Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,342 members, 7,829,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

The Hypocrisy Of Biafran Activists? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Hypocrisy Of Biafran Activists? (640 Views)

Biafran Activists Protest Against Buhari To His Hearing(video) / The Implication Of Biafran Nation - Ekweremadu Speaks / Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hypocrisy Of Biafran Activists? by MerryMonody: 9:57pm On Feb 14, 2017
Many Biafran activists decry the occupation of land in the South by the Fulani, the Fulani's murderous and oppressive campaign and the impunity the government bestows upon them, yet they support Israel, a nation aggressively occupying Palestine land, a nation that has killed, harassed and oppressed the people of Palestine and whose nation has now legalised this terrible annexation.

My question is, is there any difference between this and Buhari supporting the sovereign state of Palestine yet opposing Biafra? Shall we lay the guilty verdict on both parties or is only one complicit in this charge of hypocrisy? Or do you support Isreal at all?

I truly want to know your answers to these questions. Thanks!

Lastly, do note that I am Igbo, so do not belittle this promising interlocution with bigoted terms like "Afonja." In fact I have previously made a post that highlighted the possible merits of seccession for the South East. It's in the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/3573721/tell-me-what-makes-support/6#52841207
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Biafran Activists? by MidolsStudent(m): 10:04pm On Feb 14, 2017
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Biafran Activists? by paschu: 10:12pm On Feb 14, 2017
You absolutely know nothing about middle east talkless of the crisis between Isreal and palestine. And be careful what you say online.

MerryMonody:
Many Biafran activists decry the occupation of land in the South by the Fulani, the Fulani's murderous and oppressive campaign and the impunity the government bestows upon them, yet they support Israel, a nation aggressively occupying Palestine land, a nation that has killed, harassed and oppressed the people of Palestine and whose nation has now legalised this terrible annexation.

My question is, is there any difference between this and Buhari supporting the sovereign state of Palestine yet opposing Biafra? Shall we lay the guilty verdict on both parties or is only one complicit in this charge of hypocrisy? Or do you support Isreal at all?

Lastly, do note that I am Igbo, so do not belittle this promising interlocution with bigoted terms like "Afonja." In fact I have previously made a post that highlighted the possible merits of seccession for the South East. It's in the link below.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Biafran Activists? by Odingo1: 10:16pm On Feb 14, 2017
Nonsense, did you know the history of Palestine and Israel
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Biafran Activists? by MerryMonody: 10:23pm On Feb 14, 2017
To people talking about the history, Israel just legalised the occupation of private Palestinian property. If this is fair in relation to the history of their conflict please explain.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Biafran Activists? by mile12crises: 10:27pm On Feb 14, 2017
MerryMonody:

.Go get some education on the Israel-palestine dichotomy before inundating the forum with your monumental ignorance.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Biafran Activists? by ycat: 10:43pm On Feb 14, 2017
While igbos are hypocritical bullshiters and don't know what they really want, you can't say you want Nigeria to be one and then want independence for Palestinians. If the Palestinians deserve to have a country, so is any part of Nigeria looking to break away.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Biafran Activists? by ycat: 10:48pm On Feb 14, 2017
Jerusalem belongs to neither of them.
ycat:
While igbos are hypocritical bullshiters and don't know what they really want, you can't say you want Nigeria to be one and then want independence for Palestinians. If the Palestinians deserve to have a country, so is any part of Nigeria looking to break away.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Biafran Activists? by thewarrior72: 11:45pm On Feb 14, 2017
Nothing wey person no go see for this forum. Every tom dick and harry now has opinion about about igbos/biafra? Smh

(1) (Reply)

Buharia And 20 Month Syndrome / President Buhari To Resume Office On Monday (full Story) / Photos Of President Buhari, Presiding Over The Federal Executive Council Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.