Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

What Jonathan Told Me Before Conceding Defeat To Buhari - Ita-giwa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Jonathan Told Me Before Conceding Defeat To Buhari - Ita-giwa (2040 Views)

What Goodluck Jonathan Told Me About 2019 Calculations / What Jonathan, Makarfi, PDP Governors Discussed In Caucus Meeting / Jonathan Congratulates Ghana President Mahama For Conceding Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Jonathan Told Me Before Conceding Defeat To Buhari - Ita-giwa by eyesoflagos: 1:42pm On Feb 13, 2017
What Jonathan told me before conceding defeat to Buhari - Ita-Giwa
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/02/what-jonathan-told-me-before-conceding.html

Florence Ita-Giwa, former presidential adviser on the National Assembly matters has disclosed private details of a conversation she had with former President Goodluck Jonathan just before he conceded defeat.

Speaking during an interview session with newsmen, Ita-Giwa who is popularly known as Mama Bakassi said, “I called former president, Jonathan and told him, ‘why not wait till the result is declared before conceding?’

“This was two minutes after he made the announcement.

“Responding, he said, ‘Aunty, I already know what the outcome would be. I have done the right thing. I am keeping to my word that no blood is worth my ambition.

''I said to him, ‘You are great indeed’. He thanked me for my call.”

“I don’t regret supporting him, but we thank God for the peace and unity of the country.”

1 Like

Re: What Jonathan Told Me Before Conceding Defeat To Buhari - Ita-giwa by DozieInc(m): 2:17pm On Feb 13, 2017
An exemplary leader.

2 Likes

Re: What Jonathan Told Me Before Conceding Defeat To Buhari - Ita-giwa by Heavance(m): 2:20pm On Feb 13, 2017
I am always thankful that GEJ left peacefully as he was booted out. If he had played Gbagbo, only God knows how many friends, distant relations or family those aboki would have taken down.

1 Like

Re: What Jonathan Told Me Before Conceding Defeat To Buhari - Ita-giwa by opribo(m): 2:43pm On Feb 13, 2017
I ask would bubu and his people have left peacefully if it were him. I stand to be challenged they wont have gone, just take a look at all the drama going on now only just to cling to power. It takes a real african leader to walk away just like that without any blood letting or tensions.

1 Like

Re: What Jonathan Told Me Before Conceding Defeat To Buhari - Ita-giwa by sweetilicious(f): 3:34pm On Feb 13, 2017
He is a good man.His ambitions are not worth the blood of any Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: What Jonathan Told Me Before Conceding Defeat To Buhari - Ita-giwa by serverconnect(m): 6:24pm On Feb 13, 2017
Former president Jonathan remains my hero of democracy.
Re: What Jonathan Told Me Before Conceding Defeat To Buhari - Ita-giwa by DesChyko: 6:35pm On Feb 13, 2017
See how long it took before she spoke about it?
I doubt his successor would let such moment of glory remain hidden.
Re: What Jonathan Told Me Before Conceding Defeat To Buhari - Ita-giwa by Ahmadgani(m): 6:42pm On Feb 13, 2017
So jonathan will be aplauded if he refuse t accept defeat?

He did what he ought to have done.

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta Warlords List Demands, Vow To Declare Republic September 1 / See What Happen To This Lady After Spending $1500 On Brazilian Weave / African Leaders Getting Disgraced In France,UK,Austria And USA By Diasporans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.