Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole (10590 Views)

Ogundamisi Is Shocked Adewole Has Not Resigned As Health Minister. See Why / Adewole And Osinbajo Discussing At FEC Meeting. Caption Photo / 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:49am On Feb 14, 2017
The Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole, on Monday, said President Muhammadu Buhari and his medical doctors were the only competent set of people who could say why he (Buhari) was seeking treatment in a foreign hospital.

The minister said this in an interview with journalists on the sidelines of the inauguration of the Central Pharmacy Store and Maternity Building at the Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital Complex, Ile-Ife.

He said the President might have travelled abroad as a matter of choice or on the advice of his doctors.

He said, “I won’t describe it as a large volume but we still have people travelling abroad. One, it is a matter of choice and secondly, there is what is called bonding between a doctor and his patient, irrespective of where the doctor is and that creates a problem; the patient may not want to see a new doctor.

“If a patient is using a particular doctor and that doctor is not around, he may likely wait. You don’t want to be examined by a new doctor, you don’t want to start all over again. It is one of the reasons and you can’t take it away.”

Asked if that was the reason the President travelled abroad for treatment, the minister said Buhari and his doctors were the ones who could answer the question.

Adewole said, “The President is the best person to speak on this; he is our leader and also a private citizen. He is entitled to make a choice which will be influenced largely by the advice of his doctor.”

The minister commended the management and staff of the OAUTHC for doing what he described as a wonderful job but he said their feats were largely underreported.

He had earlier promised the hospital to ensure the clearance of the two containers of hospital consumables imported by the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, for the OAUTHC.

The Chief Medical Director of the hospital, Prof. Victor Adetiloye, had earlier appealed to the minister to intervene in order to redeem the consumables which he said were imported by the monarch for the hospital but had remained at the port because of waiver issue.

Adetiloye also called for the establishment of a radiotherapy unit at the hospital, saying the hospital had the best set of cancer experts and equipment but lacked radiotherapy machines to complement it.

The CMD stated that the hospital had routinely performed medical feats such as open-heart surgeries and kidney transplants which some Nigerians travelled abroad for, saying these surgeries and transplants were at low costs when compared with the costs obtainable abroad.

He also appealed to the Federal Government to allocate more funds to the hospital which he said was big enough to be divided into three teaching hospitals.

Adetiloye stated that the hospital was in a dilemma over how to take delivery of $400,000 worth of hospital equipment donated to it by a foreign organisation.

Meanwhile, Christians in Borno State on Monday offered special prayers for the quick recovery of President Muhammadu Buhari.

The prayers were coordinated by the Borno State chapter of the Christian Association of Nigeria and clergymen were drawn from various churches in the state.

Christians in the state had earlier been called to dedicate the day to offering special prayers and fasting to God to improve Buhari’s health.

The national body of CAN had last Friday, in a statement signed by its Director Legal and Public Affairs, Evangelist Kwamkur Samuel, called on Christian bodies and God-fearing Nigerians to declare special prayers for Buhari and the nation.

The Governor of Borno State, Alhaji Kashim Shettima, had also instructed the Borno State Ministry of Religious Affairs to write CAN requesting prayers for the quick recovery of the President in appreciation of his commitment to the fight against Boko Haram insurgency.

http://punchng.com/im-incompetent-to-speak-on-buharis-health-minister/

Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 5:51am On Feb 14, 2017
Really? shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by sarrki(m): 5:56am On Feb 14, 2017
He's not the presidential spokesman

That's it

4 Likes

Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by sarrki(m): 5:57am On Feb 14, 2017
wHyyyyyyyyyY:
Really? shocked shocked

Yeah
Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by Aufbauh(m): 5:58am On Feb 14, 2017
It's not all about competence when it comes to health issues.
Trust, continuity and personal acquaintance of personnel are of utmost considerations when it comes to medical reference or preference.

Don't get me twisted; my point exactly is that when you have an access to two or more competent doctors of seemingly equal qualifications, personal or personality considerations will of course determines your choice of preference.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by Nobody: 6:01am On Feb 14, 2017
Before you all start wailing

The Minister of Health is not the Chief Physician to the President neither his spokesperson,

So, if he says he is not competent to comment on the president's health, he is not wrong.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 6:01am On Feb 14, 2017
sarrki:

Yeah
Even when his spokesperson does not have direct contact with the president but people around him.

8 Likes

Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by ipobarecriminals: 6:03am On Feb 14, 2017
sad we all knw that u people are incompetent. worthless set of people

15 Likes

Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by NuclearWinter: 6:04am On Feb 14, 2017
Going by the constitution, the Minister of Justice is expected to set up a medical board of Inquiry headed by this idiot who kept blaming GEJ for Lassa Fever pandemic.

This idiot of a minister will thus conduct full investigation on the true state of the President and report back hid findings to FEC from where it will be deliberated and then the outcome sent to the Senate for consideration.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by NuclearWinter: 6:07am On Feb 14, 2017
Bolustic:
Before you all start wailing

The Minister of Health is not the Chief Physician to the President neither his spokesperson,

So, if he says he is not competent to comment on the president's health, he is not wrong.

The minister under these circumstances is expected to head a medical inquiry to ascertain the true health status of the President and report back to FEC for deliberation.

That is the constitutional process of removing a sick or mentally ill president.

Zombje

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by Nobody: 6:11am On Feb 14, 2017
And he's the minister of health?

4 Likes

Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by engrMikemd(m): 6:12am On Feb 14, 2017
incompetent or impotent

3 Likes

Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by Nobody: 6:18am On Feb 14, 2017
NuclearWinter:

The minister under these circumstances is expected to head a medical inquiry to ascertain the true health status of the President and report back to FEC for deliberation.

That is the constitutional process of removing a sick or mentally ill president.

Zombje
Listen to the trash oozing from your mouth

Are you saying the FEC, an executive body, is not aware of the letter sent by its head (the president) to the National Assembly on its intended leave?

Going by this why the need for inquiry?

BTW, contrary to your expectations, this is not an IMPEACHMENT PROCESS

Quote with sense

3 Likes

Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by Kondomatic(m): 6:22am On Feb 14, 2017
Most of his ministers are incompetent

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by Nobody: 6:54am On Feb 14, 2017
Foolish set of people..... mtcheeww

4 Likes

Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by NuclearWinter: 7:08am On Feb 14, 2017
Bolustic:

Listen to the trash oozing from your mouth

Are you saying the FEC, an executive body, is not aware of the letter sent by its head (the president) to the National Assembly on its intended leave?

Going by this why the need for inquiry?

BTW, contrary to your expectations, this is not an IMPEACHMENT PROCESS

Quote with sense

Already there is an alarm being raised by members of house of reps that Buhari's simpleton signature is being forged.

The funniest thing about you zombies is that your blind partisan stance does not allow you to see the kleptocracy that is currently ongoing under your highly incompetent and hypocritical zombie king

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 14, 2017
NuclearWinter:
Already there is an alarm being raised by members of house of reps that Buhari's simpleton signature is being forged.
House of Reps members from the east abi?

NuclearWinter:
The funniest thing about you zombies is that your blind partisan stance does not allow you to see the kleptocracy that is currently ongoing under your highly incompetent and hypocritical zombie king
Be a whistle blower then since you are not blind, grin grin grin

Someone just made over 200 million naira for exposing Andrew Yakubu.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by NuclearWinter: 7:27am On Feb 14, 2017
Bolustic:

House of Reps members from the east abi?

Be a whistle blower then since you are not blind, grin grin grin

Someone just made over 200 million naira for exposing Andrew Yakubu.

You no get talk again.

20 Likes

Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by Funlordmaniac(m): 7:38am On Feb 14, 2017
Then you are not trusted Mr minister....Na person quota dem use you fill!

4 Likes

Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by omogin(f): 8:02am On Feb 14, 2017
You are incompetent in everything.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by mile12crises: 8:06am On Feb 14, 2017
Don't be surprised to read that the minister is an Architect by profession/qualification

10 Likes

Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by sdindan: 8:10am On Feb 14, 2017
This one is Minister of SICKNESS.

3 Likes

Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by omowolewa: 8:40am On Feb 14, 2017
Don't bother.
Lies can travel at the speed of light, but truth will surely catch up with it in due season.

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by hucienda: 8:47am On Feb 14, 2017
the irony grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by kinikad: 8:47am On Feb 14, 2017
so u wont be arrested ba? i understand

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by wayne4loan: 8:47am On Feb 14, 2017
"What is dead will never die"
Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by Twons1: 8:47am On Feb 14, 2017
So what's your take on him seeking medical treatment outside

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole by sekundosekundo: 8:48am On Feb 14, 2017
No man can play God. Buhari thinks that all POWERS belongs to him hence he vowed never to release KANU, DASUKI and shitie leader even against court order. He thinks that he knows it all but alas, he's now obeying sickness order. I am not mocking him for I am a mortal prone to sickness but let him repent from his stubbornness. His handlers should tell him that disobeying court order is also corruption.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay / Ihedioha Suspends Salaries Of 'Illegal' Workers In Imo / President Buhari: I’m Impressed With Level Of Development In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.