Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,739 members, 7,813,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. (3016 Views)

Sea Turns Red As Whales, Dolphins Are Butchered In Yearly Ritual In Faroe Island / Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve / Donald Trump Calls Prince Charles 'Prince Of Whales' Instead Of 'Prince Of Wales (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by Explorers(m): 5:45pm On Feb 13, 2017
A pod of over 240 whales refloated themselves back out to sea on Saturday night after becoming stranded on the Farewell Spit coastline on New Zealand's South Island.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4215724/240-pilot-whales-refloat-beached-Farewell-Spit-New-Zealand.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4219012/Whales-stranded-Golden-Bay-beach-New-Zealand.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by Explorers(m): 5:46pm On Feb 13, 2017
More than 650 pilot whales have become stranded since Thursday night when 416 whales arrived on the beach, which is thought to be death trap for whales as it confuses sonar navigation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by jcflex(m): 5:46pm On Feb 13, 2017
Chai, this is not my country.

Since Thursday, and they are still visible.

By not, my people will be pooing all this wales inside lactrine. grin grin grin

Naija i hail thee.

Let learn to preserve wild/aquatic life

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by Explorers(m): 5:50pm On Feb 13, 2017
A volunteer pours water on the whales.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by Explorers(m): 5:51pm On Feb 13, 2017
Volunteers try to guide some of the stranded pilot whales that are still alive back out to sea.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by hahn(m): 5:53pm On Feb 13, 2017
Explorers:
A pod of 240 whales refloated themselves back out to sea on Saturday night after becoming stranded on the Farewell Spit coastline on New Zealand's South Island.

If this was Nigeria that beach will be filled with pots and blood angry

8 Likes

Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by Lagusta(m): 5:54pm On Feb 13, 2017
Meanwhile, in Nigeria, there is a particular village in a particular local government in a particular state in the country where they are having fresh roast DOLPHINS for dinner.....

Yum yum.... cry cry embarassed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by Explorers(m): 5:57pm On Feb 13, 2017
Before a rescue operation could begin, around 275 of the adults and babies had already died.

Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by Explorers(m): 5:59pm On Feb 13, 2017
Volunteers are pictured attending to some of the hundreds of stranded pilot whales still alive after one of the country's largest recorded mass whale strandings in Golden Bay.

Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by fuckingAyaya(m): 6:02pm On Feb 13, 2017
if it somewhere in Nigeria @least that state will be hunger free for the next 6month

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by Explorers(m): 6:03pm On Feb 13, 2017
About 75 per cent were dead on discovery but since then hundreds of volunteers have worked to refloat whales at high tides.

Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by Explorers(m): 6:06pm On Feb 13, 2017
Hours after floating out to sea at high tide, about 90 of the whales were rescued and became beached again.

Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by Fkforyou(m): 6:09pm On Feb 13, 2017
Explorers:
Volunteers try to guide some of the stranded pilot whales still alive back out to sea after one of the country's largest recorded mass whale strandings.

This is not a matter of inferiority complex, but sometimes I just like the way the whites reason.

If it were my beloved country naija, people for don take temporary accommodation for beach, infact them go turn the beach to market, you go see were them dey sell stove and fry pan for 500 naira. undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by Explorers(m): 6:12pm On Feb 13, 2017
Some of the whales stranded on the beach have died as authorities cut holes in their carcasses to release gas and to prevent them from exploding.

The cause of the strandings was not known but experts believe whales that often become beached would send out distressing signals to other members of their pod, who would then get stranded by a receding tide.

1 Share

Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by phensbassey: 6:12pm On Feb 13, 2017
Thank God it didn't happen in Nigeria...
Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by casttlebarbz(m): 6:24pm On Feb 13, 2017
we stil have a long way to go in Nigeria
Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by Explorers(m): 6:27pm On Feb 13, 2017
Fkforyou:

This is not a matter of inferiority complex, but sometimes I just like the way the whites reason.

If it were my beloved country naija, people for don take temporary accommodation for beach, infact them go turn the beach to market, you go see were them dey sell stove and fry pan for 500 naira. undecided

Sure.
Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by Lagusta(m): 6:40pm On Feb 13, 2017
Na for naija them go organize "whale carnival night" with slogans like "buy one whale fin get two free"

Nigeria oh Nigeria......

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 13, 2017
Honestly, I love the whites. Had it been this happened in a Nigeria sea, na confirm whale pepper soup for the next 2months...

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by hahn(m): 6:58pm On Feb 13, 2017
phensbassey:
Thank God it didn't happen in Nigeria...

But it happened so what are you thanking god for? Couldn't it send one of it's angels to guide them? undecided
Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by Efewestern: 7:10pm On Feb 13, 2017
hahn:

But it happened so what are you thanking god for? Couldn't it send one of it's angels to guide them? undecided

oga stop using every opportunity to preach your athiesm.. nobody give a Bleep..

+ you - you, God is real..

16 Likes

Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by hahn(m): 7:18pm On Feb 13, 2017
Efewestern:

oga stop using every opportunity to preach your athiesm.. nobody give a Bleep..

+ you - you, God is real..

You have now qualified for a free gift smiley

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by magabounce(m): 7:33pm On Feb 13, 2017
Explorers!!!!!!!
Zagadat!!!!!
Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 13, 2017
Eyaa. Its a pity.
Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by ademasta(m): 8:41pm On Feb 13, 2017
You are too much Explorers

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by Funjosh(m): 9:32pm On Feb 13, 2017
Disaster. Poor animals sad
Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by Gofwane(m): 9:43pm On Feb 13, 2017
Eyah, see how the whales are looking helpless. But if to say na inside the sea dem dey, and you mistakenly enter, your own don finish be dat.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by shurlar50(m): 9:50pm On Feb 13, 2017
Its so foreign to see a Nigerian care for animals, the few ones they care for, are only those that will enter pot of soup in few months time e.g turkey and goats. Overheard my mum planning to sell my Dog to abokis the moment I resume to school

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by phensbassey: 10:12pm On Feb 13, 2017
hahn:

I'm thanking God because it happened where people who have heart and care for nature exist

I believe you've seen how Nigerians caught and killed dolphins.. for food, every thing is food...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by blessedvisky(m): 10:50pm On Feb 13, 2017
hahn:

What's wrong with you?? I've told you several times that atheism is all you exist for, you deny it yet keep confirming it in every thread I see you.

Someone is thanking God that it wasn't in Nigeria, you are asking him y he is thanking God.

Go and find something to do with your life. Rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by hahn(m): 10:58pm On Feb 13, 2017
blessedvisky:

What's wrong with you?? I've told you several times that atheism is all you exist for, you deny it yet keep confirming it in every thread I see you.

Someone is thanking God that it wasn't in Nigeria, you are asking him y he is thanking God.

Go and find something to do with your life. Rubbish!

You have now qualified for a free gift smiley

Re: Photos Of Over 200 Whales That Were Stranded On New Zealand Beach. by hahn(m): 10:59pm On Feb 13, 2017
phensbassey:
I'm thanking God because it happened where people who have heart and care for nature exist

I believe you've seen how Nigerians caught and killed dolphins.. for food, every thing is food...

Cool. If it was Nigerians that place will be a party and bbq tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sitrep: U.S. Tanks In Putin’s Backyard; Stealth Planes To South China Sea / Israeli Releases CCTV, Saying Hamas Hid Hostages In Gaza's Al-Shifa Hospital / Alert: Isis Posts Photos Thanking Obama For What They Just Got From Him [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.