a land of many opportunities.

I heard Ibadan is so cheap you cam take a girl out with N1500. Heard houses are cheap too.
OMG this one problem is geh
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Oluwambo147(m): 4:34am On Apr 14, 2018
Donald7610:
Ògbójú olè tó ń jàre nkan òní kàn
I hail o

Top Poor security in the west
you got it wrong motherfucker
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by miredia(m): 4:53am On Apr 14, 2018
doyinisaac:
yes but less crowd.......club platinum and GQ lounge is booming more these days.....
Rowdy and Lousy hangout spots. Is there any exclusively quiet place like the old Segi in femi Johnson(glass house)?
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by tosinjohnson(m): 4:53am On Apr 14, 2018
From the look of thing, I am beginning to love Ibadan. I have now make up mind to allow brother relocate to Ibadan but how much is a room and parlour self-contain or a room self-contain? In a cheap area that he can start up his marketing business. He's into real estate and networking. Pls
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by miredia(m): 5:01am On Apr 14, 2018
Jericho, Onireke, Idi ishin, Ikolaba Estate, Agodi gra, Iyaganku quarters, Old and New Bodija, Alalubosa, Oluyole estate, Aerodome Samonda and perhaps some parts of Akobo. These are the nice places in Ibadan.

2 Likes

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by VolvoS60(m): 5:14am On Apr 14, 2018
drey076:
Bere/oje
The area is very descent, no tout, low incidence of robbery. You will thank me later if you consider the area

^^^

grin lipsrsealed
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Brightglory77: 5:14am On Apr 14, 2018
kachiz:

I know this is an old thread but could you mention some of the areas with good electricity supply.

I have plans of moving to Ibadan within the next month or two.

Thanks!
. Akobo (iyana Olopa side)

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Lightening Bolt Strikes Plane Full Of Passengers / Malnourished Lions At Port Harcourt Zoo. Nigerians React To Photo / My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.