Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Car Insurance: Facts You Need To Know - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Insurance: Facts You Need To Know (1178 Views)

5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know / Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Insurance: Facts You Need To Know by saints2(f): 5:06pm On Feb 13, 2017
Some people might think that car insurance in Nigeria is nothing but an unnecessary expense. In reality, however, it is an investment that is necessary, and that can yield significant benefits in the future. It will provide you with financial assistance that you need if you ever get into an accident or if you need to have repairs done for your car. It provides you with peace of mind from a financial perspective. It also provides legal protection, and it preserves the value of your vehicle as well.

Factors Affecting Insurance Rate

Different things will have an impact on the rate of car insurance in Nigeria. Your choice of a particular company, for instance, is one of the factors that will affect premiums. The particular model of your car and your driving history in the past are some of the things that can be instrumental in determining the premium that you have to pay. To get the best rate that is available, it is recommended that you shop around for free car insurance quotes and learn more about the prices that are being offered.

You Can Apply for Discounts

When it comes to car insurance in Nigeria, there are discounts that can be possibly applied. Talk to the insurance company and ask them about the possibilities. More often than not, you can ask for discounts if you have a clean driving record if your vehicle has anti-theft features and if you pay in full, among other things. The premium policies can vary from one insurer to another, which gives you a good reason to carefully compare the alternatives you will be presented with.

Learn about the Coverage You Need

The price that you have to pay for car insurance in Nigeria will be affected by the specific coverage that will be applied for. There is a minimum coverage that is required by law. On the other hand, there are also some coverages that are optional. They may make the price higher, but they can also provide you with peace of mind. Talk to a qualified insurance agent and get to know more about your needs.

Be Truthful

From the time that you are applying for car insurance in Nigeria to filing for claims, make sure to be truthful with everything that you have to declare. You might think that lying can help, but at the end of the day, it can only make things worse and can make you unqualified to enjoy the full perks of your insurance coverage.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/02/car-insurance-facts-you-need-to-know.html

Re: Car Insurance: Facts You Need To Know by saints2(f): 5:08pm On Feb 13, 2017
Lalasticlala, Seun..
Re: Car Insurance: Facts You Need To Know by Lmaomen1(m): 4:41pm On Apr 10, 2020
Thank you for the useful information, I think it will be very useful. It is really difficult to find the necessary information on the Internet. Once I also faced a similar problem and made a fool of myself by deciding not to insure my car. As a result, I broke the headlight and had to pay much more for its repair than my insurance would cover. Fortunately, my cousin works in a repair service and was able to help me with this. He also suggested that at http://bclawreview.org I can find a lot of useful information about proper car insurance. After that, of course, I immediately insured it and for the future, I already know how to do it correctly. Therefore, I advise you not to leave the issue of insurance for later, since in the event of an accident or something like that, you will have to pay a much larger amount of money
Re: Car Insurance: Facts You Need To Know by MeetWagon: 5:03pm On Apr 10, 2020
Lmaomen1:
Thank you for the useful information, I think it will be very useful. It is really difficult to find the necessary information on the Internet. Once I also faced a similar problem and made a fool of myself by deciding not to insure my car. As a result, I broke the headlight and had to pay much more for its repair than my insurance would cover. Fortunately, my cousin works in a repair service and was able to help me with this. He also suggested that at http://bclawreview.org I can find a lot of useful information about proper car insurance. After that, of course, I immediately insured it and for the future, I already know how to do it correctly. Therefore, I advise you not to leave the issue of insurance for later, since in the event of an accident or something like that, you will have to pay a much larger amount of money
I'm just planning to buy a car in a week and I think I'll take your advice. I hope my car insurance will go well, thank you

(1) (Reply)

My Akura 3.5RL Not Accelerating Efficiently.... Please I Need Your Help / Drastical Falling Price Of Volkswagen Golf 4 / Nissan Almera Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.