Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,530 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take (16614 Views)

"There Is A United Voice Against Okorocha" – Oyegun / Niger Delta, Igbo And Hausa All Want To Leave Nigeria Except Yorubas, Why? / Obasanjo Sold Everything In Nigeria Except Aso Villa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by darknetcom: 9:23pm On Jan 15, 2017
WeNigerDelta:

Wetin I go gain from convincing Sabo like you?? Simple question you nor fit answer, bro talk to me likes black African... Not dey form all this nonsense...
Werin we don gain from Nigeria for us to stay loyal to her? Or how dem take dey love country reach wen we never do? Answer the question, nor come dey act like fairy...
Or u dey happy to see our brother they trek with file up and down Warri and Sapele when other people dey collect their jobs? You happy say we nor get a world class healthcare and people dey die over useless preventable diseases.... Wetin dey d Naija wen u wan die for?

their is no were like home..no matter how messed up...
Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by darknetcom: 9:25pm On Jan 15, 2017
freeze001:

Good gracious! Are u this dumb or is it intentional? The op is talking of d period from d time Nigeria came into existence and u ate stuck at independence..There was this contraption before 1960 please!

no,no...officialy we were in charge since 1960..

anything before 1960 is not a arguement...

i am not going to argue with you anything before 1960...
Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by darknetcom: 9:29pm On Jan 15, 2017
DivaFiva:

Mind you, I'm saying that Biafrans starved like any country would including the mordern day Nigeria is we are cut off from trading with the rest of the world. There are institutions you wouldn't expect a young country to have...people had to leave their properties and lands outside Biafra in hope for a better tomorrow. Don't mock people's heritage. It's disgusting. Real people died.

i understood what you meant
Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by WeNigerDelta: 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2017
darknetcom:

Exactly... For me Warri and the Delta is my only home... It was there before Nigeria and will be there after Nigeria...Bros please where is your home?

We need to think about home first and our people only... Call it selfish or whatever I don't care, the most selfish nations are the most prosperous... Nor allow dem deceive u oo...Lagos and Abuja is not your home and will never be... The owners will never fail to remind you that....

Or Na crime if we use our God given resources on ourselves alone...Dem swear for us? Make we just dey allow people use or wealth develop their place why our people die of starvation?

9 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by Kemperor: 9:42pm On Jan 15, 2017
darknetcom:

no,no...officialy we were in charge since 1960..

anything before 1960 is not a arguement...

i am not going to argue with you anything before 1960...

U r ignorant and delusional...
Wen was dis country named Nigeria
Do u know wat indirect rule is

7 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by Rossikki: 9:43pm On Jan 15, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

They are back there with hearts in mouth. I sent my family home from the north in 2011 and left finally in 2013. I've never look back since.

Why don't you go and preach your 'one nigeria' to mama Ebuka whose millionaire husband was killed in 2011 and who now sells food by the roadside in Enugu park in Awka?

We know you are more greedily interested in the resources 'one nigeria' brings forth not with the well-being of the average Biafran. Your thoughts are inconsequential and your 'world/economic power' excuse is a farce that can be seen through.

But why are they ''back there'' at all? grin

They have a choice, not to be there. grin

Why is there ANYONE in the north today who is Igbo?

What are they looking for there? grin

Mr 'I want my own country', yet you are the one who finds your backside in every other person's country. When you finally get that country, and then all the places where your people are resident start driving you out to return to your small, already overcrowded Eldorado, how will you contain the influx of millions of displaced ''brothers and sisters'', with attendant social conflict and competition for scarce resources? And just what happens to your billions of dollars of investment across Nigeria, when you do leave? You do realise Nigeria will make it virtually impossible for you to transfer those assets to your new country?

What will happen to the millions of Igbos across Nigeria who will suddenly become by law, illegal immigrants subject to deportation? Do you have modalities in place to replace their source of livelihood when they turn up at Onitsha motor park, in Nigerian handcuffs? Do your IPOB leaders examine these questions at all? Do you ie IPOB, actually have a policy think tank that examines these issues intellectually? Or are you just a bunch of loafers with no appreciation of the economic and geo-socio-political dimensions, implications, and ramifications of your stated positions?
Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by KidsNEXTdoor: 9:59pm On Jan 15, 2017
darknetcom:

good,i stay in nigeria,you enter the atlantic ocean...

we south-southerners want nothing to do with you...
Ogbeni...... Go mosque see kamoru and azzez first... Wetin concern bird and toothbrush
Afonjaz no get shame

4 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by DivaFiva: 9:59pm On Jan 15, 2017
darknetcom:

First of all, that's bull..shit.
If them mistakenly drop green card for you to relocate...sharp sharp America go resemble home.
Nigeria is not home...your area for Warri or Delta can be and will be after Nigeria ends.

5 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by darknetcom: 10:17pm On Jan 15, 2017
Fremancipation:
Notice how the Nigerianists are yet to answer the op's questions. They just came to throw insults and waste everybody's time

look...declare war already and get biafra...

i dont want to be with someone that dont want to be with me too...

the problem is,we,rest of nigerian citizens dont have the power to give you biafra...

this is a matter of the elders and the senate...

not even buhari has the power to give you biafra...
Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by DivaFiva: 10:20pm On Jan 15, 2017
Rossikki:

But why are they ''back there'' at all? grin

Why is there ANYONE in the north today who is Igbo? What are they looking for there? grin Mr 'I want my own country', yet you are the one who finds his backside in every other person's country. When you finally get that country, and then all the places where your people are based start driving you out to return to your small, already overcrowded Eldorado, how will you contain the influx of millions of displaced ''brothers and sisters'', with attendant social conflict and competition for scarce resources? And just what happens to your billions of dollars of investment across Nigeria, when you do leave? Do your Ipob leaders examine these questions at all? Do you ie Ipob, actually have a policy Think tank that examines these issues intellectually? Or are you just a bunch of loafers with no appreciation of the economic and geo-socio-political dimensions and implications of your stated positions?

I understand you're scraping the barrel to get these questions but I'll bite.
They are there because it's part of their current country and it's accessible to them. If you know anything about Igbos, you know they are enterprising forces. Even with a smaller state, Igbos will go to the North if they are allowed and it's relatively safe. Just like you'll find Ghanaians in Nigeria, it's not that hard, man.

As to how we'll contain the "displaced" Igbos? Believe me, there's land. Plenty. There are building plans (e.g. Storey buildings) that make that a non issue. I wonder where you think Igbos live when they travel home for Christmas. Mind you if you forcefully displace Igbos in the North, Igbos will return the favor and that includes their houses/investments.

In case you never heard, investments don't need the physical presence to perform. I am confident that a ton of Igbo investors will cash out where they can anyways. When it's time for policy, policy will come. This is still a struggle...We have plenty of brainstormers and guess what? Some of them are actually professionals. They'll come.

We're not loafers. We realize we'll all be better off staying away from leeches who make you feel like it's your fault your blood is being sucked right outta you!

8 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by killsmith(f): 10:20pm On Jan 15, 2017
See as afonjas just avoided the thread like a plague....

No worries...We'll catch them in the next nnamdi kanu thread grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by darknetcom: 10:21pm On Jan 15, 2017
DivaFiva:

First of all, that's bull..shit.
If them mistakenly drop green card for you to relocate...sharp sharp America go resemble home.
Nigeria is not home...your area for Warri or Delta can be and will be after Nigeria ends.

this is your way of thinking not mine..

i lived some years in germany,but i still have only one passport...nigerian passport...
Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by Ngokafor(f): 10:23pm On Jan 15, 2017
killsmith:
See as afonjas just avoided the thread like a plague....

No worries...We'll catch them in the next nnamdi kanu thread grin grin

...They are in the Nzeogwu thread,spitting saliva all over the thread cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by darknetcom: 10:27pm On Jan 15, 2017
Kemperor:

U r ignorant and delusional...
Wen was dis country named Nigeria
Do u know wat indirect rule is

anything before 1960 is none of my business...

you want me to defend white people too because of your mullato kanu...

in your dreams...!..
Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by DivaFiva: 10:27pm On Jan 15, 2017
darknetcom:

i lived some years in germany,but i still have only one passport...nigerian passport...

I'm glad you have.
You saw the difference abi?
Yeye dey smell.

5 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by Rossikki: 10:28pm On Jan 15, 2017
DivaFiva:

I understand you're scraping the barrel to get these questions but I'll bite.
They are there because it's part of their current country and it's accessible to them.

That's not a good enough reason to be there. If indeed the north is as dangerous and hateful of Igbos as IPOB youths claim, then WHY are they millions of Igbos living there? You say it's because the north is part of Nigeria. grin. But you don't want the Nigeria! So what are you doing there? grin I mean, just because the Evil Forest is part of your village doesn't mean you carry your mat and go and sleep there every night (apologies Achebe). grin
Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by DivaFiva: 10:29pm On Jan 15, 2017
darknetcom:

I'm glad you have been out of Nigeria.
Shey you saw the difference...
Yeye dey smell.

5 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by darknetcom: 10:30pm On Jan 15, 2017
DivaFiva:

I'm glad you have.
You saw the difference abi?
Yeye dey smell.

why do you immediately know what i think..

are you a telepath??...

i dont have german passport..if i have wanted i would have gottin one...

you igbos think all black people are thinking like una.......
Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by DivaFiva: 10:33pm On Jan 15, 2017
Rossikki:

That's not a good enough reason to be there. If indeed the north is as dangerous and hateful of Igbos as IPOB youths claim, then WHY are they millions of Igbos living there? You say it's because the north is part of Nigeria. grin. But you don't want the Nigeria! So what are you doing there? grin I mean, just because the Evil Forest is part of your village doesn't mean you go and sleep there every night (apologies Achebe). grin

Now, you're trolling. Take your begging, okada riding with no prior experience aboki, suya selling, gate keeping, and sugar cane selling abokis and we'll talk.

6 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by DivaFiva: 10:34pm On Jan 15, 2017
darknetcom:

why do you immediately know what i think..

are you a telepath??...

i dont have german passport..if i have wanted i would have gottin one...

you igbos think all black people are thinking like una.......

I'm glad you have been outside Nigeria o
Nobody was talking about passport.
I only talked about green cards. There's a difference.

4 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by Rossikki: 10:38pm On Jan 15, 2017
DivaFiva:

Now, you're trolling. Take your begging, okada riding with no prior experience aboki, suya selling, gate keeping, and sugar cane selling abokis and we'll talk.

You call them these names, yet you rush to go and live among them, abandoning your Eldorado. grin

Clearly you need them more than they need you. grin
Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by MerryMonody: 10:54pm On Jan 15, 2017
Rossikki:
Can the guy above stop posting ignorant, discredited, racist trash videos pls.

Secondly, the people who want to break up Nigeria had better realise that their balkanized little ethnic countries will simply join the Sierra Leones, Gambias, and Togos of this world, sinking into international irrelevance like the aforementioned, and becoming dependent stooges of foreign powers, who usually order those smaller nations around. When you become your tiny new country, nations like Ghana and Kenya will suddenly become your boss. No more rubbing shoulders with South Africa. They will be your absolute boss and director..Your country will become susceptible to warlords and instability, like South Sudan. Before you know it, they will be sending UN to pacify your mayhem. So be careful what you wish for...You just might get it.

No more Super Eagles.
Super Falcons, Bye Bye.
No more Nollywood, currently dominating screens across the black world.
No more Nigerian dominance of African music, entertainment and fashion..
Just little, inconsequential 'countries' none in the world gives a toss about.....Shame. How art the mighty fallen? From international reckoning to nothingness. From grace to puny, inconsequential grass. Pity.

You know the best countries to live in the whole world are all small homogeneous nations: Denmark, Sweden, Norway etc. The only large nation in that group, Japan, is as culturally homogeneous as it gets. I don't know about you but I'll choose a good quality of life any day over "global power."

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by Kemperor: 11:00pm On Jan 15, 2017
darknetcom:

anything before 1960 is none of my business...

you want me to defend white people too because of your mullato kanu...

in your dreams...!..

Wake up from ur kwashiorkor slumber...... its obvious u lack healthy intelligence... judging by ur comments u hv programmed ur mind to not receive credible knowledge...
How many Nairalanders hv told u abt ur reasoning deformity
To have a successful solution 2 a tin or matter u nid 2 address or find d answers from d root...xpeciali dat of a Nation...
Only pple wit extraordinary reasoning sickness will shy away from d truth...
After all d wise men said we learn from history but u won't know notin abt dat...would u??

7 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by Rossikki: 11:02pm On Jan 15, 2017
MerryMonody:

You know the best countries to live in the whole world are all small homogeneous nations: Denmark, Sweden, Norway etc. The only large nation in that group, Japan, is as culturally homogeneous as it gets. I don't know about you but I'll choose a good quality of life any day over "global power."

Dude, This is AFRICA. The dynamics are different. If you are a small African nation with huge natural resources, you become an immediate target for western multinationals and their indigenous agents. You are not allowed to just do what you like. They will make sure you get a president who will do their bidding. A stooge. You need international capital to build infrastructure etc etc, so will need to capitulate to the IMF, World Bank etc etc... If you try to do a Hugo Chavez or Mugabe, forming nationalist, you will go the way of Venezuela and Zimbabwe... starved with sanctions. The road is tough for small African nations with great resources. If it wasn't, every Liberian would be a millionaire. They are a small country with one of the largest DIAMOND deposits on earth, yet...

The only way to resist and repel this external influence is to be a big country like Nigeria. Look, if Biafra is actualised, a country like France could just come in there and start dictating things, like they do in in Ivory coast, Cameroun etc. They will even decide who will be your president, like they did in Burkina Faso, with Blaise Compaore. cool
Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by darknetcom: 11:28pm On Jan 15, 2017
Kemperor:

Wake up from ur kwashiorkor slumber...... its obvious u lack healthy intelligence... judging by ur comments u hv programmed ur mind to not receive credible knowledge...
How many Nairalanders hv told u abt ur reasoning deformity
To have a successful solution 2 a tin or matter u nid 2 address or find d answers from d root...xpeciali dat of a Nation...
Only pple wit extraordinary reasoning sickness will shy away from d truth...
After all d wise men said we learn from history but u won't know notin abt dat...would u??

i am immun to brain wash..tell your rubbish to your fellow igbos...
Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by MerryMonody: 11:42pm On Jan 15, 2017
Rossikki:

Dude, This is AFRICA. The dynamics are different. If you are a small African nation with huge natural resources, you become an immediate target for western multinationals and their indigenous agents. You are not allowed to just do what you like. They will make sure you get a president who will do their bidding. A stooge. You need international capital to build infrastructure etc etc, so will need to capitulate to the IMF, World Bank etc etc... If you try to do a Hugo Chavez or Mugabe, forming nationalist, you will go the way of Venezuela and Zimbabwe... starved with sanctions. The road is tough for small African nations with great resources. If it wasn't, every Liberian would be a millionaire. They are a small country with one of the largest DIAMOND deposits on earth, yet...

The only way to resist and repel this external influence is to be a big country like Nigeria. Look, if Biafra is actualised, a country like France could just come in there and start dictating things, like they do in in Ivory coast, Cameroun etc. They will even decide who will be your president, like they did in Burkina Faso, with Blaise Compaore. cool

I get your point, I really do. It's quite valid, but please hear me out. With seccession not every region will have these highly demanded natural resources, and that's a good thing for them. Your post excellently explains why natural resources could be a burden, why the worst places to live in are dictatorships that are highly "blessed" with natural resources. And the best places to live in? Nations with good democratic systems and without natural resources. It seems counter intuitive but it isn't. Without natural resources, there's only one way to generate wealth: human resources. The better kept these human resources are, the more productive they are and the more wealth they generate.

Please please don't dismiss this theory just yet, watch the short video below. It's so enlightening on this, in fact on politics in general. You won't have a iota of regret. Also please read my article after wards. It was deleted a few weeks back.

Hello, please before going further, watch the following video: Rules for Rulers. That's the foundation of this post. You would be absolutely lost without it, and it's probably one of the most well thought out videos you'll see this month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rStL7niR7gs

Now that you've watched the video, let's see the connection to Biafra. I'm a firm believer in true federalism, but should the government be too stubborn to implement it and tensions escalate till some regions secede, there might be some surprising benefits to it for some regions. My focus will be on the South East. Now the video lists out 3 rules for attaining and retaining power: acquire key supporters, control the treasure and minimise key supporters. There are principles that follow these rules, the two most vital to my post are:
• The more the key supporters you need to be in power and create wealth, the shorter and more democratic the system is;
• If your main sources of wealth are the human resources, there's a greater likelihood you'll provide infrastructure and social amenities for them because that would make them more productive.

How does this connect to Biafra? Well how does this not? By the way when I say Biafra I mean South Eastern states. A homogeneous country, a nation-state, would in my opinion be the best. Just look at Nordic countries, which are some of the best places to live in. They are all small homogeneous states. Homogeneous states have common beliefs and principles, there is also this great spirit of nationalism which does foster that collective "sense of purpose". All over the world, economic development and a strong democratic system usually correlates with ethnic homogeneity:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2013/05/16/a-revealing-map-of-the-worlds-most-and-least-ethnically-diverse-countries/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C4815086978

A Biafra consisting of the South South and South East would attract a lot more tension and distrust and we'll soon be back to where we were, maybe even worse. However I do genuinely wish the South South well.

Now to the first principle. The more the key supporters you need to be in power, the shorter and more democratic the system is. The Igbo people have always been a decentralised/democratic bunch. The largest political units were villages, powers were shared between different organs: council of elders, age grades, title holders, umuada's etc. Igbos have always had multitudes of keys needed for power. It is their culture. Thus returning to the proper practice of this shouldn't be difficult. I believe if the nation of Biafra is achieved there should be even more devolution of powers. Regional governments would be stronger than the central government. Labour unions would be empowered and a host of other policies would be implemented that would create the necessity for having many keys to power and a thoroughly democratic system.

To the second principle: if your main sources of wealth are the human resources, there's a greater likelihood you'll provide infrastructure and social amenities for them because that would make them more productive.

The greatest resource of the Igbo nation is the human resource. Igbo people have been known to be very industrious and resourceful. They could easily excel in manufacturing, trade and agriculture. This is yet another major reason why it is not advisable to form a country with the largest oil producing states. Yes some Igbo states produce oil but not to the extent of it being the main source of wealth for the nation. If Biafra secedes and it is dependent on oil the government will not deem it necessary to develop the land, because the people are not necessary to create wealth. A government that is dependent on human resources and that needs many keys to power will have to increase the stardard of living for the people, because this is the only way he can make people more productive and create wealth; and it is also the only way he can retain his many necessary keys to powers.

In conclusion, there is a good possibility of the Igbo nation florishing should it secede. Should the unitary government of Nigeria fail to implement true federalism, this does seem like a valid option.

So, what do you think of the Rule for Rulers video? Do you agree with some of its theories? Would some of its principles help your region or Nigeria as a whole?

Note: please do not engage in or entertain any form of tribal bigotry, whether Igbo or non-Igbo. As you can see the op has not been insultive towards any tribe and will appreciate if a civil dicussion can ensue. We are educated people, not dogs. Thank you!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by Kemperor: 12:28am On Jan 16, 2017
darknetcom:

i am immun to brain wash..tell your rubbish to your fellow igbos...

Y d tribal sentiment
Y Igbo out of over 350 tribes in 9ja...
How can nija b one
U r probably Hausa or Yoruba...
R u an hausa man ... u mallams garnish ur names on nairaland...but we know una..
Ur brain was washed wit Hypo and Jik mixed togeda and d sweetest part is dat Dettol was not included...rather Acid was d disinfectant...
I longer kia abt ur brainless head...i regret i did at first...

3 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by walemoney007(m): 12:46am On Jan 16, 2017
Fremancipation:

And you think the northern dominated house and senate will allow any of these fantasies to pass. Keep dreaming.

You forget that Nigeria fought against Biafra after similar things were signed and agreed upon at aburi in Ghana.
this is trash,the only reason Nigeria is one today is because the south is not ready to leave,when the south is ready to leave,no mallam can do anything about it,.
the reason biafra was defeated was because the whole of nigeria was against ibos alone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by walemoney007(m): 12:58am On Jan 16, 2017
darknetcom:

facts..you started starving to death as all your borders were closed....

your biafra fell like no be small..

you maybe be good business people,but you are very bad as farmers...you had good soil yes,but why didnt you grow nothing on it..?...

you are not cattle herders,bad farmers...

you can not feed ya selfs without the help of others...

only to have money is not enough...
you wan eat the banknotes,ni??..
guy stop typing trash jawe...do you expect people that are being bombed to be farmig,even in the usa that was fighting in europe and asia during ww2 food where been ration i the country
how do some people reason sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by DivaFiva: 1:06am On Jan 16, 2017
Rossikki:

I like how you are calling other countries but you missed Nigeria out. Nigeria has never been a global power. Not even with what we are good at....population.
You're making a good point but let's not pretend Nigeria is immune to the rape from world powers for resources. At least with a Biafra, northerners will not be raping us too by owning majority of the oil wells down south via corrupt loopholes and stalling progress with their generally regressive ideals that makes the country unstable.

We don't want again...now, Na by force.

4 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by walemoney007(m): 1:18am On Jan 16, 2017
victorvezx:

Lol, the horrors in the south east are far much worse than those in the south west, if I start posting how horrific the south east is, I bet u, u will leave Nairaland for good. Ur region is the worst and the poorest in the whole south. The south south and south west are ahead of u. U should only be competing the northerners.
lwkm grin
Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by DivaFiva: 1:29am On Jan 16, 2017
MerryMonody:

I get your point, I really do. It's quite valid, but please hear me out. With seccession not every region will have these highly demanded natural resources, and that's a good thing for them. Your post excellently explains why natural resources could be a burden, why the worst places to live in are dictatorships that are highly "blessed" with natural resources. And the best places to live in? Nations with good democratic systems and without natural resources. It seems counter intuitive but it isn't. Without natural resources, there's only one way to generate wealth: human resources. The better kept these human resources are, the more productive they are and the more wealth they generate.

Please please don't dismiss this theory just yet, watch the short video below. It's so enlightening on this, in fact on politics in general. You won't have a iota of regret. Also please read my article after wards. It was deleted a few weeks back.

I really like that video and the perspective it brings. It shows oil could be Nigerias biggest problem. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aguma, Ikanya, Eight Others Dump APC For PDP In Rivers / 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines / Osinbajo: 300,000 Nigerians Have Already Benefited From FG’s Survival Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.