Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha (65922 Views)

Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop / Okorocha: I Don't Know If Rainfall In Imo Is Acidic, It Has Destroyed All Roads / My Daughter Is The Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria - Okorocha. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by OrientDailyNews: 1:55pm On Feb 07, 2018
By Damian Duruiheoma, Owerri

Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo state has declared himself the most popular governor in Nigeria based on the caliber of personalities and institutions that visit the state to have a look at some of his projects and policies.

Okorocha declared during a media parley hosted in the Government house, Owerri on Monday that he has outperformed other 35 state governors because internationally recognised personalities had been trooping to Imo to cel- ebrate his idea of moulding statues, creating Happiness Ministry amongst others; a development, he claimed, glad- dens his heart.

According to the governor, what had happened to Owerri, the state capital in terms of Urban Renewal, would shift to Orlu and Okigwe towns with the N27billion mapped out for construction of more 600 kiliometers of roads across the 27 local government areas, LGAs. He further disclosed that his administration plans to covert

Arondizuogu Secondary School to a college of education while Ahiara Technical College in Mbaise will be converted to a polytechnic.

Three day policy ban Meanwhile, a swift change in policy has seen the governor announce the cancellation of the controversial three day work policy for civil servants in the state, barely two years after it was initiated. Following the cancellation of the policy, Imo state workers are expect- ed to resume normal five work- ing days.

Okorocha explained the reason for the policy volte-face: “recession has ended and things have stabilised. We can return to normalcy and work is inclusive. So, from March 1, 2018, civil servants will now work five days as was the practice before”.

Succession plot Reacting to the allegation that his cabinet members angle to succeed him, Okorocha said he has not endorsed anybody because if he does, op- ponents will pull the person down before time.

The governor said “I have not endorsed any of my appointees yet; I have not made my decision to support any of them because am waiting for Imo people to choose and show us and I will support that person. I know chief of staff, Uche Nwosu, deputy governor, Prince Eze Madumere as well as representative Chike Okafor are all interested”, Okorocha stated.

He reeled out his achieve- ments saying he has out- performed his predecessors all put together, even as he said this year, Imo people should expect more projects and infrastructure.

He disclosed that the state is set to celebrate her 42nd anniversary adding that activities which include conferment of Imo Merit Award, Imo day of thanksgiving, State of Imo ad- dress are some programmes lined up to celebrate the state’s creation anniversary.

Okorocha said this year, his government would address social ills in the state which includes confronting hard drugs use, even as he warned that anyone caught peddling and using will be dealt with.

[quote]

Source
https://orientdailynews.com.ng/cover-story/remain-popular-governor-nigeria-okorocha/

2 Shares

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by Benjom(m): 1:59pm On Feb 07, 2018
Taaar!!! You mean popular in erecting stat...

171 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by bloodmoneyspita: 2:17pm On Feb 07, 2018
as one of Okorocha's haters I don't doubt this, his madness is beyond nigeria.

165 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by Okoroawusa: 2:24pm On Feb 07, 2018
Ogam,birikwa o!

Ara g'agba ndi ara

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by Mariangeles(f): 2:24pm On Feb 07, 2018
Talkative!
You keep talking, while real Governors let their works speak for them.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by nairavsdollars(f): 3:16pm On Feb 07, 2018
Most popular in failure, madness, statue erection, and Couples Fulfillment

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by Teewhy2: 3:17pm On Feb 07, 2018
Yes that is true.
Very popular for mediocrity, speaking from both sides of the mouth, turning governance to family affairs, self financial enrichment.

It is another Dry Season, a Season for construction works.
Need a Roof Parapet to bring out the beauty in your Building?
Check out details of our polystyrene parapet installation, it is light, fast to install and durable.
Prefect for land which doesn't much loads and renovation works.
Click below
https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/6

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by Millz404(m): 3:17pm On Feb 07, 2018
Popular for stupidity

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by afbstrategies: 3:18pm On Feb 07, 2018
He shouldn't have been a governor if not for a failed system and gullible electorate. The fact is that serious governors like Ambode or Dankwambo don't blow their trumpets. They let their actions speak for them. Governor Okorocha is an empty barrel. Those who voted for him should keep quiet and sleep with their decision.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by OVA200(m): 3:18pm On Feb 07, 2018
Statue general of Governors in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by SalamRushdie: 3:18pm On Feb 07, 2018
Delusions of grandeur at work so please ignore Mr Okorocha

15 Likes

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by Osanebi007(m): 3:18pm On Feb 07, 2018
Popular with statue making grin grin grin

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by Mcfiltermouth: 3:18pm On Feb 07, 2018
Lol.....this one wey dem dn use em brain mob village shrine

12 Likes

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by babajeje123(m): 3:18pm On Feb 07, 2018
We are so unfortunate to have imbeciles in Nigeria as leaders cry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by pezeji(m): 3:18pm On Feb 07, 2018
popular for being stupid and a sycophant. frog like you

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by Nltaliban(m): 3:18pm On Feb 07, 2018
I thought this statement was coming from fayose self undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Even rauf aregbeshola the thug is more popular than you are...

9 Likes

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by AishaBuhari: 3:19pm On Feb 07, 2018
Yeah the most popular governor without brain undisputed

16 Likes

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by solpat(m): 3:19pm On Feb 07, 2018
Mumu angry

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by Rochas2023: 3:19pm On Feb 07, 2018
Our president
Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by blackfase(m): 3:19pm On Feb 07, 2018
Ffk is coming for you...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by stefanweeks: 3:19pm On Feb 07, 2018
I doubt it not

U even be most dumbest.

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by Worksunlimited: 3:19pm On Feb 07, 2018
I sense one statue loading....

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by millionboi2: 3:19pm On Feb 07, 2018
Mumu

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 07, 2018
Why won't you be popular? After sacrificing ur left leg to the devil in a money-making ritual just to be governor.....According to FFK shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by adisabarber(m): 3:20pm On Feb 07, 2018
Popular is different from notorious. Rocha's is notorious not popular

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by millionboi2: 3:20pm On Feb 07, 2018
Wike is far more popular than u

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by Bills2307(m): 3:20pm On Feb 07, 2018
Rochas2023:
Our president
is DAT y u guys r name sake

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by bentlywills(m): 3:20pm On Feb 07, 2018
Mugu

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by AutoReportNG: 3:20pm On Feb 07, 2018
Truly, the gods must be crazy... cheesycheesycheesycheesy

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by Yungwizzzy28(m): 3:20pm On Feb 07, 2018
Fowlnshi popular pass you bro

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha by akeentech(m): 3:21pm On Feb 07, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Truly, the gods must be crazy... cheesycheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Udom Emmanuel's Second Term Declaration In Pictures / Pictures And Video From Hannan Buhari's Wedding In Abuja / Sanwo-olu Commissions 264 Units Of Flats In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.