Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,061 members, 7,953,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:31 PM

Can Someone Pls Tell Me The Benefit's Of Dry Fasting - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Someone Pls Tell Me The Benefit's Of Dry Fasting (3679 Views)

46-year-old Pastor, Chidi Eke Dies After Embarking On 40 Days Dry Fasting In Imo / What Would Be Left Of A Man After 21 Days Of Dry Fasting?? / How Can I Do 3-days Dry Fasting Towards Deliverance. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Pls Tell Me The Benefit's Of Dry Fasting by officialfestus(m): 8:50am On Feb 15, 2017
1)Pls,is it advisable to take water during dry fasting?

2)fasting and prayer and prayer without fasting which one does GOD answer's the most(faster)?

3)what are the benefit's of dry fasting and prayer?

4)is it all dry fasting and prayer does GOD answer's?

5)does faith matters in dry fasting?

6)where in the bible can one read during fasting?

7)one day dry fasting means what? (i.e is it 6:am-6:pm or 12:am-12:am)

A bible believing nairalander pls come to my aid,and enlighten me more on christianity.
Re: Can Someone Pls Tell Me The Benefit's Of Dry Fasting by felixomor: 8:57am On Feb 15, 2017
Fasting helps a Christian to subdue his flesh and carnal nature.
Hence making his Spiritual nature more alert.
Because The Spirit is constantly at war with the flesh.

Read Galatians 5 to understand better.
Re: Can Someone Pls Tell Me The Benefit's Of Dry Fasting by officialfestus(m): 9:01am On Feb 15, 2017
felixomor:
Fasting helps a Christian to subdue his flesh and carnal nature.
Hence making his Spiritual nature more alert.
Because The Spirit is constantly at war with the flesh.

Read Galatians 5 to understand better.
thanks.......but a day fasting means what 6:am-6:pm or 12:am-12:am
Re: Can Someone Pls Tell Me The Benefit's Of Dry Fasting by bmeworld(m): 9:23am On Feb 15, 2017
12AM TO 6PM

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Pls Tell Me The Benefit's Of Dry Fasting by sekundosekundo: 9:34am On Feb 15, 2017
1) It depends.

2)God answers the both and faster too.

3) Dry fasting will boost your spiritual growth and connection to God. It must be done in righteousness.

4) God answers every prayer both good and bad ones. His answers are always YES, NO, WAIT.

5) Faith matters but righteousness and Holiness matters most.

6) It depends on what you are fasting for.

7) 6am to 6pm 12am to 12am all is accepted.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Pls Tell Me The Benefit's Of Dry Fasting by felixomor: 10:49am On Feb 15, 2017
officialfestus:
thanks.......but a day fasting means what 6:am-6:pm or 12:am-12:am

There is no universal rule on fasting
Let it come from God's burden on your spirit within.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Pls Tell Me The Benefit's Of Dry Fasting by officialfestus(m): 12:18pm On Feb 15, 2017
felixomor:

There is no universal rule on fasting Let it come from God's burden on your spirit within.
thanks
Re: Can Someone Pls Tell Me The Benefit's Of Dry Fasting by officialfestus(m): 12:19pm On Feb 15, 2017
bmeworld:
12AM TO 6PM
thanks
Re: Can Someone Pls Tell Me The Benefit's Of Dry Fasting by officialfestus(m): 12:22pm On Feb 15, 2017
sekundosekundo:
1) It depends.

2)God answers the both and faster too.

3) Dry fasting will boost your spiritual growth and connection to God. It must be done in righteousness.

4) God answers every prayer both good and bad ones. His answers are always YES, NO, WAIT.

5) Faith matters but righteousness and Holiness matters most.

6) It depends on what you are fasting for.

7) 6am to 6pm 12am to 12am all is accepted.
Thanks
Re: Can Someone Pls Tell Me The Benefit's Of Dry Fasting by frubben(m): 1:16pm On Feb 15, 2017
Persin go just siddon say him wan dey use hunger flog himself

U need eph 1:18

Am outta here
Re: Can Someone Pls Tell Me The Benefit's Of Dry Fasting by felixomor: 1:23pm On Feb 15, 2017
officialfestus:
thanks

Welcome.
God bless

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Pls Tell Me The Benefit's Of Dry Fasting by bmeworld(m): 4:10pm On Feb 15, 2017
officialfestus:
thanks
U'r most welcome

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Pls Tell Me The Benefit's Of Dry Fasting by MinHope7: 8:45am On Oct 08, 2022
I'll direct you to real teaching on the power of fasting and practical steps involved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L98IUhZyR84
Re: Can Someone Pls Tell Me The Benefit's Of Dry Fasting by Kobojunkie: 2:36pm On Oct 08, 2022
MinHope7:
I'll direct you to real teaching on the power of fasting and practical steps involved
There is no power to your "dry fasting rituals, not where God is as God never commanded anyone to embarck of what are your starvation-diet rituals to begin with - Isaiah 58. How can you or anyone expect God's power to exist in that which God never asked for in the first place? undecided

The power you lot claim is not of God and since it is against God to worship two Masters in His Kingdom, your claimed worship is not of Him - Matthew 6 vs 24 & Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 undecided

(1) (Reply)

The Flesh Profiteth Nothing! / I Haven't Received Injection In 51 Years, I Can Never Take Any Vaccine- Oyedepo / Marine Spirits, Stronger Than Witchcraft But....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.