Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,255 members, 7,811,708 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Not A Single Nigerian In King Abdullah University Of Science And Technolgy - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Not A Single Nigerian In King Abdullah University Of Science And Technolgy (2219 Views)

Admission Into College Of Health Science And Technology, Idah / Akwa Ibom State University Of Technolgy (akutech) / Ondo State University Of Science And Technology Osustech Opens Finally. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Not A Single Nigerian In King Abdullah University Of Science And Technolgy by Zubebe(m): 7:46am On Dec 07, 2009
Arab News newspaper reported extensively on this new high tech-meta university opened on september 23 this year 2009 in Saudi Arsbia. It was a really big deal if 13 heads of states across the world attended. Here is the roll call; phillipines, kuwait, yemen, turkey,jordan,bangladesh, malaysia,mauritius,syria , sudan,somalia and nigeria. The university is built for advanced research in applied maths, bio science, chemistry, polymers, etc. A total of 500 students were enrolled across the globe who were all sponsored by KSA. My great concern here there is no nigerian among them. Why? Are we bereft of qualified students in those fields with all our population? Or are the products of our univerities to blame?
moreover the admissions were not based on religion-which makes nigeria to be qualified twice. Why why and why?
Re: Not A Single Nigerian In King Abdullah University Of Science And Technolgy by SEFAGO(m): 7:53am On Dec 07, 2009
I was told to apply but god forbid i attend such a university. Abeg u want us to leave the kettle and jump into the fire? I agree though that it is a great opportunity because it is a free university. You should definitely try and make people aware of the school and the opportunities it offers them.
Re: Not A Single Nigerian In King Abdullah University Of Science And Technolgy by Kenneylee(m): 12:48pm On Dec 07, 2009
Wotz d application requirement,ow does 1 apply?wen does d next session resume?d sch site & stuffs
Re: Not A Single Nigerian In King Abdullah University Of Science And Technolgy by SEFAGO(m): 12:54pm On Dec 07, 2009
http://www.kaust.edu.sa/

http://www.kaust.edu.sa/admissions/downloads/KAUST-grad-programs.pdf

2. MASTER’S PROGRAM DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
Admissions:
Admission to the M.S. program requires the satisfactory completion of an
undergraduate B.S. degree in a relevant or related area, such as Engineering,
Mathematics or the Physical, Chemical and Biological Sciences.
Requirements:
Thirty (30) credit hours must be completed in graduate-level courses and directed
research projects. These courses should be 200-level or above, and they must be
approved by the program advisor.
1. At least twenty-four (24) credit hours must be earned in technical courses.
2. At least nine (9) credit hours must be earned from a major track.
3. At least three (3) credit hours must be earned in mathematics courses.
4. At most six (6) credit hours may be earned in Winter Enhancement (WE) courses.
5. At most six (6) credit hours may be earned in directed research projects.
The course grade must be B- or better for the credit hours received in any course to be
counted toward any master’s requirement.
Cognates:
In order to ensure sufficient breadth of study, master’s and doctoral students must
satisfy a cognate requirement of at last one graduate course for a minimum of 3 hours
of credit in areas outside one’s own field.
Course Transfer and Equivalency:
Graduate credit hours taken from any KAUST program may be applied to other KAUST
graduate programs.
Graduate courses taken from another university or KAUST program that are equivalent
in level and content to the designated courses in a major track maybe counted toward
meeting the major track requirement if their equivalence is confirmed by the graduate
chair.
Re: Not A Single Nigerian In King Abdullah University Of Science And Technolgy by AjanleKoko: 3:10pm On Dec 07, 2009
Give us time, and we'll soon find a way grin
Re: Not A Single Nigerian In King Abdullah University Of Science And Technolgy by SEFAGO(m): 3:13pm On Dec 07, 2009
Give us time, and we'll soon find a way

and then flood it too- i dont think the poster knows nigerians yet- immediately they hear it is free, who wants to stay in nija? even saudi is better, can't u see yar'adua?
Re: Not A Single Nigerian In King Abdullah University Of Science And Technolgy by Zubebe(m): 9:25pm On Dec 07, 2009
Thanks sefago for all that info on kaust.
Did you say from kettle to fire and then even saudi is better than , i see contradiction there or else a case of sour grapes. And very soon nigerians will flood the school? Well i know nigerians love anything awoof but the saudis are not fools to allow that. In nigeria we see that in some universities. Just look at the intake at university of medina.
As for yaradua being there, well its a silly naija joke that pokes fun at sick people.
Re: Not A Single Nigerian In King Abdullah University Of Science And Technolgy by OlaAjia(m): 3:00pm On Sep 18, 2014
Zubebe: Arab News newspaper reported extensively on this new high tech-meta university opened on september 23 this year 2009 in Saudi Arsbia. It was a really big deal if 13 heads of states across the world attended. Here is the roll call; phillipines, kuwait, yemen, turkey,jordan,bangladesh, malaysia,mauritius,syria , sudan,somalia and nigeria. The university is built for advanced research in applied maths, bio science, chemistry, polymers, etc. A total of 500 students were enrolled across the globe who were all sponsored by KSA. My great concern here there is no nigerian among them. Why? Are we bereft of qualified students in those fields with all our population? Or are the products of our univerities to blame?
moreover the admissions were not based on religion-which makes nigeria to be qualified twice. Why why and why?

I didn't catch this thread early enough, but if you had cared to do your research, you would have found that there was at least, one Nigerian among the students at inception.

http://www.aramcoexpats.com/articles/2009/10/what-does-it-mean-to-be-a-kaustian/
Re: Not A Single Nigerian In King Abdullah University Of Science And Technolgy by Apholaby(m): 1:24pm On Jul 07, 2021
There were, there are and there will still be many Nigerians at KAUST. I will mention names here:
1. Idris Ajia: https://www.linkedin.com/in/idris-ajia-26a2ab51

2. Uchenna Akujuobi: https://mine.kaust.edu.sa/Pages/Akujuobi.aspx

3. https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-oyinloye-085143ab

4. Adamu Alfazazi: https://cpc.kaust.edu.sa/people/detail/adamu-alfazazi/

If you know, you know.

(1) (Reply)

The Secret Way To Smatch Uniport Post Utme / UNN Female Student Dumps Aborted Baby In Dustbin [graphic Photos] / Meet Absu Best Graduating Students And CGPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.