Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,609 members, 7,823,653 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

What Does It Mean To Put On The Armor Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Mean To Put On The Armor Of God? (1003 Views)

* How To Use The Armor Of GOD (by Truthunedited) / What Does It Mean To Work Out Your Salvation With Fear & Trembling In The Bible? / What Does It Mean To Take The Lord's Name In Vain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Mean To Put On The Armor Of God? by victor44843(m): 4:27am On Aug 13, 2017

As Christians, our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, the authorities, and the power of this dark world and against the Spiritual forces of evil. Therefore putting on the armor of God is very crucial so that when the devil comes, we will be able to overcome him and his evil tricks.

This world is a battle field, you will need the armor of God to get yourself protected against the evil ones. Let's take a look at an example, if a soldier goes to a battle field without an armor, he can easily be killed on the battle field but when he put on an armor, then he is heavily and highly protected against his enemies, as we(Christians) are soldiers(2nd Timothy 2).

There are six things that make up a full armor of God

1. Truth(the belt) : "so stand ready with TRUTH as a BELT tight round your waist(Ephesians 6:14a). The belt(truth) holds our armor firmly in place. The truth involves two places; our heart and our mind. Truth keeps us secure in Christ and make all other pieces of armor to be effective. So, commit yourself daily to walk in the light of God's truth.

2. Righteousness(The Breastplate) : "with RIGHTEOUSNESS as your BREASTPLATE" (Ephesians 6:14b). A soldier with a breastplate goes into the battle boldly with confidence. Satan is constantly attacking Christians with lie, accusations and reminders of past sins, but without the breastplate of righteousness, they will penetrate your heart. Become aware of your identity in Christ Jesus and come boldly to his presence (Hebrews 4:10).

3. Announce the good news(shoe) : "And as your SHOES the readiness to announce the GOOD NEWS of peace" (Ephesians 5:15). Shoes allows us to step freely and without fear while we turn our full attention to the battle at hand, they aid in our movement. The shoes God gives propel us onward to proclaim the true peace which is available in Christ. Prepare yourself to follow the Lord, no matter what.

4. Faith(The shield) : "At all times, carry FAITH as SHIELD for with it, you will be able to put out all the burning arrows shot by the evil one" (Ephesians 6:16). The shield of faith has a very specific function which the bible makes it abundantly clear: "put out ALL the burning arrows shot by the evil one" , not some but all. When you have faith, the enemies find it difficult to attack you.

5. Salvation (the helmet) : "And accept SALVATION as a HELMET" ( Ephesians 6:17a), Satan wants to make us doubt God and our Salvation. The helmet prevents the devil from getting into our brain, making us to doubt God. "But we belong to the day, and we should be sober. We must wear faith and love as breastplate, and our hope of salvation as a helmet (1st Thessalonians 5:cool.

6. The word of God(Sword) : "and the word of God as the sword which the Spirit gives you" (Ephesians 6:17b). Although, arguments and thought are weapons that the enemy uses against u, but with the word of God, we are equipped to deal with them all. The word of God is more powerful than any other weapons, as the Scripture says "The Word of God is alive and active, sharper than any two-edged sword". Have confidence in the value Godly word, get a hunger and desire for it.

CONCLUSION
Prayer : Pray in the Spirit at all times , "Do all this in prayer, asking for God's help, pray on every occasions, as the Spirit leads...." (Ephesians 6:18 ).

AMEN.

read more via source : http://www.gospeltoday.ga/2017/08/how-to-put-on-armour-of-god.html
Re: What Does It Mean To Put On The Armor Of God? by hopefulLandlord: 5:31am On Aug 13, 2017
gghhhhh
Re: What Does It Mean To Put On The Armor Of God? by Penalty82(m): 5:40am On Aug 13, 2017
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof:from such turn away.
Re: What Does It Mean To Put On The Armor Of God? by Penalty82(m): 5:42am On Aug 13, 2017
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived:neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
Re: What Does It Mean To Put On The Armor Of God? by GodsMopol: 7:23am On Aug 13, 2017
Jesus when on earth said, men ought to pray and not faint, I guess your write up was made perfect when you included praying and supplicating in the spirit.

I have personally come to this realization that you pray warfare prayer more tactically and precisely when we pray it by the spirit. Many times, due to the fact that I have built my self in my Most Holy Faith by much praying in Tongues(Jude 1:20), together with the Help of Gods spirit who knows about my spiritual welfare(Romans 8:26-27) and status more better than I can ever factum with the sense, would help me pray better in the spirit than I can guessically and sensually pray it. And its becoming a curse when what's mean to benefit our spiritual wellbeing, which has been promised aforetime by the Bible has become what many fellowship preach against. Well, may their blindness be cured by messages and write up as this in Yeshua(Jesus) name. Amen
Re: What Does It Mean To Put On The Armor Of God? by victor44843(m): 10:59am On Aug 13, 2017
GodsMopol:
Jesus when on earth said, men ought to pray and not faint, I guess your write up was made perfect when you included praying and supplicating in the spirit.

I have personally come to this realization that you pray warfare prayer more tactically and precisely when we pray it by the spirit. Many times, due to the fact that I have built my self in my Most Holy Faith by much praying in Tongues(Jude 1:20), together with the Help of Gods spirit who knows about my spiritual welfare(Romans 8:26-27) and status more better than I can ever factum with the sense, would help me pray better in the spirit than I can guessically and sensually pray it. And its becoming a curse when what's mean to benefit our spiritual wellbeing, which has been promised aforetime by the Bible has become what many fellowship preach against. Well, may their blindness be cured by messages and write up as this in Yeshua(Jesus) name. Amen
Amen!!

(1) (Reply)

How  prophet Joshua Iginla’s Prophecy On Kenya Election Came To Pass (video) / Today Is Corpus Christi / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/12/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.