Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,309 members, 7,867,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:24 AM

Just In - Federal Government Releases N775m For 2018 Census Programme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just In - Federal Government Releases N775m For 2018 Census Programme (356 Views)

Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? / FG To Include Religion, Ethnicity In 2018 Census / British Government Releases Official Statement On Ibori's Deportation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just In - Federal Government Releases N775m For 2018 Census Programme by morereb10: 10:32am On Feb 17, 2017
Federal Government has released N775m for Enumeration Area Demarcation exercise in preparation for the 2018 census programme. Chairman of the National Population Commission, Chief Eze Duruiheoma (SAN), spoke at a press briefing on Thursday in Abuja.

Duruiheoma also announced that religion and ethnicity will be included in the census unlike 2006 census. The chairman of the National Population Commission, Chief Eze Duruiheoma (SAN), spoke at a press briefing on Thursday in Abuja. EAD involves the process of deploying high calibre technology to divide the country into small units that could be easily covered by a team of enumerators.

The exercise is slated for between February 20 and March 10 2017.

Duruiheoma said, “Now, on the question of some of the things missing in the last census; well, we are making a commitment about improving on what might have happened in the past. Some of these things are there. We intend to improve on them. “I am not saying that anything went terribly bad in the past because I wasn’t even here. So, I don’t know what happened. But we want to make sure that whatever product we produce after this census would be accepted by the majority of Nigerians and that should be the test.

“Those things that ought to be there, something like religion, ethnicity and others; I know there is something controversial about them. Now, we want to engage Nigerians on some of those things. We want to let Nigerians to give us feedback on what they want or what they think because we don’t claim to know it all here.

“And that is why we have never been tired of telling you what we are doing. We tell you all that so that you can criticise us and make input. If you think any particular step we are taking is wrong, tell us. It is our duty to accept corrections.

“So, the assurance I give you is that most of those things you complained about will not be left out in the census we are contemplating.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/02/just-in-federal-government-releases.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44 missyb3

Re: Just In - Federal Government Releases N775m For 2018 Census Programme by morereb10: 10:33am On Feb 17, 2017
is about time
Re: Just In - Federal Government Releases N775m For 2018 Census Programme by sarrki(m): 10:33am On Feb 17, 2017
Good
Re: Just In - Federal Government Releases N775m For 2018 Census Programme by Nwibii: 10:40am On Feb 17, 2017
morereb10:
is about time
PLEASE LET THEM COUNT WELL THIS TIME,I THINK WE SHOULD BE MORE THAT FIGURE THEY TOLD US

(1) (Reply)

More Prayers: JNI Prays For Buhari’s Quick Recovery, Safe Return / Nigeria, Buhari & Deja Vu / Have The Presidency And Apc Admitted That Buhari Is Sick?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.