Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,562 members, 7,827,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Travelling Is A Part Of Education. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Travelling Is A Part Of Education. (698 Views)

Aker Nguyilan: Jambite Dies In Car Accident While Travelling To Write JAMB Exams / The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! / College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Travelling Is A Part Of Education. by lexilla007(m): 6:15am On Feb 13, 2017
TRAVELLING IS A PART OF EDUCATION.

My mum is a teacher. Glad to be sharing the same profession with her at least for some time. She has been a real source of insight as I swim the waters of a tedious profession. She has many ideas about education that sometimes I will think she is a professor in a university's faculty of education. She will say, "travelling is a part of education". Yea yea, mum you are perfectly right. How so ? 

The main reason why traveling is a part of education is that you learn new things about how life is and how people  do things differently in another area. Yes, that is travelling for you. One example that well illustrate this is my most recent sojourn to a remote area in kwara state, Basita. 

After a tiring journey, I was about to feast on an eye catching dinner served by my host. I was supposed to wash my evidently dirty hands before feeding, an activity for which a bowl of water was provided. I dipped my hands inside the bowl only for me to immediately remove it again. Why ? Inside the bowl was warm water. I was real surprised about that. So I asked my host " are you sure this water is for washing hands or making of tea? She laughed and answered " It is for washing of hands ". It was then my knowledge of microorganisms while in school dawned on me. Dirts and microorganisms don't do well in warm or hot environments. Warm water is antimicrobial. I guess you can pick the lesson from there without dwelling much on it.

Another one is that travelling is a form of exposure. One get exposed to various people, cultures, ideas, thinking and so on. So many schools today go on travels in a form of excursion to learn new things. If it were not a part of education, they won't invest so much time and energy into such endeavors.

Why not make it a plan to travel to places you have never been to learn new things? You don't need to earn or have big to do such. You can escape for only a day or two. You can go to nearby places until you are capable of going on distant or overseas travels. If you do, you will be glad you did.

Blessed week ahead.

follow www.ogunleyeakinola. for more articles on education, motivation and information

(1) (Reply)

. / 2017 Total International Scholarship - TEPNG For Postgraduate Students / What Is The Longest Word In Alphabetical Order In The Dictionary.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.