Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa (38070 Views)

Nigeria's Largest Built-up Urban Areas In 2021 - Demographia / Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report / 2019 Largest Built-Up Urban Area: Lagos, Onitsha Ranked 1st, 2nd In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by ariesbull: 10:23am On Jun 25, 2018
10 Largest Built-Up Urban Areas in the World (Nigeria) by Population in 2018.

1.Lagos----23 position in the world
2.Onitsha---49 in the world
3.Kano-----119 in the world
4.Ibadan----163 in the world
5.Abuja----195 in the world
6.Uyo-----235 in the world
7.Port Harcourt----257 in the world
8.Nsukka----285 in the world
9.Benin----373 in the world
10.Ilorin----561 in the world.

10 Largest Built-Up Urban Areas in the World(Nigeria)by Land Area

1.Onitsha----47 position in the world
2.Lagos----72 in the world
3.Abuja-----140 in the world
4.Uyo------190 in the world
5.Nsukka-----215 in the world
6.Ibadan------279 in the world
7.Kano------366 in the world
8.Benin-----492 in the world
9.Port Harcourt---670 in the world
10.Maiduguri-----673 in the world

Source:Demographia---World Urban Areas.14th Annual Edition (2018).Pages 22-39 & 40-57

Mbe Nwaniga

Check the position of your city here on pages 22-39 and 40-57. http://www.demographia.com/db-worldua.pdf

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by moneyadulttube: 10:45am On Jun 25, 2018
nice one

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by plessis: 10:46am On Jun 25, 2018
Following
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by biafraisdead(m): 10:52am On Jun 25, 2018
plessis:
Following
Anambra people don start again cos I can swear with my life say na Anambra person de behind this, I mean the op.

20 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by kolaaderin: 10:57am On Jun 25, 2018
The Bureau of statistic of this people has started rolling out figures again.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by sremmlyf(m): 10:58am On Jun 25, 2018
biafraisdead:

Anambra people don start again cos I can swear with my life say na Anambra person de behind this, I mean the op.
Headslammer even if na anambra person you no fit face the message and leave this your divide and rule tactics

198 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by izombie(m): 11:01am On Jun 25, 2018
biafraisdead:

i am from anambra and i am sure enugu,owerri and aba are more developed than maiduguri. Aba is almost as developed as onitsha.

138 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by biafraisdead(m): 11:03am On Jun 25, 2018
izombie:
i am from anambra and i am sure enugu,owerri and aba are more developed than maiduguri. Aba is almost as developed as onitsha.
for ur mind.

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by hisgrace090: 11:05am On Jun 25, 2018
Densely built up as a result of landlocked land mass.

These two cities named have a very low land mass to allow space.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by ariesbull: 11:08am On Jun 25, 2018
izombie:
Check the position of your city here on pages 22-39 and 40-57. http://www.demographia.com/db-worldua.pdf

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by ariesbull: 11:08am On Jun 25, 2018
hisgrace090:

His grace has left you ...Check the position of your city here on pages 22-39 and 40-57. http://www.demographia.com/db-worldua.pdf

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by afroniger: 11:11am On Jun 25, 2018
I don't know what the fuss is about. Onitsha for example should not be a surprise because the land mass of the main Onitsha city is relatively very very small so i would be shocked if it wasnt already built up by now, compared to much larger cities in Nigeria.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Kasy08133625633: 11:54am On Jun 25, 2018
Onitsha is now more or less a mega city. The city has grown beyond the original Onitsha North & South. Today, Onitsha metropolis includes: Ogbaru, Ogidi, Idemmili, Ogbunike, Nsugbe, Obosi, Oba, Nkwelle etc. The city has kept expanding and expanding because it represents to the SE what Lagos and PH represents to the SW and SS respectively.

afroniger:
I don't know what the fuss is about. Onitsha for example should not be a surprise because the land mass of the main Onitsha city is relatively very very small so i would be shocked if it wasnt already built up by now, compared to much larger cities in Nigeria.

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by afroniger: 12:04pm On Jun 25, 2018
Kasy08133625633:
Onitsha is now more or less a mega city; the has grown beyond the original Onitsha North & South. Today, Onitsha metropolis includes: Ogbaru, Ogidi, Idemmili, Ogbunike, Nsugbe, Obosi, Oba, Nkwelle etc. The city has kept expanding and expanding because it represents to the SE what Lagos and PH represent to the SW and SS.

I am not so sure Obosi people for example have accepted the 'greater Onitsha' tag. If what you say can be effected it will dramatically increase the size of Onitsha beyond its original borders, but then again, that common spirit of some South Eastern communities wanting to retain their independence by claiming 'autonomous' might be a big challenge.

33 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by OfficialAwol(m): 12:06pm On Jun 25, 2018
I hope guards have been sent to Third mainland bridge?

Okwa maka those who are already on there way because of this news...

97 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Paperwhite(m): 12:10pm On Jun 25, 2018
Lasgidi should have been a more beautiful mega city by now going by the IGR but the corruption of the APC government will not let it be.Onitsha is the Lagos analogue of the Eastern region.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Xander85: 12:11pm On Jun 25, 2018
hisgrace090:

Quit sounding daft! New York and Hong Kong are densely built up...are they landlocked as well!

I don't know why this erroneous notion of Igboland being landlocked makes some of you so happy and gives you a very stiff bone'r! undecided

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Kasy08133625633: 12:11pm On Jun 25, 2018
It is an unconscious thing. Nobody needs to accept the tag before it is tagged. People naturally tag anyone as being in Onitsha once you enter that perimeter. For instance, anyone at Obosi, Ogidi, Ogbunike etc, unconsciously say that he/she is already in Onitsha because by geography and development those areas were influenced by the mere nearness to Onitsha. So it is not by acceptance by any group but by intuition.

afroniger:

I am not so sure Obosi people for example have accepted the 'greater Onitsha' tag. If what you say can be effected it will dramatically increase the size of Onitsha beyond its original borders, but then again, that common spirit of some South Eastern communities wanting to retain their independence by claiming 'autonomous' might be a big challenge.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Xander85: 12:13pm On Jun 25, 2018
Kasy08133625633:
Onitsha is now more or less a mega city; the has grown beyond the original Onitsha North & South. Today, Onitsha metropolis includes: Ogbaru, Ogidi, Idemmili, Ogbunike, Nsugbe, Obosi, Oba, Nkwelle etc. The city has kept expanding and expanding because it represents to the SE what Lagos and PH represent to the SW and SS.

That's a nice dynamic-looking pic of Onitsha. Almost thought it's obodo oyibo! grin

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by hisgrace090: 12:24pm On Jun 25, 2018
Xander85:

Quit sounding daft! New York and Hong Kong are densely built up...are they landlocked as well!

I don't know why this erroneous notion of Igboland being landlocked makes some of you so happy and gives you a very stiff bone'r! undecided

Igbo man remember Lagos is inclusive but no Yoruba man have argued with me but Igbo's have lined up to quote me.

Remember naming some few landmass city have always been a problem as it allows no breathing space for expansion.

Google for Nigerian state and their land mass.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by freeze001(f): 12:34pm On Jun 25, 2018
OfficialAwol:

Abeg make dem free dem. Na by force to hang around? Let them fall over biko!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by ariesbull: 12:35pm On Jun 25, 2018
Xander85:

Germany
Australia
Switzerland
Swaziland

Are landlocked too

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by TundeBricklayer: 12:46pm On Jun 25, 2018
Bitter people I guess Anambra man is in charge of world demographia

Op add these pictures to you post.

Lalasticlala

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Arysexy(m): 12:51pm On Jun 25, 2018
Onitsha 100℅ pure efforts of industrious igbos.

64 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by ariesbull: 1:04pm On Jun 25, 2018
Arysexy:

No airport
No functional river port
No federal government facility
No other tribes facilities
94% Igbo economy and run by Igbo
Was bombarded 50 years ago

Now tell me why Igbo don't have that bragging right again ?

117 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Anambralstson: 1:08pm On Jun 25, 2018
afroniger:
Onitsha metropolitan area covers Onitsha north and south, Ogbaru LGA, Idemili LGA, Oyi LGA
Major towns
Onitsha
Obosi
Nkpor
Ogidi
Nkwelle
Nsugbe
Oba
Atani
Umunya
Ogbunike etc.

Below is pictures of Nkpor Idemili north LGA, one of the towns that make-up Onitsha metro

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Masterclass32: 1:18pm On Jun 25, 2018
Arysexy:

Gbam.

Igbo, anyi g'adi.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Ziggylady(f): 1:51pm On Jun 25, 2018
biafraisdead:

Ogbomosho,Oshogbo and co people have started again...I can swear with my life that this nonsense comment of yours is from a yoruba person.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Ziggylady(f): 1:54pm On Jun 25, 2018
OfficialAwol:

A truck-load were sent back minutes ago to stop them from taking the 'leap' of fate grin cheesy

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Ziggylady(f): 1:57pm On Jun 25, 2018
Anyway even though i am from Anambra State...for now i am still sympathizing with Plateau State indigenes hunted and killed by fulani herdsmen cry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Ofemannnu: 2:00pm On Jun 25, 2018
Good for Lagos, Onitsha,Ibadan and the rest in the list but Ibadan is more developed than all South East joined together. What will you do about that grin

38 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) / Third Mainland Bridge Cordoned Off. Road Users Beware / Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.