Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,031 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

I Am Not A Thief- Ibori In Case You Have Memory Loss Let Me Remind You - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not A Thief- Ibori In Case You Have Memory Loss Let Me Remind You (1031 Views)

Nigerians Mock Governor Fayose, Remind Him Of What Happened In 2014. Photos / I Wish To Remind Nigerians That The Whistleblower Lines Are Available - BUHARI / Speaker Monday Igbuya Pictured With Ibori In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not A Thief- Ibori In Case You Have Memory Loss Let Me Remind You by manuch(m): 1:01am On Feb 14, 2017
Nigeria ex-Delta state governor James Ibori guilty plea

James Ibori, a former governor of one of Nigeria's oil-producing states, has pleaded guilty in a UK court to 10 counts of money-laundering and conspiracy to defraud.

British police accuse him of stealing $250m (£160m) over eight years.
The prosecutor called him a "thief in government house".
Ibori, once seen as one of Nigeria's wealthiest and most influential politicians, was arrested in 2010 in Dubai and then extradited to London.
Some $35m of his alleged UK assets were frozen in 2007.

As his trial at London's Southwark Crown Court was about to begin, Mr Ibori changed his plea to guilty and admitted stealing money from Delta state and laundering it in London through a number of offshore companies.
We will now be actively seeking the confiscation of all of his stolen assets so they can be repatriated for the benefit of the people of Delta state
Paul Whatmore, Metropolitan Police
The BBC's Chris Summers says between 20 and 30 of Mr Ibori's supporters turned up to court - some wearing T-shirts with the slogan "Free Ibori". There was not enough room for them all in the public gallery.
Prosecuting QC Sasha Wass said Mr Ibori, 53, had "tricked" his way into becoming Delta state governor, by giving a false date of birth and claiming he had no criminal record.
"He was never the legitimate governor and there was effectively a thief in government house. As the pretender of that public office, he was able to plunder Delta state's wealth and hand out patronage."
He is due to be sentenced on 16 April.
'Lavish lifestyle'
Ibori's wife, Theresa, his sister, Christine, his mistress, Udoamaaka Okoronkwo, and his London solicitor, Bhadresh Gohil, have all been convicted of money-laundering.
Their convictions could only be reported on Monday after reporting restrictions were lifted.
The rise and fall of James Ibori

1958: Born in Delta state, UK police believe, saying he previously lied about his age
1980s: Moved to UK
1991: Convicted of stealing from DIY shop Wickes
1992: Convicted of credit card fraud
1993-4: Allies himself to Nigeria's then military ruler Sani Abacha
1999: Elected Delta state governor
2007: Stepped down as governor
2007: UK assets worth $35m frozen
December 2007: Arrested in Nigeria on corruption charges
2009: Nigeria court dismisses charges
April 2010: Ibori's supporters attack police as they try to arrest him
May 2010: Arrested in Dubai
2011: Extradited to UK
2012: Pleads guilty to money-laundering in London court
Nigeria's Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had asked the UK's Metropolitan Police to look into the ex-governor's financial affairs.
"The vast sums of money involved were used to fund Mr Ibori's lavish lifestyle," Detective Inspector Paul Whatmore, the officer in charge of the investigation, said.
"We will now be actively seeking the confiscation of all of his stolen assets so they can be repatriated for the benefit of the people of Delta State."
He said that the money Ibori stole should have been used to pay for sanitation, power supplies and healthcare for some of the poorest people in the world.
Ibori spent some of the stolen money buying six houses in London - he paid £2.2m in cash for one Hampstead mansion - and put his children in expensive British private schools, police say.

Ibori has been convicted in the UK before - in 1991 for stealing, in cahoots with his wife who worked as a cashier, from the Neasden, London, branch of the shop Wickes.
He was also found guilty in 1992 for being in possession of a stolen credit card and having used it to fraudulently withdraw $1,590.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not A Thief- Ibori In Case You Have Memory Loss Let Me Remind You by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 1:17am On Feb 14, 2017
manuch:
Nigeria ex-Delta state governor James Ibori guilty plea

James Ibori, a former governor of one of Nigeria's oil-producing states, has pleaded guilty in a UK court to 10 counts of money-laundering and conspiracy to defraud.

British police accuse him of stealing $250m (£160m) over eight years.
The prosecutor called him a "thief in government house".
Ibori, once seen as one of Nigeria's wealthiest and most influential politicians, was arrested in 2010 in Dubai and then extradited to London.
Some $35m of his alleged UK assets were frozen in 2007.

As his trial at London's Southwark Crown Court was about to begin, Mr Ibori changed his plea to guilty and admitted stealing money from Delta state and laundering it in London through a number of offshore companies.
We will now be actively seeking the confiscation of all of his stolen assets so they can be repatriated for the benefit of the people of Delta state
Paul Whatmore, Metropolitan Police
The BBC's Chris Summers says between 20 and 30 of Mr Ibori's supporters turned up to court - some wearing T-shirts with the slogan "Free Ibori". There was not enough room for them all in the public gallery.
Prosecuting QC Sasha Wass said Mr Ibori, 53, had "tricked" his way into becoming Delta state governor, by giving a false date of birth and claiming he had no criminal record.
"He was never the legitimate governor and there was effectively a thief in government house. As the pretender of that public office, he was able to plunder Delta state's wealth and hand out patronage."
He is due to be sentenced on 16 April.
'Lavish lifestyle'
Ibori's wife, Theresa, his sister, Christine, his mistress, Udoamaaka Okoronkwo, and his London solicitor, Bhadresh Gohil, have all been convicted of money-laundering.
Their convictions could only be reported on Monday after reporting restrictions were lifted.
The rise and fall of James Ibori

1958: Born in Delta state, UK police believe, saying he previously lied about his age
1980s: Moved to UK
1991: Convicted of stealing from DIY shop Wickes
1992: Convicted of credit card fraud
1993-4: Allies himself to Nigeria's then military ruler Sani Abacha
1999: Elected Delta state governor
2007: Stepped down as governor
2007: UK assets worth $35m frozen
December 2007: Arrested in Nigeria on corruption charges
2009: Nigeria court dismisses charges
April 2010: Ibori's supporters attack police as they try to arrest him
May 2010: Arrested in Dubai
2011: Extradited to UK
2012: Pleads guilty to money-laundering in London court
Nigeria's Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had asked the UK's Metropolitan Police to look into the ex-governor's financial affairs.
"The vast sums of money involved were used to fund Mr Ibori's lavish lifestyle," Detective Inspector Paul Whatmore, the officer in charge of the investigation, said.
"We will now be actively seeking the confiscation of all of his stolen assets so they can be repatriated for the benefit of the people of Delta State."
He said that the money Ibori stole should have been used to pay for sanitation, power supplies and healthcare for some of the poorest people in the world.
Ibori spent some of the stolen money buying six houses in London - he paid £2.2m in cash for one Hampstead mansion - and put his children in expensive British private schools, police say.

Ibori has been convicted in the UK before - in 1991 for stealing, in cahoots with his wife who worked as a cashier, from the Neasden, London, branch of the shop Wickes.
He was also found guilty in 1992 for being in possession of a stolen credit card and having used it to fraudulently withdraw $1,590.

angry
Re: I Am Not A Thief- Ibori In Case You Have Memory Loss Let Me Remind You by NLSniper(m): 1:24am On Feb 14, 2017
wHyyyyyyyyyY:
angry
wHyyyyyyyyy are you not sleeping? Jumping from thread to thread
Re: I Am Not A Thief- Ibori In Case You Have Memory Loss Let Me Remind You by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 1:30am On Feb 14, 2017
NLSniper:
wHyyyyyyyyy are you not sleeping? Jumping from thread to thread
lol val tinz
Re: I Am Not A Thief- Ibori In Case You Have Memory Loss Let Me Remind You by NLSniper(m): 1:34am On Feb 14, 2017
wHyyyyyyyyyY:
lol val tinz
Pls Dont spread STDs.... angry
Re: I Am Not A Thief- Ibori In Case You Have Memory Loss Let Me Remind You by BabaPissmaker(m): 1:37am On Feb 14, 2017
Started his career with petty theft
Re: I Am Not A Thief- Ibori In Case You Have Memory Loss Let Me Remind You by tenderlaw(m): 2:30am On Feb 14, 2017
wHyyyyyyyyyY:
angry
So you quoted the whole write up just to shine your dirty teeth. Continue

1 Like

Re: I Am Not A Thief- Ibori In Case You Have Memory Loss Let Me Remind You by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 5:48am On Feb 14, 2017
NLSniper:
Pls Dont spread STDs.... angry
sad angry
Re: I Am Not A Thief- Ibori In Case You Have Memory Loss Let Me Remind You by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 5:49am On Feb 14, 2017
tenderlaw:

So you quoted the whole write up just to shine your dirty teeth. Continue
yes, whyyyyyy? Who told u my teeth iz dirty?
Re: I Am Not A Thief- Ibori In Case You Have Memory Loss Let Me Remind You by blackpanda: 5:51am On Feb 14, 2017
Ole!
Re: I Am Not A Thief- Ibori In Case You Have Memory Loss Let Me Remind You by orunto27: 6:03am On Feb 14, 2017
Delta State is Hell.
Ibori is Satan Incarnate.
Re: I Am Not A Thief- Ibori In Case You Have Memory Loss Let Me Remind You by GMBuhari: 9:50am On Feb 14, 2017
As long as his archbishops are collecting monies from him he's not corrupt

(1) (Reply)

APC Blames GEJ For The President's Two Months Disappearance. / Igbo Presidency Realisable In 2023 —SELDI / Take Medical Leave- Falana, Others Tell Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.